Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tough Choices Edition
What impossible choices has your DM forced you to make? How did you deal with the decision?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/88673/iron-gods-and-flesh-desires
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/wilder/
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/downtime.html
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87074/assault-on-the-black-ship
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/88190/the-dukes-coin
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/seaborne
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there an option for me if I want to play an angry spell caster who taps into his rage to empower his magic, but I DON'T want to go heavy on the martial side so something like Bloodrager is out? I'm picturing something like a wizard who can empower his magic somehow when he's angry, becoming like a nexus of arcane fury until he's so exhausted from the exertion that he collapses, but he's still a twig of a man who wouldn't be able to swing around a heavy steel sword without falling over.

Or is this a concept that just can't work in Pathfinder right now?

None as a player.

As a DM, I would rather risk railroading than forcing players into an impossible choice. This way, the characters are the victims of fate instead of themselves.

My DM isn't forcing me to make a decision, my brain is because it's a dick. If I'm lucky, my DM will decide for me if he doesn't allow the new idea.

I had a character on the backburner for a while now that will fit the game, and am excited to play him, but now I've got something new I like stuck in my head too and I'm not sure which direction I want to go because these two ideas feel incompatible with each other.

This is Hell.

Wilder can be sort of like that

Posting Iron Lewds in case anyone's degenerate enough to apply: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/88673/iron-gods-and-flesh-desires

>Not enjoying seeing the players find newer and newer ways to fuck themselves over when the alternatives would otherwise solve their problems
weak desu

Play a Wilder

>d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/wilder/

>Tell players PCs that if they never take a risk they'll never get ahead of the enemies
>They have to risk working with the spooky demons in order to stop the other demons
It hasn't bit them in the ass yet

Yet

Wasn't this thread combined with the starfinder thread previously? What happened? Why did it split?

Because Starfinder's CRB was released, and it's now capable of supporting itself. Also, the mechanics are different enough that talking about them together can get confusing.

Not much in common until more stuff gets released, I guess.

I only have two players, and the campaign hasn't gone long enough for them to recognize what are good and bad ideas in my version of Faerun.

Dealing with the Chosen of Tiamat is going to be one of the better options.

If spheres of power is allowed you can set something up like that with spell casting tradition and/or the Thaumaturge class.

Wilder also works as other people have stated. Core the closest is probably kineticist or the magus archetype that gains bloodrager bloddlines.

gotcha

Psychic with the Abomination Discipline or whatever the one that gave you a super powered evil form.

I looked at Wilder before, I don't really like the class much and was hoping for INT-based but I'll take it if it's the only option that works.

What is even happening in this picture?

No SoP unfortunately. But thanks.

I'll look at this, I've never really checked out the Psychic so maybe this is exactly what I've been looking for and I never knew it.

Alternatively ask your GM really, really nicely to let you use the 3.5 Rage Mage Prestige class.

>What is even happening in this picture?
The kid with the crazy hair is the son of Charles Xavier, former leader of the X-men, which split in two after some bullshit happened. Now the leaders of the two factions are asking the son of their former leader to lead them against a world-threatening situation, and when taking charge he uses the same sentence his father used to
That's the important stuff for the context of the page, at least

It's from X-Men Legacy, near the end of the run.

Basically, the son of Charles Xavier has to unite the X-Men factions to stop a supervillain .

How do I into jewery, /pfg/?

Build Gardens

>paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/downtime.html

>someone applied to Iron Lewds with Raven.
Why do people do this?

God I loved that series.

Got a link to the game?

>someone brings up the game to draw attention to it
Why do people do this?

So what, like they used fanart, or...
>Character is literally named Raven
>Uses Teen Titans art

Historically, by charging interest. More recently, by charging unfair amounts of interest.

The same reason that somebody brings up a character to draw attention to them: shilling.

>established gm account
>still reeks of a bamboozle

I'm looking at the skill unlock for heal, which lets you restore HP and ability damage better when you treat deadly wounds. What I'm wondering is, is there a way to make it so you can treat deadly wounds faster? It normally takes an hour but I have to assume there's a feat, a spell, an item, or SOMETHING that can cut that time down.

I just want to be degenerate with other degenerates.

Am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that 3.X systems seem to have little, if any of the whole "gems are inherently magical" thing that's so common in most other fantasy in fiction? The closest thing I can think of that's also fairly popular to have is Pearls of Power, but even then I don't even know if those are actual pearls or if that's just what they're called.

>Adler
>Crane
>Raven
Is birb name new meta?

This is what birdanon has wrought. I haven't forgotten my own bird. I'm not apping for this, though.

Then app, PM the GM, and shut up.

Argentum plz go

You know what I want? A completely reasonable adventure where the only explicit smut that happens is done by PCs.

In my experience, they do 99% of the smut, anyway.

o-okay...

I want a game with no smut, even from the players. Just a standard early JRPG-esque clean adventure

Clearly, you don't adventure in Faerun.

Fuck I didn't really want to play, but now I have to app don't I

The only Drow I wanna be fucking is the Drow in the party. Yes, the one that's always calling me names, I like 'em filthy.

They can be wholesome too.

>Not having a Drow wife that's both

Black Ship could be that exactly. The war game could also be that. The journey to end the world game, if it actually happens, could very much be that, and would be at a minimum. Or make a game that fits this criteria.

I'm happy to say that my Saturday Roll20 Pathfinder game has had no actual in-game smut. The Skald has bedded a barmaid off-screen, and there was nudity when they all took a hot bath after a long and dirty dungeon, but no intra-party lewds.

I'm actually glad that there's been no lewds.

If bath scenes and fades don't count, I'm right with you.

I kinda hate that "if you don't see a game that is what you like, make one" argument. Some of us want to play and escape our foreverGM status.

That's fair, I was just pointing out options.

I run 5 games without any smut.

Links to those games?

Running a game greatly increases your odds of being picked for other games.

[citation needed]

Don't have the others, but here's Black Ship. You've got about 50 minutes, champ.
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87074/assault-on-the-black-ship

It's only an act.

Oh, found the war one! You have a week!

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/88190/the-dukes-coin

The journey to the end of the world was something an user said they might run, so no link on that.

Name one DM of a /pfg/ game that's not also a player in another game.

That wouldn't exactly prove that point though. Many of the GMs we see were first picked for RotJR, Dragons or one of the earlier memegames and didn't start GMing until later.

Isn't Protag only a GM?

Isn't that comic about how men are shit and the only one who understands her is her futanari demon rapist? I only red up to the point where the demon bit off that guy's dick because it was getting retarded.

So going off of the examples of MaximumSleep, Argentum, SwimmingEagle, and the like, getting picked for a game would actually increase your chances of running something. That'd make sense given that people probably become friends with other players and want to spend more time with them. Right?

I'm not going to find out.

If it wasn't for the heterosexual sex scene that went on for like 30 pages, I'd believe you.

And I'd still believe you, since that whole sequence felt a bit pandering, as though the author realized people were wising up to the message you just suggested.

As said, I stopped after the demon bit that random guy's dick off.

I want to be your friend, user! I want to be everyone's friend!

I thought the toothy castration happened after the hetero-sex?

What is it with you guys and talking about fetish stuff so openly? Random Veeky Forums goer genuinely curious here.

All the sane people left for greener pastures, all that's left are the madmen.

Nah, this is just a judgement free zone.

Well, you can't, user. You're only allowed three.

Your folly is thinking that those are mutually exclusive concepts.

Who would your three be?

Well I'm judging you.

So I've started getting ready to run pic related for my group, does anyone know of or have any player-friendly maps I can throw on the roll20?

All the maps in the book are marked with all the secret doors and many of the traps on them, and I'd rather not redraw them all.

I wish we weren't like that, honestly.

Why is that Jewish bird trying to kill itself?

Requesting personal information is a violation of the terms of service. As punishment, you are now restricted to two.

Jewish?

I'm running a Wild West fantasy game using Pathfinder soon, I was wondering if you could run a full group of Gunslingers/gun archetypes without the system breaking?

Why does Iron Lewds have to be roll20? I prefer PBP.

That depends, what level of guns are the players going to be using, and how easy is it going to be for them to be able to get access to stuff that will boost their Dodge AC?

It's gonna be all old western guns so revolvers and rifles and shit. As for dodge bonus I was gonna run it incredibly cover heavy with very long ranges in combat. Might only bring out the grid map for close combat. I was thinking of giving everyone free feats over the cours of the game for melee weapons so I can do some cramped room battles to spice shit up

It should be fine then so long as you're doing it with all the cover rules in mind. As an idea for a boss battle, however, might I suggest a tag team of a sniper and spotter, with the spotter being a Warpriest with the Air blessing? What that does is it allows you to ignore range penalties for a full minute for every time it's blessed on a given weapon, and it doesn't have to be used on the user's (the bullet will still not hit at touch past a certain increment though). Combine that with stuff to lower sniping penalties and Warpriest spells for your spotter to boost his partner's attack bonus and you'd have a terrifying foe for your players to go up against.

Thanks! Yea the first arc will be about taking down the corrupt necromancer sheriffs of the area they're in and the second is to take on the demonic torture monster men who culled the new worlds native population generations before "not Europe" found them

What are some interesting magical weapon effects? Vorpal and flaming are too common.

Because PBP is ass for TTRPG?

Seaborne, since PCs never prepare to fight underwater.

>d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/seaborne

is there some kind of character type, or role that you've never found in a character Archetype, or even 3pp splat?

That's not high Con. That's like 12 Con, 8 Dex, 8 Str.

You ever put puzzles in your game? What ones have you used?

Didn't mean to quote, sorry.

Is it just me or is this one not physically possible? I've been looking it over for the past 5 minutes and if it's not shopped I'd want to take whoever made it and give them a good ol' whallop.

Puzzles have never really worked out in my games, they're always either too easy or too time consuming to be worthwhile

the trick is that you can backtrack

You can't backtrack though, because unless walking over an orb "deactivates" it walking over one orb then backtracking over it again breaks the pattern.

anonymity

I don't mean literally walk over the orb backwards but you have to go loop backwards to complete it

Oh god now I feel like an idiot, I missed the bit that tripped me up was the backtracking on the inner left section, I somehow forgot that section didn't have another red blocking entry from around that corner. Literally every other step aside from that I had worked out.