Roadside Weirdness Image/Ideas Thread

Let's have a thread for images and ideas that fit the theme of "roadside weirdness:" surreal and unsettling things one might see if they drove across country.

I'll start us off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM
1d4chan.org/wiki/Night_Shift
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Urban Unease
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That picture's cool as fuck

>These clones are living out here on rice and beans, sleeping out in the cold in these rags… these are some fuckin’ hard men. You driods bitch if you get an MRE without a fuckin’ Pop tart.

Tried to reduce the car visibility a bit

fuck you duleys is better.

Phoenix Coney is my favorite, go there every day for lunch

I'm mad at you because you live in the good part of metro Detroit where people have lots of money and there is shit to do and a ton of game stores. ME, I'm twenty minutes south of Detroit, and while there are pockets of money, there is very little to do, and no game stores within thirty minutes.

Bruh, I live 20 minutes out of the city. Ten mile life. I either go to GW Hampton Village in Rochester or Imperium Games in Wixom. Both are 20-30 minute drives.

I have an FLGS, but it sucks. Board games and comics.

Tremors was a great movie

I'm a downriver rat, and i guarantee it is worse down here, Pandomonium, the chud central, is my closest gamestore, and that's a thirty minute drive. The ones you listed are both about an hour drive for me.

>picks a Waffle House picture as OP image
You're just trying to summon Waffle House a Millionaire again are you?

>"man I could really go for a Cornetto for some reason... better get one once I'm done with my architecture work"

FUCK YES, I love everything in this thread. Nothing gets my sense of adventure going like the idea of the open road and cozy little hotels to stay in coupled with old fashioned American weirdness. I love it.

youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM

Ah man this is great, anyone have cool or weird or spooky truck stop/road trip stories to tell? Camping stories welcome too.

I'd love to run an episodic, adventure-horror game based around the idea of a paranormal roadtrip across the United States. Native American mythology, urban legends, ghost stories and surreal encounters. It would be great.

Expounding on this:

Your PCs might be trying to track down a group of mutual friends who disappeared while taking their own cross-country roadtrip. Along the way, they discover that these missing friends got tangled up in something far behind their expectations, but left behind clues and caches indicating where they'd be heading next in case anyone followed them. Along the way, the PCs are alternatingly aided and antagonized by an over-worked, under-budgeted MIB analogue that don't mean to harm them, but are trying to prevent them from delving too deeply into the paranormal for their own good.

how the fuck do they sleep?

as someone who slept by a highway AND a railway for a few months: not the best

>$4000 for a motel room

the sound i could survive, but definitely not that insane level of light

Its $4k in clown bills silly

Fun Bucks.

Tickle Tokens

Laughter Lucre

Should be Funny Money and Chuckle Bucks.

The Night Shift threads had some good images if you paw through the archives. The threads are all listed here.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Night_Shift

This is gold and reminds me of the creepy-cozy apartment threads. A quick google-fu turned up nothing though, are those archived anywhere?

It was up here only a few CYOAs ago, search the Archives.

such a great game

full of exactly what this thread is after

This thread makes me want to tell about my brief visit to The Dales, OR, and the Taco Time restaurant therein.

This town, and this Taco Time, was the site of the largest bio-terror attack in US history. It was puroptrated by agents of a cult who's primary philosophy was the denouncement of "positive thinking", and this cult had a firm grip on the next town over. In an attempt to seize power in local government and elections the cult's agents tainted water given to the town council with salmonella, successfully infecting at least one council member. To suppress votes for the candidate running against the cult's nominee they likewise poisoned the salad bars of numerous local restaurants, and through this means infected more than seventy citizens of The Dales. They were later caught and disavowed by the cult's leader, who faced no charges.

The Taco Time's salsa bar is still decommissioned, nearly thirty years later. You need to go up to the counter, they'll give you a sealed little salsa cup.

i imagine it means $39.50

Check out the "Urban Unease" tag on Sup/tg/:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Urban Unease

You are walking along, in a chill autumn day.

You hunch your head against a gust of cold wind and when you look up again you are alone. No cars passing, no people, no animals, the only sound the rustle of leaves in the wind.
You look all around you, and when you turn again a girl is in front of you.

She turns and and looks at you. She gives you a mysterious, half-amused smile, as if to invite you, then turns and starts running. The sound of her laughter faint in the wind.

Do you follow her?

is this real?

Try Warhammer Ann Arbor?

Holy shit I just looked this up and I'll be damned, but it is real. It is however in the town of The Dalles, OR.

I don't really know if this fits the roadside weirdness vibe, but I'll try telling it and see what people think. If you drive on a road that goes through a thick forest there will be a slight chance that you will see the fog. The fog is ever drifting but always stays within an area. If you ever decide to enter the fog you'll immediately be enveloped, you can't see your feet and you won't be able to distinguish anything in front of you. For some weird reason if two people enter at the same time you'll be able to see that person as clear as day. Sounds around you will be reversed, the same happens if a person speaks to you . If someone pronounces their sentence backwards the other person will likely understand. While you are in there time outside will go much faster, 30 seconds in there will be 30 minutes outside, the sped up time will affect you as well, it will feel like you have walked for 30 minutes when only 30 seconds have passed. The only way to get out is if you walking backwards, if another person is with you and you start walking backwards, to them it'll look like you are walking forward, to you it looks like you are walking backwards. After a couple of seconds the fog will dissipate and you'll see a small pond, the fog is formed like a wall around the small area. To the right there is a tree with a hole in it, if you put your head in, you will see a view of the forest but as if you were standing on a mountain top. To the right there is gate formed by several branches sticking up from the ground, a lighter shade of the fog will be filling the gate. If you enter it you will arrive a bit farther away from where you entered the fog, the fog will be gone. Sorry for it being so wordy, I'm not good at summarizing my thoughts. Hope it sounds interesting to anyone, it's a dream I had recently.

What would be the best system for a game like these?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack

bruh me too 10 and greenfield all day.
Service road life.

10 and Grosebeck life my dude!

you play 40k?

Yeah, Templars and Guard

nice i play guard and tyranids.
there is a place that opened up in berkley called gatekeeper games, I was thinking of going there to play 40k.

They're pretty good from what I hear. Might stop by

One of the few images to genuinely spook me on Veeky Forums in a while. Well done.