Runequest 6/ Mythras

Anyone here play it? It seems like a great system although it doesn't get the attention it deserves on Veeky Forums.
Do you use Glorantha or your own settings?
Planning on running a game set in a slowly dying world, drawing from classical mythology and post Bronze Age collapse history.
Anyone interested is welcome to join, here is the discord
discord.gg/SBS6et

General runequest discussion thread as well

i want to play classic fantasy

Still reading it. Looks good so far.

OP here, just in case there is any further interest in the game that I am running, it is on Sundays at GMT+2 19:00

I don't use Glorantha, but I've run two RuneQuest 6 games. I personally love the system, especially after taking the time to ask rules questions on their forums.

I really want to run Classic Fantasy badly, but my group bounces around systems a lot and I don't think we will come back to Mythras quickly.

A Mythras-thread on Veeky Forums? What sorcery is this?

Random file!

This is my favorite Star Wars system. Basic OT Star Wars.

Classic Fantasy's a lot of fun. Definitely try it if you get the opportunity.

I'm on the fence about CF. It has a lot of neat stuff, but also clunks up an already busy game.

Has anyone used any of the Mythras adventure modules?

I have heard Mythras described as clunky but I never had an issue with it. Once my players and I got used to combat it went smoothly, and the pdfs are easy to search so I could look up references quickly without breaking flow for odd circumstances. There is certainly a bar to pass for entry, but that is like GURPS and such too.

The only thing I always had to fiddle with was fatigue.

i am having some issues with combat in some test one shots we have run. any tips to meke it smoother?

I didn't say Mythras was clunky, I said it was busy. As far as I'm concerned the core game is as close to perfect as it gets.
CF will probably end up cannibalized instead of adopted in full.

Practice makes master. What issues did you have?

More stuff.

keeping tabs on action economy/advantages and applying bonuses mainly, how to make ambushes not be so devastating and balancing encounters in general is what i 'm having the biggest difficulty with. Also any way to easily make up npc stats, and create your own spells cause the lists are extremely lacking(unless there is content i haven't found). Anyway thanks in advance.

I have no easy answers to the action points. Eventually you'll get used to them. The Imperative limits everyone to 2 APs, that makes it easier on the noggin. Adding the occasional 3APs doesn't really make it all that more complicated.
Bonuses and penalties aren't that many, I don't see how they'd cludge it up. Ambushes are supposed to be devastating - it's the whole point. Encounters are difficult to balance because there isn't much balance in the game as a whole.
Am I helping yet?
As for NPCs, there is an entire website devoted to that - goolag "mythras encounter generator".
Creating your own spells should be fairly straight forward, the entirety of the magic chapters are nothing but a giantt collection of guidelines and examples. Throw me a spell you haven't found in the core, and I feel confident in offering to stat it up for you.

Nice the encounter generator seems cool.
Now on the spels part for example, how about a create waves spell, how would you stat it? Or conjuring, and more importantly a way to make rituals that give some permanent buffs or create some great magical effect ( you know the whole deal of evil cultists amassing old relics and finding a place of power to make a worldchanging invocation type of thing)

>keeping tabs on action economy/advantages
Have players use tokens for action points. You can keep track of NPCs with note cards and tokens as well. It makes things easier.

>how to make ambushes not be so devastating and balancing encounters in general
Read 'Combat as Sport vs. Combat as War' on the enworld forums. Mythras doesn't do 'combat as sport,' balance your games around 'combat as war' instead.

Have some Monster Island

Create waves - as in tsunami-waves? I'd go for evoking spirits or gods. Or create a ridiculously OP ritual that will allow you to add massive levels of oomph to an Animate Water-spell.
Conjuring spirits and demons are already in the book, as is conjuring items - the detail that a conjured item must already exist and be set up in some way can be freely ignored. If you want a Monster Summoning spell, find a monster, drag its soul out and pummel it into submission, put a Mark on it and have a teleport spell ready. Or use the conversions out of Classic Fantasy.
If you read the sorcery chapter, you'll find some scary combos, such as tap/enhance/enchant. Combine that with rituals that would allow for a caster to go beyond the standard limitations of intensity, magnitude and shaping, and you'll have demigods walking around very quickly.