So what is the actual explanation for living saints?

So what is the actual explanation for living saints?

The Emperor.

fucking /thread

Emperor infuses an individual with a bit of his power. Basically Demon Princess on a budget as they dont stop being human and while they are immortal its only temporary as their souls will eventually be fed to demons after they have spent their powers.

Romish heathen taint of a pure faith.

Explain how they reappear through time and space?

Trazyn just kidnaps them and send them out when he's in the mood to troll chaos.

Emperor magic.

Nobody told the Orks what happens to the living saints after they get run out of juice? I mean, as far as the greenskins are concerned, Living Saints = Emp's daemons.

And by the power of WAAAAGH!!!, these living saints are able to keep reappearing despite the fact their souls should've been eaten by daemons.

Basically the best way to screw with Chaos is to be near a bunch of Orks and mention living saints on an unsecured line. Orks will realize what a living saint is, and BOOM!! one will show up and start giving Chaos a bad day.

Once again the Old Ones thought of everything when they made the orks.

Emps is making demons, human faith is keeping them alive, and orks are giving them space/time teleportation shenanigans.

It would be the best Sororitas fluff update in at least a decade if they became an army of the Emperor's demons- every bit as inhuman as those of the Ruinous Powers, just on the Imperium's side.

>the Emperor
>demons
Choose one. Also the Emperor doesn't devour souls of His loyal subject and that's the reason for the eternal vigil of living saints, you heretics!

I think the others are running off the idea that all of 'the Warp' is Chaos, and any native of Chaos is, by definition, a daemon.
I'm not a fan of it either, but it's been how canon works for a while now.

What's next? Sisters of Battle are unsanctioned psykers?

Well, technically speaking, psychic powers were banned at the Council of Nikea, so *all* psykers are technically disliked by the Emperor...

Literally ONLY Celestine does that.

Celestine was kinda funny as a saint.

Working with aliums and pissing off ultramarines enough to end up at gunpoint. Also trolls Inquisitors and eventually proves them wrong.

Also preaches less than I expected a holy fucking angel to do so.

Celestine was a fucking repentia as a sister, so she never was a straight shooter. Then she murdered an army, died, and came back to life. Then dug up Katherine's shit and has been murdering shit for the emperor ever since.

At the time they didn't, but Orks have since determined that they, in fact, did.

>their souls should've been eaten by daemons.
This sounds like heresy.

If living saints are indeed the daemons of the Emperor then I wouldn't mind being eaten by cute sister of battle while the big E watches.

Saint Sabbat from the Gaunt series reincarnates, no?

....neither would I, but then, it might have different connotations for me.

celestines a angel of actions, not words.

and the results speak for themselves.

That is some Oscar Gable shit.

>their souls will eventually be fed to demons
You mean the Astronomicon, right? Because since Emp is Emp, and his Godsoul is basically the living mass of Astronomicon, that is what happens when the Living Saints burn out: They return to the emperor.
Its not particularly complex.
I guess if they murder demons, they also deny them the return to the warp, by distilling their essence, and feeding on it.

Nope, fed to the warp. I assume the bit of Emperor power is what allows the Saints to die and remain untouched in the warp and go back to fighting again, eventually it will run out and they will die like rest of the mortals, devoured by demons.

They are saints and are alive.

All incorrect.

It's just basic Warp physics. The faith of the Sororitas has enough influence in the Warp to distort the Materium, hence Acts of Faith. Living Saints are the result of immense, fervent belief being focused on one thing or individual, warping reality and infusing them with supernatural power.

The Emperor ain't doing anything consciously.

>Very little is known of Celestine’s life before she was declared a Living Saint, but following her apotheosis during the Palatine Crusade she became a warrior imbued with the divine power of the Emperor

What part of " imbued with the divine power of the Emperor" do you not understand? Yes faith has a point but ultimately they are given a bit of the Emperor's juice because of their faith, so yeah the Emperor does have a say in who is and isnt becoming a Living Saint.

Did you read that text, its not very aimed or exact.
It can mean several things:
1. Astronomicom is chaotic, and her soul returns there when burned out. So Astronicom is not exactly Heaven
2. She can't actually return to the Astromicon, because she is a Saint, so she will never truly die, and respawn at the emperors will. Hence denied heaven
3. Astronomicon IS heaven, but she gets nommed by the warp, because she burns out the Emperors protection instead of merging once she gets low
4. Once she dies, she falls to the warp(hell), but not as a mortal, which is why she can resurface, because she can resist getting nommed
5. To remain a saint, she must burn out a piece of herself when summoned. So at some point, she is burned and permanently dead, but her shell remains. She also talks about this when she mentions her testament, her will and her mortality as fragments of what they one was

So user, pick one. Warp nomming is unlikely with what you presented.

Agreed, Orks resurrecting Celestine as better than before is an absolutely hilarious concept

At least one of them is.

What if Celestine is a perpetual :^]

Is she working for Cabal?

What part of "not canon at all, you just made that up" do you not understand?

The Emperor hasn't had any say in anything in 10,000 years.

Yep. One of her follower does as well, and there's warp ghosts and similar apparitions in numerous stories.

define "Daemon".

An entity born in the Warp from emotions and thought. Daemons are known to have no souls.

But that's wrong. The Emperor is recreating Celestine and giving her visions of the future.

Nice "argument" fuck face, how about you open a codex once in a while instead of slurping wikipedias?

You realize that the Emperor is crucial to the creation of Astropaths, right? He reshapes their mind in the Soul-Binding ritual - and he's the only being powerful enough to do it.

So obviously, the Emperor does have some power in the Materium, and he can imbue others with a level of power or resistance to the Warp. Ergo, it's not impossible to believe that he could take a single faithful person and turn them into a Living Saint, a conduit of his will and imbued with his power.

Daemon princes, then.

>Daemons are known to have no souls.
Seriously? I would have thought them to be nothing but souls, since pariahs are anathema to everything warp-related and don't have a soul either.
And they can possess spirit stones, too.

Literally never even implied. The Emperor's presence is not even remotely necessary for someone plugged into the psychic shadow of the entire Sororita order's - and more - faith to get visions of the future.

It was pretty explicit that Acts of Faith are combined, focused psychic might, very much like a Waaagh! effect. Living Saints are just extremely potent, sustained Acts of Faith.

No, the vast blossom of psychic energy that suffuses the Golden Throne is necessary for Soul-Binding. The actual ritual isn't performed by the Emperor, it's performed by attendants who plug the potential Astropath into a whole bunch of arcane machinery. We actually have an image of this from, IIRC, 3rd Ed.

We don't even know for sure if any of the Emperor's power is in his corpse. He might very well be just acting a focus for the millions of unsanctioned psyker lives sacrificed to him every day.

You first, moron.

90% propaganda 9% hearsay 1% real deal

My my, someone's upset.

fpbp

Pariah have souls, tho. Fucked up ones, but they have them. Because this fucked up-ness they are called "soulless".

Only AI hasn't. At least if they are not grown ones like the AdMech ones.

Like everything in 40k.

>We don't even know for sure if any of the Emperor's power is in his corpse.
Inquisitor omnibus. Big E has at least enough power left to keep watch over his realm while stopping time in the palace and also having a chat with an Inquisitor. And feeling lonely as fuck.

The Emperor is the future fifth Chaos god.

That's what he always wanted. As he was / is now he's weaker than the other four, but if he were to succeed he would be more powerful than all.

Those are Emperor demon princesses and acts of faith related do physical phenomena are just warp manifestations of daemonhood

Warp god perharps, but chaos god is unlikely

Chaos god of light order and conquest.

The biblical antichrist

Warp =/= Chaos.

He'd be a warp god. Not a chaos god.

Its like you don't understand what Gork and Mork, Istar, or Malalh is.I fucked up remember all those names i think. Bless the waghhhh
The Big 4 is weaker than Gork and Mork. Just remember that.

I think you mean Isha. Also is actually correct, both the Eldar gods and the ork ones are psychic beings/constructs as well, and i'm fairly certain they are not chaos gods.

>and i'm fairly certain they are not chaos gods

It's currently unknown. It has had several different interpretations from various sources, ranging from sororitas/imperial faith being concentrated into heroes until they start performing miracles and throwing doves around etc to being the Emperor giving a mortal soul power in the same manner as a chaos god sticking his daemon-dick into a soon-to-be daemon prince. There's also the ever-present 'the orks did it' and similar possibilities. Then theres the fact that the only Living Saint examined in much detail for two decades is Celestine, and her whole resurrecting thing, as far as we can tell, is unique to her.

Sabbat has come back at least twice.

>The Emperor hasn't had any say in anything in 10,000 years.
The Emperor talked to Guilliman in person

How do you explain what happened at the end of the Age of Apostasy then?