Pathfinder General /pfg/

Dagger of Healing Edition

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

>Really Ameiko?
>Gnolls?

>no question

Tell me about your last level up, /pfg/. What cool stuff did you get? What cool thing are you one step closer to? How complicated are your level ups? How long did it take you? What are you still looking forward to?

In hindsight, my last level was pretty lame, it was just a barrel of +1's. But, Mixed Combat soon, fellow Stalker!

Friday just leveled up to 5!

Does anyone have DHB's essential items for traveling list?

i wish i was happy.

You and me both friend

But why?

Why what?

A spirit guardian to possess her blade and bolster its deadliness against her monstrous foes!

Is there an upload of the legendary gunslinger playtest besides the official PDF? I need to refer to it but it's been closed down.

I want to travel with Dreadfully Handsome Boy~

Daily reminder that Sohei1/Enlightened Paladin6 is fun as fuck and I'm having a blast.

How does holy champion feature (20th level Paladin) works on an Enlightened Paladin, you don't have Smite Evil anymore

I haven't leveled in a long time. Next level doesn't bring much. Uncanny Dodge so I don't get flatfeet. Level after that is when a few things turn on, including 2 more attacks, which should spike my damage pretty nicely.

An exciting time for initiators, I hear! A shame for 6th level initiators and noon initiators though. Any cool stances and stuff people are gunning for?

What kinds of foes? What's the spirit guardian like? Do you get along with them?

That part is just dead. You still get the DR and the bit about max healing.

Kek, that archetype is borked as fuck, at first sight you see that it removes several stuff that doesn't tell you they got removed (like good spells that need Good Aura and Smite). I mean, congrats if you're having fun, but you're giving way more than what you're reciving. Is not Holy Gun, but damn if it isn't close.

So anons, who here did Charisma as a dump stat and actually played their character as socially inept and not gone the 'I just don't speak.' route?

I haven't, but I once did that with Int. The Investigator tried to share some schematics for a gatling gun with my 8 Int Inquisitor, who's response was to just stare at it for a minute then go "what the hells am I looking at? Is this Elvish script or something"

makes me wanna play a Vitalist with dumped Charisma. just make them incredibly shy, yet since they're the healer, the Party loves them regardless.

Access to his first lvl3 extract, one extra die of bomb damage and much, much fastery alchemical item creation. Still not many formulae, but the party wizard might be willing to write up a few scrolls of his known spells for him to convert, so that's bound to expand soon enough.
Now that i've got everything else i need, every level up from now on is just going to be either an upgrade to bomb damage or a new bomb discovery, so those are bound to be quick

I wish there were gold-to-exp rules in PF, because he's lagging a bit behind the rest of the party but if everything goes right next session his "business venture" should net him around 12k gold in just a few hours, and that's more than half the expected character wealth for a level 7 PC

That's a pretty good one.
I may try that with a barbarian or something similar.

Depending on how you play the shy, that could work

I don't usually dump Cha (or any stat below 10) but once played a ranger (with 8 on Cha) as a coarse, harsh and arrogant dude.

>What kinds of foes?
Hideous monsters and deranged madmen!
>What's the spirit guardian like?
I don't know yet since level up happened recently, but I hope it's friendly
>Do you get along with them?
See previous

Made a monk with 8 in CHA and fluffed him as always having been sheltered during his upbringing since he grew up in the monastery, being trained by his master or spending long periods of time transcribing books, so he never developed good social skills. Roleplayed him by stuttering somewhat heavily and having to repeat the same word several times in a row, but the rest of my group DM excluded didn't catch on and just thought i was acting dumber than usual

It's not an immense dump stat whenever it is, but I try to play it off as different little things that turn people off. Maybe they're overly harsh and swear all the time, perhaps they have a nervous tic that they do all the time, or perhaps they're just nervous and bad with words.

Constant fidgeting is usually easy to keep up with, though I have to be careful not to mention it too much lest it become obnoxious.

I'm usually that way too but I dumped Cha for a guy and stuck with it.

I'm also doing a Bard that's higher up the food chain for a Curse of the Crimson Throne campaign and I'll be playing her as Haughty.

Yeah, that could be troublesome.

I also wonder how many people that dump CHA actually make them ugly.

The Dwarf I did it with wasn't exactly flat out ugly but he did have a dad bod/portly look to him.

On multiple occasions, actually. One was semi-emotionless and blunt, and didn't really like people. The current one loves to talk, but she's just bad at knowing what not to say, so people think she's crass, dumb muscle. People liked the former because she was logical and solved their stupid drama when they bugged her. People like the latter because she's really good at her job.

Yeah, you gotta find this sweet spot.

That's fairly fun to do.
I enjoy doing the latter and then forcing a conversation if the party doesn't take the lead real quick.

One thing I don't think I've ever seen, and I'm tempted to do some time, is do Dex as a dump stat.

Who here has given their character high Charisma and played them as socially skilled, instead of just the "I'm a slut" type?

Hello, dump stat charisma with orator and other drop in and drops outs here. 28 linguistics as of level 12. I have no social presence and usually over-analyze or talk in circles while detailing what I mean. Usually coming off with a boring but convincing way of talking. When you've done nothing but converse with your own shadow and rot in a abandoned library you end up that way as it turns out.

Why not both?

i once Played a Paladin who, through usage of the Brevoy Bandit Trait, was a really good Psychologist/Therapist. that was pretty fun. Imagine fighting a Holy Warrior who you think is stupid beyond measure. but during the fight....he Talks. and he finds out exactly what makes you tick. and before you know it....you're sitting on a couch with the man listening to all of your life's problems and getting sound advice as to how to deal with it.

That's what I'm doing with a Bard.

Nice.

Several occasions, once again. I've actually never played a character as a slut.

Skald with high charisma played as a party guy with an infectious smile.

Sorc with a primal sort of charisma. When he entered a room, others were sure to take notice.

Bard with a voice as smooth as silk. She loved wordplay, and telling jokes. Others were drawn to her beautiful singing.

Lady adept at reading and leading others. She was a bit of a team mom.

Me.

I never played a slut, not even as a bard

Orator is fun. Low cha high int linguist who hated people, and would often deride them when they deemed his time so unimportant that they would waste it by trying to string more than two monosyllabic words together in a gross mockery of speech. He had respect for those that spoke more than one tongue, unless they used magic to achieve it, or they spoke one of the lower languages, such as Catfolk. He handed out some of the most savage insults I've ever used IC, though he could suck up to others incredibly well, and would do so if it were in the party's best interest.

>some of the most savage insults I've ever used IC
gib examples pls

They were specific to the people, usually. And I was tipsy, so it was kinda stream-of- thought. Sorrymasen

Anyone have any experience using the Fiendish Transformation specifically with a succubus?

There can be no apology you shameless deceiver.

I should have saved the logs...

Why are extracts so much more interesting than spells?

they actually make sense in the vancian system

>Even Speedwagon is anguished

Our group decided to use the verbal duel rules for the first time in our game

oh man does it feel weird

Last level I got a +1 Natural bonus to AC, DR 1/Magic, and at-will cantrips from a bunch of different spell-lists!

Thanks, Dastardly Hell Bandit!

Whoops, didn't finish the whole list of questions. I'm one step closer to being able to use Large weapons and riding on my dragon-mount. Level-ups are really quick, since even though my character's got two lists they have to pick and choose from, most of them are pretty obvious choices and the ones that aren't are generally "anything you choose will be at least decent".

>tfw you used to travel DHB-style, but you've slowly packed less and less on characters over the years

Am I curing my autism?

Never played a 'slut'. Even when I played a bard I was a trug trafficker and con man, not a slut.

Why not both? My current high Cha wizard (24 Cha at level 11) is socially talented, highly diplomatic, and an insatiable slut. Sorta comes with the territory of being Nocticula's daughter.

I dumped charisma as hard as I could on an investigator in order to play pic related

When a Living Monolith 5 with a ka stone uses their Soul Stone ability to gain the benefits of Righteous Might, should the duration be as that spell (1 round/level) or as the previously used Enlarge Person (1 minute/level)?

I'm kinda new to Pathfinder and I'm gonna be joining a game hosted by a friend of mine next week, got curious what class you guys would recommend for someone who likes melee combat and pretty much blocking enemies from advancing to my party.

My low-CHA characters tend to be less "stuttering" or "silent" and more "rude to everyone constantly."

I played it as abraisive. He was a 7 charisma mercenary. Fantastic at his job, but highly unlikely. He was respected and even feared, but if you talked to him you realized he was kind of a piece of shit.

Is traveling DHB style bad? Or is he just a harmless autist?

Also do we have any word on intrigue game?

Well believe it or not, having all that equipment rarely ever actually helps until it does. There's a lot of things that lists like that just can't circumvent, but you will at least have a lot more conveniences and random tools (shovels, candles, etc.) to make your trip go more smoothly.

He's a helpful autist, but an autist nonetheless.

i dont play pathfinder but i do play pox nora and i like your image, OP

7 Charisma occultist who while not socially inept is about as rough as coarse sand when it comes to being anything other than a condescending and foul mouthed prick despite being polite.

Fighter with polearms, take the feat that allows you to attack your adjacent squares and combat reflexes. Anything trying to move past you will provoke an attack from you, plus it's easy to understand
Did they tell you anything about the campaign you'll be running?

Alright thanks I'll take a look at that, and not really, he said it was going to at the very least start as mercenary work and then go from there since the others playing are also fairly new to table top games but they are all picking back line type characters.

Barbarian with a Lucerne Hammer, Combat Reflexes, Come and Get ME reage power, Bodyguard, and Combat PAtrol

Checking in on /pfg/ after a month or so, what's the memegame scene looking like? Did all that autism get dumped onto /sfg/?

What does it mean to be like him and then stop being like him over time?

You've learned to stop worrying so much and love in-game mishaps?

Maybe so. I tend to play more endearing characters now too.

>Everyone sits down at the table
>Everyone introduces their characters
>It gets to user
>What are you playing?
>Oh I'm gonna be playing a weretiger monk this game
>everyone elses faces when
I hope they're ready for this bullshit

>monk
As long as its core, It should be no more dangerous than a Nat.Attack Barbarian

Do Shoanti girls have womb tattoos?

5 Charisma LN verging on LE Monk.
Told everyone exactly what he thought of them. Didn't hold back when asked to give his opinion on anything.
Frequently got into fights within the group over the next course of action to take when he believed they were acting like retards.
Still tried to be diplomatic with a total of -3.

Tell us about the magic systems in your campaign, /pfg/!

In the campaign I'm a player in, most casters use Spherecasting and are locked into certain casting traditions depending on the region they're from, with the occasional Veilweaver scattered here and there. The gothic campaign I'm currently GMing makes heavy use of Strange Magic, Pactmaking, and good old fashioned alchemy.

Eventually, but at level 1 I have 30 STR and a bunch of other stats so early game is gonna be good. Eventually though it'll start to suck

That's half the fun of low charisma.

Nothing better than telling them that they are doing things wrong while also implying they are idiots.

Do you not have character creation rules set before the game? Why would an oddball furry monk be a surprise if the rules don't stop it?

Level adjustment will fuck me in the ass further down the line so I might be retarded but when I'm a level 1 monk while everyone else is level 4 etc etc. Class skills will eventually outweigh my retarded stats

Magic items will let you catch up in other ways, don't worry
How's your HP doing?

>DM allowing templates
he got what he asked for

Starfinder doesn't have enough material to support memegames.

The first memegame should be coming online this November, on the anniversary of Rise of the Jade Regent.

Actually, I've got a question on this.

Has anyone here played Jade Regent and, if so, is it as bad as everyone says it is and/or can it be salvaged?

It's pretty okay so far

commoner build plz

It's been pretty solid so far, though we've only gotten to what I figure is Act 2 of Book 1.

>As bad as everyone says it is

I was under the impression it was one of the better-received APs-everyone agrees that the Caravan rules are hot garbage and should be ignored, but the rest of it is pretty good.

Major issues I've heard, beyond Caravan rules, is with the Main NPCs of the campaign.

Granted, I've been too busy running Kingmaker to dig into it too much but I've tended to hear negative remarks about that campaign.

The AP has an admittedly ponderous start, but everything once you hit Brinewall Castle is fantastic, with the AP really hitting it's stride by the time you enter Tian Xia in Book 4.

The time you spend in Hongal is downright magical.

Weapon Focus: Club and beat yourself to death before the rats get you.

Thanks to using the weretiger HD I got 6d8 to roll so I'm sitting at 50 HP and the rest of the party is like 8 HP
I mean yah, if this campaign doesn't last long it'll be great for me

How the fuck are they at 8 HP at level 4 you shitter?

Level 4 spells and Augment Summons on my Cleric, now I'm wrecking shit with Celestial Tigers.

No, they're level 1
I have 3+ LA

>30 STR at Lvl 1
Unless the dm threw you a bone there's no reason for you to have it that high.

Well I have 18, but when shifting into hybrid form as a weretiger I have +12 STR which puts me at 30

Lycanthrope template only gives you +2 STR