I did it boys and gals! I got me a internship at the local gaming store, starting tomorrow. No more NEET life more me

I did it boys and gals! I got me a internship at the local gaming store, starting tomorrow. No more NEET life more me.

Ok, it's in the ass-end of nowhere but it has gone from the "literally what and where?" category to getting praised as the store of the month in short of three months and the new owners just keep getting more and more praise.

>inb4 easiest way to kill your interest for a hobby etc etc

Other than that, FLGS stories general i guess.

Nice work.

Who the fuck gets an "internship" in retail? That sounds even sadder than just being a NEET.

Yeah, that's what I was here to say. You don't take internships for minimum wage shit jobs dude.

Internship? So you're working for free?

What a sucker

>internship at retail
user, you must be over 18 years of age to post here.

This has to be a troll thread.

>I got me a internship at the local gaming store
Way to live the dream!
Someone's sad, dismal, pathetic dream.
Like the dream of one day being in an elevator with a female you're not related to without soaking through a layer of clothing.

We're proud/jealous of you user!

> internship
> for a minimum wage gig with no prospects of paid work or advancement
What

yea what the fuck

You're going to work for free at a place that pay $10 a hour anyway? the fuck is the point of that?

If it was a management internship maybe? but why do it at some podunkfuck game store.

Jesus Christ kids.

You mean internship for running one right? You'll tag along with the owner while he shows you the things needed to run a small business that any education you've received to that end would have missed?
Surely you aren't doing wage slavery for free?

Dude, if they're giving you an 'internship' they're playing you for a sucker. I did volunteer service at mine when I was like, 13, but I mostly wanted an excuse to go there 2-3 times a week.

They're using you dude. Nut up and ask they actually pay you something, and even that's not gonna be a lot because these places don't rack in shit for pay. Do it for your dignity if nothing else.

Is this paid or free? I worked under the table for my flgs (less than min wage but it was only 4hrs once a week) and it was cool. The best part wasn't the pay, but being able to purchase stuff at store price which was always around 50% off.

Depending on how much you normally spend, an unpaid position with discounts might actually be worth more than min wage.

OP if you are working for your FLGS for free, you're a cuck.
>$10 per hour
>he thinks FLGS pays $10 per hour
Hahahaha I bet most of them can't afford more than 7.25. The bare minimum. Are you kidding? Most of those places are barely staying in business.

>I worked under the table for my flgs (less than min wage but it was only 4hrs once a week) and it was cool.
Delete your post before the google archive bot sends it to the IRS with the keyword "under the table" highlighted and your IP gets linked to the fucking government.

Good thing I'm not at home :^) Regardless, the irs isn't going to hunt down anyone based on a story told on a Taiwanese basket weaving site.

You mean an internship for managing your local gaming store, yeah?

You didn't just get an 'internship' for stocking shelves, right?

This is almost as bad as working for free at mcdonalds

Not even illegals do that

Jesus christ, the one thing that pie chart illustrates is how bad pie charts are at visualizing data

An internship for a retail position?
What?

OP here. Maybe i should clarify a few things. Internship might have been the wrong word to use. The gist of it is i work for them, they don't need to pay anything but i get the same monetary support from the state as if i was studying at uni full time (~920 dollars per month, converted from my country's currency)

And besides, where the hell do you guys live where retail is a minimum wage job? Over here where i live retail is a lot better than most jobs that doesn't need a degree from a university.

Where the fuck do YOU live?

Internship? You're working retail for free? Congrats, you're going to be a NEET forever. Maybe you can volunteer at a library in a year or two.

>The gist of it is i work for them, they don't need to pay anything but i get the same monetary support from the state as if i was studying at uni full time
So you're
a) performing work that should be paid (however little) for free, screwing someone else out of a job
b) still living off the public dime