>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en route
youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

9th Age Miniatures for Warhammer Fantasy:

tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/

Repostan

Painting a bastilodon as close to the box art as possible because I have no imagination.

How do I get the wavy-fire effect at the tips of the armor plates? Is it some kind of wash, or done freehand?

It's ok. Just a pinprick. Although it went deep it's all good

Think this flag turned out neat

Also trying to make a waaagh banner but It just ain't really feeling right. Might just buy the model

The yellow is freehanded and then blended in with green glazes is my guess.

Careful, user.

Yes Mom

nice

Reposting random wip bone

Good start. What have you done with the flesh so far?

Oh, with how you worded it I thought it might have been worse. Be a bit more careful, user!

Also reposting. Which base color would suit better? The brown or the grey?

Just finished my captain along with 5 tac marines.

Still have a Triple Las pred to wash, a Librarian to paint, 5 sniper scouts and a Tech-marine to paint, and a Ironclad dred to build

Yeah, looks pretty nice.

Propa Snakey.

Brown, but the bases are pretty boring.

Thanks!

Based it with VMC green gray, washed with earth shade (a mistake in retrospect) started layering upto VGC dead flesh then washed with fleshshade and dry brushed highlights with pure dead flesh. Was honestly trying random things to experiment. I think when everything else is highlighted and the face/nails are painted in it will come together well.

Brown sounds good to me then and yeah I'm not really good with basing stuff. I just figured a normal swamp based one would work but what would be good to add to it?

Maybe try an old school back banner?

Started work on my exalted champ and his chosen today, going for that old 80s metal feel.

The Chosen champion with power fist and regular chain.

And lastly Murder Marine

Looking good.

kinda weird proportion-wise but it does make it look rogue trader era

Brother?!

Another Novamarine for me in the works

Getting those straight lines is a paint, but Im slowly getting there.

Dad?

Considered painting tape?

Not him, but IMO tape will just have bleed over due to the uneven texture, and more trouble than its worth to make tiny pieces compared to just practicing the freehand until it comes easily.

Just keep it nice and thin to mark out your line and you'll get the hang of it. Also make sure to check those mold lines - the leg plates in particular are strong on primaris snap fits.

Also- looks like you sprayed a bit too close with your undercoat. I know it can be tricky to get the right range to avoid getting rough texture bullshit with white spray, don't be afraid to slowly build up the undercoat with a few thin bursts that you let dry rather than attempt to get it all at once.

I see. I had never tried but it's good to know about the bleedover

Ever get the feeling you have too many projects?

Its present with the base coat. Its more noticable with the wash. I think maybe my primper isnt even. Witch is causing the uneven paint job and the was coming out patchy.

pic related are the two new I mentioned earlier.

Thin yer paints a bit more, just to be safe. What's the weather like when you prime, and how far away do you hold the can?

>two carnifexes
>40 guants
>20 gargoyles
>2 lictors
And that is just my building backlog.

>quartered scheme

More like considered suicide

yeah, if you can't get a good flat seal around the area, like if there's a stud or a gap or what not, it's pretty hard to ensure the paint won't flow under the gap.

Death will come to the table top this season fellas. (Not my best work)

Have you considered using oil paints or MIG enamels for your weathering? They tend to look less coffee stainey than acrylic washes.

Made a list for mine. Right side is stuff I plan to acquire, left side are things that are either in progress or in line.

Mercifully, a good half of my in progress items are either mid completion or have some significant amount of work done.

I think I'll be able to get to most of these before years end, but we'll see.

Thought about it and saw how much prep was involved. I do love how nice using oil paints looks for weathering but right now i kinda have to stick to what I can

"not my best work" you shut your fucking mouth

Need some opinions on converting a knight to look like the attached image is it worth the time?

You're an ambitious man.

>x1 Marco Rubio

You WIP anons never fail to make me feel good. Thanks man.

Are you gonna basically just furiously smash mortarion and a knight against a ball of greenstuff and see what sticks together?

>Chunky bois
hhe

Never considered that approach, was thinking of turning a knight into a giant hellbrute scythe seemed cool but I think a giant bell might be cooler

You know it, ain't nobody fat shaming my Sculpted Thiccness

Weirdly, this model actually looked much better in high definition on my computer monitor than on my phone. I think what initially threw me was that some of the wash stains appear unlikely? maybe that there's too many of them or that they're in places where liquid wouldn't tend to naturally pool?

I think it would look a bit more like the grimey effect you're going for if some areas more near the top were a bit cleaner, like on the shoulders or the tops of the white armor. Probably impossible to clean now, but I might have concentrated the green goop on the bottom area of the vox vent to simulate it falling out via gravity and running down the chest, rather than hovering inside.

Not sure about the helm, but something looks off to me mostly around the eyes/ just under the top of the helmet lip.

Other than being excessively critical of you, I really like the creepy organic mess you made on the top and out of the side. Just the right about of tentacle, and the lord of contagion icon looks fantastic above the dread. Very nice.

Gotta stay busy, big dog.
>>Marco Rubio
My deathwatch teammate and I snagged Rubio at NOVA to turn into a kill team's librarian. I think he'll look pretty fly.

Thanks man. I wanted the mouth and tongue to be bigger buuut i underestimated the size of the dread. It was late and I just smeared agrax on it, i have no clue how to shade for real and I just like to make things look dirty and the white needed to look old as fuck. Also the goop should dry, it was mixing a bit with the wash, ill take a better pick tomorrow afternoon to see how it all workes out. The head took the worst of the white crylon, caused a chip to form in a bad spot and detail to be fucking filled to hell.

The LoC trophy rack was my favorite part to paint. Id been doing 1 coat balthazar and 2 coats vallejo polished gold, but this took WAY too long and caused a lot of watery accents on smaller metal bits. Retributor gold which i used here works LIKE A DREAM and looks nearly identical to my old stuff

Are there any guides to scratch build/good alternatives for imperial knights? I own one right now and love it and would like a second, but the price is such a dealbreaker.

The gold does look similar right? This was the valejo polished gold

>>Retributor Gold
Such a choice paint.

Oh yeah, about the same.

Man, Ryza Rust really is awesome too. I want more things to be rusty to have an excuse to use it.

It never seems to work for me. I waited until the corrosion was dry but the effect wasnt crusty or even stipply, it just looked orange and kinda shitty, same as on my bloat drone

Back with a minor adjustment of light blue on the base, is it better? Or would it be better if I had some more tangible features. I was thinking of jagged metal or skulls.

Dead grass tufts?

If you paint the base trim a solid colour I think it will look great, just a little distracting atm for my eyes

Dude great eyes. Mine didnt pan out that well at all.

Be generous with the Typhus Corrosion, and shake it well, so you have all the grainy stuff actually in the paint. You should see some of the sand (or whatever is in it) build up a bit of a texture before drybrushing the Ryza Rust.

The only prep is putting a gloss coat down though.

I fucking hate how cool your deathguard is. I've been telling everyone I know that I have yet to see a bad DG or primaris model yet.

Posted just as the new thread was made, only have the arm left to do. Opinions on this dude?

he could always use blue tack to do it instead. just use an exacto knife to cut a clean edge on the side and gently drape it over his model.
I'd paint one of the colors first though.

>Chaos Primaris
>Slaaneshi Chaos Primaris
I already like him.
Do you plan on doing any OSL with the plasma coils?

Aw shit that's true those might look pretty nice on it. Dead grass is the Mordheim Turf right?
Oh yeah for sure! I just wanted to make sure I got a good color going on for the ground. I'll most likely paint the base trim abaddon black or maybe a brown.
Thanks man! I think those eyes are just Evil Sunz Scarlet with a slight center highlight of Wild Riders Red. I usually go with layer paints for those just because I think they stick out more and they're already sorta thin so thinning em a bit more makes it right nice. Only one I ever have a problem with that is Yriel Yellow because fuckin yellow.

Great work!

Just FYI you can buy novamarines decals on chaptercustomizer if you aren't already aware.

Anything is possible, bouncing around a few ideas right now. He's actually my first primaris marine. They are incredibly fun and easy to paint. And with the rumors of chaos primaris coming out, I didn't think it was a bad idea to start an army so I can be ready for the release.

Fuck that looks good. I love the checkers and the pink.

summertime on the gulf coast by swamplands. That should pretty much cover the climate.

I feel like im already thining my paints to much. I do about a 1:1 with distiled water but the catch is that I dont blend the the water in the paint. With the pallet having multiple dimples instead a large flat surface the water is all but put directly on the paint.

Some yellow/dry grass tufts or flock would be good.

Brother, I'm doing Pre-heresy Emperors children with forgeworld heads Primaris as well.

Painted my first Tyranid tonight. I need to finish up the base tomorrow but any advice? I'm quite new to the hobby.

Could use a wash desu. And maybe some highlighting. But looks good enough to put on the table. Although, always try and keep improving on your work.

>Hive Fleet Death Guard

Slow and steady progress on my death guard army. I'm a painfully slow painter but I'm slowly getting through the box

This guy on the top is my girlfriend's first painted model.
>new

Bottom is my bloat drone finished, posted a few wip shots in previous threads. Two solid weeks work.

2/3

Don't you need a matte varnish for oil paints, and a glossy one for washes? Idk

3/3

Bonus 4/3

Pretty happy with the blood splatters, toothbrush flicking

Best way to bend plastic without ruining it? I need to make a curved chainsword for... reasons...

try heating it up with a hairdryer

Time to find a hairdryer to borrow. Thanks user

hair dryer may not be hot enough. A hot air gun would probably work better.
Try looking up what a salt bath it though. Probably the least likely method to melt your bits.

Whats the best way of removing paint from plastic miniatures? Ausfag and a tank is the model I want to strip for what its worth.

How do you think they got this colour, tg?

It's just kind of entered my head after watching Duncan a bit, that for highlighting/layering you maybe want to use a different shade of paint, rather than simply adding white/cream/yellow to the original colour.

I've got a few models like this, basically a solid coat of Wazdakka Red and wash with Agrax. Would Evil Sunz Scarlet be alright for highlighting?

Nice. How is the resin to work with on those?

it's a very erratic and long process that involves non-GW paints

Yes, you can, and sometimes want to use a paint that is in itself a brighter shade to highlight instead of mixing in white or whatever. Purple for example is a very different beast highlighted with magenta compared to mixing in white. Red is also quite sensitive, as it can somewhat easily end up pink or orange, things we think of as different colours, insetad of simply a brighter red.

>Red

Post reds, I'll start.

>Red Fabric/Leather, best for Commissars and cloaks and so on.
>Base VMC782 Cavalry Brown
>Wash Vallejo Wash 203 Umber Shade
>Block Highlights VMC782 Cavalry Brown
>Optional Mid Range Highlights VMC926 Red
>Top Layer Highlights VMA003 Scarlet (or VMC817 Scarlet, but it doesn't pop as much and is a bitch to thin consistently)

Right now I have the following to paint.
>30 conscripts
>5 guardsmen
>An old Leman Russ BT
>All of the Dark Imperium Primaris, -5 intercessors and an Lt
>13 CSMs
>Two dozen or so old metal SoBs + Inquisition types

And that's with the non-Cawl bits of the Triumvirate of the Imperium waiting to be built and painted.

I've told myself I'm not going to buy anything else, but it's only a few months till Necromunda and I've been pining after Sector Mechancius terrain for months as it is.

If that's her first effort then she was born to hobby.

Excellent work all around. The flesh on the drone is particularly good.

Ive had good results with a flat iron hair straightener. Put it on a paper towel

I'm looking to replace the intelligent midget thing on the back of my Stormfiends with a chunk of Warpstone. I've got some actual stones of roughly the right shape and size to fit in his place, but I'm wondering what the best way of attaching it to the frame would be.

I've done a quick bit of searching and the general thing seems to be to just superglue it on, but none of the info I found used the same kind of plastic as GW miniatures. Would it still work, or is something else needed and/or a better way of doing it?