ICON (ICX): Thoughts, opinions, discussion

ICON (ICX): Thoughts, opinions, discussion

So the ICX team decided not to update us till now that they are waiting till the 24th to release their main net, and the 31st to release a fuckton of more updates, and I'm pretty salty & butturt. I've been trying to consider alternatives that I can take. So far this is what I got:

Option 1: Sell now

Pros: there could be other alt coins that achieve faster growth in the short run (see EOS, WAN, XRB, XRP), and if you time it right, you could make more money to buy more ICX while it’s still going sideways, which it likely will do till mid jan. Also, price is probably going to continue to decrease in short run

Cons: could miss the ICX train when it slowly starts growing in mid jan, whales could join the boat early, random news could occur (exchange listings?),

Option 2: HODL

Pros: from today’s price, you are basically guaranteed a price that is 2X - 4X higher in 30 days, given that the team has more time for marketing and "delivering outstanding results".

Cons: opportunity cost of missing out on other potentially lucrative investments, of “only” seeing 2X growth (probably going to be higher if you use caveman market cap math, or if you use comparables like NEO + NEM)

Another option would be to rediversify some holdings into other alts, but im not sure I want to do that, all or nothing baby

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/gru7mjG
reddit.com/r/helloicon/comments/7lrou2/iconicx_is_not_the_korean_ethereum_it_is_the/
reddit.com/r/helloicon/comments/7kiu86/detailed_thoughtsresearch_on_icon_updates/
discord.gg/aYceacw
steemit.com/crypto/@beakernz/myrtle-beach-confidential-2018-q1-q2-crypto-report-steemit-exclusive
discordapp.com/invite/v4fc9F
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you didn't sell off at ~$7, I wouldn't bother now. I see this slowly trading upwards for some time, there are plenty of other people looking to get in while its still relatively cheap. Unless you have a near-guaranteed short term play, probably not worth the risk.

The other certain alternatives I see with good growth are EOS with guaranteed 2X as well by Dawn 3.0, or XRB which is just a good long term hodl, but I'm not sure if i want to move. PRL might be good too... WAN is a good long term but its not out yet ....

I feel like the team wouldn't do this delay unless they saw a net benefit, so I believe my play will be to stand behind them and believe in their vision

update 1/3

update 2/3

update 3/3

All hail Min

Wow these bollangers are getting tight as my urethra

based min

also, there are more partnership announcements on the 31st at the venue, and they will be announcing new DAPPs as well

super exciting shit

smileys were a mistake

"On January 31, 2018, ICON team will host our 1st ICON Annual Summit titled “The Genesis”, appropriately at one of the most iconic, tallest skyscrapers in the world - Lotte World Tower. Also appropriately, this event is timed just before the Lunar New Year.

We have invited blockchain experts, entrepreneurs, influencers, and other key decision-makers from around the globe to showcase our latest technical development including Mainnet, 2018 roadmap, and introduce a number of DApps that will run on top of the ICON network. ICON team has strived to “Hyperconnect the World”, and this day will mark the beginning of a new era, the birth of the ICON Network ecosystem."

DApps. That means ICOs. That means people loading up on ICX in order to buy the next ICX.

It's a pump and dump that will be forgotten in 2 weeks time.

exactly - part of the reason why ethereum is so popular is cause you need ethereum to buy into ICOs on the platform. I believe it is implied that some projects have been in the works for some time now, but i will try not let my excitement cause me to get ahead of myself

again, super excited

your existence was a pump and dump

Awesome info. Thanks user!

any time brother :---)

You ever see a mainnet opening in a place like this?Read between the lines brainlet

I'm 25% in hodling, high hopes for this project, definitely going higher than 5100Sat

Did you end up making a decision? I actually picked up some more since then

Thanks, dude. I had some doubts, but I'm throwing some money to ICX and let it rest for a year or two.

Got in relatively cheap, though it still hurts, but I gotta hold for now. I have quite some confidence in the project and its business environment, so sooner or later some good profit will come. Maybe it will even outshine the hit-and-miss chasing of moon missions.

just gonna HODL! i believe in MIN & his vision

any time :---)

do you have a link for the telegram?

it's on their website

I like this guy. Just bought some more.

protip: check out AELF (ELF), it's pretty much ICON but for China.

Why holding long term, when u can get 20% every day? Join now
discord.gg/gru7mjG

which means it's highly likely ICX will partner with ELF, just like they've done with AION and WAN.

Sounds scamy for me

strong hodl, be a weak handed fool and sell now if you want to stay poor

I didnt even know that, I now unironically believe that this is the next Ethereum. Not just the korean Eth. I mean the next Ethereum, period. I was actually trying to find a fast, good smartcontract platform all day because I want to make a dapp and Ethereum is slowish to use already (oh interact or buy something? just wait 2-5min on a good day). Sux.
These guys are professional and the tech is working already, tested and all? Shit man, it absolutely can go to $200 a coin next year. Again: I literally could not find a smartcontract platform that is actually fast and good. ALL other coins are shit tier, half finished, forked products made by barely invested college kids. Apparently Lisk, Bitshares and Eos are all made by the same guy who just keeps milking people for more money. This landscape is hysterical.

why scammy?

That's not even all, read this shit:

reddit.com/r/helloicon/comments/7lrou2/iconicx_is_not_the_korean_ethereum_it_is_the/

reddit.com/r/helloicon/comments/7kiu86/detailed_thoughtsresearch_on_icon_updates/

just fking hodl u weak handed faggots

Guys I bought three (3) ICX for $7 each the other day. Am I going to make it?

You bought in a little high, you better have iron hands until mid-january

I want more Icon. What should I sell.

He was completely professional. A scammer would have released some fake rumour or invented some bullshit to keep the expectations and prices high, like DogecoinDark does with its Wraith Protocol.

That is how a real company operates, you are not dealing with your average genius autist anymore in the crypto world.

bro i twice that in btc fees today.

get a job to put more capital in this shit. quit said job once u make it?

XRP

Volatility is down to 0. Expect an upward breakout within few hours. You're welcome, brainlets.

Sell FUN, BTC, ETH.

FUN's unlikely to reach $1 until Q1-Q2, you could re-buy later. You don't have very much BTC and ETH, it's more likely that you'll make more $$ by having that money in ICX.

Explain.

If I sell XRP now will I be able to buy back in after it corrects? I don’t want to fall off the XRP rocket.

cont XRP has a mainstream appeal, every normie and their mother has XRP. I literally saw two normies on Facebook talking about XRP today.

>reddit.com/r/helloicon/comments/7kiu86/detailed_thoughtsresearch_on_icon_updates/
>Total Holdings $103.48
Go sell some goats you piss poor pajeet motherfucker

That’s my 24hour profits. I’m Amerifat. Get fucked.

i want this shit to go down so I can double down.

Already put half a BTC in, thinking I should make that 2-3 BTC and use the incoming 20-40x in 2018 as my retirement

Thx, helpful user.

Still a poorfag. Might as well go all in. Though judging by your memefolio you're not going to make it either way.

this was over $7 two days ago user. What are you thinking its going to drop to?

it'll probably float around 4.5-5.50

This is such stupid shit, it could break either way dickdog.

Holding 350 ICX since 2$, amigonnamakeit? Feels bad to miss on other moons

Can someone who knows what they are talking about explain whats about to happen since this shit has traded sideways for the past 20 hours?

If it goes up to $200, I will have made it...

Oh please god

No it could not you fucking moron. It just had a massive correction and finally consolidated. Learn TA faggot.

I think itll touch 4

I'm hoping it goes back to 3 or even 2, will go HUGE if it does. I have an ~250k portfolio, could see up to 100k of it being ICX if it goes back to 2$.

ill drop ethereum without a blink for it. Still debating exactly what else i'll trade for it. I like my lumens and neo a lot. Will never sell req and link until they make or break. 100x or nothing for those two

Depends on Bitcoin, if Bitcoin makes substantial moves in any direction the ratio will go down. If bitcoin trades sideways for a while then ratio will go up.

Fuck off you stupid cuck, you must be a week-old crypo investor if you think this was a massive correction. Trading sideways has no implications of breaking upwards, it can break either way.

How the fuck do you guys have 200k to invest? I thought 4chin was full of poorfags

If it touches 2 I’ll max out my line of credit and go balls deep. Then I’ll 100x to $200 and retire.

SALT just went live. Glad I dumped ICX.

We all bought crypto early, made a bunch of money and now we’re degenerate gambling assholes

stay in crypto for a while and make smart plays, you will make it if you aren't a mongoloid. this is quite possibly the easiest way ever to become a millionaire

>40%
>not a massive correction
Kill yourself nigger.
>Trading sideways has no implications of breaking upwards, it can break either way.
Yes it does if you account for other factors, such as the fact that it just corrected 40% for no sufficient reason in a bullish market and that the news are actually great. Fucking braindead moron, kill yourself.

> it just corrected 40% for no sufficient reason

Mainnet got delayed to 24th January, fuck off retard.

You actually have autism. If you want to account for other factors why the fuck don't you also account for the fact that it's risen exponentially since ICO. Fuck your normie head, you'll be suicidal once you get hit with a real correction. You told me to learn TA yet you don't even understand that sideways movement means that support and resistance are neutral you fucking mong, just shut your uneducated mouth dumb fuck. You thinking the current market sentiment is bullish just further shows how much of a deluded newcomer you are.

F

the pump is happening tonight!!! big ass pump and dump tonight on Discord: discord.gg/aYceacw

selling off at $7 would have been a stupid fucking move at the time, anyone who did that is lucky as fuck how this has played out

>If you want to account for other factors why the fuck don't you also account for the fact that it's risen exponentially since ICO
Way to ignore fundamentals. It's literally the best smart contract platform out there.
>You thinking the current market sentiment is bullish just further shows how much of a deluded newcomer you are.
Lmao yes it is. Zoom out you brainlet.
>newcomer
I'm up 23x since October, what about you faggot?

>Literally the best smart contract platform out there
Yes, you must have used it and know that for a fact that it is the best. How fucking stupid do you sound?
>Zoom out
I did zoom out, and the whole crypto market cap has bearish signals right now.
>You've been here since October
That's all I need to fucking know to be certain that your opinion is trash and that you have never even experienced a true bear market, let alone know how to identify an upcoming one.
>23x
7 figures from a 5 figure investment since February, sit the fuck down newbie.

so you guys gonna fuck later or what?

I feel like it's going to move back up again relatively soon. Volatility is super narrow & MACDs are crossing for the first time in a few days. I agree it could break out either way, but it looks like it's slightly trending upwards.

Hodl hard, my brothers.

Im not buying shit until I see a floorplan with toilet locations

When is a good time to buy in? Till it hits which $?

1000 sats buy now

1. ICON (ICX) $3.86 USD - This off the radar behemoth has its tentacles in the entire SKorea tech industry and could be headed for global domination. It's nailed countless partnerships in SKorea + government backing. If you are in SKorea and use an electronic device, it is likely connected to ICON by only 1-2 degrees of separation. Expect $25-35 entering into Feb 2018 and a top 10 coin long term. Be fast, Korean exchange listings imminent and cmcap update forthcoming. Buy up to $17-20

steemit.com/crypto/@beakernz/myrtle-beach-confidential-2018-q1-q2-crypto-report-steemit-exclusive

Is Lisk worth selling?
I don't get what it's for. Javascript looks like an awful language to build something on unless you were using it for display in web browsers

>lisk

Kek I used to be stinky linky hopefully this is not sibos 2.0

AHHHHHHH BREAK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

THIS IS AGONIZING

Literally (((((who))))) just dumped

My plan...
Sold today > flipping tomorrow here > discordapp.com/invite/v4fc9F > Buying back in after some quick gains

chainlink is a Veeky Forums meme coin and anyone can code up oracles?

just dropped another 6 eth on this bad boy see you faggots at $20 in a few weeks

lisk is trash. anyone who buys that shit is a pump chaser that doesnt know what they are buying. fucking javascript give me a break

I bought two ETH from jewcoinbase that I would have loved to use to buy more ICX, but they put a fucking 12 day hold on my transaction. Won't hit my account until Jan. 3rd. Fuckers.

Yeah but at the end of the day, the software wasn't ready.

did you buy with card or bank transfer?

If you lost out on icon because of the stupid unnecessary fucking delay, buy payfair up to .35 to redeem yourself

this is what coinbase does every time what did you expect

Bank xfer. I've usually done credit card in the past.

agreed, I am not at the point where I have to use credit cards, but I fucking may too hahaha after I pump my remaining 40k of fiat into this. Only at 2 though, at 3-4 I'll just liquidate other alts im up on