So how do you think the individual high lord feel about Guillimans return?

So how do you think the individual high lord feel about Guillimans return?

I don't think the 999 M41 high lords are ever talked about, besides maybe a passing mention of some of their names in the 4th ed rulebook or something about that old.

Anyway, with the amount of shit they have to deal with I don't think they're really to blame for anything.

Not really looking for specific names, more like a generalization like what does the Fabricator General think about this or the master of the Administratum? Basically a rough estimation based on the what they are the lord of.

They'd hate it. A dead/missing Primarch can be used as propaganda to get the plebs to their dirty work, a live one will usurp their power.

The one's he removed from power probably feel pretty upset if he kept them alive.

Recall that scene from The Brothers Karamzov where the High Inquisitor rants about how much Jesus sucks.

It's like that.

Guilliman is doing much better job than they ever did while telling them to go fuck themselves

Naturally they're not very happy

I believe there' going to be a black library book about it by Chris Wraight.

Better choice than ADB, fuck.

after being pissed and depressed at everything didnt he pretty much get rid of thoese idiots ( at least through his eyes )

I'm also wondering what the Minotaurs are up to now, and if they got approval for Primaris reinforcements.

>Guillman returned but Chaos wins
The end

Fabricator General: Oh man I hope he doesn't give my job to that ahole

> Empire collapses due to the Great Rift just exploding
> Galaxy rips itself apart until the Warp just spills out
> Four Chaos gods in their triumph proceed to eat one another until their forces are nearly depleted
> Only life not devolved into chaos spawn are the little pockets of reality remaining around interesting factions or characters or concepts
> Can't raise up the giant armies any more, barely enough people left for skirmishes

Yeah man ADB is the worst!

I've never read anything shittier than "Betrayer" or "Master of Mankind". Two steaming loads of daddy-issue, whitey/man-hating garbage.

When I go into a fictional universe, I demand to know from page one who is the good guy, and who is bad guy. Like in real life, the idea of different parties being varying shades of morality is anathema to me. I actually can't even believe I typed that; "Anathema" is one of those bullshit terms he had a daemon scream in "Master..." (A talking daemon! I don't read these books for talk, let alone talking daemons!).

Until he got his angsty claws into my books, the idea of Chaos being an omnipresent, unbeatable threat had never been postulated before. Yep, better choice than ADB ("All Damn Bad", amirite) for sure.

Hi Aaron. I don't hate your books but better go to Bolter & Cucksword if you don't want to deal with criticism.

One of the Watcher's of the Throne book has a Senatorum staffer talking about this. The High Lords are subordinate and pissed about it but too afraid to do anything.

Nah man I'm not him, just a fan. I just get irked at the ADB-hate I see on here sometimes, it seems more rooted in some kind of weird crotchety jealousy than anything else.

In my experience it is hate for the chaos wank, and his portrayal of the emperor that gets on people nerves. Before MoM people didn't hate him as much.

He literally fired a bunch of them.

I hear you, and I get that a lot of tg commenters see a 'wank', but I don't see it. ADB never portrays Chaos as being admirable or better than the Imperium, and giving Chaos characters a some nuance and idealism is wayyyyy more interesting than having a Word Bearer twirl his moustache while noble loyalists 'miraculously' pull off some kind of forlorn hope.

>it seems more rooted in some kind of weird crotchety jealousy than anything else.
Lol. There must be a term for this kind of defensive behaviour
>There's now way people could have a different opinion to me
>I know they must have some deep seated flaw that makes them incorrect!

The real problem is that we're seeing that ADB writes every story with the same tropes in mind and its getting old. With the Night Lord Trilogy a lot of these tropes made sense, renegades to both sides with a mix of anyone who'll help them and a tonne of daddy-issues. Then we got betrayer and Lorgar and Angron and those tropes were there but ok it was a justification for some of their behaviour, yeah cool. I mean the writing is still good Betrayer has one of my favourite scenes when Lorgar BTFO of my boi Magnus and the whole 'No, I built three.' But we've already scene these tropes and ideas, what else you got ADB?

So finally we get to Abaddon and its the same shit again? Really? Another story where you just changed the characters whilst writing about your own daddy issues? And of course its been long enough now for people to notice this and spread it around so people can easily identify it in his writing meaning every new story people pick up on it easier and complain louder. Which gives us MoM the straw that broke the camels back meme-wise. After that portrayal he lost the benefit of the doubt people gave him. That afterword is atrocious and it seems that its a case of a writer being too important to edit.

So seriously go fuck yourself. People have legitimate reasons for not enjoying reading the same story every time they open a ADB book. If that doesnt come across properly in peoples shit-posts then thats because this is fucking Veeky Forums and people have better things to do than argue with Carnac.

I've never read an ADB book in my life, but I follow him on Twitter and he seems like a nice, funny guy.

Jesus man, contain your inner fanboy.

I have read ADB's book and I can confirm that this user is full of shit and is a troll.

Carrion throne suggests the fabricator general was part of the dark eldar plot
Wonder if anything about repairing the throne is going to be said now

90% of ADB haters are just triggered /pol/cucks

They only came to 40k because they want to masturbate to the Imperium being this glorious fascist utopia (ignoring the fact that it's a shithole) and Chaos actually starting to win greatly threatens that, they probably feel personally insulted.

For these people, their politics is every facet of themselves. They can't separate themselves from ideology.

>these are the reasons I dislike that author`s work
>I read that author too and you are a trolly poopyhead!

I tend to trust opinion more, even though I haven`t read anything by ADB. Ask yourself why.

Follow the Resurrection series. LG said that the Carrion Throne and R-series will reveal interesting truths about the Emperor.

Yep, trust in someone throwing buzzwords and doesn't provide any examples. Just incoherent bitching. A wall of text of nothing. Make a proper post and you will get a proper response.

And i don't need to ask my self anything. I know the answer. You are a dickhead.

Lol, relax a little bit.

I know, right? It really reveals how much sexist and racist persons like this "" anons are when they get triggered whenever females and people of darker skin appear in the writing.

I am relaxed. I am having a chill breakfast.

B-but I haven`t even read anything by ADB, senpai. What are you talking about? Are you just baiting or something?

Bon appetit.

I don't believe you. If you are a fan of 40K for some while it's inevitable for you to run across anything written by ADB or something that contains PoC and women.

Even if you didn't, then you're guilty by association.

To wit, he has a fair number of themes he recycles, and what a lot of people take issue to is that he tries to make the traitor cause relatable and everything is the Emperor's fault, even if there is very few redeeming factors or Big E had little to do with it, like EC/WE/IW.

Kek.

He doesn't do that. The traitors in his books, while somewhat sympathetic, are clearly deluded and deplorable.

I refer to the traitor primarches, and how each has some way to blame the Emperor for their faults, rather than keeping it to themselves.
It's not even presented as pov, but as objective fact since the HH series is true history.

That's because the Emperor was at fault with many of them. And this isn't stricly something in ADBs writing. In the "Sigillite"by Chris Wraight, Malcador admitted that he and the Emperor did many mistakes with the Primarchs especially with poor Lorgar. You are just singling out ADB for some reason.

I think any attempts to colour the HH in a gray colour rather than keep it black and white offends you because you like Space Hitler.

>but as objective fact

Show me. Where it's stated as objective fact?

>That's because the Emperor was at fault with many of them

Literally almost all of them were already fucked before the Emperor even discovered them, so sure, blame Emperor for Angron's Nails or Curze's upbringing or Mortarion hating psykers.

The Emperor made it worse. For example again Lorgar. Malcador said that Lorgar had a sensitive soul that couldn't handle what happened to him.

ADB has said several times that Lorgar is not a reliable source of information.

>it's the Emperor's fault Lorgar is a little bitch

How about you just man the fuck up and stop blaming others. The Emperor can't make something "worse" if there was nothing to make worse to begin with.

>telling a child abuse victim to man up

Victim blaming much?

>child
He's a higher being, not a fucking normal snot-nossed kid.
Almost all of them had worse experiences on their home worlds. Look at Lion. The guy lived, alone, in a chaos corrupted forest for years until they found him, and he turned out far better than little cry-baby bitch Lorgar.

Almost all of them had their own share of hardships, it's just that Lorgar is a plain and simle fuccboi.

Didn't Rowboat canonically blackbag several of them and replace them with more competent individuals?

>Malcador said that Lorgar had a sensitive soul
Poor Lorgar, the Chad-Emperor hurt his fee-fees. Maybe he should have manned up and been the warlord he was born to be.

>He is so... changeable. He is so prone to extremes. Eager to please, so quick to take offence. He's so keen to be your best friend, and then, at the slightest hint of an insult, he's angry with you. Furious. Offended. Like a child.

Guilliman was right.

Reminder that Lorgar's adoptive father would beat him as a child, but when Lorgar got too big to abuse or even hurt, he hired big muscle-bound men to beat him with shocksticks and similar, he was that dedicated to beating the shit out of Lorgar. And Lorgar never once had the balls to do anything about it.

Yes. From Dark Imperium
>The machine’s voice changed, becoming hectoring. ‘Then my master repeats his request that you install him as Fabricator General of Mars. You replaced five of the High Twelve upon assumption of the regency of the Imperium, and hundreds of the lesser high lords. You have done this several times since. What is one more?’
But I dont think its been said which ones?

Yes.

>Guilliman was right.
Even though I despise ultrawank, even I have to admit that Guilliman was (and is) right on most occasions.

This is an interesting question to ponder. Which ones DID he remove? We know it wasn`t Fabricator General but that`s kinda it. So, which lords were the most incompetent/retarded/non-compliant with Rowboat`s vision?

Guilliman in some of the HH books (not all, but some) and in Dark Imperium is actually pretty good. He's got a stream of thought that brings to mind somebody greentexting about everything being terrible, this armour sucks, he wants his gauntlets back, doesn't like the 40K smurfs because 30k was better, wishing he was Crusading with his bro Primarchs again, his feet hurting, and so on and so forth.

He's an interesting character in the juxtaposition of his 30k sensibilities and general "reasonable person" character against the grimderp of 40k.

Is Dark Imperium worth reading? I am really interested in how Guilly sees things, but most of 40k books are such garbage.

It's worth reading in the sense that it gives you a fuckload of information about how the Imperium is working in m42. The prose isn't horrible either, for a BL novel. It's markedly better than most of their output, and the author honestly isn't too bad.

Okay, I`ll check it out then.

I don't mind his writing. He is no Chris Wraight but he is pretty good. I think it's more how formulaic his writing is... The main character is always some against the grain bad ass... with a waifu... And I personally am against the habit of some BL authors (Gav is an exanple) of ham fisting references to their other work into separate book plots. Which ADB did with all the subtly of a brick in Master of Mankind.

I don't get the Guilliman hate. He certainly is better written than a shit ton of the other characters with books. I think it is just lingering Smurf hate.

He just deals with his daddy-issues this way (I am not memeing or anything, he admitted himself he has them). I am glad it helps him combat his complexes, but I am slightly miffed that the setting has to suffer for it.

It's in the top half of 40k lit to be sure. There is a shit ton worse.

I certainly wouldn't like to lose my power if I were them, but none would dare complain about it to the 10-foot-tall son of your God-Emperor, so it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, I think it`s just some elements of smurfs fluff leaving bad taste in many people`s mouths is what leads to Guilly-hate. I mean, he isn`t even presented as some unbeatable, always right badass, he is just trying to make best out of horrible situation. I find it admirable.

I'm going to guess the Ecclesiarch and the Inquisitorial Representative.

The Ecclessiarch seems rather unlikely. They are going along with him hard, since Celestine threw her support behind him (And you know, emperor's son)

I promise you. No one, not even them, think that the Imperium of Man is a "utopia".
Don't be a faggot.

Why them exactly? Overly religious much? You think Guilliman replaced them with cooler, more secular heads?

Not to mention that Imperium is not even fascist, lol. Don`t waste your time arguing with some buzzword-spewing ADB fanboy.

>blame Emperor for Angron's Nails

No, blame him for dicking Angron over in their first meeting and being retarded enough to think that he'd just be okay with that eventually.

>Curze's upbringing

Not the Emperor's fault, but he didn't exactly do much to fix the problem, because having a psychopathic murderer Primarch was convenient in the short term. He didn't even follow up on Curze's visions of everyone dying, which should have been a huge warning sign that he was doing things wrong.

>Mortarion

Again, the Emperor basically did nothing to fix this. Even Malcador could see that Mortarion wasn't ready to be reintroduced to a position of power after his time on Terra, but the Emperor ignored this, because he wanted his weapon in the field.

The Emperor made a ton of mistakes regarding the Primarchs, and this isn't even all new canon. It has always been the case that the Emperor, in his hubris and ironic inhumanity, overlooked the problems his treatment of his sons was causing.

>fascism
>a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Yep, that sounds like the Imperium. While technically ruled by the High Lords, the Emperor is still the official head of state, after all.

I got into 40k back in 2002 after seeing a chaos codex, and the idea of chaos being the ultimate villain is annoying to me.

40k is supposed to be everyone having the ability to conquer the universe (except tau) but they keep fucking it up over and over making it all a gigantic clusterfuck with no hope of ever stopping.

There's a theory going around that the Emperor created each primarch as a vessel for an aspect of his own humanity so that his emotions wouldn't be an obstacle in his quest to unite and uplift humanity.
And when a primarch dies, that aspect of the Emperor's humanity goes back into him. Hence why the Emperor hesitated to kill Horus, since Sanguinias died just before then. His self-doubt/empathy came back.

Thats fucking retarded.

You're fucking retarded.

>He's a higher being, not a fucking normal snot-nossed kid.

Actually, the lore says that despite all their power the Primarchs were mentally human with all the flaws within man. Space marine are less human that Primarchs.

Perhaps. That theory is still dumb as fuck though.

So, Age of Sigmar?

So which Primarch would be which aspect?

Horus- ???
Angron- hatred/bloodlust/fucking duh
Mortarion- ???
Fulgrim- Vanity
Lorgar- ???
Magnus- Search for knowledge/intelligence
Perturabo- ???
Konrad Curze- JUSTICE (?)
Alpharius/Omegnon- Kunnin'/Deception

Manus- ???
Sanguinus- Empathy/Mercy
Lion- ???
Khan- ???
Russ- ???
Dorn- ???
Vulkan- Kindness/Humanity
Gulliman- Autism

The theory sounds neat but not all of the Primarchs really have one quality they exemplify.

Unless you count shit like "wolfs wolfingly" or "I'm gonna build this wall and the heretics are gonna pay for it" as a quality.

Mortarion- stoicism/Endurance
Dorn- perseverance/composure
Perturabo- Innovation maybe? Guy was canonically big on finding Leonardo Da Vincis works
Fulgrim- Vanity?
Manus- Metal Hands because there is nothing else to that character
Lion- the guys hard to read despite him being a bookworm. I want to put down paranoia/caution
Russ- kinship maybe? Russ probably had the most friends out of all the primarchs
Horus- I think this one is Ambition
Khan- freedom maybe? Who knows he's the same as lion

Also Lorgar would be faith as he's described as a man of unshakeable faith and conviction repeatedly in the books

now the big question is the missing primarches

>Russ probably had the most friends out of all the primarchs
Name one positive encounter Russ had with his brothers?

Khan would be the desire of unity of mankind imo

I meant with people who aren't primarchs

He's not covered that much unfortunately
I was getting that vibe too but no one cares enough for him lmao

So the Tau Empire.
The Imperium is more close to a feudal system than anything else.

Go fuck yourself with your virtue signalling.
Most of the world sucks and children like live in poverty, real poverty, do have to man up or fuck off. Get out of your nice clean suburbia and go to see the world, the real one, and you will realize than your left wing compassion is just a rich boy wankery.