Defend this

defend this

I wish I had that job.

Steve jackson Games hasnt made anything else in god knows how long. Gotta find something to do to still be called a company.

honestly I'd play it. If it's like the Adventure Time expansion then the cards are gonna look nice at the very least.

It's probably easy money for Steve Jackson Games, so why wouldn't they?

Someone got paid to make shlock, I'm proud of them.

If there's Axe Cop, I have no beef with there being Rick and Morty.

Apparently munchkin prints money. I have no idea how, because I've never seen anyone play it anywhere.

Holla holla gotta make those dollas

I've bought a large amount of Munchkin stuff over the years but I've only played it like twice and the last time was years ago.

Its just a front shop while they wash money for the mafia.

There's a Munchkin CCG coming soon, I have no idea how it's gonna do. Munchkin sells pretty well but I've never seen anyone play it

What's with the hate related to munchkin on here?

It's kind of like Babby's First Indie Game. It's really not very good once you get into it, but it's been around long enough that it's everywhere.

Rick and Morty Fluxx when.

Probably because unless you're constantly adding new cards it's only fun for an hour or two

I mark OP and activate my defensive aura giving me the Rick and Morty edition of Munchkin +4 bonus AC and 2d6 temporary hitpoints for the next 3 turns.

>*BUUURRRRPPPP* THERE'S NO GOD MORTY *BRRRAAPPPPP* IM SO SMART MORTY *PFFFFRRRTTTT* OUR FANS ARE SO SMART MORTY *BRRRFFFFFRRRRTTTTT*
imagine being at a table surrounded by kids who watch this crap

I played it three or four times back in high school when our usual GM didn't feel like running anything, or if there was a game on people also wanted to watch. I remember that some of the cards were pretty confusing and when I got the gender swap card my penis felt funny.

DUDE
PICKLE RICK
LMAO

Popular board game makes variant of popular media.

Seriously. Do you get bent over LOTR Monopoly? Or Minions moxed with something? Or Starwars merch?

Fuck off OP

Wubba lubba dub dub, user. That's how Muchkin is son!

Oh geez!

They don't make most Munchkin sets either, as of recently. They license the development to USAopoly.

I'd take them over someone clearly as immature as yourself.

GURPS is still in production.
Pyramid is still going.
Ogre is still going.
I think Car Wars is still going.

Very true. I wish that they would do something new though, which shouldn't be that hard. And for that matter get out the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy books as I actually want to buy those.

>Ogre is still going.
which is the shit

Munchkin hasn't been good for a looog time. You're just bitching now?

Waot lets be honest

It's a silly game that's meant to be played with a group of friends you have fun with, and because the fun dependa on the people and not your inner autism, tg hates it. Meanwhile, gamea like kigdom death and magic, which heavily reward both a lack of social skills and intense autism, are popular.

Two things I like combined? Oh no. How terrible.

>get out the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy books
They are on the boat from China right now. They should be getting shipped by October.

A lot of people see it as a "casual's gateway game", much like CaH. That leads certain people, especially those that care too much about what other people do for fun, to hate those games because they're not "real games", in the sense that they're quick to pick up, easy to play, and quick to finish. I personally enjoy it, and it's one of my girlfriend's go-to games to play with people who haven't really gotten into more complicated games.

Little anecdote: one of my FLGS has a rather stereotypical gatekeeper nerd, usually at the back around the wargames section. I have a mutual friend who plays 40K with him and he's apparently a really good person to play with if you aren't completely new to it, he's just super judgmental of casual board-games players. This leads to him talking shit about some non-regulars who come in, sometimes to my friend.

Something I enjoy doing is riling him up when I drop in. I'm no regular (it's further away from where I live and slightly more expensive than I'm willing to pay) but I'm good friends with one of the clerks, so I'll pick up a couple of the Munchkin expansions, a CaH thing, and a branded mainstream boardgame like GoT Monopoly or Nintendo Risk or something. Maybe ask the clerk for some recommendations of simple and quick stuff for a games night with my friends. He'll "put" the transaction through, and I'll leave with about $200 worth of things. It's basically all just to trigger the dude in the back when he's there, so when he finally bitched to my friend about me, it was a little achievement for me.

I still say they should have picked a different GURPS genre to push. Now their new entry-level product is competing very obviously with D&D, which was a bad idea when they announced this. But now 5e is even more popular and it has its a very anticipated supplement releasing in the same window.

They should have done a superheroes box set. There's no highly-visible game for that genre right now. It could have coasted on good box art.

>liking reddit the tv show
please leave

I slip a platinum ring worth 50gp on the Rick and Morty edition of munchkin and cast warding bond.

As someone who likes high fantasy schlock and something out of the box, I have been looking forward to it. That said I would also love to see them package some of their legitimately interesting settings like Reign of Steel and Transhuman space the same way. They of course have their other series like Monster Hunters and Action to choose from.

Transhuman Space was put out as a complete standalone RPG.

Oh, you are right about that. I believe that it was a similar deal with Discworld as well. I think that it is a good thing to do, as you don't need the entire core set for a lot of these settings.

Nothing more reddit than desperately trying to fit in, kiddo.

Yeah, they did it with WWII and Hellboy as well. It's honestly kind of odd that they didn't do it with GURPS Traveller.

It's because it draws in casual/peripheral gamers like moths to a flame. My playgroup is normie af (mostly centered around a chick I knew when she was in art school, her fiance and their friends) and they love Munchkin. I do too, although I'm still annoyed at the lack of a cyberpunk themed expansion.

Mah nigga

>Not having an XRA expansion where each card is just a bunch of wordplay that just make the game more confusing.

I'm sorry, but I can't defend the tainting of a semi-decent game.

I'd play R&M fluxx

No, they're were just pretending to make car wars. For 2 or 3 years.

This tbph.

I'm in the Mafia and I can honestly tell you that one of the

How ironic, that you'd call them kiddo, no friendo.

>If I call something "reddit" or "tumblr" then I won't have to justify hating something, and everyone will side with me because we are "le hated rivals" right?
Are newfags getting worse, or am I just getting older?

Wtf i hate munchkin now!

>Buy 200$ worth of trash to maybe annoy someone a bit
Kinda pathetic

I thought you could get a saturday night special for much less than $200.

You could probably just hire some heroin junkie to stab him for that price
Even less

word

It's the same old shit. Remember Gaia and Ebaum's World?
...Though I don't really remember people saying shit like "Gaia the TV show". Maybe they have gotten worse.

Sounds like it'd work better as Fluxx.

A little of Column A and a little of Column B. As we get older we get less tolerant of retarded young people. Kids now have a better ability to express their retardation, thus giving the especially annoying ones greater reach.

bolth munchkin and rick and morty are for normies, so it matches th demografix

people have shitty taste

Munchking is a go-to game for every single "nerd" you will ever met.
Don't get me wrong, I fucking love the concept that tabletops are socially acceptable and normies want to play them. Hell, this is impressive. And Munchkin is one of those games that are very normie friendly, while also pretty fun by itself, so you can easily end up with getting normies into your group and play with them something that won't end up with first explaining rules for three days.

And since it's so normie friendly, it is also very easy to make licensed cards to it that will sell when something is super hot and then discarded once the popularity waned.

I'm glad SJG found a way to survive on the market and they have a money printer. This way GURPS is still in production and 4e Vehicles might come before I'll get grandkids.

>As we get older we get less tolerant of retarded young people
Who is "we", sucker?
And don't tell me it's you, Smith and Wesson.

Now all they need is a Rick and Morty Cards Against Humanity expansion.

Can't. Its just a part of this R&M fad that's going around, it'll pass in a few years.

Let the normies play their games, maybe it'll get some of them into more indepth and interesting games.