Has any tried reading checking out BBC's new Pidgin language version of their site?

Has any tried reading checking out BBC's new Pidgin language version of their site?

I swear, this is probably the closest I have come to reading undercommon or skaven-speak before.

Any other IRL languages that seem like they might fit in with a fantasy setting.

bbc.com/pidgin

Other urls found in this thread:

sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
miaminewtimes.com/news/myths-over-miami-6393117
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toki_Pona
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Look up the Hawaiian bible. It's in Hawaiin Pidgin and sounds like something from an Ork.

John 3:16
>God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva.

South Carolina fag here, look up the Gullah language

>get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva.

Knowing what I know about Hawaiian slang this can't be an actual quote, can it?

Why would "Get the real kind of life that stays to the maximum forever" not be a real translation of "shall not perish but have eternal life"?

And yes it is real.

"Agriculture wey don rise up small fit dey affected later on by Boko Haram activity; as na dat area we food dey come from. Then power (electricity) must dey, because apart from Abuja, Lagos and Port-Harcourt wey dem say people get money to spend - di other parts of Nigeria dey very poor."

I feel like I'm having a stroke reading this. Is this why Romans got so pissy and wrote all of those "proper latin" references?

Supposedly, the character Quina from Final Fantasy 9 speaks grammatically correct Hawaiian English Creole.

>Is this why Romans got so pissy and wrote all of those "proper latin" references?
You get it

I feel like the centurion in grammar obsessed centurion in Life of Brian

OP here,

I just read my own sentence at the start of this thread.

Don't read too much Pidgin, folks. Apparently it starts to seep into your brain and affect the way the type and talk.

It's like some kind of word virus or something.

And people insist the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis is incorrect.

Just the human capacity for language learning. It's actually pretty wonderful and is why immersion learning works so well.

Makes it awkward when you're in college and you walk straight from a language course to shakespeare and have to switch multiple gears, though.

Memetic word viruses

This is basically how humans are going to write in the next 200 years. It's an absolute shame the amount of "professional" works that contain spelling errors.

>Languages evolve but they shouldn't unless I say so!

.... okay I'm going to find and download a pidgin bible now

Di UN bin call emergency meeting because North Korea refuse to listen to world leaders - dem do stubborn-head, fire their latest and most powerful nuclear bomb on Sunday 3 September, sotay China feel di shake-shake of dis bomb.

This is possibly the best thing.

>evolve
Whatever the fuck this mess is it isn't evolution

sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Scots, its pretty damn close to english

So a Pidgin is when you smash two languages together, a Creole is when you let them mix for a long while, and a full-on Language is when the speakers of it can defeat a European power in a land-war?

Do I have that right?

Evolution isn't targeted, directed or intelligent, it just happens - and even when it is directed you get unintended consequences.

This is a prime example of evolution.

>It's only evolution when I say so!
Prescriptivists, everyone

>it's real
Christ almighty.

>God Tell Abram "Come Be My Guy"
Well, if he asks so nice, I'll be his guy.

>Den God say, “I like light fo shine!” an da light start fo shine.
>God see how good da light. Den he put da light on one side, an da dark on da odda side.
>Da light time, he give um da name “Day time.” Da dark time, he give um da name “Nite time.” So, had da nite time an da day time, az day numba one.

On a somewhat related note I give you street-kid religion

>for the homeless youngsters see themselves as allies of the outgunned yet valiant angels in their battle against shared spiritual adversaries.

>For shelter children, spirits have a unique function: providing war dispatches from the fighting angels. And like demons, once spirits have seen your face, they can always find you.

>"There's a river that runs through Miami. One side, called Bad Streets, the demons took over," Phatt recounts as he sits with four homeless friends in the shelter's playroom, which is decorated with pictures the children have drawn of homes, kittens, and hearts. "The other side the demons call Good Streets. Rich people live by a beach there. They wear diamonds and gold chains when they swim."

miaminewtimes.com/news/myths-over-miami-6393117

Every time god speaks he sounds like a real cool dude to hang out with.

>An God say dis too: “You know wat? I give you guys all da plants all ova da world dat make seed, an all da trees dat make fruits wit da seed inside. Dat fo you guys eat."
>God say, “Day numba seven, dass da bestes day!” He make dat day da spesho day fo him. Cuz dat was da day wen he pau make eryting an no need do moa.
>Da God Yahweh tell da wahine, “Eh! Wat you wen do, huh?!” Da wahine tell um, “Was da snake! Da bugga wen go trick me! Az how come I wen eat da fruit!”

>A translation of something exists
Why is this surprising?

I don't live even remotely close to US, and reading that pidgin bible is quite an experience for me.

doesn't sound any more silly than the KJV desu

As an on and off speaker myself, I've always been tempted to create a culture in one of my games that are native Toki Pona speakers.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toki_Pona

>jan ali li kepeken e toki sama
>all people use same talk

I don't think people that speak pidgin give a shit about things like foreign news.

I can see why translating the Bible would be more important.