Connected to DantesInferno...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Penumbra_Light_Show.trid
>Best_Liver_Replacements.zdf
>Fantastic_Dealers_And_Where_To_Find_Them.knwsft
>Flashmob_On_Manadyne_Property_Causes_3m¥_Damage.news

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 696 (88% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Do NOT let this motherfucker burn'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Friends.BTL...

>Smile broadly
>Consume drugs
>Do not challenge trolls to drinking games
>And never, ever cut a rug with a dragon

Party Time!
You survived the run with most of your limbs, none of your chummers died, and you even flipped a few 'misplaced goods' for some sweet cash. Now it's time to get out of the flat and celebrate. What's your town, and how do you paint it red?

>Now it's time to get out of the flat and celebrate
That never happens. It's just passing out and then a cut to the next mission.

>no downtime session

I don't understand why people do this. You might as well be playing a board game at that point.

>get paid for run
>blow money on explosives for next run
>repeat till I'm dead
the run is the party brother

why else would I bring party favors?

One of the more prominent locales of my previous games was a Seattle stripclub named The Purple Room. It always seemed to be the focal point where plot happened.

>What's your town
The Redmond Barrens
>how do you paint it red?
Track down the nearest gang and pick them off one by one until the last one is hiding out in a closet, cowering in fear. Either that or challenge my Muay Thai master to a no holds barred adept fight.

Reminder that the Metropole supplement was posted at the end of the last thread.

Reminder that Metropole is the work of a dragon and the trustworthy dragons image was posted at the end of the last thread.

>These anons will never know the joy of having your team go out an get wasted on cheap synthahol at the local karaoke bar after a successful run.
FeelsBadMan.trid

The NEET life has taught me that I can do anything I wanna do but after a relaxing night of sleep, because like a shadowrunner I have no retarded schedule that plans for fun time only when you're at your most tired and at the constant exchange of awakeness the next day for 5 more minutes of fun.

So after a run I'd sleep and heal until I'm feeling awake and in the mood for partying, and then go for it.

Because Shadowrun is largely played by faggots who make edgelord characters whose idea of fun is brooding in their squatter hidey-hole while sharpening their ammo and making hand-loaded ammo, who only seem to enjoy themselves when they are teleporting behind corpsecs to execute them, and whose personality is about as nonexistent as their Essence score.

The next morning starts with the ultra-shallow italian-american fuckboy getting turned down by the party mage (yes, every time). While the Sun's up in Detroit, Paulie plays online vidya with the decker, where they go out of their way to shit on little kids.

Once the Sun goes down, Mister DiGiorno becomes the embodiment of Dionysus, amped
on bliss, and hits a nightclub with his elven looks and tailored pheromones, where he proceeds to turn things into an orgy.

I guess he never got enough affection as a child or something, desperately filling the VOID.

>sharpening their ammo

Fuck it, I'm standing by this typo.

>desperately filling the VOID.

that was a typo?

I didn't even realize it was a typo. It seemed like a thing the edgiest of edgelords would do.

Bow users ITT

'Nothing personal, omae' *Unsheaths whittled down 9mm*

perfect.

What would you do if someone showed up to your session and handed in a sheet, and on that sheet his only weapon was 'Unarmed' with 26p

I'd have him explain to me how he did it, but if its legit then I'd go for it. Though it's strange that he picked up so much DV but no AP when there's a buncha AP sources.

14 Str
4 Critical Strike ranks
Bone Density/etc
Assorted Martial Arts
that gets you to 20p there, so I mean...

>4 Critical Strike ranks
Let me stop you right there, senpai.

Also if you can show me these DV increasing martial arts, go ahead.

user.
4e.

Well maybe you should've mentioned that in your post, then.

user, Unless someone says otherwise they mean 4e around here.

Oh is that why the 5e chummer link is in the OP.

Hahahah. Good joke.

>Making custom handloads for your amazing custom smartgun isn't fun.
user pls.

By the way, can you make hand loaded ammo in Chummer5 yet?

Not yet; there's a ghetto way you can do it with custom data files, but I wasn't very happy with that implementation. It's on the docket for after I finish with shapeshifters.

Johnny B Goode sneaks into the corp estate of his qt, KandyKiss, steals her away to a nightclub for some romance & dancing. A few drinks & a casting of Opium Den later while relaxing, maybe some good old fashioned back scratching sex & then its back to the estates cause she has uni in the morning.

Of he cant see her then its a quiet night playing AR poker with the old gang he still hangs with & a few cheap beers.

What is he simplist house rule to unfuck alchemy? I really want to play a magical batman type, who always has a fuck ton of gadgets he has prepped.

Sure, if we were in 2014. 5e now has enough stuff to be playable, well as playable as Shadowrun ever is.

Make Vaults of the Ages portable and available, or make shit just not decay that quickly so you can maybe make shit the day before the run and it will still be good.

I'm always conflicted when making a decker what I should go with for primary weapon.

Arm of God with an SMG or Machine Pistol is generally considered the best right? How do sawn off shotguns or heavy pistols compare?

Hey, where do I find flaming bullets?
I need to alternate fire, electricity, gel, and screwdrivers in my ammunition.

>user, Unless someone says otherwise they mean 4e around here.
No. No, they don't.

>Arm of God with an SMG or Machine Pistol is generally considered the best right?
Yeah, more as a Suppressive Fire tool than to actually shoot people, though a Fully Auto attack from a Steyr TMP ain't nothing to fuck with.

>How do sawn off shotguns or heavy pistols compare?
Poorly. Sawing a shotgun off reduces its damage - the only really selling point of a shotgun - and heavy pistols only slightly edge out a TMP in damage, which was never the point in the first place.

If you're going with Pistols pick up a Fichetti Security light pistol for easy concealability and massive stacks of ammo, and if you're going with Longarms you'll want an assault shotgun, not a sawn-off.

I for one sharpen my EX-Explosive rounds for that sharp sting of death before that explosive sting of death

Flare ammo in Run&Gun.

Tracer Rounds can set stuff on fire

There's called shot rules for this in R&G

>not sharpening your rounds for that sweet, sweet increase in aerodynamic behaviour
see, this is why I'm a Prime Runner and you are just Street Scum

Gun Bunny Adept Vs StreetSam

Pro & Cons?

Is a Cyberskull included in calculating your Strength/Ability averages? What about a Partial Cyberskull?

Tl;DR: Adept is better at shooting things dead immediately, Street Sam is better at taking hits and going the distance.

The Adept is going to have better Initiative out of chargen and better dice pools long term.

The Samurai is going to be able to tank through fights that would shred the Adept and have more side utilities to fall back on.

Technically, it's all cyberlimbs. Skull and torso are cyberlimbs, but also ... explicitly not.

...is that a 'yes' or a 'no?'

What's the largest laser weapon that a maximum-Bulk Cyberskull can install?

it depends on what your GM uses
possible combinations are
>limbs, torso, head
>limbs, head
>limbs, torso
>limbs
first three are the ones supported by the CGL version. There's a Krautrule which allows you to use your cyberlimbs for calculating limits of you have all of them as cyberlimbs

> There's a Krautrule which allows you to use your cyberlimbs for calculating limits of you have all of them as cyberlimbs
Which makes sense, since you basically became a full conversion cyborg.

Well yeah, without a decent supportframe, you'd tear of the tricked out cyberlimbs the first time you lift something heavy. You don't just cut of an arm and bolt on some metal doongle, your back and shoulder need to be reinforced..
Torso and head are just good for more protection.
Some people also put smuggeling compartments in there, because nothing is as stealthy and unasuming as some 400 pound killing maching walking up to a customs officer.

Just tested it in Chummer with sum to ten.
Four Maximum customized cyberlimbs, Torso and partial cyberskull aren't customized because money.
Also synaptic booster Rating 2 so he isn't a copmplete tool.
Now he has like a half point off essence and 16K nuyen.
Doens't seem too OP, sure good Attributes and skills, but not many means to put those into work at the beginning.
but i think i can hear rules of nature running in the background

If i'd play the guy, the first thing i'd do would be walking into a bar and telling some chump "Gief me your glodz, your boots and your modorcycle."

Also looks like a very beginner friendly build. You have a charakter whit like 15 health and a broad basis that has a quite large tolerance for mistakes.
Just hand him a good cyberdoc contact so he can mix and match his quipment.

>criminal with a heart of gold, taking a girl to the wild side but making sure she doesn't ruin her life with it

Why does this make my panties so moist

I want to run a street level game of Shadowrun. What are some things I should avoid in running a low level game?

first of all you shouldn't use the Street Level rules since they significantly favor awakened and emerged
Use Street Scum Rules instead

Speaking as someone whose group plays 4e, no. Whenever I have questions I always specify.

Use Street Scum rules instead, or just like...Sum to 8 with no A priorities.

what I enjoy doing is going troll+biocomp+adapsin +4 used cyberlimbs
Now throw redliner and skimmers in the mix
So there you have giant troll coming your way at around 80 km/h with combat axe in his hands
But at this point muscle aug 4 is better choice or even muscle replacement 4

Because it's a bad boy who's showing that he really does care about you and not just the idea of you.

Is Street Scum rules in the main book?

In Run Faster, I believe

Yes. CRB p354. Sum to 10 is in Run Faster, but it's easy enough to explain. You assign numbers to priorities. E=0, D=1, C=2. B=3, A=4, Altogether they add up to 10, but it's more flexibile than Priority as you can have two priorities at A, and two D or one C and so on.

Sum to Eight with no A priorities and some reductions in availability is a good enough foundation for a street campaign.

No Street Scum is actually in the core book, just hidden towards the back. It's Sum to 10 that's in Run Faster. CRB p354

It's a no-one fucking knows because the rules are too god-damned vague. Although if you do encounter anyone who uses the head in averaging, kick them in the crotch for me.

I personally never had the chance to really play in a game where downtime was important. We usually did a bit of it while on legwork.

For the game I run, downtime is between sessions in PMs with me. I got players running sidejobs, making friends and enemies and partying. I tend to build the sessions so that everyone gets to do something, and downtime is a bit weird if you have a party that's a bit disjointed I found.

Okay, I was Ctrl-F 'scum' and wondering why I couldn't find it

I've lately started using a modified Route Clearance (one of the 200 Word RPG winners this year) to handle downtime, and it works really well.

The group decides how many days/weeks of downtime they want (which is dictated by recovery times, initiations and other personal timesinks, and of course when they run out of rent money). Then we set out a line of playing cards face-down, one or two per PC per week. We go around the table, flipping over cards and playing short scenes based on the number (higher number = more intense scene) and the suit (Clubs: Action or danger, Spades: Emotional difficulty or hardship, Hearts: Humour or comradery, Diamonds: Reflection or contemplation). If you get an ace, there is a catastrophe or major setback.

It's a great system for quick, guided scenes that help you flesh out your PCs and NPCs (some of them played by other players) and see what they're up to and why they're running in the first place. For example, the decker is in a dead-end wageslave job, so he runs to make money to boost his children out of the low income bracket. I can remember a low-number clubs that was attending his daughter's soccer game with the wife, and two sessions ago he had an Ace and his son ran away from home to join a street gang.

It takes less than an hour out of the session, and it is nice to see character development that all the other players are involved in.

Damn that's actually a good idea. Might save this to use for after their next mission.

The issue I've found with running everything myself is that often I run myself into circles.

That looks hella neat user, I'll try it out

Johnny was just a low level wizganger until one night they met at a club when she snuck out with some friends for the first time. They fell in love, & Johnny decided to up his game & become a Shadowrunner so he could make it big & treat her to the life he thinks she deserves.

Glad I could help - I lived through a stage of one-on-one downtime, and it's exhausting trying to come up with good ideas for everyone. Outsourcing to the players themselves for what they want to do with their characters takes that off of you, and lets you know what levers you can pull in the future.

As a rule, you don't want less than 3 cards per player (if they go for a short period), but if it gets to the point where you're putting out 30 cards you need to dial it back, because people don't have that many good ideas locked and loaded. Sweet spot is somewhere between 12-20 for my 4-person group.

Also, while some PCs might be in other people's scenes (if they live together/same neighbourhood/have the same contact etc.), don't be afraid every few cards to just look to another player and say, "hey, play this ganger/family member/club-goer for two minutes." Keeps everyone interested.

steal this /srg/

Ive seen that method of down time done is some obscure game but it wasnt Route Clearance. Does any other RPG handle downtime this way? Im thinking 13th Age but i dont have the book anymore

Capped for easy saving

Incite race riots for fun and profit.

Do you know if Chummer's default is five-limb or six-limb?

the option is in the options in the "Character and Printing" tab. Default seems to be six limbs

How do I build a magic katana user? I know it involves adepts and weapon foci, but that's as far as I go.

Make an adept, give them powers like Crit strike & Accuracy, stuff that improves your DV & such. Also get Reflexes 3 to be a beast in combat. Buy a high Rating Weapon Focus.

So I should kick Yekka?

Right in the balls, yes

Nul sweat, chummer.

Boosting your accuracy through Adept powers is horribly inefficient. Use the Attune Item ritual instead.

He needs those to code, though. Can we at least wait until shapeshifters are fixed?

Can't attune Foci omae

Yiff lives dont matter

>Not starting the game off with 6 notoriety
How can you even call yourselves runners

Starting out as an erratic and unreliable runner isn't a good thing boykie

>erratic and unreliable
Notoriety is not necessarily either of those things.

>"Notoriety represents the negative side of the character’s reputation. If they are difficult to work with, stubborn, unskilled, fatally flawed, or prone to failure, word is going to get around about them. Notoriety can also reflect callousness, untrustworthiness, and any evil aspects to a character’s personality that might spur others to steer clear of her."

I mean it's on the list.

That really doesn't hold up when taking "Mercenary Credo" nets you with 2 notoriety.

Well look at it this way, people know you're a Merc and that you work for money. People with very sensitive jobs where the competition might try to buy you out will avoid you.

You're right in saying that Notoriety is varied, but it's all bad, at least that's what the system intends it to be.

Doesn't stop me from getting that sweet +6 intimidate

So you want to primarily intimidate people? because getting +6 dice on the test can be useful

>Doesn't stop me from getting that sweet +6 intimidate
No, but it does give you a -6 to everything else.

You mean -6 to street rep. I don't get a penalty beyond not getting a bonus from street rep.