Before you close this thread, either "hurr hurr"ing like an asshole, or feeling vaguely disturbed...

Before you close this thread, either "hurr hurr"ing like an asshole, or feeling vaguely disturbed, I want to ask you a question. That orc - you know, the orc in that room in the dungeon, you open the door, there's an orc there. He looks up, a bunch of heavily armed human motherfuckers are charging into the room waving weapons. What's he supposed to do? Smile broadly and say "Hey, mi casa es su casa, amigos!"? No, he whimpers with fear, pulls out his pigsticker, and prepares to meet his doom.

I wanna know about his childhood. Are you telling me he doesn't have friends who are going to miss him? That he didn't have hopes and fears and aspirations of his own? That you aren't a bunch of fucking degraded monsters for wasting him without a second thought? You're playing a fucking role, okay, you're supposed to act like a real character in this world. And yet you saunter around, killing intelligent creatures like they're just another widget, a bunch of pixels to blow away, a mechanism for obtaining experience points and treasure.

That isn't roleplaying. Not as I understand it.

not every party is murderhobos you fucking sperglord

He could always run away when he sees that they are murderhobos.

And yet you felt offended enough to get upset over it.

Stop playing murderhobo simulator 2017 and start roleplaying.

>someone breaks into your home and attacks you
>it's your own fault for not running away

>all your bs feelsposting
>That isn't roleplaying. Not as I understand it.
>as I understand it
>I
stop

>Le adventurers are racists who murder monster races for no reason
Get back to psych ward, Thunt, and stop writing your shitty comic while you're at it.

Now tell us about your relationship with your parents and friends, OP.
I mean you've already went on for two whole paragraphs about shit nobody cares about and you can't actually effect in any meaningful way, so why not just keep going with that theme?

>feeling vaguely disturbed
What's there to be disturbed about?
This isn't even the first time I've seen a thread like this this week. It's not even the FOURTH time as a point of fact.

When hummies come a knocking.
I just wanna Waagh.

Listen you idiot, history is filled with people absolutely genociding the fuck out of each other for arbitrary reasons, so when you have a race that is more violent and savage as a whole than the other races, no medieval adventurer is going to think twice about killing him and his entire family.

>Are you telling me he doesn't have friends who are going to miss him?
He won't once we are done with the dungeon

Ay mane das raciss.

Aint no proof that orks mo violent than humans

You want to know about his youth? Ok. He was born four years ago. He never met his father and his mother died when he was a 6 months old orc kid. The other orcs didn't care about him. To survive, he had to eat the leftovers. He killed for the first time when he was 7 months old. It was another orc kid who tried to steal some of his food. Later, he entered the service of an old (5 or 6 years old) warrior. Violence, abuse and débaucherie became his daily routine - the old orc had a viscous temper and used to beat and rape his servants in a drunken frenzy. On his second birthday the young orc became a warrior and a full member of his tribe, after proving his valor in a raid on a human village (he killed two militiamen, one farmer, four old women, five children and kidnapped two young girls for his master). He continued his orc warrior life until his tribe got ambushed by a human army. He fled into the woods. After some weeks of erring through the woods, hallucinating of hunger, he crossed path with a dark lord. Subjugated by the powerful mind of the dark lord, he followed him and became one of his many slaves, guarding its dungeon.

>Live in a dangerous place full of stuff that's trying to kill you
>Surprised when something tries to fucking kill you

Come on dude, it's a dungeon. If the orc doesn't bite it to adventurers today, he's gonna get his bones melted by a gelatinous cube tomorrow.

>Are you telling me he doesn't have friends who are going to miss him?
Sure he does.
They love getting together and eating people's faces together, good times.

>That he didn't have hopes and fears and aspirations of his own?
Of course he does.
They mostly involve eating people's faces.

>That you aren't a bunch of fucking degraded monsters for wasting him without a second thought?
Not necessarily.
It'd be different if he surrendered and peacefully gave up his weapon.

>Literally "if you kill your enemies they win": the post
Are you a leaf OP?
Because you know, in most settings adventurers actually have pretty good reason to murder orcs

It is what my character would do.
Or are you controlling my character?
That isn't roleplaying. Not as I understand it.

The orc in the room was born to a pair of hobgoblin parents around 12 years ago. Like most children, hobgoblin children are vastly smaller, weaker and stupider than their adult relatives, and due to a quirk in their genetics cannot fully undergo adolescence until they experience severe adrenaline from trauma. To ensure that this occurs, once hobgoblin children reach their maximum growth at around 6 years, they are forced out of hobgoblin lands, becoming the “goblins” that encroach on human territories.

Being stunted, stupid and weak, these goblins usually get into lethal trouble sooner rather than later. Those that survive, swiftly enter puberty and complete their adolescence in the next 4 or so years, being allowed to return to hobgoblin lands at that point; feeling the usual desire to get laid common to most adolescents, they swiftly leave their permanent-child brethren behind in search of mates. Some few goblins are incapable of reaching adolescence in this way, whether because they fail to experience sufficient trauma or because of defects in their adrenal systems; these experienced, older goblins usually end up as chieftains or similar leadership roles.

Maturity, death or eternal childhood are three of the possible ends for a goblin; the other is inside the room. Powerful wizards know of an arcane process capable of creating a “womb”, into which is placed a goblin. This womb forces the goblin into an altered maturity, in which its muscle mass is greatly increased while its intelligence is significantly reduced. Strong, loyal and easily led, these creatures make perfect shock troops for the unscrupulous wizards that create them. They remember little about their previous lives and care less; loyalty to the tribe and the Master is their main goal.

When the adventurers kick down the door, then, the orc turns with a smile. It is time to prove itself.

The murderhobobs clearly violated the NAP though, the Orc had the right to stnad his ground.

All part and parcel of living in a large city, amirite?

> That isn't roleplaying. Not as I understand it.

That's real life you pussy faggot

There was that one greentext about this party killing an orc warrior guy, then one of them spotted a note in his belongings. They started reading it, and apparently it was a part of his journal or whatever, and he wrote there how that was his last day in that place and how he was going to be marked for excellency since he (would've) made it throughout his whole duty without resorting to violence once. There was a drawing of him with his wife and child, too.

Do you think the Conquistadors troubled themselves with the friends or family of the savages they cut down by the millions in South America? No? So then why would a band of wandering medieval warriors/thieves care about killing something that isn't even their species?

The concept of universal respect for life is basically a late-19th to early-20th century social construct.

Uh, the dude didn't blame anyone for anything.

I only roleplay complete psychopaths, killers or zealots that furiously believe in their cause.

>ork
Well, they're non human, so it doesn't matter.

It's not like the characters are killing people.

>this
takes two to tango

But that doesn't happen in any games I play.

Usually when you encounter intelligent beings, you make a reaction check. If you roll poorly they may be hostile, or just tell you to leave. You can choose then to attack them, or go around them, or work with them.

I think your strawman is pretty shitty.

Easy solution, my character always shouts "Your money or your life!" while brandishing his weapon dandily in a goofy fencing pose.

Any deaths after that are entirely out of my hands, the ball was in their court.

>pure rollplayer posting his reverse b8
Nope, not taking it.

Did someone kill your special orc npc user? They didn't even bother asking him why he was there did they? They just saw something evil and killed it. What horrible players

>fantasy worlds must conform to real earth historical mindsets

To be honest, every time I enter a dungeon or evil fortress or whatever I do it with the express purpose of eradicating whatever is there, so honestly I couldn't care what led them to do the things they did.

>if real humans are this murderous towards their own species I cannot fathom how fantastical caricatures of humans might have even less scruples about killing something that's not even human