Giants

How do you use them?

Very carefully.

They're like people but bigger and stronger.

sexually

Snoo snoo

D O N ' T

Planning Attack on Titan game soon.

Prodigious size alone does not dissuade the sharpened blade.

I like the classic D&D approach, though - the higher up you go in the hierarchy (was it solidified into a code in only 5e fluff?) the more reasonable, smart and capable they were, with some narrative quirks to each kind and then extending into Titans and Empyreans (which were practically lesser divinities, being higher-up divine vassals)..

"giant" is just a term that refers to one of dozens of different creatures within my setting. None of which are related.

Smart siege towers or mobile artillery platforms.

Giants and other human like races are the result of gods or spirits breeding with mortals. They live usualy in small communities and keep to themselves knowing that most people will be frightened but also can't really harm them.

I used them to capture my players once. High strength gives high grapple checks in 3.pf.

Hey. That's enough of that talk.

I use the old Nephilim story. Giants are the descendants of humans and angels. The first generation was the strongest but least plentiful with each getting weaker after down to ogres, who exist in the millions and are essentially humanoid bears.

The giants waged a multi millenia long war against heaven, led by the first generation of Nephilim and the seconomy generation Titans. Hell is a prison for the strongest of them, but their existence has corrupted their wardens.

If I've done it right, they use me

Giants are for fears, not lewds.

Why not both?

I can't really see Giants working well in 'ye olde' medieval setting most Fantasy is in. Way easier to do in science fiction.

If I had to put them in, I'd make an Alice in Wonderland type area. Suddenly find yourself in a place where everything is too big, but there is a ton of Bug and Rodentfolk around

>I like the classic D&D approach, though - the higher up you go in the hierarchy (was it solidified into a code in only 5e fluff?) the more reasonable, smart and capable they were, with some narrative quirks to each kind and then extending into Titans and Empyreans (which were practically lesser divinities, being higher-up divine vassals)..
That's pretty much how it's always been. The weakest races of giants were basically retarded cavemen, and the strongest races had tons of at-will spells.

as enemies

As potential girlfriends.

>No John, you are the giants

Loosely incorporated tribals with prodigious strength beyond their size, but hampered by a hilariously poor birth and maturation rate and inability to overcome the superior numbers and tricks of other races. Overwhelmingly peaceful, if territorial creatures Very generous when catering to their medium-sized or smaller guests. They do have a noteworthy presence as mercenaries or bandits where their strength can be put to good use, and have a tendency to send their earnings home.

They tend to make themselves useful to local governments by driving out less desirable nasties and maintaining wilderness pathways. Some giants impose taxes on whatever wants to use their safe, monsterless roads, others just take solace in the fact that they probably won't be exterminated as long as they are keeping the owlbear population down.

Giants are for lewds, not for fears.

have a wank before posting

It's actually useful information.
It is useful as a gauge for how magical realmy a particular design choice is. As a creator, you may not make the connection that people want to fuck the giants you have set up as generic barbarians.

>How do you use them?

Sure.

>'Giants', 12ft-15ft
Almost always played straight as "Dire Humans": maybe they grew too big because they spent all their exp in stats instead of class levels, but usually they're ostracized from their communities for being too difficult to feed and deal with, sometimes, though, they can become productive members of society in places with better access to food & resources etc. Not naturally dumb, just ignorant.

>Ogre, 8ft-10ft
Big, fat, Orcish giants with cast-iron stomachs and exceptional bushwacking & culinary skills. Depicted as being a lazy, gluttonous, inconsiderate, kind of 'evil' that's destructive to their environment if only for lack of thought. They enjoy enslaving and bullying other smaller races (typically orcs) into doing their work and can become quite affluent and industrious if allowed to really gang up. Occasionally good at magic.

>Trolls, 4ft-30ft
No two trolls look the same, their regenerative genetics make um' all look weird: (most) have tusks, some have horns, some are covered in fur, some look like hippos, some have 2 heads- some have 5 heads. The only consistent traits they have are regeneration, that they NEVER stop growing, and their lethal weakness to the sun- which can cause them to combust or turn into stone. Trolls are dumb, semi-sapient, cannibals and are a little Attack On Titany during the winter when the nights are longer.

>Cyclops, 15ft-20ft
Socially awkward, maritime/tropical NEETS, that compulsively avoid any social interaction or contact with other beings. Extremely bashful and easily talked over, all they want to do all day is work on their hobbies: gardening, herding, and making exceptionally well-made-artisan goods. Naturally androgynous, they're exceptionally beautiful if you can get past the one large eye.
>Cyclopskin, 7ft-10ft
Much smaller island-dwelling cousin of the bigger mainland Cyclops: little less awkward, still super pretty, but now they're tan.

Giants are very old humans.
Proper humans never stop growing, we only whither and die because we are cursed. Once the curse is broken a person can become very powerful and wise or corrupt and degenerate.
The worst giants are those that used their immortality to satisfy their bestial desires entirely and purposefully scourged themselves of empathy or reason.

Dwarves used to be giants. They lived in the sky and ruled as gods. However they destroyed grace through greed and vengeance.
So they shrunk, and in their shame they hid beneath the earth.

Great master craftsmen who made the best of everything. Unfortunately extinct due to being unable to reproduce, even with magical help.

Oh fuck, I wanna play Shadow of the Colossus now.

Fuck I REALLY like your idea of a Cyclops

Giantess thread?
Giantess thread.

>do your fetishposting outside of tg
FTFY

Did someone really sexuality a colossus?

Alright well I just did and I still want a giant lady to step on me.

>love giant women
>be 6'3" IRL
>even a real woman who is taller than average would only be just under your height at best
Eternal suffering
When can they put my brain in a Halfling body

More Giants, if only because I really like Giants.

>'Bronze' Colossus, 25ft-35ft
Absolutely massive metal-skinned giants, that aren't made of 'bronze' per-say, but an organic metal that tarnishes silver as they age. They're intelligent and powerful and love guiding smaller races to build massive civilizations, either out of a duty to order or because they'd like to godzilla-style squash them later. Colossi are renowned for their amazing looking butts.

>Minotaur, 7ft-10ft
Impulsive and classist, Minotaurs will form into a strict caste-based society if left by themselves with no one else to enslave or 'bull'y. Minotaurs love religion, pyramids, mazes, labyrinths, they're fantastic architects and builders and are naturally very analytically intelligent. Minotaurs fucking HATE LABOR and will devolve into the murder-hobos people know them for if they can't get someone else to do x, y, and z for them.

>Ettin, 8ft-13ft
Half giant, half cyclopeskin, literally, they're conjoined at the torso with two upper bodies. Typically very handsome, but also very weird looking since one twin can be a cyclopskin and the other a giant- though dubs are more common. Ettin are gifted and skilled, often only because they seek the affirmation of their parents who in the case of giants often ostracize them or cyclops who are usually woefully unprepared to emotionally support them. Ettin can even find themselves as lords and even kings of giants (especially ogres, whom they find particularly EASY to manipulate) if things get out of hand.

Thanks, user- Cyclops are my favorite giants, but I hate seeing them as dumb, ugly, brutes when 'all' giants just seem to be dumb ugly brutes... Especially when mythological cyclopes are so interesting.

>tfw you are literally me
Found a 6'5" girl in my area once but she only wanted men taller than her. RIP

Ettin being smart-ish manipulators of giants is interesting. D&D makes them hopelessly dumb.

If it's any consolation, she's SOL too.

It's really stupid to have a height requirement for dating somebody. It goes beyond shallow, it really is just plain stupid. My girl is half a foot shorter than me and I don't care at all, a kink is just a kink, it doesn't mean any more to me than the fact she isn't a gorgon or other hot monster.

>it doesn't mean any more to me than the fact she isn't a gorgon or other hot monster.
Well, I guess if you're going to settle....

Did you say Giantess thread?

>Did someone really sexuality a colossus?
This is the internet user, it was bound to happen...

I always wondered, how would you add Giants to a Modern Day setting? I understand how you can make them work in Fantasy and Science Fiction, but what about the world we live in now?

Lots of bondage.

I-I'm sure you misread that post, he said giantess thread, not giantits thread..

I could see modern giants being rustic folk who live on the edge of society. Probably in very tiny communities of only a handful of families. Maybe a few in city as dockworkers. Of course it depends on the size. Fuck huge giants might be an issue but the 15 ft tall type would have more options.

>he said giantess thread, not giantits thread..
Well the former usually has a good chance of having the latter.

Same

I can see them being used in construction a lot. We are borderline terraforming our own planet, and I'm sure we'd be further along if we had +20ft tall people.

Farming
Picking fruit out of trees is a lot easier if you are as tall as the tree

It's not that stupid. Most tall women who don't date noticeably shorter guys have that requirement because too big a height difference makes them feel like they're shacking up with a teen or something, triggers a bit of squick response.

>triggers a bit of squick response.
Depends on the woman, user.
I know plenty that have a preference for energetic teenage boys.

>ywn be a 6+ft tall tomboy on the prowl for /ss/

>tfw I am a 6+' tall handsome, debonair black gentleman on the prowl for /loli/
You wouldn't believe the response I get most often

... And slower and much more rare.

>You wouldn't believe the response I get most often
"Get away from my daughter"?

That just turns me from a cruelfag into a gentlefag

Basically giants are born one of two ways, the first is from a mutation in humans that causes them to grow uncontrollably (which is actually how giants formed originally), and the second as a result of, well, giants having sex with each other.

However, they require enormous food supplies to live, and all the crops are way too small for them, so they generally do one of two things, either they move to lands with extremely large creatures like mammoths where they can hunt and eat to feed themselves, or they capture and enslave humans, treating them as cattle to be eaten after they collapse of exhaustion from work.

Giants in human societies typically find themselves in one of 4 positions, entertainers for the local colosseum, a soldier in the army, a pack mule for the merchants and traders, or a roving barbarian eating humans in the countryside.

Right now there's 3 major giant kingdoms, the frost giants in the north which consist mostly of exiled giants from other kingdoms who hunt the local wildlife and deal with the necromancers who keep trying to kill them, the Amazons of the jungle island who are threatened with extinction after the male population was killed by a human army (and have taken to extreme measures such as kidnap and rape to replace their population), and the slavers of the plains region who took over the local kingdom and have been raising its serfs as their own slaves and cattle.

No, as a human don't expect to be able to take on a giant by yourself, they are very powerful and require more clever solutions to kill.

Also yes you can and should have sex with them.

Something like this

>they capture and enslave humans, treating them as cattle to be eaten after they collapse of exhaustion from work.
Just to be clear, this is your fetish, right?

I'll tentatively believe you.

Everything about that image is violently cancerous. Are you 11 years old?

2009 was a different time user

This is the dumbest and hottest thing I've seen today.

Let's be honest, as soon as the OP decided to post a female giant of any kind this thread was screwed.

Thats the high end of my ideal sized giants.

Given the size of those giants, there is no way they can procreate with humans.

They can't, it's impossible.

I probably should have been clearer, the Amazons kidnap other giants, not humans. Think of it less like a classical amazon depiction and more like Paraguay after the War of the Triple Alliance, except even worse.

Were it not for the vore fetishism, which is the worst part of giants and giantesses, your idea would have been interesting.

Ancient Greek magical realm, shitton of giants/cyclops, vore, monster girls and transformations.

That's like getting a hard on from Attack on Titan user, I would hope no one would find getting eaten sexy.

>I would hope no one would find getting eaten sexy.
You seem blissfully unaware of what many giantesse threads degrade into.

Okay, fair enough, but this is Veeky Forums, I'm sure in a real game with real people the chances of getting a weirdo who wants to be put in a concentration camp then bitten in half when he is no longer useful is pretty small.

Your optimism makes me smile, user. Stay innocent, stay golden.

Let's say I'm playing a barbarian in 5e that wants to be even bigger. All the time. What's the best way to go around this. Should I bully a wizard into casting permanent enlarge or should I seek out other options since my DM is kinda cool and would probably work with me on this.

Damn it, it's so stupid that someone can't go with a new take on something because someone somewhere might fap to it, and the other people know that someone somewhere is fapping to it so they get uncomfortable with the idea.

Friendly reminder that there is such a thing as going too far, and that you should reconsider your fetish if you like giantesses over twice as tall as yourself.

Welcome to Humanity, mon amíe.

What kind of story stuff are you thinking about doing with Giants? Personally, it seems hard to include them without having them take over the place.

>mon amíe
I hate to be that guy but you do know you just implied he's a girl, right? It's ami for male/neutral.

>Let's say I'm playing a barbarian in 5e that wants to be even bigger. All the time.
If your DM is kind of cool with that sort of thing, you might want to try a Literal Belt of Giant's Strength?

5e might not have Strength modifiers for Size Categories, but your Carrying Capacity doubles for each one over Medium, so it's not like such an Item would be impractical.

>someone can't go with a new take on something because someone somewhere might fap to it, and the other people know that someone somewhere is fapping to it so they get uncomfortable with the idea
Thing is user, someone is probably fapping to it anyways, remember Rule 34 after all.

I'm not usually into blindfolded girls, but hot damn I want to tell her that I love and appreciate her while swim-snuggling together.

>dat musculature
Fucking hell

I know giants are officially statted beings in DnD and all but I'd like to do something different with my game if they ever get that far. (with only two sessions played and the next one not in sight it'll probably stay a daydream)
I have this concept of unassailingly big giants. A monster whose living room is a dungeon and that can't be hurt by just personal combat, only larger siege weapons. Monsters that are hazards rather than enemies, with which the challenge is to avoid detection.

Troll like and mutant looking, nomadic hunter gatherer level of tech, using mammoths and other beasts of that size and mentality as pack animals, overall not bothering with the small people unless bothered first. though "revenge bands" exist and lay siege to human or other settlements who they think killed on of their own, this can go on for generations.

Dragons of the mammals.
>Super smart
>Long lived
>Powerful as fuck, can pull psionics out of its ass erryday
>Hoard of reasonable things put in reasonable positions, like most mammal would
They constantly duke it out with eachother over territory and take over settlements for free shit.

We have a belt like that, but we gave it to the Paladin since I'm maxed out on strength already. I'm looking more for extra reach, and just largeness in general. Having more carrying capacity and leverage when moving big things is a plus. My barbarian makes it known that they hate having magic cast on them, and is secretly ashamed that the few times enlarge was cast on them out of necessity, they loved it. We found an optional rule in the dmg for cleaving, which I abuse to cut through armies of looks while the rest of the party takes out the big bads. More reach means more fun

I think it's appropiate for giants to be some sort of proto-gods. If you go far back enough the concepts were basically interchangeable.
Gods in fantasy are usually more inspired by organized religions, with clerics and domains and such. Giants could be the shamanist counterpoint to that. A giant might be a really old oak tree, you just can't perceive its human form unless you visit it in your dream or enter its foiliage on a specific day of the year.

>Wholesome ideals
My brother! I know exactly how you feel! May the dice forever roll in your favor.

Well lizards of all kinds worship dragons as proto gods, so yeah sure.

A lot like Largely still just people. If ones of particular individual power with all that implies.

Also like the image at seeing as it's for my setting. If a lot of that's still up in the air.

>you should reconsider your fetish
One does not "reconsider" a fetish, you either have a fetish or you do not. You DO hide your fetish from others, but that's something you should do regardless of the height of the giantess.

>Tfw you don't change your artstyle in almost 9 years.

Has your fetish ever inspired you with interesting giant concepts that still interest you even when not in fetish mode?