Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>BTL_Addiction__Vice_of_the_Poor?.trid
>Virtual_Girlfriend.sim
>Drug_Addiction__How_To_Help.thread
>Leaving_the_Real_World.sklsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (0% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, are you there? Why don't you reply anymore?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Hug.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Escapism Edition
How does your runner deal with Real Life?
Does he drown himself in alcohol?
Get zoned out with drugs?
Flee into virtual realities?

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Otaku
shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Technomancers
rpg.rem.uz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Religion.

Chummer, the shadows -are- his escape.

>the shadows -are- his escape
What in Adversary's name is he escaping from that he willing chooses this life?

CGL rules and editing.

I also get these, seemingly at random

I get them with created characters, characters that are in creation and also those that are in career. It's also not easy to reproduce - I only have one thing I can say, it's that it is a recent phenomenon, it's only happening since 194

Jewish mom.

He has a succubi Ally Spirit. He doesn't need escapism, his life is awesome.

Thank you Forbidden Arcana, for allowing a magician to summon any spirit they want outside their tradition for an absolutely trivial karma tax.

Praising Our Lord and Saviour Buddy Christ (tm), brought to you by your friends at Renraku?

What is your favorite starting weapon?
In 4E i liked the HK227-X. What should i go for in a 5E game?

Ingram smartgun probably gives you the most bang for your buck when it comes to SMGs.

I have a softspot for the rain-forest carbine, even post nerf. I realise this will bring out the autists schreeching REEEEE SUB-OPTIMAL! but still.

Colt Agent Special/Savalette Guardian combo. Ammo sharing simplifies things a lot, especially when your new character is poor. Now if only there was an SMG that used heavy pistol ammo as well.

Well, it was not so much about the money, i used to go full retard with foregrip, personalized grip and gas vent 3 for sweet 6 RC and then added a high velocity mod and an extended clip, so i could squeeze out 2 long bursts per action phase without losing any dice, for three action phases in a row before reloading.
I want to do this again, but have not read all the material yet.

>Savalette Guardian

Ares Alpha is the best.

>sharing ammo
That sounds nice. Must be cool if the whole team has the same weapons and can share ammo in combat.

Wait, what? How do your do external summons?

I love the Fichetti Security 600. Really solid damage for a light pistol, and with a 30 round magazine you've got staying power without having to pack lots of spare clips.

Honestly, though, I like to pick up whatever gun(s) the local security corp is using, even on a run-by-run basis for ammo scavenging, just in case. Their sidearm, at the very least. Your don't have to worry nearly as much about conserving ammo if you can get spare clips off of every corpse you drop.

You can use Ritual Spellcasting to summon any Spirit you like using the Calling ritual (i.e Calling [Succubi]). Once you've ritual-summoned it, Banish it. When you banish a spirit you can decide to bind it yourself. Not practical to do during a run, but that's why you have downtime.

There's also some new qualities in Forbidden Arcana that allow similar things, but with drawbacks (Chain Breaker, Dark Ally, Dedicated Conjurer).

What's this Banishment into Binding bullshit?

If you combine this with the Summon Great Form Spirit/Endowment/Inhabitation trick, you can pretty much consume every spirit in the game and aquire every ability they have. Naturally, this makes you virtually unkillable.

"If you (or another magician) has an action before the spirit departs, you can use Summoning (p. 300) to try to get it to owe you some services. It doesn’t matter what type the spirit is or which tradition you are in this case, since it’s already out and available." - Core Rulebook, pg. 301.

This means that you don't actually have to bargain with a spirit once you summon it with the Calling Ritual. You summon the spirit (ANY spirit), then immediately banish it. If your initiative is high enough that you get another action before the spirit does, you can bind it yourself.

Bam. Any spirit in the game bound to your magician.

You mean weapons right ?
How can you call yourself respectable runner if you don't start with a Holdout(Streetline Special), Light Pistol(Fichetti Executive Action), Machine Pistol(Steyr TMP), Heavy Pistol(Ruger Super Warhawk), SMG(Ingram Smartgun X), an Assault Riffle(Ares Alpha), Shock Glove and a Survival Knife?

Usually I go for the FN HAR for main weapon, Lemat 2072 for secondary and the Mossberg AM-CMDT for special ordnance.

I'd rather have one weapon with all the mods i want, than a bunch of of the shelf trash.

Are there Really people who start the game with more then 3 weapons? If so, why?

What?
What kind of crazy person won't modify them all?

>Light Pistol(Fichetti Executive Action)
I think you mean Fichetti Security 600.

h2get nuyen? pls halp.

My street sam has knucks (subtle, can be made to look like gloves) so he's always armed. He also has a hidden ceramic knife, because they are a useful tool.
He has a taser because they are legal everywhere.
He also has a hidden light pistol (with a palming skill high enough that it remains hidden), and a heavy pistol as his principle sidearm.
Next comes the SMG, because it can be taken along more often than a rifle.
And finally, a flash-pak and assorted grenades.
That's 5 weapons, not including the grenades. You have to be prepared.

'course it's a karmagen build, no way I'm wasting points on 3-4 weapon groups in priority-build.

To be fair thats only for my combat character
So holdout always in my boot, just to be safe
Light Pistol for times when I need to get in sneaky and have to take people down silently
Machine Pistol for sneaking it in but going loud afterwards
SMG is for general purporse fights, infiltration and bike clashes
The SuperHawk is primary side arm. Load it with 2 Gel Rounds, 2 Hallow Points and 2 HE combined with Ammo Skip System.
Ares Alpha and 20 grenades is self exploratory
Shock Glove is safe takedowns but taser is good alternative.
Survival Knife is just good tool to have
hahha
No

exploratory? what
I meant explanatory

How do you GMs here plan runs? Because im about to plan my first run and I have no idea where to start.

>Renraku
I think you mean United Oil

I do it by establishing the objective, then I had who, what, where, for how much. Then it's time for my favorite word: COMPLICATIONS (3-4) and then I make the maps/tokens/descriptions up.

Take it gradually, point by point. Best advice: Watch movies.

Plan what they need to steal, which corp/gang has it, what the layout of their facility is, the type of security, and then the inevitable twist/complication

Yeah the part I'm struggling with is the actual layout and stuff like that. I just don't know where to start or how to stat stuff like that.
Im somewhat tempted to just make the layout up on the spot. I just have no idea how to make the enemy guards and things like that

I'm overly attached to the Ruger Superwarhawk. My first character I ever ran was a 4th ed really cheesy cowboy build with two of them and way too many dice.

Fear not
1/2

2/2

HOLY KEK MUNDIES BTFO

For guards and stuff I don't actually stat them up unless I plan for them to be re-occuring enemies. For temporary things I assign a temporary dicepool to them depending on what they're trying to do and their training. So Guards are good at perception, fighting and average at everything else, bad at technical shit. Technicians are bad at fighting, good at technical things, medium at face things.

So on and so forth.

>I'm struggling with is the actual layout
>I just don't know where to start
This is much more involved than you probably need.

Is there any rule which forbids me casting improved invisibility on a wall, so i can shoot people with my sniper rifle?

The GM's patience.

You can only cast invisibility on people iirc.

There's a spell for vehicles that specific and iirc there's a spell that allows you to see throught a certain element. Or maybe it's Shapechange I'm not sure.

If I was the GM that'd be a fat no however.

>You can only cast invisibility on people iirc.
"Invisibility affects the minds of viewers. Improved Invisibility mimics the subject’s surroundings from all angles and affects technological sensors as well."
It is sort of vague. I'll try making a small object invisible. If the GM allows it, I'll try a wall.

I'm going to have my runners steal a shipment of blank simsense chips on behalf of a mafia-backed BTL production group.
This will be the group's first run after food fight. What twists can I throw their way?

Improved invisibility is a physical spell, thus it can affect inanimate objects.
That being said, there is already a spell for this, Looking Glass.

They're the ones running BTL chips. It's all BTL chips, all the way down.

Is this the Shadowrun version of "it was a dream all along?"

Nah, i just once shamelessly ripped off total recall and this reminded me of that.

I'd assume that spirits summoned via Calling would use the same rules for banishing as Free Spirits, where you have to reduce their Edge, and they're immediately disrupted if you beat them.

ETA on next Chummer update?

Depends on when I next fix something? Shapeshifter stuff should be done soon, I just need to sort out the bonuses which is essentially just data entry.

Johnny B Goode just wants a cheap date with his qt corpworld gf. Something memerable but low budget, like a fair, open concert, or talking her into sneaking into a trid show. At some point she will ask for something he can't afford, & he will be embarassed & defensive. She'll then understand & start not asking for things... he will notice but not say anything & internalize it into riskier & riskier runs, trying to make better nuyen, til he finally bites off more than he can chew. He will die in the gutter, overflowing with rain & blood, whispering her name with his dying breath. She won't get over it & never move on. She will raise their son, conceived on the day Johnny dies, to be a successful & powerful mage. She'll name him after is father, & hope it will be a warning... Johnny B Goode.

I think out a random objective. I the build a modern world equivalent dungeon in which the objective is located/based in. I then add character, style & NPC's. Then i make the Johnson & his thoughts.

Where is the star mentor spirit mentioned in the cosmic tradition section? Is it in another book?

One of the Foo(d) Fighters they just encountered is also a mule for the chips.

They are chips of shadowrunners, problem is they arent recorded yet. The idea is that they want you to pick up blanks, slot them in, & then run for your life as they try to kill you & record it to the chip. They dont tell you the last part...

The chips get damaged easily in their uncased/blank state. Players are basically given a cartoon of eggs & can't break them. Give them plenty of physical challenges as they must quickly transport the chips & deal with other obstacles. Play up the fragility of the chips & maybe some comedic slapstick events.

Yekka, are variant metatypes supposed to add to the negative karma quality limit?

Do what Shadowrun Storytime GM does. Use existing Pre-build runs but change the fluff and the general goal. For example, in their very first run, 2D (decker), Dervish (Street Sam), & Trout (Infiltrator(?)) met for the very first time in a Fast Food Joint when an Irish lady ran into the joint to escape mob goons. Cue fight and turning into the Shadowrun team.

>Fast Food Joint
no, it was a stuffer shack

He said to change up the pre-existing runs. So take food fight & change it to a burger king/fastfood etc. & an elf running from a hit with an irish girl running from mob. Fucking idiot

work on your phrasing moran

I think that's just a refluff of another mentor spirit.

creating character in 4e. I want to make a enemy for my char, like an anti-contact. I heard there's a quality like that?

>take food fight & change it to a burger king/fastfood etc.
Isn't that exactly what the 5e version did?

Can you make a decent character with the default priority/sum to 10 in Chummer?

Which one though?

Stuffer Shack is more like a Speedway, coffee & food & snacks & shitty burgers premade & sad hotdogs made of devilrat turning on a spit

No, that's a different premade run with the very similar name of Fast Food Fight 5.0.

It caused more than a little confusion.

Fuck it guess my cosmic mage wont have a mentor spirit at chargen

yes, Runners Companion p132
you build a then just like contacts, with the difference that instead of loyalty you have incidence, which is how much they hate your char and which is used to determine if they interfere in a run
in chummer they are below the contacts

Hi /srg/
I want to play Shadowrun, but i dont want any of picrelated shit.
What edition\time period should i choose?

cheers mate

3rd. I will always shill Shadowrun 3e

Yes? That's the typical way you do it with sum.
12 for higher power characters, but 10 is just fine.
Priority itself is flawed though.

I mean the default spread of a ACBDE Dwarf Adept. How do you optimize them?

2e

What do you mean? Just make an adept sammy.

Anything before Year of the Comet in SR3. Year is that Halley's Comet event. The transition to wireless is System Failure, the very last 3e book.

Accessing the Matrix without a deck, however, has been about since 2e, though 4e blew it wide open by changing Otaku to Technomancers.

Shadowrun 4e 2050

I guess it's that simple.

Well I mean it won't be optimal, but really you should be more focused on making a well written character than an optimal character.

2nd if you want none of the above
3rd is shit & introduced those things
5th does a half assed way of retconning some of the worst things. The Matrix is now more or less fixed in the meta, but the rules/mechanics are a bit unwieldy. Changeling exist but you can just say fuck off to any player wanting to play one. They aren't included in the core. Technomancers (wifi dudes) are really weak & don't get much love. Deckers are back in style, which is awesome. Decks are like full computers where as commlinks are more like smart phones. You can still technically hack on one but its limited.

>3rd is shit & introduced those things
The Otaku are from 2e.

Would using the living bodies of people count as an exotic melee weapon?

Welp, i guess ill have to read through all of it and decide for myself.

If you don't want Halley's Comet and Changelings, then you've got to go back to 2e timeframe.

Good new though, because 4e has a conversion book to let you play in the 50s.

This is the deckless Matrix access from 2e/3e.
shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Otaku
As distinct from the 4e/5e version.
shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Technomancers
Main difference is that Otaku still need a bit of hardware, just not a full-on deck.

Honestly you can just run an SR game and have none of those themes anywhere.

just rewrite/retcon history yourself. All part of worldbuilding, use the ruleset you like.

Other main difference is that Otaku have never been core content, always supplemental.

>Year of the Comet
Speaking of, anybody have a copy with a functional Page 136 (137 in PDF page numbering)? All the loose copies I've found have p136 damaged.

nah, that's still clubs
4e had stats for them

rpg.rem.uz/
Shadowrun/
Sourcebooks/
10650%20-%20Year%20of%20the%20Comet.pdf

I don't just want to use them as clubs, I want proficiency with throwing, slamming, and ground puns slamming people. Maybe attacking a motherfucker with another motherfucker, but not necessarily.