Can anyone recommend a good system to run a campaign based around Twin Peaks (the original series, not The Return)?

Can anyone recommend a good system to run a campaign based around Twin Peaks (the original series, not The Return)?

Textbook case of Delta Green.

Or Unknown Armies but with the PCs being normal people rather than mancers or adepts of any kind. The people they have to deal with are mancers and adepts and archetypes.

But use UA1 not UA3.

>Can anyone recommend a good system to run a campaign based around Twin Peaks (the original series, not The Return)?

Phillip's dead, in both worlds.

Rosenfield's gone too x 2.

Log Lady as well. Can't forget her.

Why use UA1 over UA3 or 2?

It's dirtier and better. UA3 does all kinds of stupid shit and the author got arrogant and started shilling his personal politics into the game.

That was always a thing in UA, tynes has never been particularly subtle in his views on our culture.
2nd for Delta Green or UA 2 or 3.He's not dead, he's like the smoke in that teapot, or whatever.

>UA1
Fucking why. Nobody plays 1st edition for a reason.

This

Systems provide ways to randomize or gamify elements of role playing. So what is it your trying to turn into dice-based success and failure?

I would personally avoid a system or using something extremely basic. Since you're working in the world of a drama with supernatural elements, you're going to be dealing with story and character way more than critical hits and armor class.

>le freeform XD

Summer can't end soon enough

Everyone is John to play as Bob while in any given town in the rural north. Instant success if you have any idea what those places are like.

D&D would work

HELLOOOO OOO OOO

Don't Rest Your Head.

MISTER JACKPOTS!

Fear Itself or Bubblegumshoe. I ran a Stranger Things/Twin Peaks inspired one shot in Bubblegumshoe, it was a huge hit.

IS IT ME YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

So, current options are Bubblegumshoe, Delta Green, or UA. We probably won't use Don't Rest Your Head, though I'll look more into that because it seems like an interesting system.

Holy shit, this is fantastic! You could use this for Night Shift, too!

It might also help me write my novel.

This is a better Supernatural RPG than the actual Supernatural RPG.

I do see that it's unfinished; where can I find the creator?

I want /tv/ to leave and to take their shit shows with them.

Is there a newer version of this?

>I do see that it's unfinished; where can I find the creator?
>Is there a newer version of this?

The creator lurks on Veeky Forums so you might have luck if he sees this thread.

In that case: Brian Richmond, if you see this post, please speak up. I'd be very interested in speaking with you about the Small Towns project.

>Fear Itself or Bubblegumshoe. I ran a Stranger Things/Twin Peaks inspired one shot in Bubblegumshoe, it was a huge hit.

Fear Itself and bubblegumshpse both use GUMSHOSE systerm (it's always capitalise but doesn't stand for anything), along with trails of Cuthulu and a few other games.

It's very much designed for investigatory play. It's a just D6 plus your how many skill points you spend for the check (including health and sanity) so it's a lot more about resource management then weighting probability. Which doesn't appeal for everyone but helps avoid situations where players get stuck simply cause failed a spot check to find the clue to continue the game. Which obviously an experience DM can work around easily but is a common occurrence nonetheless.

Don't Rest Your Head seems too weird and setting spefic personally. Sure it works for the dreams sequences but little else

I would use Over the Edge. First, it's a good and very simple system. Secondly, it was made to play in a modern and bizarre world where strange things happen. Main sources of inspiration were William S. Burrough, David Lynch, Jorge Luis Borges and Philip K. Dick. Twin Peaks is specifically named as source of inspiration.

Not the guy you're replying to, but I think he's right; the UA3 book is a lot preachier than UA2.

How do you motivate yourself to finish that last bit on models?
I'm actually usually ok with getting started etc, but the finishing touches I seem incapable of doing.

My guess is it's knowing they're not great, and finishing it says I'm done despite them not looking good, but that doesn't help me do it.

I think you're in the wrong thread mate.

I mean, I guess i'm not over sensitized to that stuff like a lot of people around here seem to be, I just don't really get how it's changed in tone.
DryH would be fine to represent like, The Black Lodge, but not the mainline.

Don't Rest Your Head has a pretty interesting system, and you should definitely look at Don't Lose Your Mind, the extension. Unfortunately, DRYH games usually tend toward high powers and high risk scenarios. This is a game where a character can casually say 'fuck it' and summon the legions of hell in the city, before being dragged kicking and screaming down in the abyss. Surviving in DRYH is less about finding the truth and being silent than knowing that going loud will kill you when the eldritch abominations come back to make you pay for it.

It wouldn't be proper for a Twin Peaks campaign, but check the system, it is really good.

One of the strengths of the GUMSHOE system is that it's very heavily character-driven. The system works best with people who are into acting and role-playing but will probably fall short with munchkins. So having people act out their quirks can be supported in the game, which is essential to imitating Twin Peaks.

You're the kind who only plays official DnD adventures and when anyone deviates you throw a tantrum and make everyone go home, amiright?