/anrg/ - Android Netrunner General

Our saviour is leaving us the sky is falling rotation is going to kill the game edition

Hyperbole aside, what do you think of rotation? Any decks planned?
What do you want to see in the next pack?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
[YouTube] Android: Netrunner - Complete Tutorial (embed)

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/aa/d3/aad35e6c-afdb-4de4-b034-ec5b5b748106/adn_faq_v312.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/84/fa84c620-cd7e-4c6c-96bd-c703419fca5e/adn_mwl_v12_web.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons, Old Netrunner
emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site

Check out the very WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
mega.nz/#!y0cC3ahR!bQlSrpCY4NamDKvq8FPXJEHAFS2WAvfzkZ0oyTbM_us

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/boot-up-and-run/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/sovereign-sight/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/system-refresh/
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/00/9c/009c2fa5-a0c2-402a-acf3-6e051613e4ca/adn49_cardlist.pdf
afrocyberpunk.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Personally I'm going to be running a personal evolution deck based around Obokata Protocol, Ben Musashi and Punitive Counterrstrike.

The main issue I've found so far is that it's difficult to have more money than the runner to be able to acually win the counterstrike trace if they steal the obokata.

Because I'm an autist I got thinking about the implications of rotation and felt like I should write it down.

I then wrote a 3000 word article on the implications of rotation in 4 hours because my brain wouldn't let me stop.

Here it is if any of you give enough of a shit to read it.

mega (dot) nz/ #!xbIWRLAD!de2eWlDR9DrsoBbBzBeOD_9SKI57KY5aH9YFyHoMGdU

>Worlds of Android Scan now in the OP
Holy hells, I remember that guy! He actually did it! If he ever shows up tell him tahnks.

Isn't Punitive rotating though?

>it has pictures and everything
Neat. Will probably give a read through later.

Ah.
Ah.
Whelp, all of my dreams are crushed.

Truly, the Age of Noise is once again upon us! A plague of viruses terrible to behold! Oh woe to the Corporations!

OK, which one of you Noise fan virus-ed Jinteki.net?

Keyhole+Equivocation in a denial deck (System Outage optional ) = disgusting.
Played against a fun asset spam Gagarin and I must say New Construction to install Executive Boot Camp to tutor that one-off asset you want to rez for free (bonus point if it's Corporate Town) was a really cute move.
I don't know why it bothers me so much that, Recon Drone being three influence, I can't really afford it in Reina for flavor reasons.

Stupid question of the day: fluff-wise, what doe a Unique program entails? How/why is it so? What is a program you can't run several copies of at the same time?

While I'm at it, in the category so unexpected and ridiculous (in the awesome way) I had to laugh: Moon on World Plaza.

Well at least the Cyberdex Suite has been activated and it 'should' be fine now.

At least I hope so...

Agreed on 3/2s and Jackson in general, though I do think we already have some valid forms of replacement for the later: Allele Repression, Mirāju, Defense Construct, Museum of History, Preemptive Action, Whampoa Reclamation, Shannon Claire, Alexa Belsky, Disposable HQ, Special Report, Lakshmi Smartfabrics, Friends in High Places despite the MWL, Hades Fragment if you can rush it somehow, Global Food Initiative is part of the Jackson Removal package as far as I'm concerned with the way it changes agenda density - and I'll be glad when corps can't have both in the same deck... Has there been a ruling for Restore+Agendas yet? Also wondering about Reeducation in Rush... and I'm quite certain I'm forgetting some stuff.

The point is we have been given a lot of cards that anticipate JH's rotation. It's just that no one really bothered with most given they were "shit". But now that beggars can't be choosers, we're gonna have to make do. And I'm thinking the imperfect pieces we have right now make for more interesting deck building. You're going to have to tailor your choices around your deck. Or pay the Whampoa tax I guess...

Asset Spam: how about Bad Publicity for now?

I'm thinking you're overstating the loss of Oversight AI to Blue Sun. It's a very good, powerful move, but to make it a defining move for the ID? I don't know I agree. If anything, mass increase in derez on top of trash might prove more hurtful, with stronger runner econ being the final nail.

Defensive upgrades, we're coming back to what I've been saying for a while: when people say that defensive upgrades were the only thing enabling Glacier, what I hear is that ICE transactional value has *not* been doing its job (also I guess, you know: no one plays ambushes?).
Willing to give a bit more time to see how the slight power-creep of ICE we've known impacts that.

Bad Pub (ie Val) decks look to be pretty decent with mining accidents available, and that even makes Itinerant Protesters very much usable now. No doubt even CR versions would be brutal to face.

A T1 (or early game) oversight for Blue Sun is really helpful and naturally complements its ability. Take that away and one might as well blank its ID power.

In case players are not aware, rotation is finally happening on Oct 1st.

3 weeks left to have good memories with the first 2 cycles...

I think Blue Sun can still go strong with just decent burst econ and properly choosing which ice to bounce and when, alongside Stinson. It will probably struggle against derez Crims though, which already sort of has credit advantage even before losing Oversight. Blank ID is a tad overstatement since the not being able to tax Corp credits for rezzing is pretty big, unlike Argus' ability.

He's here, and it's cool, you're welcome. It's semi-searchable too, unfortunately half of it is white text on dark backgrounds, which adobe didn't like for picture-text recognition

>Isn't Punitive rotating though?
Sadly yes.

This takes a huge part out of my BoN takeover deck, but Punitive kinda sucks in the case of the critic, and you either have to have 2+, or have them actually steal the Big One (and only that), which isn't easy - especially when you have to hold Couriers and Biotic

heard about that, irony strikes again, but it's fixed apparently

While derez crims finally has some teeth now, it has always been easy Anarch-based ice destruction (and occasional Shaper splashing D4vid) that has caused the greatest problems for BSun. Which is another reason why that ID isn't played all that much nowadays.

>Hyperbole aside, what do you think of rotation?

Between a third and a half of local players are not going to bother with it.
So on the one hand mostly uncaring about the effects it will have for the game (I mean it's going to be pretty interesting, but it's not as if those rotating cards were really gone for me) but then pretty wary about what it will do to the community.

>Any decks planned?

Right now nothing, just lazily playing/experimenting with stuff no one seems interested in, since it looks like the only way I'll see them in action. Sparks Puppetmaster is interesting. CPC generator can actually do work there. AR–Enhanced Security support. Silly stuff for now, but It think I'm finding the it of the deck. Making that ambush advance thanks to the runner for later Back Channels consumptions is a fun one. Need to decide on what upgrade I want alongside it.

(That awkward moment when you score a Remote Data Farm against a Fisk deck.)

Data Loop in BoN. Expensive, but I found worthwhile. Add Armored server at some point for more hate.
Value is probably going down as soon as The Cleaners rotate. By how much I can't say though.

Anarch is worse, but now the ID has to contend for both orange and blue shenanigans, which - when you add strong runner econ to the equation - I think hurts it more than the loss of Oversight AI. It has an even narrower field.

>What doe a Unique program entails? How/why is it so? What is a program you can't run several copies of at the same time?

There's not many unique programs
3 are AI, specifically themed around being aspects of a god, so that kind of makes sense (though AI aren't inherently unique it seems)

One is Hivemind, so that's a singular/group entity in itself (also balance reasons)

One is the daemon Scheherazade, so kind of makes sense with the way it works.

No idea for equivocation, that's got to just be balance

Wonder how far you can go with Kakugo, Data Loop, Armored Servers, and Fractal Threat Matrix in BoN. Feels expensive at the very least.

Feel it's a shame The Cleaners, DRT and especially Punitive are rotating, they're some of the most "Weyland" cards I can think of, even if they're not amazing - they just exemplify the faction in theme and ethos.

Anything like that rotating for anyone else?

I guess for Scheherazade (always loved the naming convention of that one, from both a fluff and mechanical standpoint, being the intersection of Aesop and Djinn) and Hivemind, they're structured as subsuming metadata networks of sort. Makes no sense having several as each copy would be *the* copy, there can't be two of everything.

The over four I really struggle though. From a game standpoint, yes. Fluff-wise it"s harder.

Cards like Vamp or Morningstar are so very Anarch (FUCK YOUR BARRIERS!). Crims have Leverage and Copycat I think that are so very much of the faction even if they are not that much played.
Corp size, Jinteki has Fetal AI and Ronin - those cards have defined the faction in no small part to me.
NBN would definitely have Pop up.

Kakugo seems to me too rich for BoN's blood. At that point I'd rather start experimenting again with Satellite Grid.

I'm excited to see what FFG does with packs post-rotation; more so that the rotation itself. I've been experimenting for the past few months with post-rotation play and the only cards I am really going to miss are the cards that were really good and fun vamp or cards that were just absolutely a blast to throw down like morning star.

I'm definitely going to miss my corporate deck; Yog, Mimic and Morningstar all with the beautiful tie together of Null to make everything cheaper to break.

Pop-up 100% - that and city surveillance for sure.

Ronin and Fetal AI, yeah, and Clone Retirement, one of the most flavourful cards in the game

Haas has Mandatory Upgrades, which I think really fits, and Ash - having a robot supervisor is pretty great for their theme.

For shaper Personal Workshop is a huge one - Shapers make things, it's a huge part of what they do

>corporate deck; Yog, Mimic and Morningstar all with the beautiful tie together of Null
I love "themed" decks, this sounds cool - got Ice Carver I'd guess, what else?
Compromised Employee?

Would be sad to see the Interfaces (RnD and HQ) go as well, what with them being thematically appropriate for their respective factions. They aren't even that much over the power curve seeing how other multiaccess cards are so prevalent instead of them.

Well Account Siphon and Day Job are both in there; mainly because you go to your dead-end job that you hate, and you siphon the accounts of your bosses. I didn't include Compromised Employee because I completely forget about it but I might rework it just to see if I can theme it a bit better.

To be fair, it's not like it's a good card

Pic vs Day Job would be another option, but Day Job is a) much better and b) a great representation of the soul-crushing corp life

Siphon is a good shout, especially considering who Null used to work for

You could throw in a corp defector or 2 as well. Insider information is always nice to have.

Figured I would just throw the current decklist on here before I make anymore thematic changes to make it a bit better.

Corporate Espionage - Pre-Rotation Verison

Null: Whistleblower

Event (19)
2x Account Siphon ●●●●● ●●●
3x Day Job
2x Déjà Vu
2x Dirty Laundry
2x Hacktivist Meeting
3x I've Had Worse
2x Retrieval Run
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
3x Cyberfeeder
2x MemStrips
1x Şifr
1x Sports Hopper

Resource (8)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
2x Ice Carver
2x Same Old Thing
2x Wyldside

Icebreaker (6)
2x Mimic
2x Morning Star
2x Yog.0

Program (5)
1x Clot
2x Datasucker
2x Medium

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

It's going to be very interesting, whether they deliver or not. I'm guessing there's a lot of pressure right now on people working on the game. They have to thread that needle of being interesting without committing any game-breaking power creep, of curve stomping some balance without being too harsh on strategies - especially as collateral damages. And in doing that they must answer the disquiet, negativity and for their own silence that let it all fester.

I wish them the best, because our collective hopes and expectations are all over the place.

>Clone Retirement

Lovely one, definitely.

Still looking on that campaign thing. Trying to introduce secondary mechanics from existing underplayed cards - like a narrative-changing condition if you manage to get Zona Sul Shipping over a certain credit level.
Need to work out enough for all factions and then see how to balance it. If I can.
Hopefully it can be interesting to force push people into some unusual play.

And the workshop for Shapers is a no-brainer, shame on for not listing it really. Good call.

Constant multi-access is a tough one. Personally, I think you want efficiency multiplier like those to be able to support the big rigs that really need them for balance without advantaging the small aggressive lean builds too much.
I'm really liking the most recent mutli-access cards. Neutralize All Threat, Deep Data Mining, Severnius, The Gauntlet and The Turning-Wheel have a very interesting balance to them.

And really I think Medium used to be more than ok, before the Anarch power creep. Right now, with the anti-virus support (Macrophage especially) I have a hard time figuring where it stands.

From a pure theme standpoint, what makes more sense, Inside Job, or Account Siphon?

Both are quite thematic; however, I think account siphon in this case. Account Siphon would require an extended amount of time in corporate to siphon money from them, especially if it was in a stealthy way. Inside Job would be something that could be done even with people manipulation.

Same here; and I think that they will deliver. And hopefully once rotation hits we can get more consistent communication, since it's definitely disheartening hearing absolutely nothing.

>I’m fairly sure that Weyland comes out of this in the least pretty shape

Been wondering about that since reading it. I don't know that I agree. Other factions lose a lot more of their power toys (NBN for one) granted, they've been standing above for a while. Still comparatively I think the factions are coming up closer to one another post rotation.

The real kicker being that the faction is losing its grip on meat damage kill options, I find: Boom! and Traffic Accident with their two-tags requirement work better in yellow for a chnage (so would Meteor Mining, but hey, agenda), so does Mr Stone really if you want to spam tags, Door to Door so far has been more a Making News toy, Vulcan Coverup has been replaced by a neutral option, Fumiko Yamamori is bringing some interesting meat-kill angle to PSI cards, not to mention Breached Dome...

The loss of The Cleaners really hurts the high variance meat-erosion plan of BoN (and Crisis Management)... Scorched is Scorched. Chief Slee is *really* cool, and I really hope the faction is getting over cool non-tag dependent meat damage, but she can be made to work elsewhere just as well I'd say.
Contract Killer I guess gains some value from Ronin leaving the card pool.

It's weird coming from being the faction least able to FA to now decks that can win only FA-in (Hostile Takeover/Government Takeover), but now the killing feels in a worse spot.

For a stealthy job, account siphon sure ends up rather loud enough to require subsequent cleanup.

Unless going loud was always the intention to begin with.

Idk, post-rotation SYNC for one doesn't seem to be horribly weakened, although it would be missing sweeps, pop-up, and JHow.

Then again, other then the above + Beale + midseasons, NBN in general seem well placed to weather rotation.

This is what I think a post rotation blue sun would look like.
It has two sources of explosive econ a la old blue sun, although neither are quite at the same level.
The first is breaker bay adonis, although looking at it it feels pretty bad to only be able to BB a single other asset, so this package might get the axe.
The other is Priority Construction into the nebula ice, specifically orion and wormhole.
While this isn't as powerful in raw credit advantage as oversighting a curtain wall, it also plays nice with the midrange ice as well.
A triple advanced colossus is fucking terrifying and being able to jam that in only 2 clicks is great.
It can play either a glacier game by taking advantage of how insane priority construction is, or punish a runner with sea scorched.

Does anyone know how wormhole interacts with parenthetical text on colossus or hortum?

The problem with Blue Sun and Space Ice is that you only get what the rez cost IS, and space ice has a continual effect.

However pic related, while a bit inefficient, might be a good way to play it - though it does lock out Colossus a bit, except for your last agenda

If one wants to spam advancable ice for that, it would be remiss to not add in mass comms and biotic labours. But that would essentially be a different deck, and one that hardly makes much use of BSun's ability.

I presume the parenthetical subs are only applicable when the target ice fulfils the conditions (ie have 3+ advs on it).

I don't think NBN is in a bad spot (understatement of the week), but the loss of Beale is going to change its agenda and accompanying deck composition, the loss of the free JH influence is going to reduce their comparative advantage so to speak, even if only marginally, and then Sweep Weeks loss hurting the early game econ, Shipment from SanSan and Pop Up reducing econ advantage too, Midseason, removing a common mass tagging option (though Film Critic gave it an early retirement I guess), Wraparound remove a strong early face check tech.

Seems to me Weyland loses more flavor, but NBN loses more central tech...

Freehold Idea: Hospital abandoned after hit by unexploded bomb on top of discarded underground metro station now leading into Hedge. Courts are Military Branch, Medical Ward, and Science Faculty which all believe that A) They run the base. B) The Threat they are facing can only be fought on their means. Military believes they need to protect Civilians from Infiltration Invasion by Alien Others. Scientists believe they are in middle of Mass Hysteria caused by otherworldly Terra Incognita they need to understand. And Medics believe they are in middle of epidemic with all their allies being unaware of being carriers of infection. Any Lost outside these three courts are either treated with paranoid suspicion and/or patronizing care.

Fuck wrong thread. My bad.

Interesting mash up in the making?

>Does anyone know how wormhole interacts with parenthetical text on colossus or hortum?

is right, Wormhole firing means the subroutine on another piece ICE is firing, exactly as if the runner was encountering said piece of ICE.

Tech Startup vs Executive Boot Camp. Old debate.

Eh, while losing Beale does sucks for them, there are plenty of recent NBN decks that works decently well without any 3/2s. As for JHow replacements, special report/Shannon Claire (at least in CR formats) are reasonable in-faction replacements.

Tech startup is neutral and installs for free (assuming the runner didn't get it first).

Oh I know about Tech Startup. As I said, old debate. With a side of shouting down here. Serious stuff.

>there are plenty of recent NBN decks that works decently well without any 3/2s

Are you trying to tell me that all those shit unplayable agendas are not doing so bad? WHAT HAPPENED?
Seriously though, while I think NBN is well armed for it, the loss of of their 3/2 suite is a hit to efficiency and control. Which is good.

So what are the odds this guy here will finally win Worlds?

This would make a great AA in a champ deck for one thing.

A lot of people seem to be betting on him.
Obviously strong, but I can't help but think some are overselling it.

That one would definitely make for a great alt.

Interesting to see that rise in bottom of R&D play - I smiled at that Whampoa/Shannon Claire interaction. I wonder if Showing Off's time is finally coming.

Tangentially related, but playing a quick game with a friend over Sylvain Chauveau's Un autre décembre makes talking rotation have such a heavy mood.

I need that |:| face button. Also I'm brand new to this game, whose the most straight forward runner and Corp to learn and get the feel of the game with?

*Basic* basics I'd say start with a single core set HB vs Shapers.
That's the very basics of the game right there.

Then I'd go Crim vs Weyland, then Anarch vs Jinteki.

That's how I personally do it to show the ropes to new players at least.

Assuming you're referring to the default decks, I wanted to expand on this and explain each default deck type, but then I realized I'm not sure how the Weyland deck fits in. Without some splashes it doesn't really have much teeth as the rush archetype, with the only big threat being Posted Bounty into Scorched. NBN feels better as the score boldly archetype in default core to me, while also having some FA.

I appreciate that, I noticed one of the deluxe boxes came with three new runners? Are they part of a faction, or a new faction? Is there something similar Corp wise like a one off? Also what are these draft decks? Is there a block I need to go out and buy right now? I'm coming from magic, and old l5r era card games. Is there a ban list? Trying to get up to speed to not embarrass myself

Netrunner does not have a ban-list for competitive play, but there is a list known as the MWL; or the Most-Wanted List. Cards on this list gain additional influence that takes away from the influence you have if you include it in your deck.

The deluxe box that comes with 3 new mini-factions for the runners; something that the corp side does not have, are runners that you could consider to be neutral, since they have significantly more influence than the normal runner.

I don't really have any answers for draft decks since I have never touched them; but if you need to buy any set that contains solid cards, I would recommend just playing with the core set and then buying the deluxe expansions for the corps/runners you like the most.

Don't worry about embarrassment, can't vouch for everyone, but in my general experience the community is nice and helpful whenever it could spare.

No ban list per see so far, but a tool called the NAPD Most Wanted List - seek out the link in OP - that adds an influence cost to certain , even if within your faction, to help rebalance the balance once problem cards of sort have been identified.

Shaper vs HB techs the basic: rig focus, running, ICE & Icebreaker as an exchange transaction, with a hint of Link & trace. Even the ambushes focus on Icebreaker, and the bioroid being fairly forgiving to face check makes it less unforgiving on new players.

Crim vs Weyland introduces a more proactive corp, a bit of rush and bluff on both sides, flatlining in huge raw binary state, threat thresholds, the importance of watching for each other's resources and board states, and the importance and means of the econ war.

Jinteki introduces the mind games to another level, the many-sourced kill potential, damage as a way to tax the runner and keep him/her cowed, and the idea of *very* porous but dangerous servers; Anarchs introduces more opportunistic decentralized plays and the importance of board destruction, of relative difference potential and how because of the asymmetry of the game, it doesn't much matter having nothing as the runner if the corp has just as little.

Core 2.0 - fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/boot-up-and-run/
New cycle - fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/sovereign-sight/
Rotation announcement - fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/system-refresh/

Holy shit

>Isn't Punitive rotating though?
Apparently not

>There are no cards in the Revised Core Set that have not previously been introduced to the game in the classic Core Set or Genesis Cycle and Spin Cycle Data Packs. Accordingly, you will not need to purchase the Revised Core Set to play with its cards if you already acquired them with your classic Core Set or Data Packs.

>Nonetheless, many of the cards from the classic Core Set will rotate out of the standard card pool, and many of its cards feature new art and appear in different quantities than they did in the classic Core Set and Data Packs.

Revised Core Full list
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/00/9c/009c2fa5-a0c2-402a-acf3-6e051613e4ca/adn49_cardlist.pdf

Aw yiss

Also, we're going to Africa

Kinda shitty about the quantities, but oh well

>No Siphon
>No Medium
>No Parasite
>No Corroder (okay, less relevant, but still)
>No Yog

>Liberated Account
>Fall Guy
>No clone retirement
Ah well, can't have everything

Still, pour out a cup of salt for the death of Siphon spam

Oh shit, missed Scorched fucking Earth

Don't know how I feel about that one

Well played FFG. Well played.

I'm grinning right now, like that older Santiago. Who looks awesome by the way. Not as awesome as pirate Dinosaurus though.

Also Africa!
Another self-protecting 5/3, this time for HB. Won't make up for EtF's loss (the tears will be delicious).

No scorched is huge and losing breaking news means NBN kill may be dead. It will at least mean you can float one tag without dying against them.

Thank god EtF and Kate are dead. People will finally play other IDs.

Yeah, tags have (finally?) gotten that granularity, and Punitive is here to kill in the even more Weyland-y way.

They did keep the 3/2s though.

Also Dinosaurus has an eyepatch, which has got to be the biggest news, right?

Project Ares? What the? Seriously? Vitrivius replacing ABT why?

Also... I'm pouring one for out old friend Wyrm. You were too awesome for this world.

Overall positive, but mitigated response.

God, just registered: NEW APEX CARD!

So many things got swapped from Anarch. Only five (Demolition Run, Stimhack, Mimic, Ice Carver, Datasucker) survived in an evergreen format. That's just nuts. I mean, its a good thing since core Anarch is the source of so many design problems, but its still huge.

That by itself will change the game completely. Its now one tag is harassment, two is dead. I hope they release an X credits, do X meat damage where X is Runner tags card. Gives you multiple ways out, since if the runner has 12 tags. getting 12 credits can be quite the problem.

Looks like Dino is a war vet now. Makes me wonder what Reina will look like.

Because killbots are cool. COOL!

Vitruvius is a) part of the project set, and b) less all-or-nothing than ABT

Of the "most Weyland cards" I mentioned they kept all 3, plus Lizzie and GRNDL, so I'm happy, even if they did lose Scorch

Jinteki got the Ronin-Snare!-Junebug trio, which almost makes up for not having Clone Retirement, Haas keeps Ash, and NBN keeps Popup

Kinda hilariously Darwin managed to survive as well

Loving what we're seeing of the Kitara cycle.

Echo Chamber/Urban Renewal/GeneSplicer look really interesting. People are going to cry foul about must-run asset and asset spam. But interesting dynamics here once you crunch the number.

Looks cool too, turning some of your facedowns back faceup, though ofc we don't know the details

Badass, as ever.

>less all-or-nothing than ABT

That's why I liked ABT. Powerful but terrifying on both sides of the table, which balanced it nicely for a 3/2.

Urban Renewal has got that nice "blow up a city block" thing going on

t. Mills

Can't wait to see her new art

Just noticed Fall Guy becoming evergreen. Can't say I'm happy. But AS leaving and Desperado replaced by Doppelganger should make up for it.

Yeah mitigated but positive sums it up. Not glad about the 3/2s but I can sure live with it.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but Dedicated response team is evergreen. As far as I can tell, that will be the only card which does meat damage if the runner has one tag in the card pool. Could we see the resurgance of NBN shark tank decks? Will Gagarin start installing them and tag ice to harass runners until they can traffic accident the runner to death? How many runners will die from accessing a snare then getting blasted from 2-6 meat? Remember, the last time those decks were big was before Prisec was released.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone will have some minor gripes, based on the things they REALLY love, and things they think didn't need to be kept, but overall there's a lot more good in it and positive reactions.

The only returning runner looks a bit older too - but not any worse for it, I'd say

>that will be the only card which does meat damage if the runner has one tag in the card pool
You forgot their boss

Wait... Friday Chip + Imp now core 2.0... Disgusting.

I owe someone at FFG a blowjob for ensuring that DRT never rotates. I've been playing nothing but DRT decks as a final farewell for the past week, I'm so glad I don't have to let go just yet.

Holy shit, False Lead means that silly Jemison GT FA plan is not rotating for a while.

No Bounty means you can't Jemison a Meteor Mining though.

Actually how *are* you meant to do that now?
Oh well.

PSF got a reprint too.

Actually might be kinda good against tag-me, seeing as its free

I've just noticed they've put Hive and Morningstar in together.

That's just cute.

Also Hadrian's has a purpose, in core at least

>No Bounty means you can't Jemison a Meteor Mining though.

I'm afraid I don't follow here... What's the plan with that?

So does Ice Wall. Just advance it past 5 and anarchs have to use other tools to break. Getting 3 on all central servers can completely lock Anarch out. Granted its real expensive, but its still possible in the core.

Its also worth noting that Ice Destruction just got a whole lot harder. It is now very event dependent, with Cutlery, Run Amok, and Forged Activation Orders (but without Vamp, that will be harder). Good move in my opinion, people can now play their ice without it getting removed as quickly.

It's a dumb way to score MM that I figured - you fake out or advance with Kaguya or Mushin 2 Bounties, so they're ready to score.

Install MM - score and sac both bounties for 4 counters via Jemison, and 2 tags.
One more advance to score and hopefully kill

True.

Also, I just noticed they kept FAO and Shutdown, which is nice

Gorgeously nonsensical. I'm a fan.

we wuz runners n shit?!

Beanstalk n sheit.

But hey, Mumbad was fairly cool

The intro piece also mentions lots of traps

I came back from my class to find this waiting for me. What an awesome way to start my week. I guess it's time to rework all my post rotation decks to fit into the new meta we will be receiving with the Revised Core.

Crim handsize pressure?
Might be interesting, but he's quite expensive

>a year and some change later it finally happens
>my girl Reina is core now
Is A:NR saved from the long and dark reach of L5R?

You can use Dr Lovegood to get all the benefits and none of the downsides.

But none of the Caissa makes me sad. I'm eager to see the art though.

Not completely locked out, Crypsis still in core, with fancy new art.

It"s funny that in Core 2.0 the runner with Link, the social backdrop runner, is now the Anarch one, and as of rotation Anarchs kinda lack an Asshole figurehead, with Noise and the Whizz out (MaxX and Kim are not exactly that, though the former is the closest we have left) .

Africa right now probably has some of the most cyberpunk places on Earth if the sprawl is what interests you.

Might want to give that a look:

afrocyberpunk.com/

Recently re-read Barrocco Tropical José Eduardo Agualusa, and while its not stricto sensu cycberpunk as a genre literature, the heart is there.

I definitely like the look of that. Expensive, but I think worth the admission price. Would you pay one credit a turn to force the corp to discard one card per turn?
And yes, the good doctor.

>Friday Chip

IMPS
FOR
DAYS

Also gives a reason to keep cache around rather than immediately pawning it

Good point on the doc

Going to be so annoying

Please, would you want to sit next to Omar on the bus? Or listen to Quetzal talk about "transcending our biology" for more than a few seconds? Anarchs have plenty of assholes, Kim and Maxx have dicks covered and are also evergreen.

New question, which ID do you think all the EtF decks switch over to? Stronger Together was never actually bad, Architects of Tomorrow has limited influence, and the Foundry doesn't play nice with asset spam. So maybe Seidr? It will be interesting to see where HB decks land now that they lack an overpowered econ id.

Did you guys notice Demolition run in that list? Without Medium it's seriously lacking in power. HQ interface helps destroying HQ but R&D is harder to target. Pretty useless if you consider imp and scrubber are already in there. I love Demorun and don't want to see it rotate, but from a revised core pov, many includes are nonsensical while others are missing.