Can you justify his silly topknot?

Can you justify his silly topknot?
>Hard Mode: No "it doesn't matter"s

It's actually an antenna so he can contact the chaos gods and call them faggots whole purging loyalists.

Hair squig.

Maybe it's because I haven't actually played 40K in a long ass time, but what the actually fuck is the piece of shit artwork? Is Games Workshop taking cues from Wizards?

This is his actual face.

Its art from a video game with a rather troubled history

To be fair, with the direction GW is going, this is the most likely scenario.

It's from that shitty game that promised to be Planetside but with 40k, it's not GW made.

Even so, GW art has been dogshit recently. The artists can only paint stuff that has models for it, instead of it the art inspiring modellers.

Somehow manages to be a cooler design.

Whoa Abbadon, Don't get to big-headed.

For my Abaddon I just cut the head of the old Archaon (back when he was affordable to do shit like that) off and replaced Abaddon's with it. He managed to become much easier to take seriously as the warmaster of chaos, at least visually...

>"nyeh heh heh heh!"
>-Abbadon the Giraffoiler, probably

>ayy what's jumpin' chick?
Shopping on an oversize leather jacket would be too much effort.

dank

He actually still has flowing luscious locks from back in the day when he was in a hair metal band, but keeps it in a topknot now to keep from getting in the way while fighting and being taken seriously as a credible threat to the Imperium.

CUZ TOPNOTZ IZ BEST

kek'd

I'ts because he's actually an Ork Kommando. He's so sneaky that they think he's the warmaster of chaos and zog.

Even among the Luna Wolves, Abaddon was trying to be The Rebellious One, But Not Rebellious-Rebellious, More I'M Above You Than I'M Against You.
This, by definition, required an edgy look. Now, how do you look edgy in a galaxy of screaming skulls everywhere, BDSM nuns, giant space nazis eating brains and spitting acids, sadistic soulless dark elves and just plain Grim Darkness ?

I don't know either, but Abaddon tried SOMETHING !

These arequite good.

It's a power weapon.

It's all to hide the mutated, hair growing horn growing out of the middle of his head. If he has to he'll spike his opponent with it, dropping the disguise. It is his greatest shame, and last resort.

Cultural norms?

I mean, humans have all sorts of things that looks weird from an outside perspective (dreadlocks, mohawks, male circumcision, scarification, tattoos, permanently untrimmed beards, etc.) that serve little to no purpose other than the fact that it's considered the norm and/or the person who bears it prefers it that way.

Even if I were to believe that it's still a monumentally silly artifact of past times... then again, maybe GW just has a fetish for topknots considering they suddenly gave Archaon one through his helmet, made of fire to boot.

>Even if I were to believe that it's still a monumentally silly artifact of past times...

So is 90% of the shit we do, and yet here we are.

Hand-shaking, bowing, and saluting are all ancient customs that serve virtually no function in the modern world save the fact that they're expected in many cultures, and yet we still do them in a wide variety of forms since our existence as societies. It's not unlikely that somebody would have "archaic" traditions like non-functional hair, especially somebody hailing from a gang-culture like Cthonia was.

You can't escape where you came from, user. You can fight it or you can embrace it, but you can't ignore it.

They look badass

Lol, I meant "Rogue Trader" past times, not in-universe past times. It's just an outdated and weird look.

Move over pussy.There is new hotness in town

On a helmet, yes. On a bare (increasingly small) head? That just looks like a cartoon character.

This is silly,Abaddon looks great

HUNS

The Sons of Horus mostly recruit from the techno-barbarian gangs of Cthonia, who are stereotypical 80s fantasy/scifi barbarian thugs.

They're basically space huns. Not space mongols, mind you, space huns. Just like Orks, but without the comedic aspect.

And huns are traditionally depicted with topknots on a shaven head.

Jes Goodwin just gave him the biggest topknot because bigger = more important

warhammer is about toy mens, doesn't even have a cartoon to sell merch

T H E Y L O O K B A D A S S
H
E
Y

L
O
O
K

B
A
D
A
S
S

So Abbadon is Space Attila

He should have gone one step beyond and given him an elongated alien skull like the Huns actually did to their children - it'd be a pretty crazy look.

I'm not a space yiff fan, I just recognize a goofy head-to-topknot ratio when I see it. I'm mostly just poking fun at it with this thread, I don't hate it with a great fury or anything like that.

If he is, I hope he dies as anticlimactically as the real Attila did.
>Be a feared and hated conqueror with a good track record of victories
>Die from an excessive nosebleed on your wedding night

I hate the fucking Logan facial hair,why does he shave the chin?Its a fucking viking for fucks sake,dont fucking shave it

Scratches his wolf.

Forgot the pic

Some of them dont even have facial hair hahaha

>Genghis Khan, who conquered basically the entire mongol steppe and several surrounding territories, only gets the underplayed white scars Primarch inspired by him

>Attila, who only cut out a small territory, died anticlimactically by either aneurysm or poisoning, and had his entire empire he built crumble only a few years after his death gets to be the inspiration for the main villain of the entire setting

No justice in this world.

> had his entire empire he built crumble only a few years after his death

You literally described Horus life

Horus' death was anything but anticlimactic - but if he was supposed to be Attila the Black Legion persisting at all doesn't make any sense, unless Abaddon is taking the role of the Hun leader who took command after Attila's death and was quickly betrayed and killed by his advisor and several germanic tribes, the entire Hun empire then being utterly destroyed, only scattered remnants remaining.

Its just a based on him because he tried to destroy the roman empre(imperium) but failed.Also,the roman empire entered into a crisis and a dark age after that,where the church gained a lot of power

Atilla actually didn't come anywhere close to destroying the Roman Empire, the Goths (Especially the Visigoths, who had the honor of sacking Rome) were the greater contributing factor - even if its final fall was due to political unrest. Attila's mostly remembered for having a badass name and also his spiel about the "sword of god."

It'd be pretty cool if the Black Legion was actually written to be more hunnic, but that's doubtful since I can't think of a way to spin the current depiction of Chaos like Tengriism. They were a fascinating culture either way.

Made my fucking eyes water up

>I know jack-shit about the Hunnic empire
boy o boy

Who cares? He's already a fucking joke.

If he was bald he would look like a shitty version of Horus .
If he had short hair he would look like a loyalist.
If he had long hair he would look faggy as fuck.

The only logical conclusion is to give him a topknot.

helmet, it worked well enough for the other guy

Are you seriously suggesting a helmet for a named character? Do you know it's GW we are talking about right?

yea

You can't really compare the golden era of WHFB with current 40k. Not even by chance.

Doesn't Cato Sicarius wear a helmet most of the time?

>Only golden age Archaon has a helmet
okey

And as you can see, they added a topknot on the fucking helmet.

You are doomed.

This I will concede to. However, I find topknots more acceptable on helmets because they remind me of plumes on various real-world helmets, instead of that kid from the avatar cartoon.

I also think Archaon would look a little better by giving him some facial hair, and it'd add to his barbarian Hun factor - he just looks like an odd punk rocker without either in my eyes.

*Abaddon, I am a fucking idiot.

Archaon was a warrior priest/Templar. They shave.

See my tremendous folly over at

Beard = Space Wolves.

>Limiting facial hair to one exceptionally poorly written chapter
And this is good how?

Beards are a meme anyway.

My personal theory is that he doesn't trust anyone to cut it, in anyway, and since he always had his armor on, the Talon of Horus on or is wanking his sword off, hr can't cut it himself, meaning it grew out and he's too embarrassed to try and do it one handed/in terminator armor. He can just about do the too knot up himself.
This post is correct. Huron and the Red Corsairs need more spotlight.
This user also has a good point.

Abaddon's model is from the same era as original Archaon.

Lots of named characters have helmets in 40k. Typhus, Kharn, ahriman, eldrad, all the phoenix lords. Less imperial characters though. They could have given abbadon a helmet, badguys in helmets good guys with faces is classic.

Men are supposed to have beards, smooth hairless cheeks are a a trait of women, children and skellingtons, which are you?

You are just too lazy to shave.

Is Abbadon from Terra or Cthonia?

40k is a cartoon

Your anus

Abaddon doesn't wear a helmet to show off his Mark of the Chaos Ascendant. Wearing a helmet defeats the point of him having it.

Archaon had a helmet & his own mark.

>Be me, a loyalist
>Inspecting battlements late at night
>I hear something behind me
>Sounds like a thunderstorm trying to snap its fingers
>Probably the cogboys, whatever
>This fucking noise starts getting louder
>This goes on for about five minutes, with me trying to complete my rounds without looking behind me
>Finally I've had enough and turn around
>It's Abaddon the Despoiler in a leather jacket
>He's just standing there, snapping his fingers at me
>"No-one'll believe ya, chick"
>And like that, he's gone
So anyway, that's why I'm being executed for cowardice

You obviously remove the bit covering his forehead

Whatever you say Mr bones.

OP's pic has it mostly obscured by the topknot, which makes it even more confusing. That's an interesting point though. You could probably put it on his helmet somewhere but it might not be as visually effective and distinguishing. Might make him look too much like a word bearer if its a helmet too. Making a distinct but not already stylistically taken by a different legion helmet for abaddon might be difficult.

Pretty easy to say for a skeleton.

Yeah, not doing it for me. We need to make it bigger. So everyone knows his big head is chaos's chosen head.

>Might make him look too much like a word bearer if its a helmet too
Not a bad thing.

I kind of always liked the way WBs look more than the BL, maybe it's because Black and Gold is done a lot all across fiction while red and silver is pretty unique.

He's a gay, is that what you wanted to hear, OP? He likes cock, and likes when guys have his topknot to hold onto while he's blowing them.

It's to make him look tall to Primaris Marines

That is a handsome helmet.

Thematically, keeping them separate because WB are fully into chaos and BL are still thinking they can be its master needs some separation. Terminator helmets with big tusks was a thing when abaddon came out, and I like them, but they also look kinda goofy.

Archaon wears the Crown of Dominion to show that he is the ultimate champion of the gods. Abaddon wears the Mark of the Chaos Ascendant for the same reason. Both the Crown and Abaddon's unique mark are equivalent of each other.

Archaon also has a mark. He got it before he got the sword or the armor.

>Archaon reconsecrated the altar for the Gods of Chaos, offering up the hearts of the creatures that had crawled in and defiled it. When he emerged he bore the eternally burning Mark of Chaos on his forehead

Ahh...It appears that he does. The Mark symbolism is rendered redundant by Crown though.

Neither like the rest of the primarchs he was created on Luna, which makes him a moon-man.

It still seems to bring some power. Archaon's mark is sorta like Abby's by being an all in one.

Which Mark did Horus have?

Abbadon was obviously a missing primarch, not nearly a clone oh no but a true brother to horus, the other missing primarch was another ALPHARIUS ofc.

You know what abbadon is prob ALPHARIUS too.

the topknot is the least silly thing about this picture

what are these types of pics called? where can i find more of them?

good 'un user, had a good chuckle