Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Fleshmower edition

Will Guilliman blend sub edition

>Codex: Death Guard review as long as Miniwargaming doesn't make you want to kill yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=rGm23-GYHeI
youtube.com/watch?v=8PcaBYP2xa4
youtube.com/watch?v=munobZ7dUvc

>Konor Campaign still inexplicably a thing that is happening
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rGm23-GYHeI?t=32m12s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well done. You did it.

hola fellow Traitor Guardsmen,
I'm starting to do a Renegades and Heretics army, but this index thingy lacks pictures.

Are there any previous editions books in which pictures of each unit appeared?

Do all the chaos gods have garden tools for weapons?

No, Tzeentch is pretty eco friendly. He uses screamers.

I'm still amused by the fluff behind the Hellflayer.

Maybe in Siege of Vraks, but I think they might only have illustrations.

thin
paint

A lot of books from FW lack pics of the models that the unit entry belongs to lately.

>cartoonish garbage

Give me black legion you cucks

>tzeentch hates yardwork and refuses to mow his lawn
I can see it now.
>a gardening job for Daemonettes who fucked up
>couple Daemonettes refuse to wait until after the fight to do the gardening
>turns out giant lawnmower chariot is a semi-decent weapon
>as a bonus it causes intense pain which gives the riders sadistic orgasms
>Slaanesh loves this and the Hellflayer goes from a menial job for fuck ups to a neat reward for honored Daemonettes
>Slaanesh still punishes the couple of Daemonettes who found out
I want this piece of fluff animated, I don't even care, someone get the french on this, their animations are overly bouncy and sexual.

Well if you ask it like that, we'll give you a black eye or two mate.

black legion is the single most banal thing in 40k

for fuck's sake, the Forgeworld's site doesn't even have half the index in their store, there even aren't any pictures on how do some units even look like so I could kitbash them tournament-passably

1/10, if I weren't such a chaos nut, I'd dump the idea straightforwardly

Apologies ,meant no offence, pretty please with a spikey cherry on top gibe Black Legion? :3

Why don't GW sell GK Strike Squads in boxes of 5 anymore? I just need the parts of 1 to build a Brotherhood Champion and all the bitz shops online don't have the parts I need. So my only option is to buy an entire box of 10 men just for 1 guy? This is retarded.

if youre on about Renegades and Heretics,
Guard isnt better Conscripst Guardsmen and Veterans all use the same model too.

Malefic Lords are the rogue psykers,

everything else is mostly upgrade sprues and plague ogryns

Is there a collection of all of the Death Guard sneak peaks together?

Don't want to sit through 2 hours of MWG Dave

I started RnH army earlier this year, let me give you friendly warning: Thinkg about that. Then think again. Well few times.
As they are now, are utterly unplayable, uncompetitive crap, withterribad rules for Troops, weak-mediocore HQs, good elites and everything priced as Guard (but with worse stats) or more. FW fucked us up.
Good luck anyways

Just convert Crowe

t. grognard who's so bitter he forgot how fun works

I main CSMs though, I don't really think about going full R&H. I haven't played a game with them yet, but taking a vanguard of Rogue Psyker Covens and Marauder Snipers should really buff me up, since I'm more than likely to encounter comissars and crypteks.

And FW is still due with a codex (or a IA upgrade), I think it will get better when they finally release it.

Better than sitting through the BolS overview, trust me on that.

But what if I want to run Crowe as a special character in the future when Purifiers aren't shit anymore? Also I do want to convert my own Brotherhood Champion for individuality in my forces.

Hi faggot.

Think I've settled on my Relictor "Smash and Grab" force.

Chaos Marine Battalion 1000 points, Renegade Tactics

Chaos Lord with Black Mace and Plasma Pistol
Chaos Lord on Bike with Bolt Pistol and MURDER SWORD
CSM x 10 with 2 Plasma Guns and a Power Fist on the Aspiring Champ
CSM x 5 with Missile Launcher and Power Sword on the Aspiring Champ
CSM x 5 with Missile Launcher and Power Sword on the Aspiring Champ
Terminators x 5 with Combi-Bolters and Chainfists
Chaos Bikers x 5 with 2 Flamers and a Combi Flamer

Comes out to 999 points (which is nice as if I ever do have them break and go fully Chaos they'll be allied with a Tzeentch Daemon detachment). Plan is to rush the enemy with the Flamer bikers thanks to advance + charge with the Murder Lord backing them; he should tear through MEQs well and of course terrify one specific enemy. I also plan on having him be an outlet for extra Mortal Wounds using the Daemon Shell stratagem, as its a very fluffy thing for a Relictor to do. The CSM squads and main lord hold the middle and the Terminators get teleported in to either support the bikers or threaten tanks with their Chainfists. I know Chainfists are overcosted, but fluffwise I want them in as they're the designated vault openers.

Honestly I'll probably keep this as a small little force for fun, but I would like to fit in a Sorcerer and Vindicator if I do expand, the former because it fits well thematically and would be good support, the latter because it continues the vault busting theme.

The only thing I haven't settled on is a Warlord Trait; I'll probably go the Exalted Champ one on the Black Mace Lord for the extra attack, as he'll be my main defender for my backline and could use another swing.

In a battleforged army, can any unit deploy in a dedicated transport? Like could I deploy bloodletters in a rhino? Last edition this was not the case except if the transport occupied a slot on its own, but what about 8th.

Check the transport entry.
It says what units can use that transport.

Read the fucking codex you dipshit

>can a unit that doesn't have keyword needed to be eligible for taking specific transport embark on that transport

I don't know user, you tell me.

Why are you mixing Sqauds with Heavy Weapons and Melee Weapons

Part fluff, going to use a couple of spare chaosy looking swords for the Power Sword Sgts, part because I had a few points left over and might as well spend them on something, especially if they have to deal with deep strikers and the Lord is off elsewhere. I don't expect it to make a big difference, but there isn't much else to do with 8 points.

What armies actually have an 8th edition codex

Is it just the space armines ?

we have 4 codexes so far all of which are 4 different flavours of marines, we are supposed to be getting 6 more 2 of which are further flavours of marines

So far, Space Marines, Grey Knights and Chaos Space Marines. I think Adeptus Mechanicus is next, and then Eldar/Tyranids/Tau(?) in some combination.

Chaos and Grey knights.
So yeah, just Space Marines.

>2 of which are further flavours of marines
Source? We only know the next 4 codices after DG and none are Marines.

Are 500 points games fun? Im deep into my main army, but id like to try 500 points of Tau with couple of troops and an HQ-

Looks neat user

Thousand Sons and DA

>S O U R C E

They can be, though its best if both sides moderate themselves as its easy to break the game at that scale.

great source

Bullshit

Me too. It's pretty cool.
Too bad I don't like the model

Big if true

With a bit of luck I can get them painted up over the week and sneak in a game on the weekend, if not the week after. I'll try to remember to take some pictures for a battle report.

I have three daemon princes. What the fuck should I do with them?

gotcha, thanks

Slaanesh or Tzeentch Princes with Dual Claws supreme command detachment. make your opponent hate you

kitbash the fuck out of them

>No

Yup, he raises chickens instead.

Make three small armies led by each one that you can combine into a larger force for bigger games.

Use them in a CSM/Daemon army?

are the attack gains with combat stimms permanent? Can you use these multiple times in a battle? (renegade ogryns)

there are full stats on mortarion and deathshroud terminators at least.

Rate my list, you fuckers.

2000 points Mantis Warriors
Ultramarine Chapter Tactics (for shooty shenanigans)

Outrider Detatchement:
HQ:
Captain on Bike with Stormshield and Teeth of Terra relic (Warlord Trait: Adept of the Codex)

Fast Attack:
4 Bikes with 2 Plasma guns

Battalion Detatchement:
HQ:
Librarian on Bike with Force Stave and Bolt Pistol

Librarian on Bike with Force Stave and Bolt Pistol

Troops:
5 Tacticals with Plasma and Combiplasma (Dedicated Transport: Razorback with Twin Lascannons)

5 Tacticals with Plasma and Combiplasma (Dedicated Transport: Razorback with Twin Lascannons)

Vanguard Detatchement:
HQ: Techmarine with Servoarm and Power Axe

Elite:
5 Company Veterans on Bikes with Stormshields and Power Axes, Seargent has a Thunder Hammer

Ironclad Dreadnought with Chainfist, Dreadnought Fist, Ironclad Launchers and Meltagun

Ironclad Dreadnought with Chainfist, Dreadnought Fist, Ironclad Launchers and Meltagun

8 Command Points total.

B I K E S
I
K
E
S

Captain Teams up with the Libbies and the Veterans as bodyguard for a "deathstar-esque" (not really very killy since veterans are only 2A each).
Ironclads can run'n'gun because meltas are assault. The Techpriest fixes them. Also, T9 Dreads with the Libbies "Might of hero's" power.
Tacsquads have some plasma, can chill in deployment zone for area denial and cap objectives while razorbacks give heavy fire support, or redeploy to the midfield for rapid fire range.
Bikes can contest/grab objectives, and shoot shit, and be B I K E S.
Honestly, White Scar Chapter Tactics would be more fluffy, but them damn Smurfs are great for bikes.
>ps fuck Girlyman B I K E S FTW

RaW looks like they stack. Don't even need to be in combat I believe, unless the BRB says the assault phase only happens if there are combats.

Oh, and Beast Handlers have different Stims from regular brutes.

NEAT

it wouldn't be as bad if he wasnt snorting snot back into his nose all the time on the video

I missed the Deathshroud, where are they hiding?

Should Guilliman be nerfed?

so with command point rerolls it's entirely possible to have a unit of super coked up ogryns with 18+ attacks each?

yes
next dumb question

>Honestly, White Scar Chapter Tactics would be more fluffy, but them damn Smurfs are great for bikes.
Don't be a fag, they're a White Scars Successor so should use their rules.

Otherwise looks fine; I'd juggle some points and put the Techmarine on a bike too for fluff reasons and to make sure he's able to cover the dreads or move to the Razorbacks as necessary.

Codex Deamons when?

My army is so goddamn boring
I can't take it anymore

>guy on a dirtbike wrooms around from one piece of machinery to another, fixing them as he goes
neat

Just needs a point hike really. I don't mind him being as powerful and useful as he is, he SHOULD be a big deal, but he's just too good for what you pay for him.

Thats only really a big problem when he's used in small games though, and people who take him there are normally cunts anyway.

I'll be interested to see if every Codex gets something roughly comparable to him in power level though; obviously there is the Primarchs, but what would say, Dark Eldar or Tau get?

april 2018
warp storm random table is gone, replaced by special stratagems you can use at the start of any turn.

Daemons, uniquely, also have a way to gain command points during the battle.

In theory, RaW.

They would have 5 attacks minimum on a T1 charge and only growing from there.

Also, doesn't even say YOUR phase. Just
>At the start of the assault phase.
You're rolling twice a round

So bottom Turn 5 you could have an Ogryn with 33 attacks base

codex wont change that

Demons always feel shit to play

That is some good fucking cocaine those ogryns have.

>Give Ogryn drugs
>he gets the offensive output of a 5 man Berzerker squad
Slaanesh Ogryns when?

>he SHOULD be a big deal

But how much bigger a deal should a Primarch be than a Chapter Master, who is already a 400+ year old 7 foot tall supersoldier master of strategy and tactics?

Honestly, they really, really should never have made the Primarchs such a big deal they trivialise regular Astartes completely. Calgar is a literally who now.

>Use's the servo arms to hand-signal him turning and stopping
>Carries his toolbox of gadgets and guns around with him
What a cute techmarine

I Mean,

If you make them Slaaneshi they pick the highest of 2d6 when advancing and roll 3d6 to charge and pick highest

Bring a psyker and they can reroll charges

youtu.be/rGm23-GYHeI?t=32m12s

beginning 32:12. you get movement, s, t, w, a, sv. both weapons with stats and abilities, and all their abilities (death to the false emperor, disgustingly resilient, cataphractii armour, teleport strike, eyes of mortarion and silent bodyguard)

I just want a basic admech preview, I know we aren't getting new models

Codex will give me stratagems.

I can't spend CPs in game other than rerolls and maybe some pass morale, but it's rare.
I end up spending half or less my CP every game.

Then there are powers, so I don't have to spam Smite so much.

I would be so happy just with those.

>But how much bigger a deal should a Primarch be than a Chapter Master, who is already a 400+ year old 7 foot tall supersoldier master of strategy and tactics?
A much bigger deal. Chapter Masters are important, but Primarchs are unique.

Again a price hike would help, make it so Bobby G is only viable for larger games to give Calgar at least some kind of niche.

>Calgar
Who?

I dropped two Combiplasma's of the Tacsquads (one of the Seargents got a Power sword as compensation)
The Techmarine now has a Bike.

Just tried to get my girlfriend into 40k by having a small game on our kitchen table using my dark eldar. She demolished me and then said "i dont know how you can lose this game is so easy".

Should i dump her?

Intradesting.

She has The Gift.

What the fuck did you just say, bitch?!

sounds like she should dump you

Swap his useless servo arm for a conversion Beamer for only a few points, then swap his bolt pistol for a Bolter for free, giving him three Bolters and a Beamer.

You can also swap the axe for a Chainsword if you don't think you'll be getting into combat and save 4 points.

Not him, but Dave is the worst of the MWGs.

Unlike most people, his personality doesn't especially annoy me, but his reading comprehension and attention is awful and he always makes things take twice as long because he misunderstands EVERYTHING the first time around

Stupid shit like correcting people by telling them the thing they said and muddying the water even more

>it's a disgusting "I PAINTED IT BLANCHESTYLE" but left it looking like a turd sprinkled with sand but everyone at the LFG praise the guyepisode

Calling it right fucking now, admech codex wont change a damn thing. You'll all see.

Forgot to post my pic

B I K E S

Thats a good idea, I'll look into that

Peak cringe
No wonder chaos players are pegged as edgy 12 year olds when this guy is so popular

>40k nerd
>giving anyone a black eye
Why do some many 40cucks feel the need to overcompensate so badly?

I had one at my local store tell some new guy that he is "a violent person" when cranky.

It's fucking pathetic how many massive personality defects infect this hobby. Can't you people develop a sense of social appropriateness?

Fuck me. Autists everywhere.