Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Death guard Now Edition

Last thread
>Death Guard stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/07/codex-focus-death-guard-part-2-special-rules-and-psychic-powers-sep-7gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign, fucken rigged
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/C0BbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

imgur.com/a/C0BbU
SO MUCH AWE

I live the way the biologus' racks of vials echo fly wings.

its a bit wet outside, how bad is it to dry my primed models inside boys?

>imgur.com/a/C0BbU
dayum

I guess you're right since it looks a lot better. I hereby decree this be the dreadnought thread. Post dreadnoughts. Chaos or regular. I'll start with an old Chaos dread.

Cute! CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

>Fleshmower
Man they are really taking the whole garden and farming implements to a new level.

Just leave them outside anyway. They'll need more time, but it's still a better choice. Take them inside and the smell will start to permeate the room.

I put them in my bathroom near the vent.

Tallyman got his cute scroll helper from the video!

How do SM rapiers perform in 8th?
Building a competitive list

Very nice.

DG stuff from previous thread.

Believe it or not, it actually kind of makes sense. It could be used to just run along the battlefield creating wounds on corpses to speed up the rate at which the battlefield is infected. But knowing GW, it's probably used to till soil or something.

I just don't see the appeal of an army that moves slower than kooter brown on a 3 day drunk.

Rapeotiller

I remember reading somewhere Nurgle has Soul Grinders trim his garden paths.

Or just opening gashes in the living to let the plagues to take root.

Based on Morty's Trait, Magnus will probably have something like:

>Arch-Sorcerer: Friendly Thousand Sons unit within 9" can reroll failed Psychic tests

But... that's literally what everything else in the army does. And it's not even mutually exclusive with what I said.

Or maybe reroll it if they peril.

Sounds fine to me.

>hello I'll be your doc for today, what seems to be the problem?

Smells a bit, but unless your ventilation is effectively non-existent it shouldn't be a problem.

I tried that once. Rubbish. If you want to prime by airbrush then Stynylrez, aka Ultimate Primer, works much better.

Pretty boring, but okay.

I'd prefer a bonus to the manifestation. It'd be cool if he granted an additional dice when rolling to manifest. Makes it a lot easier to get perils, but also much more powerful magically.

Problem is Magni is going to be in the middle of the enemy while everyone else is going
>Jeez Dad, chill the fuck out. You can't inspire us not to fuck up if you're way the fuck over there

I'd be happy with that as a trait.

What's his trait?

Reroll any To Wound roll made by Plague weapon within 7" from Mortarion.

You can also have DP with that and reroll 1s aura for shooty DG.

Or just a cheap Chaos Lord.

Since this is now the dread thread and there's DG now.

>I tried that once. Rubbish. If you want to prime by airbrush then Stynylrez, aka Ultimate Primer, works much better.
I brush it on. Works great.

Yeah. They don't get DR, but for like 100pts you can get your gunline to hit on 3s rerolling1s and reroll their Wound rolls. It's really strong, actually.

im on the 4th floor, so just put them back outside on the balcony, just paranoid of leaves and birds fucking them up.

It's a real shame that old school Chaos dreads are gone. Remove Hellbrutes.

They could be replaced by better looking Helbrute equivalents. They just weren't. Part of the whole "abandoning 40k" trend from Forgeworld.

Thoughts on Mortarion so far? He seems like a very well rounded combat beast and force multiplier. Not as buggy as Roboute, not as strong psychically or against big dudes as Magnus but decent at both and quite good at clearing chaff too.

I refuse to accept that. Remove pigdog Hellbrutes.

Whenever I see the holy numbers implemented as part of the crunch I immediately get skeptical.

So now that we've seen his rules, how do you delete Mortarion from the table?

My creamy skin is smooth and free of blemishes, is there anything you can do?

Brutally undercosted, as expected. Lots of combo potential(rapid-fire bolters wound elves on 2s) but he is a beast on his own.

Expect a lot of Changeling, 3xHerald, 60xBrims, Magnus, Morty and a Knight lists.

Same as with Magnus - try to shoot him off the table before he does too much damage. Or lose.

Shame, Blightbringer with a handswap and an apothecary arm would look better than this.

Pigdog? You mean the one from Dark Vengeance? The multi-part version actually still looks mostly mechanical, it's only a little bit fleshier than the chaos dreads. But chaos does also use dreadnoughts, and I wish Forgeworld or GW would acknowledge that with maybe an upgrade kit for a regular space marine dreadnought or something.

>3 attacks per attack hitting at S8 AP-2
FOUR HUNDRED AND

SEVENTY

FIVE

P O I N T S

I guess make Hellbrutes slightly cheaper and give them some Chaos-y rules.

It's the rubber it turns into I less than happy with. Arse if you want to sand it, and if the paint gets damaged it'll start peeling off instead of just making a chip.

You forgot

>hitting on 2s rerolling 1s
>reroling wound rolls
>-1T aura
>generating additional hits on 6s vs Imperium
>having access to power that gives you +1 to wound and causes mortal wound on 7+

kinda makes me wanna start death guard

He could easily make those points back, but it does allow for a skilled opponent to beat him. I think that's fair.

So the maths is that he doesn't miss or fail to wound most things kek

Well I never thought I'd say it but they added enough units to Death Guard that they really are justified as their own faction now. I'm really interested to see how they plan on stretching the Thousand Sons. I expect to see a lot of Cultists and Heldrakes popping up in their gallery section...

Against Marines:
>18 attacks
>20.4 hit
>19.83 wound
>13.22 unsaved

TSons really only need bunch of units to support Magnus.

Which way

Top one makes more sense for a flamethrower, but then again, orkz

>greentexting on the B&C
ffs marshal

I guess I've never had a model I needed to sand after priming. I also haven't had issues with wearing. Although I do try to leave it for a full day to completely cure.

If I magnetized a dreadnought, how much should I sell it for?

We're not here to answer your shitty contextless commission questions

long barrel is loooong

Unpainted? Probably a bit under fully discounted retail(i.e. 80%). Unless someone is specifically commissioning you to do something it's much better to just sell is NIB. Buyers tend not to trust other people's work and wont pay extra for it.

20% less than RRP unpainted.

>the Nurgling wearing a marine helmet
Holy fucking cute

>Tallyman
>Seven fold Chant: if army is battleforged, roll 2D6 everytime you spent a a strategem, and if you get a 7 on those 2D6 you get the command points you spent on a stratagem refunded

Tallyman actually fudges the numbers.

Link to sauce pls?

RIP, my faithful wallet.

You were always there to buy the stuff I wanted. A friend that I could truly depend on. I just wished I had said something before it was too late.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

pic?

Sauce me bro.

Battleforged DG army can't get Hereticus spells, i think.

Shit that's an adorable nurgling.

>People WILL defend GW not releasing a multi-kit plastic Plague Marine set on its own

lmao nice options you have there oh wait... We have shitty metal models still

What's cuter is that the Plague Marine took it off and gave it to the little guy

Sure you can. Battle forged just means your army is all in detachments.

Can anyone go through MWG video and post sheets screenshots.

that's what you deserve heretic scum

How fucking retarded

Nurglings a cute!

CUTE!

They will be releasing them, you dumb shit.

What are you on about? A Multi-part PM kit is coming.

>t-they will release them s-soon

Imagine defending a CORE army choice not being updated upon release

>this level of backtracking
Get fucked

You forgot your cheetah you fag. Now stop shitposting.

F

That's not what you said, user. You said no multipart plastic kits at all. You dumb fuck.

Intercessors came out two weeks or so after the codex. You're bitching about literally nothing.

When does the DG codex release?

why didnt I think to write the points down in my book....

there's going to be like 50 unique Death guard infantry and character models by the end of this ( not including the 16 Poxwalkers)

Next Saturday.

Fuck off and die, faggot.

Im literally going to burn my army. Fuck you GW, fuck you. I went out and bought so many damn guardsmen and now you release bullshit undercosted primarchs. 18 ATTACKS? How is that balanced in any way. Did you even playtest this bullshit.

Enjoy your non plastic plague marines :^)

What does this guy do?

I get the grenadier/mad scientist guy, the sorceror, the surgeon, the tallyman.

but what does horse face do?

cuuute

These DG units will make fine enemies.

RIP user's Wallet

Cut down in the prime of life. We hardly knew ye.