Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1728: A Villain In Your Land, In His Land a Ruler Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

hey all!

I think the jump is basically finished, and for the first time I've tried to image it.
Tell me what y'all think

Anything interesting to do in Naruto?
What are the dangers to look out for?

Nice! Looks pretty comfy and is easily readable. Good job.

Looks awesome!

Assuming I had an immunity to corruption and the Perfect Partner perk from Witchblade, how fearsome would an Elf or one of the Dúnedain be with the One Ring's loyalty?

Looking ~a e s t h e t i c~ there, Spartan

Star Wars: Republic Commando: Version 4

Now with reward descriptions, new perks & drawbacks, an improved system for carrying weapons and the ability to import clones of your companions!

>Magi Tech Wizard
This is far better than any of the other 200s and seems more like a 600 here.

>That Still Only Counts as One
How big is the AoE?

>That's My Body!
Are you able to control who swaps with who or is it random?

>I Curse You
Doesn't actually say what we get, just talks about curses. You might want to make it clearer.

>Ritual of Star Reading
This feels fairly weak compared to the other 600 items, mostly the fact that it's not even entirely accurate most of the time.

>Hero's Crystal
This has the other problem, being far better than any of the other items. 50% boost to all your powers and there's no reason or cost to not have it on all the time. This needs to be either reduced or replaced, unless you make all the other 600s just as good.

>how fearsome would an Elf or one of the Dúnedain be with the One Ring's loyalty?

don't know hard to say. I'd immagine the ring will nevertheless drive the wearers will for power, loyalty or not. Migth give the wearer some initial growth in power, but far more a yearning for more which he eventually achieves
the will of the dunedain is strong as it is. With a loyal ring he'd subdue the wills of almost any mortal

Reckon Guided Research and Magic Tech Wizard should swap prices, since the latter covers so much more you couldn't do before whilst the former's just a nudge in the right direction that still takes effort. Also maybe phrase the latter as "Magitech", just looks awkward

Also exactly what are Crests, and can do do anything except blast people?

That's about everything, I think. Not sure about the Sealing Knife though, seems a fair bit more robust than the other items if it's absolutely unbrekable frmo inside.

>>Magi Tech Wizard
so would you suggest switching it with defense construction? maybe weakening it to compensate for the drop in price?
>AoE
maybe 3-4 meters. not huge but still fairly large
>That's my body
its random
>I Curse You
I'll try, theres not much on the actual curses in show
>Star Reading
So would you suggest i boost it? make it more accurate overall, such that it is almost perfect at midnight or full moon etc?
>Hero's crystal
cheers i knew i was forgetting something. it should have a time limit, what kind of length would you suggest?
>guided research
will do, that seems sensible
>Crests are basically Dog days form of magic, and they can do a range of things, like most general magics

Needs item imports please.

Considering Perfect Partner boosts what you get from it... You might be able to match how powerful Galadriel would be with it? She's much, much older than you can be with the jump, but the perk might make up for the difference.

Then again, we only have her speech on that, which is probably at least as much metaphor as reality:

>beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!”
>She stood before Frodo seeming now tall beyond measurement, and beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful.

>Anything interesting to do in Naruto?

Depends on what you call interesting. With exception of one nation, every nation uses ninjas to fight. They even have had several Ninja World Wars.

So there's lots of intrigue and spying. Even though the nations are "friendly" with one another. Depending on when you start, you can run into interesting characters.

For instance starting in the Warring States Period is when the villages were all just clans fighting for territory. Eventually multiple clans formed the village system. Or you could start during Kakashi's (Naruto's teacher) time and fight in the Third Ninja War.

In the standard Naruto time period the dangers are the fact that power ramps up pretty damn fast. They quickly ramp up to country level of destruction, overpowered eye magic, and tailed beasts become second fiddle.

Kakashi's time period you just gotta worry about Oorchimaru & Third Ninja War. This is probably best time to be there's no overeliance on magic eyes, good bloodlines, and tailed beasts.

During Warring States period you got to deal with Madara Uchia & establish the Hidden Leaf Village.

well, she did destroy Dol Goldur singlehandedly (or atleast with her husband)

Thank you! I'll start in Kakashi's time then. He looks really cute too.

there are some pretty creative powers and tricks to grab there.
It will get dangerous if you don't stop the plot from happening, yes.
If you take out 2-3 key players before shit really goe down you should be fine (won't be easy though)

Pick up Edo Tensei if possible (ressurecting the dead with all their powers, unlimited stamina and regeneration bound to your will). It's great

of what sort? do you mean change some descriptions so you can import instead? or if you mean add other items, then you will need to find some, cos i can't think of many more.

>Magi Tech
Swapping it with the 400 would probably work if you weakened defense construction to match.

It'd be good to write that into the perk then.

As above, for clarity.

I mean have something that details the person is getting the ability to use these curses, since the perk doesn't actually say if the person is and what level they can use them at.

That would definitely help to make it more accurate at midnight.

Preferably a very short one, a few minutes at most, given how great it is as a scaling effect. Then a lengthy cool down so you can't just reactivate it.

To add on the other guy, I think you should detail what crests are early in the document, since you have several perks and items that directly relate to crests but no clear description of what they are and can do.

The former please.

If you want to derail the entire plot of Naruto. Save Obito Uchiha and prevent Rin Nohara from becoming a jinchūriki against her will. Maybe even kindle a romance between Obito & Rin. Madara is old and weak here. So killing him for good would be best solution.

He might have the Rinnegan but he just unlocked it and I don't think he had the Chakra necessary anymore. That's why he had to be ressurected in his prime or someshit like that.

Done
>magi tech
i've swapped it with guided research for now, do you think that would work?
>Clarity
added
>Curses
i've changed it to this: 'Even in this colour and happy world, there is a smudge of darkness. This smudge is the power of curses. Vile magics made by evil beings. You can now use this foul magic, at a level equivalent to a novice level three crest user. This magics can be used to corrupt the innocent or inflict great pain. The greatest of these curses would even allow you to kill beings in areas where deaths are not normally possible. This is the equivalent to black magic.'
>Star reading
fixed. now nearly 100% accurate on the full moon, and extremely accurate in general at midnight
>Crests
problem is, crests are literally just this worlds outward expression of magic. they can be used to do most things that normal magic can do.

Do you or anyone around you actually call you a jumper or do you have another term for it?

A jumper is the same thing as a sweater so I've never liked the term.

>Not-Very-Fatal Death
How big an area could I cover with this, and can I just keep it up indefinitely?

>IT’S SO FLUFFY!
Can I choose to have it less than the maximum fluff I bought it up to?

Say, for example, I bought it five times (for a 32 times increase). Could I just triple the size and fluff of my tail instead of going with the full 32 times increase, or keep my cat ears the same size but make it ultra-fluffy?

Also, can I swap between maximum fluff and lesser fluff (in case I want to be able to move without having to roll around like a massive ball of fluff)?

>Crystal of the Floating Isles
How big are these island, approximately?

>What Are You Thinking?! [+200]
Not a question, but I imagine my jumper would just continually be crackling with lightning and smoking.

Is there a number for what all of Earth's tax revenue is? All I can find are percentages.

And find a way to either kill Danzo or disgrace him.

what if i fuck Rin and rub it in Obitos face?

What about Orochimaru?

As someone who has never read or watched Harry Potter what are some things to look out for in the setting?

People wearing turbans, giant snakes, rats, tournaments, bitchy women wearing pink, and bald people without a nose.

As long as guided research has been sufficiently weakened to be on the level of a 200 perk, that would work.

Curse change looks good.

>Crests
Then say that. The reader doesn't know that unless you tell them so just include a little blurb early on about that, in the intro or as a general free perk or something like that.

depends if you want to stick around with the main characters or do your own thing. But basically what said

There are mindcontrol spells and instant death spells. Those are bad news. I recommend high magic resistance and immunity to curses before you go there.

> AoE
i've added that this effect is double the length of you reach. you can do this indefinitely, but i may add that it uses a small nit extra stamina/magic
> Its so Fluffy
i hadn't considered that. I'd probably say no, since that would fall more under the purview of shapeshifting. As for fluffiness, again iffy. i'd probably lean more towards yes you can for this one though
>Floating Isles. i'd say maybe 400 meters? at base level. I'll add that in the description, along with the fact that you can increase their size by implanting more in.
>What are you thinking
hah yeah, especially with all fan service that happens.
>guided research
actually looking at it, i would say that it doesn't need that big a nerf
>crests
added

bring a gun

>Guided research
No, I think it does. Unless it's solely limited to helping you sort through info you already have, that's a very useful power to have.

Wasn't there an episode that has some past hero talking about a time when demons overran the world? Could we have a drawback that sends us to that time period?

You could do that. I mean its your chain. Just if you want to prevent stupid shit from happening, make sure they're together in the end. Even if she's carrying your child. He'll probably still marry her.

Oorchimaru is looking for an immortal body. Make him look into White Zetsus. Giving him what he wants seem to be best way to actually stop him from terrorizing the village later. It would probably save a whole lot of kids later on. Seeing how Oorchimaru was always looking for the perfect host body.

I use Outlander most of the time as a title rather than Jumper.

The Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers all have secrets and most of them are evil (evil ones in years 1, 2, 4, 5. 6 is a prick albeit one who is ultimately working against Voldemort).

If you're a muggleborn don't go walking the corridors alone in second year unless you can block an instant death effect and fight a giant snake. Similarly if you're a muggleborn or drop-in go into hiding after 6th year if it's an early jump, preferably by going abroad.

Knowing how to get into the kitchens and the room of requirement make Hogwarts quite a bit more fun.

Luna's feet

Can't find it myself... though I did get the percentage of GDP and the GDP of 2015, which after a bit of calculating left me with a bit more than 11,3 trillion dollars in total tax revenue.

I'm honesty not sure how to nerf it though. as of right now, it means you are more likely to stumble onto the knowledge you want. the only way i could really nerf that is if i increased the amount of time this took
sure, that sounds cool.

i've added
'If in a place that you have never been, or looking for knowledge you know nothing about, this effect is severely lessened.'
what do you think?

As of right now, it's also got no real limits on whether this info needs to be easily obtainable or not. The perk right now could be used to easily stumble onto extremely rare or forbidden knowledge that you seek out. Maybe if you limited it to solely working with finding the right knowledge within areas you have access to? Such as finding the bit of writing you're looking for within a public library you're in but not accidentally stumbling onto the villain's evil plan unless you were actually in his room where it was stored.

I don't think it really fixes the issue unless you also clarify how it works. Is it able to create the knowledge where it wasn't before, such as having you find a book with the stuff you want where it ordinarily wouldn't be?

Where are the best bird girls?

Thank you for all the advice :).

Here's my vague plan so far:
I'll try to protect Team Kakashi from all the bad stuff. I'll help Orochimaru in his search for the perfect body and make him somewhat less sociopathic in the process (I have perks for that) and finally I'll push for diplomacy earlier, cutting the Third Shinobi War a bit shorter. That way maybe I can spare Itachi the war trauma and render him less crazy.

Have I missed anything important? Before I go to write and to roll for all that.

Danzo and Root fucking things up fot the would-be akatsuki.

Does anyone happen to have a list of jumps where we can be fully synthetic? Asking as I want most of my early jumps to be a robot.

ah ok. no, i meant it to work like, the knowledge/location of the knowledge doesn't change or anything, you are just more likely to find it, such as like with the situations you outlined. i'll try to clarify that in the perk

>i've added that this effect is double the length of you reach. you can do this indefinitely, but i may add that it uses a small nit extra stamina/magic
Oh. So, it's basically just your immediate surroundings and not even a battlefield or something.

Well, that's dropped then.

>i hadn't considered that. I'd probably say no, since that would fall more under the purview of shapeshifting.
Do you mean the swapping between sizes, or is it always an all-or-nothing deal with every non-human feature? Because I'd like to have giant tails, but other features I might want to boost to somewhat less ludicrous sizes.

>As for fluffiness, again iffy. i'd probably lean more towards yes you can for this one though
That would be nice at least.

>i'd say maybe 400 meters? at base level. I'll add that in the description, along with the fact that you can increase their size by implanting more in.
Alright. Small for an island, but I guess I could work with that.

How would implanting more work though? You only get one at a time, and it sounds like the island gets ripped out of the ground when you implant it.

I mean, I suppose you could tie two islands together with a bit of rope or chains, but that doesn't sound like what you're proposing...?

Terminator, all the Mega Mans I think, Futurama.

Cave Story, The Matrix, Transformers, and probably others i can't remember.

> AoE
hmm true, with the nerf i didn't take into account the cost/fact this is a capstone. ill increase that. what kind of level would you suggest
>Its so fluffy
i mean the swapping between sizes at will. you can choose to only boost certain features at a time, or all of them. you just can't then change their size afterwards without a shapeshifting perk/power.
>Isles
each one will grow a new crystal once a month. while the first may be small, you may save a few from that one and then plant them all at once to get a bigger one. or something like that.

Thanks I'll look into it. I also have to take care of Madara but I don't know how to do that without killing him yet.

Overlord, NieR: Automata

Speaking for my jumps:
The Polity (Golem or War Drone)
Eclipse Phase (Any background so long as you pick a synthmorph as your morph except the biocore)
AVP (Synthetic or Combat Synthetic)
Castle of Puzzles (pick a golem as an Un-Usual race)
Arpeggio of Blue Steel (Mental Models)

How do I speak to the dead?

>what kind of level would you suggest
I'd say probably large enough to cover battlefield? This is the effect that makes their "wars" deathless, so...

>i mean the swapping between sizes at will. you can choose to only boost certain features at a time, or all of them. you just can't then change their size afterwards without a shapeshifting perk/power.
Alright then.

Oh. How about altforms and non-human features I acquire later?

>each one will grow a new crystal once a month. while the first may be small, you may save a few from that one and then plant them all at once to get a bigger one. or something like that.
Ahhh, okay. To me it read like only the first one produces a new gem each year.

Kill yourself, become a ghost

You just have to start the conversation.
They're already listening.
They're always listening.

Hive queen quest lets you be fully AI, exist on a calculators storage apace, and make infinite digital copies of your mind so long as there is storage space.

There's a Ouija board in Horror Movies.

>AoE
problem is that a whole battlefield coverage is A: much better then any other capstone, and B: significantly more powerful then anything else shown in the series.
>It's So Fluffy
fluffiness wise, yes those can transfer to new features. size wise i would probably say not.
>Floating Isles
i'll make sure to clarify that each new one will also grow another

This brings up a question.....

If someone was in the early stages of brainstorming a generic super robot show jump, what is the best way to handle letting people be the super robot? A zero point drawback?

It's your duty to include a Giant Robot background. Search your feelings; you know this to be true.

>AoE
remember that this applies for even mundane swings, and this setting isn't that powerful
>Fluffy
actually, i would say the sizes might transfer if you wish

Giant Robots are getting a full creation sub-section, I'm not sure how to do a background any better than that.

>problem is that a whole battlefield coverage is A: much better then any other capstone, and B: significantly more powerful then anything else shown in the series.
Eh, it's mostly for fun since it affects everyone in the area, isn't it? I'd say Summon Champion is more powerful.

>remember that this applies for even mundane swings, and this setting isn't that powerful
Uh. What? I'm talking about the Not-Very-Fatal Death perk? The one that turns people into Pet Balls instead of dying?

>actually, i would say the sizes might transfer if you wish
Nice. Thank you.

Something has come up and I might be delayed in making the Generic PMC Jump and If you don't hear from me in a few weeks consider the jump un-claimed.

Ooh, very nice!

I read up on the wiki. Apparently Madara already transferred his Rinnegan into Nagato. He was also one responsible for Rin's death to manipulate Obito.

Danzo is a crazy asshole who needs to be taken down.

.... crap... i thought you were talking about 'That still only counts as one'....i messed up T_T
yeah, the Not fatal death perk covers the entire battlefield, definitely

I'll tell you what, I'll add in background on top of the creation section thanks for the suggestion. Not sure if i will like the end result, but its worth a shot.

just be polite and self confident
you can do it!

Is there any reason to double up on Bending Genius for a single element if you'll take the scenario to become the Avatar?

Eh, everyone makes mistakes sometimes. No problem.

Oh, another question about the floating islands though. How high up do they go? Like, do they float on top of the clouds, below them, or is it likely to get very misty when a cloud passes?

Is anyone working on Campione! ??

i would say that you could choose, given the islands seem to float at any number of different heights. Maybe they default at just above low hanging clouds

Show me your Duel Monsters: The Heroes builds, /jc/.

Not to the best of my knowledge. I hope someone picks it up, I've not killed nearly enough gods.

Here, have two shots from the first episode of season one.

At the risk of bringing it back in this thread, what are the hunger games in a nutshell? Just seemed like a confusing, overly elaborate cage match drug out of several days.

Fair enough. Thanks for the answers.

Oh, that helps. Thank you.

Elemental Hero (Free)
Hero Mask (Free)
A Hero Arrives (100)
Polymerisation (200)
Righteous Justice (300)
Over Destiny (600)
Bladedge (300)
Costume (Free)
Hero Signal (100)

Worm Call (+200)
Planet Pollutant Nightmare (+200)
HIKARI (+200)

Duel Monsters - the Heroes
Origin: Neo-Spacian

Perks
Neo-Spacian Contact
Neo-Spacian Project (100cp)
Neo-Spacian Force (300cp)

Powers & Gimmicks
Air Hummingbird
Dunkguy (200cp)
Contact Out (300cp)

Gear
Madolche Knights (200cp)
Home Ground (200cp)

Companions
Hero Call (100cp)
Evil Hero - The Brightest Darkness, Necro-Shamanism, Contact with the
Goblin Attack Forces
Destiny Hero - Dreadguy, D-Counter, Over Destiny

Drawbacks
Get Your Game On! (+100cp)
Waterfront Disaster: The Interrupted Kaiju Slumber (+100cp)
Planet Pollutant Nightmare (+200cp)
NEO-SPACIAN: B-BALL BIRD!

Contact Out is a really fun Perk. I'm planning on using it to empower Protagonists and characters in other settings, so I can help them and get embroiled in the plot myself, without actually taking anything away from the Protagonists (hopefully).

Are the 100cp perks free or discounted? And are additional purchases of IT’S SO FLUFFY! discounted for Animals?

Ok, this is the updated jump with peoples feed back taken into account.
perks have been modified, item imports added, drawback added. Decorative strip on the side changed slightly to make slightly more neat.

let me know if i missed anything

No problem. Also, judging by that castle up in the corner, the islands can be pretty big.

Is the google drive down for anyone else?

curses, if only you commented 30 seconds earlier xD
100 CP perks are free, and the additional purchases are discounted for animals. i'll make sure to add that

Just crashed for me.

I can't even get onto my personal gdrive folders at the moment, so it's probably something affecting all google drives or something.
Give it a little while and try again later.

>Each crystal can float an island of around 500 meters.
Is that a 500 meter radius or diameter?
It didn’t load when I tried it.

diameter

So edgy

Do we have any Perks that can help you intertwine nature and civilization, so that wild animals and civilized folk can occupy the same habitats and areas without adversely affecting the other?

Is there any good perks for improving training speed? I don't mean learning speed, as I want to o train absurdly fast without a teacher.

get your game on +100 no way in hell I am both legal and an accurate representation
Waterfront Disaster! The Interrupted Kaiju Slumber+100 . I love to wrestle giant monsters!
Worm Call+200 . The trick is not to let them get a foothold
Planet Pollutant Nightmare+200 five words "unlimited supply of Alpha lanterns"
chose the hero city
drop in free
master of seclusion free for drop-in
Visions of the Future-300
D – Counter-200 I should probably take this
over destiny -600 morally obligated to take this
Chaos -300 discount for drop-in the last bit about ceiling and special abilities is amazing, I guess I blow into my arm through my mask Tommy Oliver style? This doesn't really add up.
Costume Free

hero call Monique,mother box, Leonardo da Vinci,Saitama
,TJ,Tina,RJ, painwheel-200

I said the islands can be pretty big.
It appears I forgot how right I was.