Sapient Ship - A Pointless Speculation Thread

As it so happens, the ship your party is sailing on is enchanted and sapient. Enthralled by your tales of daring-do, she wishes to join you on your adventures.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Voyage_of_the_Princess_Ark
warehouse23.com/products/SJG37-2697
youtu.be/1WxExwrCQWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just so happen to be an expert at arming and armoring large vehicles. Glad to have you aboard! And to come aboard, if I may.

So, you read Robin Hobb's Ship of Magic series too?

I imagine the owner is going to be rather upset when his multi-million dollar investment runs off

Haven't, but I might now. I really just had a dumb idea and wanted to see if anything interesting could be made of it.

How sapient, exactly?

>daring-do
It's "derring-do", you Mongoloid.

Fully sapient. Enough so to become enamored by the romanticized stories of your party's exploits. She wants to be an adventurer now.

So... Jason and the Argonauts?

Huh. You're right, of course. Odd I never learned until now.

Man, those are good books. With lots of ups and downs, but if you wanna feel, nothing better than some Fitz and co adventures.
I still don't know if I liked the end or what.

Wow. That blows my mind. I never knew either. Doesn't help that is just a older way to spell daring, but learn something

Would work better as a flying ship.
As seen in the Ostruce comic series.

Can I fuck the ship

Yes, but only if your charisma and/or woodworking is good enough.

You can always convert her into an airship later.

>I'm gonna make you able to fly
>Is that a sex-thing?

Time to deck the dick.

She's probably rather naive in the ways of love, seeing as how she's a ship and all, and she's clearly impressionable and enthusiastic...

I could imagine a bard with a taste for the exotic successfully pursuing her.

What if it's only the figurehead that's enchanted, and the enchantment transfers to any ship it's attached to?

How do I fuck it?

That would make sense, as figureheads were traditionally thought of as the ship's soul and the protector of those aboard her. However, losing a figurehead was thought to be tremendously bad luck for the same reasons, and given that a magical, sapient ship would presumably handle much better than a mundane one, it would be hard to imagine that her owner and captain would be willing to sell her figurehead.

So KanColle: Fantasy Edition?
There's got to be GURPS rules for that.

>Party launches a daring raid on the regional superpower to attach the figurehead to a battleship so they can defeat the BBEG.
I can dig it.

Where do I stuck penis

Man, that reminds me that I need to read through The Ship Who Sang again. It's been forever.

I came to post this, you beat me to it
Second post, pretty good

If you successfully romance her I'm sure you'll find a way.

>shi~p shi~p

>pi~c pi~c

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Voyage_of_the_Princess_Ark

>There's got to be GURPS rules for that.
Let me introduce you to David L Pulver

warehouse23.com/products/SJG37-2697

Intriguing.

How forbidden does that woman's and the ship's love get?

I don't know, but they're bound for some high-seas ADVENTURE, surely. Love can bloom on the high-seas.

>turn an airplane into a battlesuit
Sonic Adventure 2?

youtu.be/1WxExwrCQWg

Not gonna lie, cried like a bitch when I saw this scene

I've never had a series make me 180 so hard on a character before.

Malta nearly made me quit the book at first, but by the end of the trilogy I was enjoying her chapters more than anyone else's.

I'm not the biggest fan of Hobb's plots or worlds (except rain wilds), but she can write her characters so damn well.