Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1730: Supersonic Iceberg Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L730jQ3b81c
youtube.com/watch?v=gOb9YEQC20c
youtube.com/watch?v=uLpyPK6DZu8
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Gero's_son
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Your burning body will never light the night sky
>You will never make the earth shake at your arrival
>You will never be so beautiful

youtube.com/watch?v=L730jQ3b81c

>
>Living eighty-four years in the most hectic century in human history seems like a pretty good drawback by itself.
Sounds like someone doesn't want to get old and pruney

>add something like 'you will be drawn into at least one of the big problems of the 20th Century'.
I like this idea

>"...and then things REALLY got crazy in the 80s when I got caught up in some Colombian drug war!"

>Despair caused Superman
That's hilarious.

The Endless, by representing their theme, also allow their opposite to exist.

Without Despair there could be no hope.

Yes, but as showed in that image she wasn't trying to make hope. She was trying to make despair. She fucked up, but it's cool because the other end is in her wheelhouse anyway.

>Sounds like someone doesn't want to get old and pruney
>implying I don't take on old forms just so I can act like a crotchety old man
YOU DAMN KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!

I'd get involved all the time, because that's just how I do.

Made changes, changelog at bottom

>>"...and then things REALLY got crazy in the 80s when I got caught up in some Colombian drug war!"

Huh, now I want to see a jump for Narcos..

>Steal lifeboat a couple of hours before Iceberg hit
>Row to Iceberg
>Use highly advanced Flamethrower and/or magic to melt Iceberg
>???
>Profit

So, out of curiosity.
With the "It's a mathematical certainy" drawback, can we at least manipulate who dies and who lives?

Like getting certain people on lifeboats before others. Just so long as the same number of people die right?
What if we offer sacrifices to die in the places of people, made with magic or technology?

>Break up iceberg
>Use ice to make ice cream/slushies/snow cones
>Host midnight ice cream party
>Profit

As long as 1,514 die you can do whatever you want. You could run down the hallway wearing nothing but wool socks and stabbing everyone with a salad fork, go nuts.

.......Alright. I can work with this.

Just to make something clear:

The sinking of the Titanic predates the first World War. Why isn't anyone talking about how they're going to be derailing THAT?

WW1 was inevitable, since before 1900 practically. Europe was a god damn powerkeg waiting to go off.
You can't derail it, only make it "not as bad as it could be"

The hell a jumper can't derail it. What, is Titanic your first jump?

You underestimate my POWER.

>Off the commies
>Off the nationalists in Austria
>Off the French and German goverments

What are some good ways of combining armor/weapons?

>German government
>in 1912

Well I guess the German empire SORT of counts but Prussia is in charge.

Also fuck yes off the commies and the Austrian nationalists. Are you telling me you can't think of any way to defuse the powder keg or change their minds, short of mass murder? Which IS an option I guess, but come on.

Unless the brainwash the masses of all of Europe, yeah you can't derail it. Shit. Was. FUCKED. Everyone was practically at one another's throats. Half the counties were at their own throat with shit like potential Communist rebellions.

>Hurrr Durr
>Da Commies, Da Austrians, Da Germans, Da French were the only ones in the wrong.
No. Fuck no. EVERYONE in the Europe was being a massive, MASSIVE, cunt at the time. For fuck sake people thought the civil wars in the Balkins were gonna cause a world-wide war.

>Unless you brainwash the masses of all of Europe
That's exactly what I plan to do. Other possible solutions include: providing Europe with a common enemy. Forcing their integration into an earlier, less shitty European Union through sheer might of diplomacy perks, mind control and social engineering, obliterating the continent from space, etc.

I'm in New Jersey and I've got 5 gallons of water already,plus I live in the mountains so I don't have to worry too much about flooding. but on the other hand every room in my apartment has a window and I live in the boonies so there is no support infrastructure, so it's a little up in the air.

>That's exactly what I plan to do
If that's your thing, sure go right ahead. My point was that Europe's politics, external and external, were completely and utterly fucked.

Sure but Jumpers are hax.

>Why isn't anyone talking about how they're going to be derailing THAT?

Because people find war calls out something deep and dark in ourselves? The ultimate test of survival, asserting our will upon the world?

Just being handed a couple grenades in Army basic made me all sorts of tingly. Picture a line of guys waiting to go in the grenade range, some looking nervous, and right in the middle is a guy is grinning in excitement. Probably made Drill Sergeant uncomfortable told me to stop smiling.

And then I got to fire an AT-4....

Just turn all the major world leaders into frogs!

Nothing brings about peace on Earth and goodwill to all men like the certain knowledge that witchcraft is real. I'm pretty sure even the French would team up with Austria-Hungary if they saw fire and brimstone raining from the sky. And also like, a millions succubi blowing raspberries at the Statue of Liberty. The original one, of course.

HYDRA Blueprints from MCU; pick up Retro-Engineer for best results. Power armor's pretty hot on the ground there; Tony already has autonomous gauntlets that can shoot things without being attached to the rest of the suit, and the Centipede Project was even whackier.

why do you have a million succubi lying around?

Why do you not?

Where did you get millions of succubi?

>why do you have a million succubi lying around?
>Implying having a million succubi is strange for a jumper

There's also the point to consider that a lot of our current-day attitudes regarding war, the treatment of minorities, international politics and so on are heavily influenced by the horrors of the two world wars.

If you do prevent them you're not only removing a major reason for why those attitudes have changed to our modern, civilized view, you're also making the world pretty much unrecognizable.

Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but it's something to keep in mind if you plan to do something of this magnitude.

Good point. Luckily there are perks to force your values onto people.

> World Wars, Great Depression, segregation, Vietnam, and disco are things you get to look forward to now and, try as you might, you’ll find yourself dragged into some of the big problems of the 20th century.
As someone who took the Old Money background, I figure I'll probably just throw money at the people I like. Although, as for the world wars, I might take ASA's idea and just start turning people into mice.
Just gonna pen down a little note here to slot Titanic after The Witches jump.
Don't really know what I'll do about Disco, though. That might be the hardest challenge I ever have to face, you fiend.

On that note, continuing a conversation from last thread, I'm far too lazy to steal ideas and then create the proper infrastructure to see them to success, but an equally valid option would be to fund them to such an extent that I effectively own them and am able to veto things that I don't want to happen through sheer executive power.
It'll be really cool to be able to say "I own Microsoft", though sadly I won't be around long enough to see anything but the beginning of their empire.

>Luckily there are perks to force your values onto people
TEMPLAR!!!

God'sShotgun!Jumper is planning to be liberal with the meteor showers until they get the hint.

Sadly, per etc, the idiots will probably still try to pull shit and I'll have to escalate.

>We'll have to postpone the invasion
>What, why?
>All of our cannon just turned into pillars of salt.

Whoa TIME OUT I was just like, being figurative and stuff! Succubi, nymphs, banshees-I just thought of the most recognisable infernal force to make a bunch of stodgy 20th century gentlemen pop their monocles right off their faces. Which happened to be succubi.

Also the Netherealm from Disgaea, the divine cloning technology from FF13-3 and a battery that uses combines FF13's weird version of antimatter with leylines/mana nodes for energy. Put in succubus in one end, get lots of succubi clones out the other

More like Lunar and Actraiser Angelic Advisor and Stellaris Primitive Assimilator.

Damn I can't remember in which Jumps you can have your underlings adopt your values but I know there are some perks for that.

I would've guessed first circle souls.

Die ASSASSINO!

>All these people talking about derailing the World Wars
>Not becoming History's Greatest Monster and making them worse
>By providing counties, that weren't even ready for war with their current technology, advanced technology(WWII era minimum)

Can you imagine the fucking carnage when the people who still think Line-Formations work start using MG-42s and T-34s on one another?

I'll bet I can raise that Kill-Count by 50%, at minimum.

I mean, if you want to play toy soldiers, why not just build your own army and conquer the planet?

>Whoa TIME OUT I was just like, being figurative and stuff!

Of course! Who would have a million sex demons? That's just silly!
>Closes bedroom door with foot

Not really? They had similar population to the Roman Empire. But far better logistics, which allowed them to deploy much more soldiers.

It's funnier when they do it to themselves?

With the "love was when I loved you", seeing as the perk encompasses several different kinds of love (based on our appearance/gender), is it possible to position ourselves to receive a certain type of love? Like, if we didn't want someone to see us in a romantic light, could we intentionally steer things towards a familial love, or some other specific type of platonic love? As opposed to just defaulting to romance unless romance is impossible.

>Not teleporting to it

Pleb jumper

See I don't want to manipulate the nations behind the scenes, or play toy soldiers.
I wanna hand them the weapons, and watch what they do to each other.

Like if I handed teeny tiny nukes to ants.

Yeah, the British, Americans and Turkish were also dicks, but they just joined the fray, not started it. All of them had other fronts with more relevant interests than the plains of Europe.

I could add something along the lines of it being up to you to foster romantic feelings from strong platonic feelings. Everyone could use a good bromance.

>I'll bet I can raise that Kill-Count by 50%, at minimum.
Especially if I dust off that respawning nuclear warhead that just sits on a shelf.

Nah when I said "WWII at minimum" I meant, maybe, "Vietnam War at max"
I want things they could, in theory, reproduce on their own.

>Not purchasing that item in Desolate Era that has a room as large as twice our solar system
>Not populating it with monster girls and 1st Circles
>Jumper's harem literally holds trillions upon trillions of beings
And that's still not enough

>foster romantic feelings from strong platonic feelings
yes pls

No Jumper, You are the Iceberg + Element Queen: Ice (Frozen) = Well, let's head to Jamaica!

>No Jumper, You are the Iceberg + Element Queen: Ice (Frozen) = Well, let's head to Jamaica!

Instantly though of Cool Runnings

youtube.com/watch?v=gOb9YEQC20c

You don't know cold until you step outside and feel your nose hairs ice and your wet hair freezes hard enough to snap off.

Nah, don't bother with getting a portable world, learn Heartforce and make your own inner world that way. It's possible to impose your Heartworld on your surroundings, that way you can just turn any old place into a demon orgy.

>Not fusing every pocket dimension

Why?

>though
>thought

Welp, that's the sign it's time for bed! Night all, I'll make changes later today.

I find it deeply amusing that step one is "use primitive wooden boat" and step two is "use clarketech/magic to melt an estimated one billion tons of ice".

Seriously, some rough calcs suggest you could drop at least a 25MT nuke on the fucker and it'd still be there (thanks to the ocean soaking up a lot of the energy). Certainly smaller, maybe cracked, but somehow still managing to look smug at you... icebergs be tough, yo.

youtube.com/watch?v=uLpyPK6DZu8

Jumper found a new waifu

Is there anything like Toggle but for items? Such as being able to turn off special characteristics of a weapon?

Because this way you don't have to spend CP, just legendary amounts of effort. Which is a much less scarce resource than CP.

>not flying by as a fast-moving orb of light and moving the ship off-course, leaving only eye witness accounts of dubious integrity

Jumpers!

What mundane jobs have you held?

Protect that smile!

Really I have to say we really dont have very good conversatiins here, seems like we go over the most inane things.

And a fry cook.

>Implying that I worry about CP

user, I have ____companions____ for that.

Doctor's assistant, masseuse, cook, psychologist, volunteer in prisons, activist, tv show host, innkeeper.

Well.. introduce a better topic?
Also which jump were you a fry cook in?

Dragon Ball GT
> Age: 26 [Rolled14] (1/6/7)
> Location: Earth
> Race: Android
> Origin: Scientist
> Antivirus Subscription [Get a Freebie!]
> Energy Eater [-300CP]
> Power [Get a Freebie!]
> Do You Love Me Father [Get a Freebie!]
> Gero Expy [-100CP]
> Symbolosis [-200CP]
> Capsule Machine [Get a Freebie!]
> Machine World [-300CP]
> Crystal Sphere [-100CP]
> Dragon Ball Jumper Tour [Get a Freebie!]
> A Hero’s Legacy [Get a Freebie!]

After Dr Gero built Android 19 and designated himself the soon-to-be Android 20, he decided to build one more Android, Android 21, a "support unit" who would both assist his androids from a distance and carry on his knowledge as the greatest scientist and engineer of the Red Ribbon Army.

This last android took an appearance similar to Android 16, who had been modeled after Gero's late son, except 21 was smaller and female, intended to act as a companion as 17 and 18 did to each other.
In fact, protocols were installed to look after and assist 16 in particular... but these protocols were never used, as 16 was activated far ahead of schedule and ultimately destroyed before the two were ever able to meet.
Dr Gero, as Android 20, was also destroyed far in advance of Android 21's activation, and never saw the results of his engineering.

Sometimes things don't work out.

With inspiration from,
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dr._Gero's_son

landlord,game designer, statesman, singer.

> KILL GOKU
> "Jesus, is that gonna be on all the time?! Let me just... altform out of this. There we go. Back to Saiyan."

> Me: "Hey, Goku!"
> Goku: "Oh, hey Kale! Long time no see!"
> Me: "Yep! Hey, did your voice change?"
> Goku: "Oh, yeah, I guess it did! That must be because I got turned back into a kid again."
> Me: "Yeahi'msurethat'swhy."

So, short version, I used my old Saiyan altform from way back in Dragonball and asked to go along with Kid Goku on his Black Star tour for purposes of SCIENCE! Like, that was literally why. I said I thought it'd be fun to study other planets, and Goku's super easygoing about shit like that, so he said sure. Got to meet Pan. She's a nice kid. Doesn't bring a lot to the table, but a nice kid.
I also didn't bring a lot to the table! Other than exposition. I brought a ton of that. Really helps fill out those filler moments, y'know?

Made some jokes and references that only I would understand. Because, hey, you gotta make yourself laugh.
> Me: "Oh my god, Freeza sounds like an old woman."
> Goku: "Hey... ... he does!"
> Frieza: "HOW RUDE!"

And also I kicked Uub in the face.
Like.
Really hard.

Buu was all like, "Uub merge with Buu!", and I was like, "FUCK NO YOU'RE NOT."
And Buu was kindof pissy after that.
But I bought him a store full of cakes later and he was okay with it.

That and the shitloads of power plants and shit I built on that metal planet at the end of the solar system...
S'bout it!

>Not calling your entire Space Marine soul-legion to them, complete with their battleships and Imperial Guard regiments to give the Emperor's Peace to the Iceberg

Moana

You can’t Fix it+200 very annoying.
No One’s Hero+200 you'll soon see why
Get Smoten+400 things to battle. I like battle
life in a coconut shell +300 how does this even work? How am I fitting into this thing?
living legend -400 it's the only real option.
Haka free so my challenges cannot be ignored? Interesting definitely worth more than free! I would pay 300 for this!
ordinary demi-guy -600 I need more of these, perks that let you do legendary things

magic fishhook: import my hook and chain made from The Red Hook and the chains of Hashut-100
magic fishhook: import my sacred treasure -100
iving tattoo: import existing tattoos -200 yeah this is fun, of course this means that my body is finally covered head to toe in ink, but now it's also animate dioramas of some of my greatest deeds As well as the various symbols and markings gifted to me by my wife, the thing that denotes my weak spot, and my moonsilver tattoos As well as a cute little stylized version of me playing around in them. Too bad it's going to be a decade before anyone sees them.
monstrous nature: histrionic free I hate these drawbacks.
a greater gift: life -500 so anyone can be a psychopomp but it takes something special to be the source Of life.
Entrance to Lalotai free for living legend.
Heart of Te Fiti -200 discount for living legend yeah I need more anticorruption stuff.
The plan: decade-long fight sequence, unfortunately I don't get any cool stuff or exp because of an almost critical failure on the loot roll

So, a build then?

Drop-In [Free] Straight outta nowhere
>perks:
“We’re Americans” [Free] 'Murica. Don't question it.
“Draw Me Like Your French Girls” [100] Art is nice.
“I’m The King Of The World!” [200] Apparently obligatory.
“Love Was When I Loved You” [300] Oooh, this is good.
Old Money [100] Manners and looks are nice.
High Society [600] Mr. Iceberg, one of the influential people of the age.
>items:
Bottomless Box of Tissues [Free] Nice.
Finger Paintings [50] Eh, maybe I can do something with them later.
Sketchbook [Free] Oh, these are pretty nice supplies.
Ice Tray [50] Icebergs for everyone!
Liquid Courage [200] This... could be interesting to hand to someone.
Safe [200] Completely impregnable. Cool.
Heart Of The Ocean [300] This is completely useless. But it's shiny.
>companions:
Debutante [100] Well met, fair lady.
>drawbacks:
“It’s Been 84 Years…” [+0] This is going to take a while.
Heart of Ice [+600] Well. One must do questionable things to get a shiny gem.
No Jumper, You Are The Iceberg [+600] I'm an iceberg.

So... I'm an iceberg for the jump. Luckily, I have powers that allow me to still sense and move while an inanimate object. Otherwise it'd really, really suck. Instead of just sucking a little (on account of being inanimate).

Let's see... I'm just an ordinary iceberg sipping martinis despite not have a face or digestive tract (thank you Creepypasta for the No Face thing). Using space-warping to fit my icy bulk in the Titanic's rooms, telekinesis to hold things like my martinis, and self-propelled flight to move.

Now of course, someone might find it weird that an iceberg is taking a voyage on a ship like this...

But it's okay. I put on a fake mustache, and I have a valid ticket. No one suspects a thing.

Also, because I took Heart of Ice mostly to buy a shiny Heart (aside from for the story), I assume that sinking the ship is part of my dastardly plot to steal the Heart. So... that's a thing.

grownup Konata is really pretty...
that makes me wonder is there any romance in your chain Konata?

Ask her about Big Band. And Excalibur.

> is there any romance in your chain Konata?
Nope.

I've never felt anything but platonic affection in my life. And granted, I feel that pretty strongly? But I'm just not into sex or romance, and I can't even really wrap my head around the "waifu" concept.
I'd almost say I'm asexual, except I have a functioning sex drive, and I still like to LOOK, so that's probably not it, either. I don't think tumblr has a word for what I am.

But I'm way more into the whole "nakama" deal, and friendships so strong that it crosses over into family, and things like that. That seems like the best, to me. The best I could ever want for.
So it's kindof tragic that my jumper is so shit at it.
Though if you could imagine her juuuust occasionally doing really kind and selfless things and then getting confused and flustered when everyone calls her on how out-of-character that seems, that'd be great.

Big Band got retconned a long time ago, user. He's been replaced by Nadia, who is more like a sister figure -- who kicks me in the face when I'm bad. It hurts!
Scrappy Doo and Excalibur are still totally canon, though.

I have a question about wakfu.

I watched the first episode of the new season and apparently if a Shushu Guardian dies before passing on Guardianship of their Shushu the Shushu goes free!

I never passed on my Shushu and I have died several times since that jump,does it have CP insurance or something or is it freed?

Well, Wakfu left, so there's no official statement on it. Fanwank responsibly.

Last Airbender's Master Scroll. Y'think it would work with Raava in Korra? Not so much teach the elemental bending but help master it. Sorta like how Aang learned from the waterbending scroll.

Huh, I completely forgot to post my build for Moana a while ago.

Living Legend [400] I shall be The Wind.
>perks:
Haka [Free] Sure.
DISNEY! [Free] Singing!
Consider the Coconut [200] Seems like good thing to know. Also, helping people, maybe?
Spirit Animal [600] Guess I'm gonna collect animal forms now. Seems cool to me.
Shell of Gold [Free] Giant storm elemental?
Monstrous Nature [Free] Swoosh. I like this, being a kind of ineffable force of nature.
A Greater Gift [500] I am become the wind.
>items:
Pet Pig or Chicken [Free] Both? Maybe a three pigs instead of one.
Lagoon [200] I mean, this a really pretty place.
Conch Shells [100] SHELLS FOR EVERYONE!
Living Tattoo [200] I absolutely love this. I'm sure me and the little guy will get along great. I think it'd get a little crowded if I added the stuff aside the mini-me though.
Entrance to Lalotai [Free] ...Okay? Might be cool.
Heart of Te Fiti [200] The Heart of Jumper. It is good.
>individual drawbacks:
YUGE EGO [+100] YUGE I TELL YOU!
Always a Bigger Monster [+200] Well, that's not /too/ bad.
Life in a Coconut Shell [+300] Okay. This seems troubling though.
>global drawbacks:
Hair in the Face [+100] I assume it's leaves in front of my eye-holes? Or do I have wind-hair?
Everything is By Design [+200] Things will progress as they must.
It Calls Me [+100] To the sea!
Without Your Hook, You are Nothing [+300] The Heart, then?

So, uh, the embodiment of the wind is sealed in a coconut. That might be bad. At least I can blow wind through the holes to propel myself across the sea?

Really tempted by Chosen, because the ocean just seems so... fun. Having it(her?) as a helpful force of nature would be damn cool. But ultimately I couldn't resist the allure of attaining more altforms for the collection with Spirit Animal.

I mean, yeah? It details bending forms to study, and the Avatar's bending works just like any other bender's (aside from having all four types).

It'd probably still be easier to learn from an actual teacher though.

In World of Cultivation do Flying Swords have any special properties other than letting you fly by standing on top of them?

>1st spoiler
shlickosexual

They do, depending on the sword and your type of cultivation they also can have elemental properties as well as other abilities such as blood drinking and growth over time depending on how it was forged.

Zuo mos first sword was made of ice for example.

Also the saords can be used sorta telikinetically by sorta floating.

Just stopping by and nice to see a question but I also have bad news, I am probably going to be losing my job here in like 30 minutes or so. If you guys dont hear back from me in a week or so consider all my claims dropped and everything up for adoption.

Me^

First of all good luck I hope it goes well!
Secondly but if you're unemployed you should have more time to devote to jumpmaking right?

Sorry to hear it good luck.

Well damn, good luck with that then.

>I am probably going to be losing my job here in like 30 minutes or so
Well that must suck. Best of luck friend, hope that all works out for you.

You think if I use Energy Eater from Dragonball GT I can steal other flame types in Reborn?

Best wishes friend, hope it does not happen.

No, but you might be able to make the flame you do have stronger.

>No Jumper, You Are The Iceberg
Uhhh. Do we have some protection from melting if we don't actually go to the Caribbean?

Because the iceberg that hit the Titanic was far enough south from the arctic circle that at best, it'd have survived to melt in 1913.

Good luck, hope things work out for the best.

Good luck and hang in there.

Well shit man. I hope that doesn't happen, but good luck finding something else if it does.