Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

I'm Alpharius, and so's my wife! edition

>Codex: Death Guard review as long as Miniwargaming doesn't make you want to kill yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=rGm23-GYHeI
youtube.com/watch?v=8PcaBYP2xa4
youtube.com/watch?v=munobZ7dUvc

>Konor Campaign still inexplicably a thing that is happening
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/10/codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-deathshroud-terminators/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't talk to me or my father's son ever again.

Nurglings are CUTE!

Hopes for IG codex?
Nerfs/Buffs/Fluff/Sly Marbo?

They really are.

Renegade Ogryns have a rule that lets them increase their attack characteristic. I've attached the exact text of the rule in the image. This rule doesn't state an end point.

Is it permanent? Can I reuse this rule multiple times in a battle to generate a unit of ogryns with an attack characteristic of 20+?

I'll just leave this here.

It looks like it's every turn.
Knowing FW it's vague because they just slap shit down.

7th for a Carnac-free Thread.

We went over this, user

Last chance for me to fix any obvious mistakes i this list before I order a shitload of recast Sisters from China:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Adepta Sororitas) ++
>Celestine: 2x Geminae Superia [250]
>Canoness: Condemnor Boltgun, Power sword [50]
>Battle Sister Squad (9): 2x Flamer, Combi-flamer, Power maul [114]
>Battle Sister Squad (9): 2x Flamer, Combi-flamer, Power maul [114]
>Battle Sister Squad (5): Heavy Bolter, 2x Storm Bolter, Chainsword [59]
>Seraphim Squad (10): 2x Twin inferno pistols, Plasma pistol, Power sword [169]
>Dominion Squad (7): 4x Meltagun, Combi-melta [157]
>Dominion Squad (7): 4x Meltagun, Combi-melta [157]
>Repressor: Heavy Flamer, 2x Storm Bolter [92]
>Repressor: Heavy Flamer, 2x Storm Bolter [92]
>Rhino: 2x Storm Bolter [77]
>Rhino: 2x Storm Bolter [77]

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium) ++
>Inquisitor Greyfax [85]
>Vindicare Assassin [90]
>Vigilators (5): 5x Executioner Greatblade [95]
>Vigilators (5): 5x Executioner Greatblade [95]
>Null-Maiden Rhino: Storm Bolter [72]
>Vulture Gunship: Twin Punisher Gatling Cannon, Heavy Bolter [160]

++ Super-Heavy Detachment (Questor Imperialis) ++
>Cerastus Knight Acheron: Acheron Flame Cannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Reaper Chainfist [495]

++ Total: [142 PL, 2500 PTS] ++

Greyfax/Canoness go with Flamer squads in Rhinos, Dominions use Repressors as mobile bunkers. Thoughts?

Conscripts aren't getting changed in cost. They're getting excluded from the objective secured special rule for battleforged IG detachments, and from being able to use orders.

We're currently playtesting some changes to tankguard to make those units more appealing as well.

I was looking into a chapter master captain to deep strike next to my Aggressor squad when they pop up wit hthe Raven Guard stratagem. Is a Cataphractii Captain worth the points for the extra survivability or is a normal terminator captain better? What loadouts are common on them? I was thinking Thunder Hammer and Storm Bolter/Combi-Melta

>2500 points
Seems like you're 500 points over the limit, user.

seems fine, btw

We?
Who are we?

So, D-Scythes or D-Cannons?

Also, would a more scientifically minded craftworld be more likely to use Wraith constructs in daily life?

Axes if you aren't a bitch.

Lost second small game against my girlfriend; found out that the succubus is a beast, mandrakes are awesome and sslyth dont have a fnp like i thought and go down like a sack of shit.

Someone's getting pegged tonight

I just want to make sure user.

Normal Terminator Captain. If the Cataphractii fails his charge (he probably will since you are 9+ inches away) he wont reach combat for the rest of the game. 4" movement sucks, user. The saddest game of 8th I've seen until now was a SM player FOOTSLOGGING 4 units of assault centurions across the board. Needless to say, it wasnt very fun for him.

>shitty fandex

we don't fucking care

Screw melee; I want to blow shit up. Besides, why in gods name would I take axes when I can use SICK ASS SWORD CHUCKS

Blight Bombardment: Use just before a Friendly Death Guard unit shoots or fires overwatch; when shooting every model in that unit that is equipped with a blight grenade can throw one, instead of just only one.

Noice

2500 is actually the most common in my area. And if I need to play 2k, I can just drop the Knight and a few Storm Bolters, ezpz.

> warhammer-community.com/2017/09/10/codex-adeptus-mechanicus-and-deathshroud-terminators/
I still waiting for that goddamn seperate Guilliman model here Dubs.

>range 6 inches

>Here you go nurgling, wear this helmet so you can be big and strong like me!

Got it, thanks. Also, would I benefit from a combi-melta at all? My only anti-armor is a Hellblaster squad but that's four shots with hit rerolls with a storm bolter (after deep striking into range) compared to one shot from a melta. I don't know which would be better mathematically

Platoons returning!

I don't play Marines.

I play Death Guard ATM.

What do I do with this guy? Got him free for preordering Mortarion and codex etc

>I don't play Marines.
>I play Death Guard ATM.
You play marines

Get more hellblasters or some Inceptors with Plasma if you want to go full primaris.
Alternatively, there's tons of Antitank in a Space marine army. Devastators, LasPreds, Flyers, Dreadnoughts, etc...

>making your gf into a Dark Eldar player
Nice one, user. Have fun with the spiked strap on.

>Get drunk last night
>pass out after drunkenly painting alpha legionares
>dream that it was revealed explicitly that perterabo was a prince of slaanesh and and lorgar was a prince of tzneetch along with all the other unaligned primarch daemons being devoted to a god
>the horror of realizing Carnac was right
This place is destroying me on a subconscious level

Give him to some poor kids in africa?

Oh god please no.

Going to play some 3-player free for all next weekend.

How many points should we play with? 1000 pts? 1500 pts?

We'll be playing on a standard 6x4 table with a decent amount of terrain.

>fan rules
Fuck off back to 9th age

Replace aquila with nurgle banner, paint him green?

Tanks buffed.

Regiment tactics for Steel Legion.

Plaguebringer: Model with plague weapons, Power swords, balesword. S: User AP: -3 D: D3 Ability: Plague weapon. Each time you make a wound roll with this weapon the target suffers a mortal wound in addition to any other damage.

Looks like the murder sword's got some competition.

Because Eldar are Irish/Celt weebs and battle axes are fucking cool

D scythes are disgustingly good. their only down side is the 8" range but that juicy 15 str 10 shots is worth the points

But user, im a dark eldar player, i gain power(ful boners) from pain

what is ebay

Murder Sword sucks though.

ebay it and buy more DG

1350pts

IG Wish List
from a IG player

>Cons can't take orders
really limits the firepower and effectiveness of the unit. With the new "everyone can contest rules" you can't score with a blob just by sitting it on a point so they aren't a big issue in gaining points.

>Infantry can either Blob or go to 30 per squad
Pretty much to make Infantry worth bringing you need to make the orders as effective as possible. With the point costs of the Squads I don't see much of an issue with this.

>Pask gets special tank rules
Hitting on 2s and giving out orders is good, but him making the tanks feel special when he was using them was a really big selling point for me bringing him. Maybe have the Battle Cannon always do 3+ damage, Punisher ap-2 on 6s, Demo allways rolling d6 shots, stuff like that

>Creed gets to hide units again
Much like the double vehicle shots from Konor, depending on the number of wounds on the target unit you can deep strike one that you pay for at the start of the game.

Any other ideas?

Did anyone actually play gangs of commeragh? I picked up the box for reavers in 7th, now i dont use them but love hellions and wondered if the game was fun enough to warrant dusting off my reavers.

It's alright, if you have a good way to guarantee delivery. Renegate Lord on a bike is good. Exalted champ in a rhino with berserkers. Terminator Lord.
I usually take it if I'm not running a DP.

If you bring creed, you have to bring trazyn.

Id love to see russes get a buff or some sort of stratagem to make them worth taking
Right now you can either take the battlecanon and be a shitter basilisk that needs LoS, or you can take their pretty strong demolisher variants that need to be nauseatingly close to do damage, T8 and 12 wounds isn't impressive when shit like predators vomiting lascanon shots exist
Maybe a strategem for 3 CP that gives tanks within a certain range of your commander a 2+ save for a turn?

What do you need a Gulliman model for? You aren't a waacfag are you?

Either want conscripts to not get orders or to get more than one BLAM'd if they fail morale. They've got to either 1. decrease their offensive potential or 2. decrease their defensive potential.

To model him defeated, lying dead beneath the foot of a triumphant gretchin, obviously!

Use him as centrepiece while im waiting for Sang.

So it's going to be cheaper to just buy forge world Deathshroud terminators isn't it.

I know DEldar aren't allowed to be psychers, because they don't want to let Slaanesh in or something like that, but what would happen if a slave raid accidentally brought some psychers back to Commorragh?

I'd make him a...What's the grot walker called?

Put a cap on his head, put a grot with little handles attached to it controlling him like a rock 'em, sock 'em 'bot

I'm glad I didn't wait for Typhus, with this fucking retarded 1 model a week release schedule.

Should be both, imo. No orders, because they're barely trained conscripts, and I doubt they'd be less afraid of the asshole behind then with the pistol than the dug in marines blasting them apart with bolters and heavy weapons. Maybe something like if the conshits suffer too many casualties under the commissar aura, they all flee and deal mortals to the commissar as they fight their way free. They're just too effective at putting out wounds, and far too effective at jamming shit and soaking up attacks without adjustments to both.

Dark Eldar have ways of finding out if somebody or something is a psyker, and devices to make sure they won't be able to start any trouble.

Killakan.

And that idea is actually brilliant.

Fuck that; The ancient Eldar Empire at its height never believed in such practises. The current craftworlds were all hijacked by warrior lodges based around cults of personality. Only through tempering our rage, can we forge a new fate.
Thats why I want to play Ynnari/Aeldari
Good to know; My only concern is that it won't be enough to deal with heavy units like GC and Super elite like Custodes.

Now, do I go Close Combat or ranged for the rest of my army? I was thinking CC.

How do we explain how 30k Deathshrouds are in Tartaros and 40k ones are in Cataphractii?

Were the rules lawyers correct then they claimed that you could put them in any terminator suit, not just tartaros (even though official models were in tartaros)?

30k Deathshrouds can have any type of termie armour, look in the rulebook.

>muh atheist elfdar

fuck off idiot

This place(40kgen) is just lore skub fights. Nothing insightful happens here anymore. Too much emphasis on fluff, not enough on crunch.

masque abilities are all 6 inch range. They're more powerful, but harder to use for that reason. I think this was up to change, we just liked the thematic range.

The sniper slaanesh daemon is a team of 1 to 3. They lack an infiltrate, and can't advance while firing (heavy weapon). However, they can move 6 inches after shooting.

Is the javelin speeder at all worth it? 170 points for a surprisongly tanks lil thing seems pretty good, and it looks pretty great at customizing between packing anti-tank and punching hordes to death.

Also are plasma deredeo's or twin storm cannon leviathans worth it?

Seems shit to me.

In the old days Tartaros and Indomitus were identical, only Cataphractii was different. And as such "terminator armour" meant any suit that wasn't Cataphractii. Then FW made Tartaros its own suit with its own rules. Given their shoddy proofreading, it's impossible to know if "terminator armour" in the current unit entry is an error or not, especially when FW said in an FAQ (that predates the book) that "terminator armour = use the rules represented by the model."

Would people think I'm a creepy sex pervert for saying my favorite model is the toxicrene

I don't like it for the points
>plas doritos
maybe, I'm on the fence, range is a big issue
>storm levi
yes, very much so

What would a failed possession result in? What if a daemon tries to posses a Bezerker but the latter is angier and more bloodthirsty than the daemon?

repost
>Bors

I've thought about trying to come up with some rules for him, but I feel like anything I make for him will just be in direct competition to a GM stat block and hard to fit a points niche.
I don't really know what special rules would be cool, maybe give him a variation of the old Holocaust power for his Smite? I dunno

I think they've been at about 44 for awhile. At least since Crowe took over.
He mentions a quarter of them deploy (10+the soon-to-be-previous Castellan) on a mission in Warden of the Blade.

Speaking of GKs. I really would like to see some more exploration of Titan.
Aren't there some really weird things hanging around the wastes outside the Citadel?

You're a degenerate m8. There's only one form of redemption for you.

Are you a creepy sex pervert?

I like it because the tentacles are stupid big, not because I read the mangos

But that's double heresy!

they put a null helmet on him and send him to the haemonculi

December codices are?

For some baffling reason, forgeworld forgot that the Javelin had TWIN LINKED missile launchers, and forgot this. They also fucking forgot the hunter killer racks, and it's outflanking ability.

It was then priced at literally double the 7th edition cost, but simultaneously kept none of the abilities and equipment that made it "Slightly more than mediocre" in 7th edition. It was actually kinda nice to have an outflanking javelin that could hammer a tank from the side/rear with 4 missiles to take it out.

8th edition removed that because forgeworld is lazy bastards.

sell and buy more traitor shits ofc

Well, if you like them for being stupid big, you might be a creepy sex pervert. Unless you're a grill, then it's called having standards.

Post models.

Good choice.

How did you paint the base?

Is that not what the 2d6 shots for frag and 2 shots for krak is for? Or is that normal for missile launchers? I'm admech, we make the stuff, we don't get to use it.

Good stuff, mate. Lords of Contagion can equip Manreapers now, too.

Death Guard have a few memey, lowish point elite characters. Which would you use?

They all have the following statline:
M5", WS3+, BS3+, S4, T5, W4, A3, Ld8, Sv 3+
They all have disgustingly resilient (5+ FNP) and most have plague weapon stuff (reroll 1s to wound, interacts with warlord trait/stratagems as well).

Noxious Blightbringer, 80pts:
Has plasma pistol and plague bell which is just a regular attack but with 2 damage and plague weapon. Makes enemies that are 7" away 1ld lower, or 2 if vs psyker. Allows friendly DG units within 7" to roll 2 dice when advancing and discard the lowest one.

Foul Blightspawn, 77pts:
Can throw a 2d6 grenade (S3 ap 0, damage 1, plague weapon). Enemy units which are in charged and are within 7" of him don't go first.
Has a flamer: Assault D6, 9" Range, S2d6, Ap-3, damage 3, auto hits, plague weapon.

Biologus Putrifier, 74 pts:
Has special grenade. 6" range, S4, Ap0, 2 damage, plague weapon and wounds of 6 are mortal wound. Explodes on a 4+, dealing 1 mortal wound to all n 7" except nurgle units.
Causes all blight grenades of nearby DG units within 3" to be S4, 2 damage and mortal wound on 6.
Has a pistol, Pistol 1, Range 3", S4, Ap-1, D6 damage plague weapon. Only does 1 damage vs vehicles.

Plague Surgeon, 74 pts:
Rerolls rolls of 1 for friendly DG infantry on their Disgustingly Resillient.
+1 to wound and hit vs Space Marine infantry or Bikers.
Has Balesword (Power sword with Plague Weapon, S user, ap-3, 1 damage)

Tallyman, 60 pts:
Has WS and BS of 5+ rather than 3+. Has a plasma pistol.
Friendly DG that are 7" from him reroll all hits in the fight phase.
Every time you activate a stratagem, roll 2d6. On a total roll of 7, refund that.

Crunch discussions are just skub fights too.
>I like this rule.
>Fuck off WAACfag it's fucking OP
>Not really because [mathhammer]
>I FUCKING KNEW IT WAACFAG KYS YOU'RESELVE
>But the rule only really does shit in [situation]
>NO IT'S FUCKING OH PEE BECAUSE REASONS
Or reverse the argument, exchange caps lock cruise control or give it to both sides as requred and you have a typical 40kilograms crunch war.

Who the fuck are you talking too, user?

The Javelin is supposed to have a twin-linked typhoon missile launcher, which would be 4d6 shots or 4 krak. Sadly it has just a single one now, and no re-roll to hit ability or anything to make up for it.

user. I forgot to backlink.

Holy shit you're right. Why do I keep coming back?

None, cause I'm no damn heretic.

>tfw Raven Guard shitposting about how OP the Dreadnoughts were
What a time it was to be alive.

>Tallyman
So a slightly less than average chance to get a refunded CP when using them? That's actually better than the Ultramarine warlord trait one, if you're going for a general CHAOS list, there is literally no reason you wouldn't take that guy.

>1/12
>slightly less than average