Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1719: Tusken Raiders Should Not Run Governments Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_a9rsfap-gQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rY5vEl0emsQ
img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1459/19/1459197609924.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For those of you that jumped Overlord (the series) and went 42d Supreme Being, did you tell Ainz that you were a jumper? If not, how did you handle him?

So during your chain Jumpers have you ever had the misfortune of meeting someone too stupid to live?

would Toumas imagine breaker work on saitama?
I want to give caped baldy the challenge he yearns for

>spongebob jump
>every character

Let's say you could only pick up 8 Companions for your entire chain. Who would you choose? Would you go for waifus? Power? Some shared theme? Or, on the contrary, would you go for contrast, with different archetypes?

Nope. I just helped him in his plans to defend Nazarick, sometimes pushing for diplomacy instead of violence but overall following his lead.
I've never had more than 4 companions. I don't understand how people can write/manage that many.

Behead those who insult Squidward

>I've never had more than 4 companions.
Who are they?

I thought about telling him that I was a hacker and that things just happened to carry over, but decided not to. Instead I just invited him into my party using The Gamer and freaked him out a little.

i did
i picked my 6 pokemon, my pokemon companion (pokemon dungeon) and one waifu (chel from el dorado)

chosing powerful companions doesn't make sense to me, since they will eventually become very powerful anyway. I just picked the first i got and stuck to them

Yeah, I did. He was...surprisingly accepting of it. After all, just because I was a dimension hopper didn't mean I wasn't still one of his guildmates and friends. He did ask me a lot about other dimensions though, and if I had anything to do with us landing in this one. We had some pretty interesting conversations, him and I. We decided to keep the truth between just us, even as we searched for the other Supreme Beings.

I was the 43rd Supreme Being, an Angel. I spent most of my time corralling the denizens of Nazarick into not doing stupidly evil shit.

Uninteresting OC. A mischievous werecat burgler, a wuxia hero/dragon, a devoted minotaur bodyguard and a gender-fluid magitech expert.

Does anybody else here like to give powers to secondary characters in your jumps just to fuck with the story, or because you think they'd do great if they just had more power?

for example i gave this guy a broken limiter (isekai) and some regenerative abilities, so he'll actually reach saitama levels one day

>because you think they'd do great if they just had more power?
I do that sort of shit all the time. Stands are one of my most common hand-outs.

I wanna do this but I don't know how to give powers to people. How do you guys do it?

I mixed up a cocktail that included Index esper powers and Resident Evil psychic abilities, regeneration, and strength and gave it to Booster Gold without telling him.

Twas amusing

infectious bite from van hellsing lets you grant the one you bite your alt form(s)
skill books from generic isekai lets you grant skills (and maybe powers depending on who you ask)
the best straight up specific powergranting i know is sacrifical bestowment from shin megami tensei

there's lots of other stuff like giving people mutant powers, teaching them to use the force, magic etc...

Jumpers!

Which jump did you write the longest story for?

I'm curious to see what inspires people.

Pokemon, I covered two years of my time there off and on for a few months, then a smattering of the other eight in small blurbs before wrapping up my time there.

The longest one in my previous chain was Protectors of the Plot Continuum, which was something of a 'wham' episode for Destroyer of Worlds. Featuring knowledge of other Jumpers, fighting a Sue that mirrored some of the dumber stereotypes, knowledge of the Spark and the permanent death of a companion who had gone from 'irredeemable troll' to 'slightly redeemable troll'. It ended up being the signal to start the endgame of that chain.

Nameless' chain isn't really long enough to warrant me handpicking it, but all the stories so far (save MMBN) have been fairly long and detailed.

Okay, so /jc/, I might have fucked up. I went to My Hero Academia and decided, "Hey, you know what would be fun? Empowering Deku before All Might does!", since I think the jump starts before he gives Deku One for All. So, what did I do? I used Sacrificial Bestowment to give him the Ultimate Lifeform race and perks, plus Hamon from JoJo and Fine Control from Incredibles so he didn't accidentally hurt himself/others. And I thought, this would be fun! But then I realised, wait a second, Ultimate Lifeform has Understanding, a power copying ability. And the only other character in MHA with that sort of ability is All For One.

So, exactly how much attention is Deku about to get when people realise what he can do? Because I think I just did the equivalent of covering the poor kid in delicious meat in front of a bunch of hungry wolves, with the wolves being all the pro heroes and villains.

Dragonlance.

so which one's your waifu?

Everyone's going to hate him. MHA is all about mastering your own gifts and growing into your own, just stealing powers is antithetical to UA Academy's ethos. Every single one of his classmates and teachers is going to despise him for being a copying fuck instead of becoming his own person.

I think my longest was SCP. Because detailing the reactions to the madness that was my character was fun for a little while.

All of them.

Yes. In fact, I generally give out powers on a fairly liberal basis.

Depends on the power. There's a lot of stuff, like martial arts, that you can just straight up train people in normally... but supernatural training methods, and perks related to boosting training times, help. Falling Blossom Style is always good for producing a fine crop of fanatical mooks; using Martial Arts Compendium Memorization and Perfected Lotus Cultivating Gardener to train up mooks after dosing them with Celestial Cocaine makes it super easy... and that's using powers from only one jump, and perks/items gained from a single origin (Exalted: Sidereals, for reference).

Magic may or may not be as easy to train people in... unless you took Numerologic Sorcerous Tutelage (also from Exalted: Sidereals), in which case you can teach any magic you know to anyone at all, provided that person happens to be a brilliant mathematician (if they aren't, you'll have to solve that particular problem first).

Not incidentally, I cannot emphasize enough how useful the Exalted jumps are for power training in general. There's a shitton of in-setting stuff for training up mortals and/or giving them superpowers, and the relevant jumps include a bunch of related perks for a good reason. From the use of Charms with the Training keyword (which let you quickly turn groups of peasant farmers into elite soldiers, expert martial artists, or educated loremasters) to spells like Imbue Amalgam (which let you quickly turn individual peasant farmers into inhuman monsters with a custom array of superpowers who are mystically bound to your will), to the almighty Endowment charm (which lets you expensively turn carefully-selected mortals into small-g gods), Exalted is supersaturated with ways to bestow powerups upon those you deem deserving of power.

Hey jumpers, what's the weirdest weapon you've used?

I once beat someone to death with a baguette. I was not having a fun time at that moment.

Usually I use magitech nano-cybernetics. Build all sorts of powerful physics-defying tools right into their cells.

So minor WoC update incoming.

Im adding some stuff into the notes of World of Cultivation, mainly math numbers and an explanation of permanent tempering and how it works.

also changed the CP to Cultivation Points part at the top of the cultivation method table dealy to say Cultivation Method Points.

also added a note that taking too many side effects in the cultivation method table is bad, I mean I thought that was obvious but here is what I am adding to make sure I dont accidentally confuse people.

>Just to be clear trying to stack too many of these such as deadly Teaching Requirements Can make this method nothing more than a lesson in how to slowly and painfully kill yourself if you choose to practice this method.

and I fixed body cultivation background that somehow got moved at the beginning.

only semi here cause busy at home today but I am around if needed.

Thanks Aionon for the update and clearing things up.

To be fair, Ultimate Lifeform does grant other powers of its' own, but yeah, that's going to be a problem. Knowing All For One, he's going to try and take advantage of that, and having UL Deku join him would be...well, really bad doesn't even begin to describe it.

What's the most dangerous Jump? Gauntlets excepted.

Light of T...
>Gauntlets excepted.
Nevermind.

Hit Generic Isekai for The System and Skill Books, this combo makes all powers skills and you can make books that teach people those skills. This doesn't mean you can hand out a Intelligence boosting book but you could teach a guy unnatural levels of study/retention on the scale of a perk you have or you could teach them how to toss ice around like a royal born to Frozen with Elemental Queen and the above combo.

Next hit up The Weakness of Beatrice the Level Cap Holy Swordswoman That Made Being the Strongest Even More Trouble – His Name? Boo Boo Jump so you can get Maker of Magic, this perk allows you to tie Magic Systems together and manipulate the fugg out of existing ones.

Then Hit Dark Souls and get you hands on Pyromancy somehow.

Now every Magic System you ever come across is Skill that can be taught with Skill Books and by enfolding them into your personal Maker of Magic set-up you can pass access to the entire Magic System via granting the entry level skills to them. In addition to that you can also grant some pretty cool stuff with Skill Books.

Exalted: Sidereals. I randomly roll the bulk of my jumps, and wound up going there as Jump #7... which is about 100 jumps earlier than I would've planned to visit Creation.

I wound up writing about 8000 words on a year-by-year overview of my adventures... which mostly revolved around hanging out in Yu-Shan dispensing plot spoilers about things like the Scarlet Empress' whereabouts and the precise details of the Great Curse (being publicly known as the 21st Chosen of Journeys helped with my credibility). Specific highlights of adventures beyond Yu-Shan included diplomatic overtures to the Locust Crusade, marked with exorbitantly extravagant bribery (Sidereals normally get censured for spending Heavenly wealth like that, on account of how it'd wreck Creation's economy, but the loot wasn't going to Creation, this time... and I made sure to get approval first). Also, I built Qlithu-Sohkth the hard way (there wasn't room in my build to buy her normally... but Sidereal Craft Charms, backed by Heavenly Artificer Understanding, let me grace the Five Score Fellowship with an additional source of insight who'd stay around after my departure).

I used the Universal drawback that lets you start at birth and slowly regain you memory over the years and combined it with the Setting Amnesia drawback as well. Since my in game character was a Bard I spent my time telling the stories of past jumps as I regained the memories.
This way as I told alot of stories to the other Supreme Beings the NPCs could overhear, but I didn't know that at the time. That way the NPCs all adore me as a traveler of worlds and I get an even greater boost in their praise. As for Ainz It was all like I told him. If her didn;t believe me then that was his fault.
In the end I did help rescue the other Supreme Beings and gave Aniz an alt human form so he could have some happy-fun-time with the ladies.

Ned Stark

I like decapitating people with fish

So if I go to Creation via the Gauntlet Mortal Heroes and pic up some stuff there can I go to Pokemon Jump as my first Jump? This question applies to all of Gauntlets really.

I think desolate era is pretty bad, but to be fair a lot of stuff can probably be avoided by going underground, like literally digging your way underground and living as deep down as you possibly can.

Though that seems to work in a lot of places.

Just go to Pokemon whenever you feel like man.

Was a Farfetch in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, knocking folks out with leek is something I just came naturally into.

My new chain I an trying to keep it low. Only two waifus for me. That way the other six can pair up and have their own relationships.

> I don't understand how people can write/manage that many.
I grant all my companions freedom to go do whatever they want for the decade. In my main chain when we got to the Forgotten Realms Everyone just separated on their own adventures. That is until it was time to raid the Demon Webs and attack the drow goddess Lolth.

that's against the rules reee

I made him an actual Kamen Rider using a Lost Memory Driver and the Hero Gaia Memory.

Dude was amazing.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Yes, you can always go to Pokemon as your first jump, that's the standard. Are you asking if Gauntlets don't count as jumps, so you could do them first and have a higher than expected level of power for Pokemon?

You reee like a little girl or Frenchman.

Yes that. In my case I wanted to do something like the Unicorn Gauntlet or Mortal Heroes and then head to Pokemon with stuff unique to me, for story reasons, however I am a stickler for rules so I wondered if this would work.

One of my jumpers has taken to using an actual french revolution guillotine as their main weapon. They carry it everywhere on their back and can put a person in it in 10 seconds.

It's fun.

>Frenchman

Brutal

>There are people in this thread that dont kill with Math

huh, i gave krillin the limit break ability and regeneration too.
I can't stand settings where humans are surpassed by aliens

HFY!

Then no, Gauntlets are still jumps. If this really bothers you, just houserule that you can do Pokemon whenever you want. It's not that important a rule to keep.

I've been half-tempted to pick Robespierre as my Servant in Fate Zero, just to troll all these kings. A guillotine can count as a Saber, right?

Fuck off Build I have vidyagames.

Ugh. Is it wrong of me that I've been turned off of Build entirely just by how ugly the actor playing Sento is? Well, actually, "ugly" is the wrong word. He's just always got his face in these weird squinty expressions that makes me want to punch him. It's awful.

Thanks for the Van Helsing one. I didn't know about it.

My three longest stories are for Overlord (series), Forgotten Realms, and Ravenloft. Damn I hated Ravenloft and the Unwanted Harem drawback. It made my like hell for a decade.

on whom is the invincibility quirk in the boku no hero academia jump based on?

Wouldn't Fate/GO and Pokemon be about summoning minions instead of gaining Servant/Pokemon Powers?

>become a demiservant with Gilgamesh as the spirit
>take the Gilgamesh drawback in Kaleid Liner

I think you are still right. Even with a long list of mundane skills, if I had to go through that stuff powerless I would die.

It appears to be missing from the drive....

There are easier ways to end your chain, user.

Ribbons.

They're more or less an obligatory weird weapon pick, since I mastered Sapphire Veil of Passion style. They come out whenever I feel like fighting in an especially flashy way... or when I specifically want the fight to end with my opponent under especially serious mind control.

I've been considering learning Silver-Voiced Nightengale Style, so I can use Weapon-Tuning Resonance to make awesome musical instrument weapons... but as I don't have any notable sound-based powers I really can't justify the training time, as I'd basically only be using it for trolling purposes. I've still got that one filed under 'someday'.

Your Demiservant Gilgamesh won't be fighting you, though?

The Gilgamesh Class Card is doing it.

This is one extreme way to die, son.

Shakugan no Shana Jump when?

No, really, I thought we had one

Yes.
Make them show up at the king's meeting just to piss them off.

Umm, I actually do? Considering that I built an analytical magitech engineer Jumper, and took magics that have to do with writing and languages on top of perks that help translate magic into technology AND grabbing DxD-style Magic (Runic of course) which is canonically like math along with Heavenly Body Magic from Fairy Tale.

I'm pretty sure that I've gotten to the point where I can have someone be literally shot from the Earth's surface to the moon because as far as reality is concerned, Moon's Gravity Well is the only one that exists, and fall towards it at a pretty good clip.

He won't get any attention at least not while you're there, because it'll just seem like a normal biologically-based Quirk until several decades later. And Ultimate Lifeform provides enough control over your biology and abilities that he'll only get attention if he wants it, especially considering TUL comes bundled with absurd levels of intelligence.

The entire SOS Brigade (5), Tohsaka Rin (6), some flavor of Saber (7) and an R2 unit (8)

you fucker just reminded me about that horrible action man tv show
That fucker solved all of his problems with math and sick stunts
youtube.com/watch?v=_a9rsfap-gQ

Take Gil (Caster), Young Gil (Archer) and Install Gil's class card. Go to the fifth war and say hello at the Church.

Frozen

>Arendelle
>17 years old
Teenager again which makes marginally less sense given...

>Nonhuman
I'm a bird! And part of the longstanding disney tradition of talking birds. I went robin as it's christmasy and I thought a tiny bird throwing around boulders is sort of funny. Particularly one that owns a castle on top of a mountain.

>Singing
Tweet tweet.

>Element Queen - Earth 500
But the queen is a dude and the dude is a bird. Decided to go Earth as moving earth on a grand scale is slightly ridiculous and I should be able to knock together buildings, walls and castles stupidly quickly. That and causing sinkholes under enemies and your basic rock chucking.

>Talking Up a Storm
Is a perk I think I've already got in some form or another but the price is right.

>Memories of a Better Time 600
Makes me cute and was really a last 100 CP type of decision. Still it's a very nice perk for the cost.

>Lute 650
To prevent a 50 CP overhang I got a lute. This is not the first time I've picked up an instrument in a jump where my basic form could in no way play it.

>Jumpies
Little guys who look like me and try to help me out despite being idiots. Not sure if they'll always look like little robins or shapeshift when I do or what I'd even prefer out of those two ideas.

>Mount Ice 950
Took this mostly for the buff to weather/elemental powers when up there as I do have a lot of both of those things. It's a bit of a pisser to explain to people or justify in certain jumps though as not a lot of people own mountains/castles. My castle won't be as magical looking as an ice or fire one but at least other people can come visit without freezing/burning their balls off.

>Import 1000
>Ramona: Royal, 20 years old, Do You Want to Build a Snowman, Sisterhood 100, Element Queen - Ice 600
Meanwhile my companion gets imported as I guess the middle sister of the royal family. She's also an Element Queen and is basically a cut-price Elsa She also totally ruins the plot thinking about it.

Hmm, that's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Plus, Deku himself is already pretty smart, he'd know to hide the big abilities that would earn everyone's attention unless they're needed. Thanks for that perspective, user.

>Not also being a Demi-servant of Gil
0/10

Alien, since you're stuck on a ship with Xenomorphs and all your powers are locked away (iirc).

>check it out
>dial it in
>amp it up

that's incredibly gay

youtube.com/watch?v=rY5vEl0emsQ

>Not having a companion build made of Gils and then demiservanting yourself with Enkidu

Speaking from personal experience, Pokemon should be done as your first jump, or not at all. If you wind up heading into Pokemon a couple dozen jumps in, with a full stable of companions who are already Jedi Battlemage Cultivators... the world feels like it has little to offer, and you'll find that any Pokemon you get wind up being mildly interesting pets instead of amazing and vital allies.

Essentially, if you want your Companions to mostly be Pokemon Gijinka, do Pokemon first, and enjoy the benefits of a lifelong bond with the most trustworthy allies you can find anywhere.

If you'd rather accumulate a ragtag band of random characters, selected haphazardly from across the multiverse, don't do Pokemon at all, and accept the fact that your diverse collection of allies will not meaningfully include Pokemon.

Wow user, I didn't know you wanted to be spitroasted.

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1459/19/1459197609924.pdf

apparently still WIP?

Occasionally.
I taught Neville Longbottom kung fu.

>you'll find that any Pokemon you get wind up being mildly interesting pets instead of amazing and vital allies
As they should be. People who romanticize the relationship they have with their Pokemon are scum.

Ahhh. That makes sense, but it looks fairly good.

How WOULD Gil even feel about being in a situation like that? Angry? Amused?

He might see the jumper as a pet project that he intends to make a proper king or something.

>not wanting to meet with your best friends, in a world you must defend

Bestow-able powers/abilities
>Star Wars: KotOR/Clone Wars/OT (The Force, Cybernetics.)
>Worm (Shard powers.)
>Generator Rex (Nanites.)
>Teen Titans (Mutagens, Cybernetics.)
>X-Men (X-gene Mutations.)
>XCOM (Psionics, Genemods, Cybernetics.)
>Animorphs (Morphing.)
>Killing Bites (Brute Hybrid Surgery)
>F.E.A.R (Psionics.)
>Resident Evil (Viruses.)
>Naruto (Chakra.)
>JoJo's Bizaar Adventure (Stands, Vampirism, Hamon, Spin.)
>MCU (Super Soldier Serum, Extremis Formula, Power Armor.)
>RWBY (Aura, Cybernetics.)
>Sims (Vampirism, Lycanthropy, Magic, Human/Plant Hybridization.)
>Full Metal Alchemist (Alchemy, Human/Chimera Hybridization, Homunculi Augmentations.)
>Geneforge (Shaping, Canisters, Magic, The Geneforge.)
>A Certain Scientific Railgun (Esper Abilities.)
>Bloody Roar (Zoanthrope Hybrid surgery.)
>Terra Formers (Mosaic-Organ Hybrid Surgery)
>Bloodborne (Supernatural Blood.)
>Half-Life (Vortessence.)
>Bioshock (Plasmids, Tonics.)
>Bioshock Infinite (Vigors.)
>The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (Magic, Lycanthropy, Vampirism.)
>Avatar: The Last Airbender (Bending.)
>Franken Fran (Powers via Surgery.)
>Pacific Rim (Kaiju Hybridization Mutagen.)
>DC [DCAU setting] (Power Armor, Mutagens.)
>Hellsing (Vampirism.)
>Van Helsing (Infectious monster forms.)
>Assassin's Creed (Supernatural Blood.)
>Medaka Box (Flask Plan Powers.)
>Iji (Nanites)
>Underworld (Werewolf, Vampire and Immortal Viruses.)
>GUNNM (Nanites, Cybernetics, Mutagens.)
>Deus Ex/Human Revolution (Nanites, Cybernetics.)
>Ghost in the Shell (Cybernetics.)
>Halo (SPARTAN Augmentations.)
>Final Fantasy 6 (Magic.)
>Final Fantasy 8 (Magic.)
>Kim Possible (Nanites, Power Armor, Mutatgens.)
>Marvel (Extremis Nanites, The Techno-Organic Virus, The Venom Symbiote, Iron Man's Armors, Radioactive Spiders, Gamma Radiation.)
part 1 of 2

>jumpers doing anything but going full degenerate mode

You are like little baby.

That's pretty cool actually. Did it change anything? Did it boost his self-confidence?

>Young Justice (Martian Blood, Mutagens, Reach Scarabs.)
>Ben 10 (The Omnitrix.)
>Tower of God (Shinsoo)
>/CoCo (STANDS STYLES MELODY and MODES)
>Metroid (Power Armor, Genetic Modification)
>Innistrad (Angels, Artifacts, Stories, Vampireism, Mad Science, Demon Pacts, and Lycantropy)
>GHQ (Fullbringer, The Fifth Step, and Spirit Fruit)
>Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (Linker Core Potion)
>D&D 3.5 Setttings (Teachable Magic System)
>Hyperdimension Neptunia (Item that allows others to use Neptunia Magic)
>Anima (Ki)
>GURPS (Magic)
>Luther Strode (The Hercules Method)
Part 2 of 2

Fuck me with a pitchfork.

Huh? No, I didn't mean "romanticize" in the sense that they're romancing the Pokemon. Though that's awful, too. I just mean people treating Pokemon like they deserve the same moral consideration and respect as humans do is just the stupidest shit.

What are you even trying to do? Here read this.

Throw it all in a blender and cackle madly.

user, several Pokemon are outright more intelligent than supercomputers, never mind humans. It's best to treat even captured ones with respect - that Pokeball isn't mind control and it won't stop them from frying an abusive Trainer's brain.

>being this boring

Pretty sure there's plenty of canon examples of exactly what you are describing happening anyways.

also

Resident Evil: If you use the virus supplement you can create a virus giving massively enhanced strength/speed and a healing factor that can grow back limbs in minutes.
Killer Instinct: Lycanthropy Potion can give someone one of your altforms.
The Mighty Boosh: Shaman Juice can give telekinesis and improved magical ability.
Half Life: You may give people the ability to use Vortessence.
Bioshock: Vigors.
Dark Souls: You can give people pyromancy.
JoJo: The Arrowhead can give people stands. Hamon can also be taught.
Animorphs: Morphing Cube.
Okami: You can give people the ability to use your brush technique.
Elder Scrolls: Magic can be taught if you get the perk.
Magicka: The Grand Tome of Magick can give people the ability to us Magicka magic.
Wakfu: Has a thing that grants your followers one ten thousandth of your full power.

Cauldron vials from Worm
Bioengineering from Teen Titans
Captain Planet has Blank Rings
Dream Team from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Aura Booster from RWBY
Imaginary Friend: "Drink milk!" to boost speed, strength, stamina, dexterity or durability
Grimoire from Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? gives a personalized spell to anyone who reads it
Numerologic Sorcerous Tutelage (Exalted Sidereals) can
"teach whatever magic system you know to anyone, limited only by their understanding of mathematics"
Perfected Lotus Cultivating Gardener (also Exalted Sidereals) does the same for
supernatural martial arts