Ixalan

>Ixalan
>A magical world where Vampires, Merfolk, Medusas, Orcs, and Pirates all have dusky complexions.

It's to make everything seem extra exotic right?

A BLOO A BLOO THERE'S NO WHITE PEEPLE

BLOO BLOO WAHHH

Vraska isn't even from Ixalan you dumb motherfucker.

Its based on South and Central America, everyone is going to at least have a tan.

is that way.

Even ghosts?

BLAG LBLA NO WITES OHGNOD

woah literal white genocide. makes me thunk desu

BLOOOO BLOOA A AAAAAAA

At least they aren't straight up ugly niggers like samut and poo in the loos.

A BABOO BO OOOB BOOOOOOOOO

Weren't they all up in arms because black people in not-Greece was unrealistic? Doesn't white people in South America make even less sense?

Shhh. Don't use logic! You'll hurt their fee-fees!

BB A BBAA OOO EH UH WHIGENCIDE EUHHH AAAA BOOO HOOOOOOOO

You need to go back.

A AA A AAAAAA BOO HOOOOOO OOOOO WHEREMA AAAA WHIIITESSSSAAAAAATTGGS

Gothic, vaguely gremanic fantasy world has a few nignogs in it.
>complain about there being nignogs in it because nignogs are not indeginous to germany

Vaguely southamerican fantasy world has mainly nignogs in it with a few white people.
>Complain about there being nignogs

??? ??? ???

Wait a minute what the fuck is this guy doing with that rope anyway?

To be honest I can't really tell the ethnicity of these guys, I assume is white, but their grey skin, black eyes and elf ears don't help

Also, dunno about this setting or mtg in general but
>Spanish vampire conquistadors attacking not Aztecs
Isn't this too much on the nose?

Why would monsters have black skin? Why would pirates be niggers when most of them came from europe?

HUH HHUH HH UH AAAAA BLOO A BLOOO muhwhits

It's just bait, user, he actually doesn't care or is in fact on favor of it

HAAHGHHH GHHHH AAAAAAA HOO HOOO fkn nigggrrergoesff AHGAAA BOO HOO

This, monsters who prey on the weak should have white skin, it's fitting

>something something feminism instead of racism
why are all the mtg shitposts just /pol/ garbage?

Why is everybody freaking out? I was just pointing out something I found a little odd.

I didn't even say I disliked it.

Any Mesoamerican setting has a 99% chance of Conquistadors as its an incredibly easy conflict generator.

Why would monsters have white skin? They're monsters. It's a dumbass question.

Also, literally punch "black pirates" into google you retard.

No they should have skin fitting the race characteristic, the merfolk in the OP why it has a black face instead of a blue one like every other merfolk?

HNUG NUH HNGG AHOO HOO BLOO

Thisfy swarthy FUCJK is duucking MAIN CHARACTER! FUCJIK

NIGERS GERS NIGGERSSS FFS AHOOO HOOO BLOO WAHHHHHH HAAAAAAA

Moron

>I have somehow completely missed all the /pol/posting about race these past couple of years!
>I don't know why everyone's telling me to fuck off, honest!

You aren't fooling anyone.

>an incredibly easy conflict generator.
The problem is that it isn't just ingame conflict, is also outsideofgame conflict. Isn't it weird that when you depict minorities in a estereotipical way is bad but when you do it with majorities (if Mediterranean Spanish are a majority) os 100% ok?

I know it will probably bring some hate over me, but I think they look cool though

Merfolk aren't monsters, Spanish conquistadors are, both in game and irl, it's fitting.

We had a few people here going "WE WUZ" because some necromunda gangers were black. Fucking gangers being black was enough to trigger automatic meme reactions.
Just don't try to find any logic in random people on the internet.

Black pirates, vampires, and ghosts make sense.

Black Merfolk don't really. How would black skin even evolve in a world without sun?

Orcs. These swarthy Orcs looks just like humans. It makes them less interesting?

Medusas. I don't know.

Merfok in Ixalan have multicolored faces reminiscent of ritual body painting. Their faces can be whatever color.

is the fucking idiot going to be in every single ixalan spoiler thread

>Say, fellas, has anybody ever noticed that a lot of the media companies are owned by hook-nosed kikes?
>Wait, wait, wait! It's not like I'm racist or anything! I just thought it was weird!

Because they're Ixalan Merfolk, and Ixalan Merfolk come in a number of shades ranging from blue to orange to yes, brown.

Spooky, I know.

Only SJW and /pol/ care about that shit, rest of the world won't bat an eye over vampire conquistadores and its correlation with history

>in a world without sun?
you what

People are just mad because it feels so forced.
I don't doubt that it often makes some sort of sense.
It isn't very hard to justify this sort of thing in a fantasy world.

How many (you)s do you see OP?

Technically the vampires aren't attacking the not!Aztecs.

They're all attacking each other as they race to find a super artifact.

Stars are not typically found under water.

Vraska isn't even dusky.

She has ashen grey skin. She's closer to white than black.

Nah. You don't get to play that card.

How does non-whites in a Mesoamerican setting feel forced?

How does blacks in Necromunda feel forced?

Not him but I dunno, dude. Lets leave her out of this.

It's the universal application seems forced.
Every set now reflects la cause sociale du joure.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't even know she was from some other set. I regret including her in my opening post.

The Conquistadors were pretty brutal invaders whose main goal was to take gold and land by force. Of course the Aztecs were also very brutal, and many other native tribes actually allied with the Spanish to overthrow them, but modern sensibilites lead people to view such colonization methods in a negative light.

Yeah because you were so close to making a thread point about social justice until you included that particular card game character.

Photosynthesizing plants that are essential to aquatic ecosystems might beg to differ, brainlet. Also, Ixalan merfolk are amphibious. They're part G, remember?

Man, it's almost like you don't actually pay attention to Magic lore except insofar as it supports your narrative. If I didn't know better, you could almost think this was part of some sort of raid from somewhere else on Veeky Forums with a pathological obsession with race and a penchant for raiding. Hey, I just thought it was odd! I'm not SAYING anything!

It only really seems forced because you're used to seeing 99% white peeps.

In reality, there's nothing wrong with having more non-whites around. They're not even making the majority, or even close to the majority, of characters white. And there's not a single non-white main character! Even the fucking humanoid lion is white.

What annoys me is when they say they've totes studied black matters and brought black writers and black advisors in, so that their characters are written 'black' enough. Actually including non-whites doesn't matter one way or another, but this weak ass posturing on the writing side gets under my skin.

AH HOOO HOO BLOOO OOOOO

>du joure.
"du jour", don't make me push French language as tomorrow's "cause sociale".

These guys look so awesome. Never knew how much I'd look a vampire conquistador look

What's funny is so far the majority seem women. Coincidence? sincerely asking.

>Man, it's almost like you don't actually pay attention to Magic lore

I did once, but for various reasons I found myself alienated from Magic.

I played off and on since 4th edition. I stopped paying close attention after the Return to Ravnica block.

>you could almost think this was part of some sort of raid from somewhere else on Veeky Forums
I don't come from /pol/. I don't really like /pol/. Too blunt and too fast. Hard to have a good back and forth.

I see now that this thread was a mistake. I won't be posting in it anymore. I tried deleting it, but it did not let me.

AAAA HOOO HOO UHHU UH UH AAA HOO BOO HOO

For real though that's it, there are only so many spoilers and a lot of them are dinosaurs or too blurry.

Kinda hilarious that there's three white guys in the OP image though.

Forgive me. I'm a little rusty, and I often type in haste.

Women pirates existed and probably still exist to some extent.

Yesterday someone counted the number of male and female pirates shown so far.

17 male, 13 female, IIRC. No idea about the other factions.

>I stopped paying close attention after the Return to Ravnica block.
That makes it even funnier that you don't know about Vraska. Guess what block she appeared in?

Never implied the opposite, but flying mamals also exist and that doesn't mean they're the majority.

Nah, I just thought it was funny, OP could have went into that direction and it would be slightly more validated than "brown people in not south America, guys!"

This isn't our first rodeo.

Don't worry, I was just trying to spook people by menacing them to put French in their children cards game.

Fuck, nvm, OP already went with that. I always overstimate how fast people shitposts

>Conquistadors were able to royally buttfuck the natives because they had gunpowder and firearms
>no guns in Ixalan
Bonus points if we get something like a cannon on a ship but no actual firearm.

Also smallpox won't be on Ixalan either

OP's a faggot par extraordinaire as always, but honestly? I'm down. Delicious brown medusa?

Fuck yeah, where'd I put that robe and wizard hat.

Conquistadors killed ldirectly ess natives than you think, most of the work was done by other tribes working under their command and unitential spreading of diseases. I read that a study said 90% of deaths were due dunno which disease Spaniards didn't even know about

We have a harpoon gun on a ship. The point is though they wanted to put the natives on par with the conquistadors which is why they have steel even though real aztecs didn't and also fucking dinosaurs. Also makes a really cool gold and silver contrast between them.

>after RtR
>doesn't know Vraska

Back in my times, trolls actually put effort in it

Is pretty hard to pinpoint the actual causative, some studies say the actual demise of the Aztec empire was the hemorraic fever brought by native rats after a series of droughts. But even if this were true, if such fever didn't affect them they would have died anyway to European diseases and conflicts.

When are they gonna reveal the new Vraska card anyways? What are you guys hoping and expecting from it?

>hoping
Not shit.
>expecting
Shit.

the fuck is wrong with you? it would be weird as fuck if natives from a centroamerican setting didn't look like fucking natives.

Men fought and died against the Vampires so all that remained was women and kids that became pirates.

Oh, shit
I can dig this

Wearing it.

This could actually be canon.

The pirates in Ixalan are explicitly a loose federation of refugees from places that have been conquered by the vampire guys.

>admiral Beckett Brass
>legendary creature - human pirate
>admiral
>pirate
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

When you're a pirate in charge of a boat full of other pirates, if you want your title to be 'admiral' instead of 'captain', it's fucking admiral.
She could've decided on General, or Triple Captain, or Super President, or Empress-Queen-Czarina and that's what her crew would've had to call her.

nothing in piracy is official so if you want your title to be admiral then you're a fucking admiral

it's aso entirely possible she was a navy admiral and due to reasons left it for piracy, in which case it was a legitimate title and she just kept it. many retired military people are still addressed by their former rank.

>Doesn't white people in South America make even less sense?
They're white devil invaders from not!Europe.

They are holy warriors come to reclaim that which was stolen from them.

>Spaniard trying to excuse what he did in South America
Kek
Go sell blankets with smallpox somewhere else

Spaniard is one of the few kinds of european I'm not.
I was explaining what the Torrezan vampires are doing in Ixalan.

Torrezón, actually

Not him but
>what he did
1. He didn't do jack shit, that was people 500 years ago
2. The descendants of the people who did that are actually living now in South America, yes, those who conquered South American remained there and mixed with the natives. Chances are the people who remained in Spain didn't went there nor killed shit. Which makes it extra ironic when you see South Americans throwing shit at Spaniards
3. No, I'm not a Spaniard

>let's make every single plane a melting pot of every race
>the more they look the same the more interesting they will be, right?

>tfw we think we don't go back to Kamigawa because of game mechanics.
>It's actually because wotc can't shoehorn multi-ethnic representatives.