Connected to ShadowNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Changing_Ownership.knwsft
>Tag_Eraser_Overclocking_Guide.zdf
>Mafia_Fence.contact
>Stolen_Goods__How_Much_Is_Too_Much?.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1052 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, what the fuck? What's with the mayo on that gun?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Cleptomania.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Looting Edition
How much do you loot?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/68wf2v/shadowrun_forbidden_arcana_is_out/dh2v49m/
reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/6ye2zq/world_builder_wednesday_shadows_of_moscow/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Give me ideas for stuff to buy for 10000 nuyen

First: Not the CGL books
Second: What is your Edition, archetype and present gear and ware

>How much do you loot?

Very little in the way of physical items. Getting rid of tracers and ownership reset is annoying, and hot items tend to sell poorly.

Paydata, on the other hand... We LOVE paydata. Our info broker says that if we ever stop running he's out of job too, and we're not certain he's joking.

Define 'looting'. We steal a lot of shit, often in the middle of a job, but we always dump it afterwards because its hard to take care of all the ownership bullshit and we only needed it for a bit.
We once stole a little old ladies americar after plans A-E failed, leaving us with only Plan F. Broke her hip pulling her out of the drivers seat. I felt kind of bad about that one.

>want to get a vehicle for my ex south african mercenary gunadept/driver to use
>realize he would gravitate towards shit like the jeep because he'd be more used to them
>everything is just so shit compared to the hyundai
Should I just gave in and get him the shitty sedan, or just barebones the jeep until I get enough nuyen from runs to mod it?

What breaks if you unify the grids?

Data Balkanisation?

My heart
Pfft, fat chance. Not much actually. One penalty gets lost. One which most don't actually care about.

nah, just because there is only one grid doesn't mean that everything is accessible to everyone.

Anything not on a host archive is hackable by everyone, unless it's in an encrypted folder, in which case you have to hack the folder first. Putting it all on the same grid just makes it easier to do, as there are no cross-grid penalties.

What does everyone here think of the alternative Mystic Adepts in Forbidden Arcane? Specifically, how do you deal with/house rule the magic groups, (Conjuring, Sorcery, Enchanting), they have access to?

Semi-officially, they weren't suppose to have Astral Perception as a free ability and must still purchase it as a Power.

tl;dr How do you house rule mysads in FA regarding access to the three magical groups?

>host/archive

Ignore Speed and Handling - what you should actually care about is Body and Armor. Grab yourself a Gopher - it's a pickup truck that can easily be refluffed as a technical.

>Semi-officially, they weren't suppose to have Astral Perception as a free ability and must still purchase it as a Power.
No shit. Why do you say that like it's news?

>What does everyone here think of the alternative Mystic Adepts in Forbidden Arcane?
Very few fucks have been given.

How am I doing with my amnesiac Gunslinger Adept?

Your fuckery is very helpful. I mentioned the errata to AP for Mystic Adept for anyone unaware to avoid.any incorrect advice or confusion. Happy?

>errata

>MYSTIC ADEPTS
>• Mystic adepts are a combination of magicians and adepts.
>• Mystic adepts never astrally project.
>• Mystic adepts can astrally perceive if they purchase the Astral Perception adept power.

Core rulebook, page 69.

What the fuck do you think errata is?

>Semi-officially

swapping reaction and intuition is strictly better, as your initiative and defence will be unchanged but intuition will give you higher knowledge skill on the side, whereas reaction does nothing else for you.
Also killing hands isn't really doing much for you as you have better sources of physical damage and could be replaced with an extra level of improved ability. Also why not harden the ColtM23, you're just as likely, if not more-so to bash with it as your pistols.

IF you're referring to the table on p47 of Forbidden Arcana showing them being able to astrally percieve, well CGL fucked up, in other news water is wet.

There was an error in the Forbidden Arcane book that read Mystic Adepts get Astral Perception for free. Next question?

Ruling was weighed in by the freelancer that worked on that section of the book on reddit. Here's the link if you don't believe me. reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/68wf2v/shadowrun_forbidden_arcana_is_out/dh2v49m/

>inb4 autists that will complain about Reddit links.

I just mentioned for those that weren't aware.

The main question was how do you deal with balancing Mystic Adepts? I decided to use ShadowNET's house rule.

"Mystic Adepts choose one magic group, i.e. Conjuring, Enchanting, and Sorcery, to NOT have access to."

Not choosing Enchanting isnt a punishment, it's the default.

Nice. Forgot to harden the Colt M23.

>Enchanting
>NOT have access
100% of the time.

Pfft. Block enchanting, buy a talismonger contact. Quality houserule there.

Personally I just go with the old 4e rules where they have to split their magic between PP and spellcasting if it ever comes up, but most of the time the character concepts get vetoed before they hit the table due to munchkinery anyway.

>Mystic Adepts choose one magic group, i.e. Conjuring, Enchanting, and Sorcery, to NOT have access to

Not good enough, choosing enchanting changes nothing. If anything they should only have access to one magic group, like aspected.

>The main question was how do you deal with balancing Mystic Adepts?
I mean, how often do you even see mystic adepts? They're supposed to be so rare that even a single one in a city is incredible. How often does someone having a character concept that absolutely requires being a Mystic Adept, instead of either a regular Magician or an Adept with the Adept Spell power, even come up?

yo yekka m8

any chance I could mayhaps help out finding the reason for the crashes? Anything you need?
It's been bugging me and my group for some weeks now :( Really anxious to see it fixed, if possible

Dev cant help if you cant show how crashes happen

that's the issue; It's seemingly random and not obviously tied to anything that I can think of. It happens in the Street gear tab or when addind new Ware, etc.

Is there any way to log what the program does?

So music from say the 70s/80s is still a thing in Shadowrun right? I want to make a flamboyant music connoisseur decker named Ziggy.

>So music from say the 70s/80s is still a thing in Shadowrun right?
Absurdly, most 20th century media was lost in the First Crash.

Conveniently, that means that you can be 70s/80s as fuck and most people in-universe won't even realize you're being retro.

>I mean, how often do you even see mystic adepts?
All the time considering everyone wants to be the magic monk.

>or an Adept with the Adept Spell power

You should kick them straight in the dick. Mystic adepts are orders of magnitude rarer than Magicians, which are themselves orders of magnitude rarer than other types of Awakened, which are themselves only 1% of the population.

Mystic Adept is one of those things that shouldn't even be in the Core, because Mystic Adepts are even rarer than most metavariants.

>hardcore music nerd finds some scraps of old music (that then become his most treasured possession)
>uses part of it for his street name
>nobody calls him out for ripping it off
I like this idea.

>I like this idea.
You should. One of the concepts originally baked into 1e was that people would go on 'lostech' shadowruns, where they do D&D-style dungeon delves of facilities that got abandoned after the Crash, having to deal with automated security systems (traps) and paracritter infestations (monsters) as they try to get to the prototypes and data stored deep within (treasure).

Imagine being a Shadowrunner who found some dead scientist's iPod and spent the better part of several years salvaging the antiquated data as a personal project (because that shit ain't easy when there's no compatible hardware anymore), and, as a reward, ending up with hundreds of 20th century music that nobody's ever heard before.

Music by an androgynous martian, colorfully-dressed beetles, and what he believes is an album recorded on an airship made of lead.

Corporations pay big money for that kind of stuff - media that was a proven success in the past but which has lapsed into the public domain, so that they can pull a Disney and make bank off of it now that nobody's ever heard of it.

Wouldn't most be in a corp either being studied or working for them? They're as useful as mages with the added ability to be masters of infiltration and melee combat. I can imagine a duo of Knight-errant cops chasing after some thief and end up asking them if they want a job after having to duck under telekinetically thrown trash cans and flaming fists.

Awakened are recruited by corps more aggressively than any other type of person, yes. Bar none.

Eiger is my waifu

What's the best 2 Essence with of 'ware to get as a melee Adept? I'm thinking I'll start off with 2 partial Cyberlegs for mobility enhancement. Hydraulic jacks, skimmers, etc.

What else should I grab? Platelet Factories, Pain Editor? Maybe Agility augmentation?

I'm going to be using non-strength-based weapons.

Muscle Toner, Pain Editor and Adapsin

You can fit 3 Armor, 5 Hydraulic Jacks, and Skimmers into Lower Legs, they're a pair of real winners. With an eventual Toner 4 and a Pain Editor, you should be under 2 Essence loss.

Meh, I've seen worse backstories.

>Meh, I've seen worse backstories.
Such as?

Not that guy, but if you take that same paragraph and replace "vored" with "impregnated" and add "and my character is the resulting child" to the end, that'd be worse.

what the fuck is this

This is what you feel when you get hit by psychotropic ICE

Does anyone happen to have some chummer character saves for basic npcs?

I missed this.

seriously

pleas explain

It's a compilation of shit that's supposed to trigger /srg/. Unfortunately it's been so overused that all it does is confuse newfags. Exposure leads to immunity, you'll get over it.

basically Exposure therapy for /srg/

One of my characters once broke into an apartment to steal food.

My players have all sorts of random junk.

>3 makeshift badges
>13 or 14 boxes of to-go pancakes
>a peg-leg

I had to break them from trying to loot every corpse of anything useful.

Was anyone there?

makeshift badges
I first read that as
>3 makeshift badgers

Of course not.

Adapsin is a bad investment unless you're going deep into cyber. It only saves you .1 Essence per 1 full point of cyberware. Since it costs .2 Essence, that means you need at least 2 full Essence of cyberware before you even break even on it.

This guy only wants to spend 2 Essence on his Adept build, which means 1.8 Essence left for 'ware. Even if he dedicated 100% of that to cyberware, and nothing to bioware, he'd be getting .18 Essence of savings for .2 Essence costs.

Adapsin is great for someone with Wired Reflexes and Bone Lacing. It's really bad, though, for an Adept spending 2 or less Essence on 'ware.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. I can't believe some of the stupid shit they come up with.

such as?

>we need to get from seattle to vancouver, right?
>so, like, what if we just magically lifted our van over the mountains

>we're surrounded by these goons
>what if we pull out a fake badge and bluff that they're surrounded by KE

>what if i control thoughts to literally everyone in this room

They're fun, but they have retarded ideas.

Absolutely nothing because anything of importance is on Hosts, not on the grid.

>>what if i control thoughts to literally everyone in this room
But that's fucking genius.

Not when he failed the first roll. He had no back-up plan. Noone in the room was hostile to him.

Do you need to be reminded again that shadowrunners are themselves a tiny minority and thus their population count is going to be skewed, especially towards the more powerful and outlandish options, those with the power to reject society and the freaks who are rejected by it to begin with?
The same applies to regular mages. Also most of the time shadowrunners work for corporations, so they may deliberately not real someone in if they see them as more useful as a deniable asset.

I don't I find that they balance themselves by trying to wear too many hats, hell I find standard mages sufer a pretty onerous skill tax in priority, god forbid you want your mage to be a metatype other than elf.

How do I make a troll mage?

with difficulty, depending on what build method?

Sum to X or buildpoints.

be a mage, get your MAG somewhat high, raise your BOD, overcast

What about those expanded apprentice magician types in Forbidden Arcana? They any good?

First, accept that you will be poor, you are going to have jack all priority to devote to resources. Second consider going aspected, now that dedicated spellslinger is a thing care of Forbidden Arcana aspected sorcerers aren't a bad choice. it's most optimal to pick an intuition based tradition as you're going to be pressed for stat points, intuition can do quadruple duty contributing to your drain, initiative, defence and knowledge skills. Decide whether you want to raise your strength or not, the base troll strength of 5 is probably enough for most purposes, but being able to whack someone hard could be a handy fallback, especially if you can get yourself a weapon focus at some point. put the maximum 10 karma into starting resources, you'll need it, layer as much armour you can, even with base strength you can carry a riot shield without penalty.

How do I teach my players common sense without being a complete asshole gm?

Give them a fair OOC warning and and an in universe warning, then stop pulling punches for stupid shit.

There are two ways to learn: Experience and/or teaching.

Have them encounter a proper runner team in a mission and show them how things should be done.

After action reports, pointing out things they could have done differently, and making them read the 2D storytime.

Here's an example Sum to 10, priorities metatype B(3), Attributes C(2), Magic B(3), Skills C(2), resources E(0). This is rushed so I can't say it's the best, but I think it's a least serviceable as a proof of concept.

You can try enabling debug logging, but it's not a very robust system. Best would be attaching a debugger or grabbing the exception details when it crashes.

What is Moscow like in the 6th world? I'm working on making a campaign there but the books only give the city a few paragraphs.

reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/6ye2zq/world_builder_wednesday_shadows_of_moscow/

If it ain't nailed down, we take it. If it is we take the nails too. Chuck it all into a shielded van and sell it to out Fence to scrub and sell to other runners. I'm pretty sure he's sold us some of our old loot back to us at one time or another. That man is wizard at making surplus gear turn into quick cash and disappear.

Has anyone come up with cool custom traditions?

Yeah, I-
>cool
Oh, then no.

Well, let's hear it anyway. It can't be that bad can it?

Magic monks need more than one spell to be Goku

How often do the first session of your campaigns go off completely without combat?

Never, ideally.

How do you make a Mystic Adept that isn't a hilariously mediocre at best character?

Powerblade

Powerblade is utter garbage.

He said one that isn't hilariously mediocre, not one that is actually good.

>at best

And a mysad that uses powerblade isn't hilariously mediocre at best either.

How do I enable custom items in chummer 4e that allow me to actually change the cost values of the items I make?

I miss all the quality of life options of 5e chummer.