Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1720: Kuvira Did Nothing Wrong Besides The Giant Robot Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lMsyEOLtLAY
youtube.com/watch?v=PSZy6lGgOcI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do you think people are flinging around accusations of "You don't belong here anymore, get out"?

Shit's changed, rapidly.

She did create a dictatorship and reeducation camps.

I personally think he's just being weird. More people than not are arguing against the LoK thing from an intra jump perspective.

Yeah, I saw the people she went after. I'm unconvinced that was actually wrong.

Intra jump was always the reason it wasn't offered, Avatar mode has never been that strong even way back since we had stuff like One Piece or Naruto.

What jumps offer some nice space ships?

Don't be a shit to content creators.

Everyone have some chill music.

youtube.com/watch?v=lMsyEOLtLAY

I'm fond of Tenchi Muyo, just because tree ships look so comfy. The fact that they're also incredibly powerful is just a nice bonus.

How about the content creators be worth it first.

It's not worth being nice to shitty makers.

I like the Gummi Ship. Nice and snug.

It was kind of inevitable, really. There was never any reason besides personal preference and inter-jump balance. Setting aside how completely arbitrary they were, there was never an actual rule written anywhere to deny high-powered settings. Add to that no one really knew what they were talking about with the "limits" (setting them way lower than jumps we already had on the drive), and have a few people leave and it's really no surprise. And of course we had intelligence perks and sci-fi jumps that can easily make higher-cost shit and allow easier solutions, so people just raised the bar on non-intelligence perks.

Real space pirates build their own ship. With blackjack and space hookers

>It's not worth being nice to shitty makers.
I guess I don't have a reason to be nice to your parents

No space blackjack? I remember Mass Effect had that, it was transparently obvious they were trying to dress up the minigame just by using a different name.

Whoa damn.

>being rude to the people giving you free stuff and letting you stay in the thread they're keeping alive
>spitting on their hospitality in this manner

Besides, if you bully a man into putting down his pen, he will never write anything you will like, for he will see no purpose in the act of writing.

So, where can I find a dragon that will eventually grow larger than a mountain or a planet? I'm running a dragonrider chain and want a dragon that gets larger the older it is and doesn't stop until it can fight battleships.

I got nothin'.

That was fucking good.

Wasn't that one of the games at Flux?

I personally like FTL's space ships. They're not the most advanced things around, but they've got a TON of cool subsystems and drone systems that are neat. Grimderp as is it, Warhammer 40K has some nice systems, weapons, and shields to plunder. But I wouldn't keep their ships.

First class burn user.
youtube.com/watch?v=PSZy6lGgOcI

I'm pretty sure Spyro Dragons just keep getting bigger. The BBEG is apparently a dragon the size of a mountain.

The 13th amendment makes it illegal to own a nigga like this.

Hello travelers,
Tell me of your feels and the situations that have brought these weights upon your soul.

I'm feelin' a little hungry right now. I skipped lunch.

Stellaris. The Ether Drake is fucking huge, and you can get an egg. Though it is adapted for space and therefore can't really walk around on a planet.

I like the Spittle Runner, from Invader Zim.
It's very small, like, car-sized, with a cockpit and a place for snack storage and like nothing else, but that doesn't really matter when you can just install a hatch to connect to your warehouse in there. And if you're like me, and picked the Portal option, you don't even need that.

Anyway, aside from being a spaceship, it's also small enough that it makes for a pretty handy car and/or mini-mech, if you want to mod it. It's like my very own interstellar Wily Saucer.

I watched the first season out of excitement and hype because of how good TLAB was. I kept up with it after that out of morbid curiosity and because I browse /co/ anyway.

He's not that huge, but he is pretty big. I'd say like...maybe Smaug-sized? That being said, he more then makes up for it in power. It took a mountain being dropped on him by the most powerful dragons in the world to kill him, and even then his death turned the entire place into a hellscape. And then, to make sure he didn't cause any chaos, they sealed his soul away in another dimension. This still didn't stop him, and he was able to convince a race of apes to join him and serve him, as well as corrupt a hatchling and turn her into a monstrously powerful, huge adult dragoness. And after he was revived, he was able to summon a golem that could destroy the entire planet, with him hinting that he could somehow survive the planet shattering and then create a new world in his own image.

Herculeanon, Coiling Dragon when?

All the pic links at the bottom of this page are of girls with tiggole bitties and tempt me to go to the yellow pages.

I...I'm a weak man.

Adds are based on search history user.

I have work to do that I should do now and get out of the way, but I'm probably going to procrastinate and do stuff here, than do my work later.

Why not just grab a traditional dragon and build it a Gundam-style mecha suit to operate in space? Then you can ride on it's back in your own mecha suit. You don't necessarily have to go bigger to get more firepower.

Of course, there's always Dragonlance. Epic Dragons can keep growing larger pretty much endlessly. But I hate recommending Dungeons and Dragons for everything.

He already mentioned that he's a weak man.

Lies all I have are links to feed people in africa.

We've always had jumps like Final Fantasy and D&D. The power levels have always been there for people who knew their settings. The old justification to ban jumps/things from jumps used to be "it'll trivialize the rest of the chain"... But that's how things were already. There were already several jumps that could trivialize everything after them, so there didn't seem to be much reason to keep those restrictions. Ironically, one of the most obvious ways to avoid trivializing everything was to make jumps for higher and higher power settings where you'd still be threatened even if you were fairly powerful. Really, the ban on stronger settings seemed to be kneejerk reactions by people who 1) preferred lower-level settings and 2) didn't know what kind of power was already available.

Reminder that Smaug is a bite-sized baby for a LoTR dragon. Acalagon crushed a fucking mountain range when he was felled.

Like I said, I'm a weak man.

How goes the WoW Jump?

Works progressing steadily since I actually cracked down on revamping it. Last perkline should be done tonight or tomorrow. It kind of took the backburner for a few months.

I'll drop at least the main perklines in thread tonight/tomorrow. Probably have undiscounted and Four Supreme Warrior Clans stuff after that.

Oh also: Ancalagon was only a baby himself. He was meant to grow larger and stronger.

He was literally a dragon decided to fell gods. Okay, angels, but these are continent-busting angels.

Thank you.

Got my desktop, laptop, and smartphone set up. Let the trolling begin.

I think the ban on stronger settings existed solely because that's how Quicksilver originally envisioned Jumpchain. I hate to rag on the guy more, but he intentionally kept the power levels of his Jumps low, probably because he didn't intend for anyone else to make Jumps, and was going to just make Jumps around similar levels of power, to prevent their from being an objective best order in which to take Jumps.

Oh, hey, question about Greek Myth:

If you purchase A Lion's Pelt as a Demigod Hero, would it be okay to wank that you got it from something you killed?

Can we not have this discussion again? Please?

Sounds fine to me.

Link to the last time we had it, for those of us who seek Enlightenment?

I didn't really intend on commenting much besides my one post.

There is no enlightenment to be found here.

There is only salt.

Why not, Hercules did it.

I remember he had to use a club because the lion's pelt could stop a blade. But then how did he he skin it?

But he did let other people make jumps? I don't recall him ever saying otherwise.

He pulled it off.

With it's own claws

Sometimes the best way to understand the truth or necessity of something is to sink as far as possible without it.

He did, and that exact moment's when he lost control over it.

>but he intentionally kept the power levels of his Jumps low, probably because he didn't intend for anyone else to make Jumps

And for that we were forced to cast Quicksilver down as Zeus did with Cronos.

Yeah he did let other people make Jumps, but I very much doubt that was his original intention. The first few Jumps were similar to his own, maintain a similar style and power level, but other people kept releasing Jumps that were further from his own, and he likely didn't want to say no and invalidate the works others had done.

Limits are pretty much totally gone once Dies Irae comes out since you can become a Hadou in chain now. Why did Val change it so that you could do it in chain anyway?

While Avatar is still fresh in people's minds, how do we get Energybending?

Aight, thanks.

From the inside out. Its pelt is unpiercable, but the meat isn't. Just find an orifice and start scooping.

Probably same way as Aang learned it. Find the lion turtle & convince it.

There

Hello, it's overpowered eevee user again.

Would this perk from Evo search for eden -

>Review of Evolution (400cp, Discount Benefactor): Once a month you may at no cost revert to an evolutionary form in your Record of Evolution, a change which may last up to one week . You will for all effective purposes have returned to that form, and will not retain any changes you've gone through since then. Alternatively you may permanently revert, restoring yourself to a prior form at no cost.

- Possibly combined with this one -

>Evolutionary Divergence (600cp, Discount Benefactor): Natural life has diverged along many different evolutionary lines, and you've acquired the same trick, at least in your own way. Instead of having just one form, you technically have five that you can switch between at will. EVO is gained by these forms equally, meaning you get to evolve all five at an equal rate with no additional effort, although you cannot share their pools between them in anyway. At any point you may copy one of your forms over to fill any of the other slots, letting you start to diverge them from that point onwards normally.

- make me able to devolve into an Eevee from one of it's Eeveelutions, and then have the qualities of all of them via Not My Final Form (SAO)?

Actually, it's doubted that the pelt he wears is that lion. Most believe it's the pelt of the lion he killed when he was 18.

>Why did Val change it so that you could do it in chain anyway?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't ask me. Though I suspect there'll be a bit of "it's not actually as powerful as it sounds" or "they didn't really do those things". Either that, or it might just be disallowed. It's still at least a couple weeks off, maybe a couple months, and that wasn't even a true ruling. Plenty of time for things to change.

>Swarthy ladies

Who's the chocolate elf?

Also, yes. Percy Jackson wasn't entirely true to the mythology. You may gasp now.

What's your traditional outfit, or at least the one that's iconic to you, Jumper?

Eventually it'll be the Heir of Light hoodie, but I have to get there first.

One universal constant of my chains is a blue jacket in modern settings coupled with a red scarf. Outside of that, usually the poncho from Generic Western.

Princess Alura from Voltron

The Netflix one

That's Princess Allura from Voltron reboot.

Decent pair of boots, jeans, tshirt of the day, and an olive green military jacket.

In the World of Cultivation jump, can the Holy Mo Forging Pool fuse additional forms to an item that has already been used with the pool, assuming that it still has under ten forms?

I think it would. Seems to fit within the purview of those perks.

OH SHIT. FORGOT TO SAY MJOLNIR NECKLACE. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.

Currently, the Demon Armor dyed white that I picked up from Bastard! Probably going to be a white business suit when I hit the more modern day jumps.

I got tired of copping shit for increasing power when I felt like I was one of the few that tried to keep it from going beyond a set level in the chain and others just happily flounced by without even getting remarked at for the power offered in their stuff, at least not until well after it was posted or to a level that made no difference. That and things like finding out how many other jumps, recent and old, went beyond the limits I was trying to stick to, I just stopped caring about it and resolved to just balance it internally for stuff like Dies or Demonbane.

>Limits are pretty much totally gone once Dies Irae comes out since you can become a Hadou in chain now.

Never saw the appeal of powerbuffing. To me it's like turning on god mod in a FPS, there's no longer a challenge, you just clear an area and move on.

That was Q's problem in TNG, when you can snap your fingers and do anything you get bored.

Supercasual Godspeed.

This, only the dragon/demon motif is replaced by monkeys.
I'm pretty much a cryokinetic Sun Wukong.
But that's only what I wear when I do my thing. Most of the time it's just normal clothes.

Konosuba soon?

I don't really wear the same clothes often enough for them to be considered my "signature look" or whatever. Even my main combat armor has a few varieties/alt-forms, and that's when it's not covered in Glamours.

I wear the skin of my fallen enemies as a meat suit.

Ish. Soonest stuff is probably GO and then GT.

That outfit is begging for someone to give her an atomic wedgie.

Crab Carapace Ghost Parka

Inheritance Cycle
Allegedly they never stop growing, and Eragon and Saphira found a dragon skeleton with ribs bigger than she was, IIRC.
And Shuriken was so big that his wings flapping was audible from miles away.

Yesss, let the edginess flow through you

I find the text for the "The Last Avenger," drawback in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Jump a little confusing. Do you lose all your powers or not?

The whole "power creep" of /jc/ is a whole crock anyways. There's high powered settings and low powered settings. As long as they're balanced internally and represent the property itself, who cares how much power you can get out of a setting? If you don't want it in your Chain, don't Jump it. Hell, people like to bitch about not getting enough power to survive in a setting if you do try to limit things below the setting, so why bother.

TLDR: I'm with you Val. Internally balance Jumps and be done with it.

That's not really an excuse when Toggle and "fiat you can always find a challenge" perks are so prevalent nowadays. And it's more like half-assing some medical research because it'd "take out the challenge" of dealing with and treating horrible shit than turning on god-mode for an FPS. Unless you're of the mind that jumper and companions are the only "real" people, and the rest of the world(s) and heir inhabitants don't actually matter.

Lab coat, T-shirt, slacks, and tennis shoes.