Game Finder Thread

Ain't nobody run WFRP anymore edition.

>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/gEPb3x8
discord.gg/fxh4zEK
discord.gg/A2yX7Fz
drivethrurpg.com/product/221038/INDEX-CARD-RPG-Free-Quickstart
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Isn't WFRP 3e a legitimate boardgame with chits and other physical pieces now?

I remember playing WFRP 2e's early careers fondly, but it got out of control pretty fast if you stumbled around the right careers with good advances.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Savage Worlds, potentially D&D 5e
Friday evenings, GMT
Roll20 up front, Discord in the back.
>Contact Info
Azgoth#0407
>Additional Notes
You are recruits, hopefuls and cadets in one of the world's most famed fighting forces - the Ibernian Royal Legion. The only standing force in an otherwise feudal army, the Legion is the long arm of the royal family of the Kingdom of Ibern. Made up of mercenaries, heroes and nobles from foreign lands, they are bodyguards, a vanguard, the great Ibernian spearhead that the feudal lords rally around. Numbering up to a thousand during wartime and perhaps only six hundred in peace, the Royal Legion only takes the most promising of trainees.

You are one of them - and what's more, your commander sees promise enough in you to have asked that you be sent on a special assignment for the good of the realm. Woken in the night, you were given orders to prepare your equipment and travel with all haste to meet a mysterious contact under shady circumstances, in a shady little inn, in a shady little town along the eastern border...

3e was trashy boardgame stuff that barely anyone played, yeah.
2e's still good, and we've got the next edition to look forward to soon where things'll be going back to how they ought to be.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
RuneQuest 6e with house generation rules from ASOIAF RPG.
PST Weekend midday
Discord
>Contact Info
discord.gg/gEPb3x8
>Additional Notes
Low fantasy campaign where you be playing as a noble of a house sent to peace talks in the hopes of ending a deadly civil war. Join if this sounds interesting to you.

>Player
>System Preferred
5E
Weekends GMT -5
roll20
>Contact Info
Lord Dickus#5955
>Additional Notes
Nothing much really. I'm willing to play in every setting

Sent request

I sent you a request, though I'd prefer 5e honestly. Just a bit desperate.

There was a DM in the last thread who was trying to get a game together at:
I think you might be interested in it. I am.

>Player
>System Preferred
5E 3.5E
>Times Available
Wednesday 6 PM MST Weekends at any time.
>Method of Play
Discord or Roll 20
>Contact Info
B2brawler#4120
>Additional Notes
Anything is fine. For roll 20 its been awhile so I'm a bit rusty with it.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Dungeon World
Weeknights except Monday, PST / UTC−8
Anything works. Skype, IRC, even Discord
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I would really love to run a Dungeon World game in the Warhammer Fantasy world, or in the Holy Roman Empire in the Interregnum (i.e. medieval period of when robber barons and banditry flourished due to the lack of an emperor). That said, I'm open to most settings or ideas

Bump

Any storytimes from Gamefinder to share?

One time I indirectly found a Shadowrun game here, how's that for a story?

WFRP 3e is a great RPG just done differently, using lots of cards and stuff instead of books.

Instead of looking up what your ability, wound, spell or disease does in a book, you look on the card in front of you on your sheet.

It's a lot of fun if you like the setting and are willing to give it a try.

Anyone play Apocalypse World or AW: Fallen Empires?

Reminder that you will never, ever play in a SR game.

Joke's on you nigger, I have one in five hours.

>GM/Player
Would rather play, but not against GMing if necessary
>System Preferred
WFRP 2e
PST. Sundays and most evenings during the week
IRC or Discord, only interested in text games
>Contact Info
Suggins#9950 (Discord)
[email protected] (email)
>Additional Notes
Got one interested person in the WFRP Discord channel. If we can get at least two other people interested we can start seriously talking about getting something going

>GM/Player
Newb GM

>System Preferred
Shadowrun 4e

TBD, probably late night PDT -7

Discord for VoiP, MapTool for battlemaps.

>Contact Info
Dustyny on steam, Dustyny#3970 on Discord

>Additional Notes
Solving for 4-5 players. Would probably use a premade mission at first, possibly a short series. Haven't GM'd SR before, but would like to. Lean black trenchcoat, but tone will be discussed with potential players.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
I have the current game planned in Hillfolk, unless an user has a system that would be better suited to the game.
I'd hope to do this as a play-by-post or something similar, since I don't exactly have a mic or anything
discord.gg/fxh4zEK
>Contact Info
See Above
>Additional Notes

The campaign is roughly planned out, I just need players. Essentially, the players would all be major members of political factions at the end of the rule of a Great Power- in this case, the Haasenplatz Empire. Standing for over a thousand years, the Empire has undergone four-hundred years of decline, its dominance over the continent turning slowly into something close to obscurity. It still holds vast swathes of land, but the Novorian Orcs to the East, the Zaragozan Elves to the South, the Auerburgan Empire to the North, and the Second Ulmite Republic to the West have all eclipsed the Haasenplatz Empire.

Players will control a major player in the politics of the nation. The last Emperor, a complete incompetent, has died in battle against the dictatorial head of the Second Ulmite Republic, Consul James Blythe, who united the Ulmites after their second revolution. This forced the Haasenplatz into a disastrous, shameful peace which gave land, money, and diplomatic favor to the Ulmites. The political situation is split, with the Lower House of the Senat forced between the Monarchists, the Farnasians (Monarchists for a different branch of the family), and Republicans. Players would be major figures in one of these factions or the military, trying to outmaneuver their opponents before the civil war. It'd been 99% talking and maybe 1% historical wargames if the civil war actually does start.

Yeah this is a super-niche campaign but I've wanted to run it for years.

Can you actually plan out a Hillfolk game? I thought it was basically structured improv? That said I would love to play but I am totally overcommitted to various games.

It sorta is structured improv, but I have a series of outside political events and NPCs that would force the players to respond. One thing that will happen is that foreign NPCs will promise their government's support if certain promises can be made.

Mainly, though, I want the drama of the game to come from players trying to outmaneuver each other- the Crown-Prince dismissing Parliament, but the Parliamentarians organizing a mob, that sort of thing. And, of course, the eventual civil war.

Again, Hillfolk is just the system I've sorta got in mind. If anyone has a system that'd work better, I'm all ears.

Rise!

Full wolf army, is it playable?

Sounds groovy. How much prep would I need to do beforehand?

>System
ASOIAF RPG (Game of Thrones Edition)

>Times Set
10am GMT-5 (3pm GMT)

Roll20, with Discord server for OOC, chargen and the likes.

>Voice or text
Text

>Contact Info/Discord Room Link
discord.gg/A2yX7Fz

>Additional Notes
Rather standard sort of ASOIAFRPG game, although most likely less gritty than usual. Looking for 1-2 more players since one of ours isn't able to play. Current plan is to start under a House of Dorne, but that's still open to change.

Sounds interesting. I haven't used hillfolk before, but from what it sounds like there really isn't much stats or mechanics just going to be a large amount of pure RP, so would you be fine with a player who hasn't used the system?

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Marvel Heroic
Tonight - Sunday Evening
GMT+1

Discord
Voice/Text
>Contact Info
Royting#0941

>Additional Notes

One-shot of the Marvel Heroic system as a testing platform/testrun for a longer game, play for fun type of evening
looking for a max of 4 people.

Not much, pretty much just brushing up on the setting I've got and the admittedly very limited rules of Hillfolk.

To be entirely honest, I've never used it either, so this'll be interesting either way.

>4e
>not text only
Pass.

>complain about not being able to find SR games
>here, an SR game
>ew, no
I wonder why
:thinking:

sent a friendo requesto, waiting on a replyo

>GM/Player
DM
>System
DND 5e
>Time
Tuesday, 8pm EST
>Method of Play
Discord (voice - not required to speak), Roll20 (text roleplay)
>Contact Info
Ral#7222
>Additional Notes

Generic D&D romp on the Sword Coast. Never run Forgotten Realms before, so I've got a lot to learn. Need 3-4 players at the moment.

If we're playing tonight imma need you to accept that friend request tonight.

fair warning, last game he GMed this guy up and disappeared right before the second session and went zero contact despite coming online until everyone left

How do I get players for 4e that aren't powergamers / munchkins?

The system breeds it. Generally building an optimal character is essential to having an enjoyable game, because you're stymied by how the actual difficulty curve of the game functions.

And I don't even know if you're talking about D&D or SR.

Hi guys, we've got a few players for a WHFR 2e game on Discord but we could use one or two more, if you're interested please message me at Dave#1781

I want a text only 5e SR game. What's so hard to get about that?

Have you ever even played/GMed an SR game entirely in real time text?

Good luck with that you dumb fuck.

Also, is it just me or do these "text only" guys have the highest chance of being the most awful players? Socially awkward morons, the lot of them.

You bet I have. I've played in multiple of them, but I want more. I want one that doesn't get flaked to death. I haven't been able to play any SR at all in over a year.

Why do you voicefags sperg out whenever a text only player walks into the room? Piss off.

I've had pretty bad experiences with text only, and with Shadowrun it doesn't really seem feasible. The problem isn't just that people are awkward, it's also that the people who want text only can't even type fast, so they take like a full minute to type one sentence.
Text only is just for turbo-autists or games where the rules don't matter much at all.

I've played a fair amount of both, both are fine for different things.

Quit being fucking babies.

>GM/Player
GM for ICRPG, Player for the rest
>System Preferred
Index Card RPG / ICRPG drivethrurpg.com/product/221038/INDEX-CARD-RPG-Free-Quickstart
Dungeon Crawl Classics, 13th Age, Shadowrun, Dungeon World, stuff like that
GMT-4 Weekdays: afternoon-evening. Weekends: all day/night.
>Text or Voice
Text please! I may muster the courage to speak with the right group.
IRC!
>Contact Info
pocketroid [at) gmail dotcom
>Additional Notes
Rules light, narrative-driven, hacks/homebrew, independent. If you actually use IRC, send an email my way and we'll get something going! Open to most ideas, I just want to play! I'll also throw these out there as bait:

Torchbearer, Blades in the Dark, Far Away Land, FATE, Hot Springs Island, Legend of the Five Rings, Lord of the Rings, Mouse Guard, One Roll Engine, Pokémon, Rifts, Swords and Wizardry, Symbaroum, The Strange, 7th Sea, Tales from the Loop, Fall of Magic

I sent you an email.

Shadowrun is only an issue with text if your players or GM are tards and don't know the fucking rules, which I'll admit it has a higher risk of then most RPGs.
Other then that, text is easy as fuck to run, you must have had some real shit groups.

>GM/Player
Players looking for GM
>System Preferred
DnD 5e
Monday nights 12pm EST
Roll20 voice and cam required
>Contact Info
NonBinary#1666 on discord
>Additional Notes

Looking for a DM to run Tomb of Annihilation for us on roll20. We can't help pay for the cost of the purchase but we can guarantee an unforgettable experience!

Please only apply if you have at least 3 years DM experience. Also, please don't apply if you're a bigot. We're all open minded players just looking to have a good time. Please respect pronouns, give ample time for trigger warnings, etc.

Thanks in advance 4channel, we've heard you're very good when it comes to tabletop.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
D&D 4e
Friday, Saturday and Sunday Afternoon/Evening. Timezone - BRT
roll20 up front, Discord in the back
>Contact Info
GPuzzle#1804
>Additional Notes
You wake up one day and you can hear someone speaking in your head. It sounds completely unlike anything you've heard, but weirdly familiar, like an old friend. It warns you that a big event is going to happen a week from now. And you must stop it. Not alone, of course. That would be retarded.

Pulpy as it gets, tight strategic combat that shouldn't take too long (2 minute round timer), and pretty much a straightforward narrative.

There's something more than a little wrong with a fully grown man that dies his hair pink.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Really no preferred ones, just familar with Shadowrun, WoD, Pathfinder, Monsterhearts to name a few. Always open to learn a new system.
PST Usually after 4 PM, mostly free on the weekends.
Roll20 for gaming, discord i always good for voice chat for gaming. Ehh, IRC/Skype is completely needed.
>Contact Info
Geist#3148
>Additional Notes

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Force and Destiny
It will vary from week to week because of my shitty schedule but after 7pm EST on the nights we play
Discord and roll20 if I'm not too stupid to get it working (we'll see, im pretty dumb)
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I have one player already but am looking for 2-3 more. We will hold a session 0 on discord.

Get ready for archeological romps through temples and force entwined areas looking for artifacts and jedi secrets!

>GM/Player
Player.
>System Preferred
I've had experience with quite a few, but I prefer Pathfinder, GURPS and DnD 3.5/5e. Though, I'll play anything if you can give me time to get the hang of it.
I'm available pretty much any day of the week except Thursday, preferably in the evenings. GMT -4
I will acquire whatever you need for me to play, I already have Skype and roll20.
>Contact Info
Free Roamer#6136
>Additional Notes
I'm looking to get back into this kinda thing after putting it down for a few years, so I'm definitely rusty.

Well pink hair could actually look cute in a gay way.
Pink hair combed to one side, with a full beard and exaggerated orthopedic glasses....
I think he might be living bait.

Especially after the whole "pronouns are she/her kthx" thing.
Why not just say that she's a girl.

She/her are girl pronouns so if she uses those clearly she considers herself one.
Not stating that and just going with the pronoun shit is clearly just bait.

>Timezone - BRT
...Brazilian.... Rainforest Time?

>GM/Player
Playter
>System Preferred
Starfinder
GMT -5
Discord/Roll20
>Contact Info
Jeff Belinger #6987
>Additional Notes
NO TEXT GAMES, VOICE ONLY.