So im joining a new campaign set in 4e...

So im joining a new campaign set in 4e, however its come to my knowledge wotc fucking hates 4e in that every feat is split up into a million different magazines. So i was gonna get the character creator and i realized maybe you guys have some better advice.
I just wanted something where i can plug in my stats without fucking them up

Other urls found in this thread:

funin.space/
pastebin.com/85Hm56k5
mediafire.com/file/eddzbclbzotey4o/DDI Character Builder.zip
thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=15210
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kidnap someone your GM loves and blackmail your GM to run 5e.

1e*

Our group is a bit more combat focused so we decided to go with 4e. I really like the versatility of the wotc character builder, but i was wondering if there is an easier way to go about finding all the feats in one place etc.

I think, if you subscribe to WoTC, you can still download a charbuilder. Why did WoTC make a charbuilder for 4e, and no other edition?
Well, you see, 4e was originally intended to come with online tools - imagine roll20, but with fully intergrated splatbooks and character builder. You only needed to subscribe and pay a few dollars to get the ultimate DnD experience on the internet!

But you see, they trusted creating online tools to a guy. As in, one person, who proceeded to go insane and commit a murder-suicide. Nobody managed to pick up his work, so all that remains from the promised online integration is a character builder, if even that.

yeah i guess i have no other option really, all the other free versions i found were seemingly incomplete and missing some very basic stuff

Surprisingly the character sheet for 4e on roll20 is very complete

It can't calculate feats for you, but if you enter the numerical values in the right places it will add all the fiddly bits together

That's the first time I've heard about the murder-suicide. Wow.

The online character builder, along with all other 4e related tools, were taken down some time ago and the offline version is not hosted on their site. You could probably check the archived 4e generals for a link though.

funin.space/

This will help immensely. It's all the 4e content in a single place and searchable.

pastebin.com/85Hm56k5

Here, should have everything you need, most importantly, the character builder.

>Taken down
But me and my group still use the online character builder. It's fucking fantastic

The link went dead for me months ago. Did they just move it to somewhere else?

there's a third-party version of the compendium i forget the url for, and an offline version from the 4e general. I've always found the compendium more useful than the character builder from a usability standpoint, it's an encyclopedia with a search function. way easier to look stuff up.

using the two together is probably the easiest way of things. look up what you want on the compendium, plug in the numbers in the character builder. I think the character builder has a search function too, so you can type the names of the feats once you've got them.

>when the shame of unleashing 4e is so great that it literally drives you to kill yourself

Have fun but be warned 4e is a real bitch even for combat heavy groups. Monsters are too meaty/barely scratch you and turns take forever in the mid-late game.

Not with MM3 math.

mediafire.com/file/eddzbclbzotey4o/DDI Character Builder.zip
Just download a builder for fuck's sake.

Avoid this by avoiding MM1&2 monsters and giving PCs expertise and improved defenses feats. WotC fucked up the math and didn't unfuck it until MM3/Monster Vault.

For all the shit you need to track by epic, use app macros like on roll20 or something. It's painfully clear how much they intended it to work with digital support once you actually use digital support

thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=15210

4e is superior to 5e if you have a good GM.

5e gets really old and boring, really fast.