Did you ever play a character who was genuinely fat? Not "stocky", not "girl with big boobs", actually fat. Why/why no

Did you ever play a character who was genuinely fat? Not "stocky", not "girl with big boobs", actually fat. Why/why no

I rolled a orc sorceror on ESO that was pretty chubby (thinking about it now, he was pretty bara)

Well I've played a Hutt in edge of the empire? Does that count?

I once played a fat cook on a pathfinder pirate game. The cook was, in fact, a very capable witch with some bad habits.

I am currently playing a fat teen Fighter in D&D.

Raised on a secluded estate and eternally spoiled by his mother (i.e. overfed), he has spent most of his days reading stories of galant knights and their adventures. Since this is the equivalent of comic books, he is a fantasy variant of a traditional neckbeard. He was also constantly told how great, handsome and smart he is by his mother, so he actually believes that his fat ass can become one of these literary heroes.

Mechanically, it's a regular fighter with most of his points in Constitution (can eat anything and take a lot of beatings). For skills, it's History and Religion from books and Survival because food. I impose some soft penalties to stuff like Stealth, running up stairs or flirting as a result of the fatness and that makes it infinitely less likely for me to try to play him "optimally" as opposed to RPing for the fun of it.

I wholeheartedly recommend playing a genuine fatass. His delusions of grandure lead to stuff the party (hopefully) has fun with, like this hopeless lard hitting on the inkeeper's daughter, challenges to duels in retarded situations and such. My favourite scenario was trying to apply his "knowledge" of local heraldry. A roll of 1 has lead to him attempting to show the patroling guards that we come in peace by doing the equivalent of the nazi salute in Jerusalem.

I don't even allow fat people at my table.

No because I don't want to be a fat enabler at any level

My last Laundry character was a fat nerd called Hugh Friendly (nick: "Sexbox"), whom I mostly used to spout /pol/ conspiracy tropes in a really annoying fashion.

And why? Cause I had fun playing that stereotype and had a lot of material to work with. Being fat was just a convenient way to explain his out-of-shapeness and fit him spending his life in front of a computer though.

As a player, I haven't. 1, I am not fat myself. 2. I don't enjoy playing fat characters. As a GM, I've had one or two fat NPCs.

In a 5e Al-Qadim game I'm in, my Rogue Caravan-Master is fat. No one expects the rotund merchant with a fondness for dancing girls and elven Shisha of having robbed not one, but two lesser caliphs of their greatest treasures.

I made a Dwarf Wizard, high con and int but dump stats otherwise.

Long ago I made a Mage: The Ascension Virtual Adept who was a computer programmer / "reality hacker", he was an overweight man in his 50s. Looked like an IBM company man in a white button up shirt with big thick glasses. He invented the magical metaphysics language NOBOL that could be used to reprogram how local reality worked, but since his ideology was from the early days of software engineering, it worked as a straight-through instructional method so if anything went wrong syntactically it would catastrophically fuck up whatever you were working on.

No because I hate fat people

No, but I helped a buddy of mine build one for an Adventurer's League game at ComicCon. Mechanically, he was a Half-orc Bear Totem Barbarian with his highest score in Constitution. Fluffwise, he was a more literal wall than most meatwalls, lumbering around and using his sheer bulk as one more weapon.

Does a bard based on Ron Jeremy count?

I mean, he's now a spokesman for the Heart Attack Grill, so maybe?

No because I tend to play characters I can sympathize with on at least some level.

My character The Pale Moon was a 600lbs almost spherical powerful nudist mage who had constant overland flight.

It's hard to adventure and stay out of shape entirely, one or the other is going to give.

No because I'm a permaGM

for a couple sessions I played a tall, fat Eldritch Knight Conjurer. He wore fine clothes from foreign lands, and fought with a glaive. Most of the party was martial so he was the resident spooky nerd guy. He was a sage with an attraction to the exotic nature of forbidden lore. He was chaotic good, unprincipled but ultimately altruistic.

So the fatness was mostly for the aesthetic of a large, imposing mound with a pole-arm sticking out.
In game justification is that he's a hedonist, he likes to eat rich food and drink massive amount of wine. He also tries to keep on some weight since his combat style is mostly about holding ground while smacking enemies at distance with spells and a sword on a stick stick.

>He's Hedonism-bot with mixed with a sumo wrestler

Reminds me of Jack Black for some reason.

I always wanted to play something like that, but with the personality of pic related.

I played a fat hacker for a game of Spycraft.

Hi troll OP. What's the matter, don't they feed you in middle school?

Street Fighter RPG, Sumo. It was hilarious.

I love this idea.

We ran a series of thieves guild heist adventures using GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. My character was a fat bastard street scum enforcer named Pyke. As pictured

In Savage Worlds there is a hindrance called "obese". It lowers your move speed, but it also raises your toughness. Move speed doesn't really come up that often if you aren't using a map and still isn't that important if you have a ranged weapon. Toughness is super useful on the other hand, reducing damage by an average of one quarter wound per hit (in a system where you can only take 3 wounds).

I've never played edge of empire, but how does that work? Like, do you actively try to stay out of anything that's even remotely fight-like as a hutt? Or are hutts much more agile and durable than I would figure?

Mate, there have been Hutt Jedi, Hutts can handle themselves in a fight. They just choose not to because it's a status thing to never do anything a slave could do for you.

The EU explains a lot of a hutt's mass is actually muscle. It's like the Kingpin in Marvel, they look like fatasses but if they cared to they could exercise a TERRIFYING amount of strength and speed. Their immobility is mostly a cultural choice. It's considered plebeian to move around yourself, that's what servants are for.

Do poor hutts not exist or never leave their homeworld or something?

>Do poor hutts not exist
pretty much this, even incompetent hutts will be able to live in the lap of luxury just my mooching off their more successful family members.

Of course they do. He said it was considered plebian, and in every society there are plebians. Hutts actually enslaved sentient species under their massive slug asses before they even went spacebound, as they shared a home planet with at least two other races.

I rolled a mage with all shitty physical stats once. Rped that he was a fatass who used magic as much as he could. Mage Hand for picking things up that were within arms reach, levitating everywhere ect ect. Was kind of a fun rp.

i mean, for like 10 gold you could buy a carrying chair and two (or even four) slaves/cohorts and put your fat ass wizard/cleric(priest) on top of that

Osrick was an Onispawn Tiefling, so he never really stopped feeling hungry. He didn't stop preparing Goodberry until the party let him take the Cauldron of Plenty. Things got out of hand after that.

My group played a campaign as ourselves, so yeah, I have played a fat character.

I just got done playing Chumps Mackenzie, overweight security officer on a segway.

I play him to be a useless piece of shit.

In Rogue Trader my Navigator failed a mutation roll the first time she got a new power and became fat. Not too bad, really, considering there's a lot worse mutations out there (I later failed another roll and got the "aura of dread" muation, which was far more detrimental since she was supposed to be a Navis Scion, i.e. a diolomat for her house, and getting penalties to fellowship checks made her job harder). Didn't really affect the character too much, other than her being unable to run, and while it diesn't actually affect the character's ability to do so I roleplayed her as disliking any strenuous physical activity like jumping and climbing. Another player's character also tended to tease her a lot about being fat.

Question.
Why is that hutt fighting with a light saber and not a massive beam of metal?
Jedi take forever to cut through thick metal, and in the meantime you can literally crush them into paste.

>Why is that hutt fighting with a light saber
because he's a Hutt jedi?

But a hutt jedi would function better wielding an I-beam than a lightsaber.
Or, better yet, wielding an entire ship's engine like a lightsaber.

Yes.
A long-ass time ago I made an obese dwarf wizard who invented himself a set of mechanical legs.
It was fun, but I'm not proud of him now.

Yes, twice. One was a fat basement dwelling slob who got turned by a half mad Nosferatu. I made him fat because I liked the idea of a sneaky monster that could blend into the shadows even though he was fat. I was spending off-clan dots on Celerity to make him super-fast too. Vampire: Requiem.

The second time was for Unknown Armies. A variant on the Epidermomancer, who had to be constantly gaining weight in order to charge up his spells. His obsession was hearkening back to a time (real or apocryphal) when being fat was a sign of royalty. The well fed had the right to rule, that was Le Roy's assertion.

>The second time was for Unknown Armies. A variant on the Epidermomancer, who had to be constantly gaining weight in order to charge up his spells. His obsession was hearkening back to a time (real or apocryphal) when being fat was a sign of royalty. The well fed had the right to rule, that was Le Roy's assertion.
This is fascinating. Tell me more about this. Charging mechanic? Taboos? Variant spells?

Played a sci-fi medical intern who was kidnapped by the party in the first scene of the game. She was a short Japanese woman, plain Jane, flat as a board, with a poorly fitted glass eye due to a birth defect. It was really noticeable because it would drift to the side while she was talking, distracting the hell out of whoever she was trying to have a conversation with. One of the funner characters I've played.

Damn, you really did your best to make sure people wouldn't wife your character, huh

I played a Face character in Shadowrun once. It was a really fat elf nicknamed Teeth, because all his teeth were replaced with golden crowns. Imagine a stereotypical jew from a Guy Ritchie movie, that was basically him. He once bought a bunch of rabbi Halloween masks for a run (as if I couldn't drive the joke into the ground more), but other people were really annoyed, and we had to wear balaclavas. He ended his career and became a fixer in EU. Was a good run.

Lots of self conscious fat people around.

Fat does not come from just overeating. It's a class issue. It's uneducated mothers unable to provide their children with the habits and proper nourishment they need to be healthy.

More than anything, I would expect fat children cause anxiety and the feeling that the parents have failed their children when they grow up obese into adulthood.

Misunderstood how to randomly roll for character weight in 3.5, ended up as a 300lb housewife who murdered her abusive husband after accidentally going into barbarian rage.