The Old World in WFB is kill and gone

>The Old World in WFB is kill and gone
>The Old World in BB is alive and kicking (off)

Does that mean sports are the superior way to keep the forces of chaos at bay?
Why haven't you converted your army to BB yet then?
(Or why don't you have a BB team too?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OZU3fi08-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not really interested in sports games and I have noone to play it with since we're already deep into trying a lot of systems already, but I guess we'll one day try it too.

BBverse is a seperate universe altogether. and it must be a damn site more peaceful considering all the races get along well enough to hold interspecies football leagues. including chaos.

If WHF gets american footbal, why doesn't 40K get REAL football? Too grimdark?

BB is a game for and by retards.

>BBverse is a seperate universe altogether
It is an alternate version of the WHFB world.

>must be a damn site more peaceful
You have never witnessed a game of Blood Bowl, didn't you?

>get along well enough to hold interspecies football leagues
That is the point, the game REPLACED war. And the world did not got fucked.

Because it would end up with hundreds of teams of Space Marines, and only Space Marines.

Elaborate.

>The madness of Nuffle is absolute. All wars ended, races from greenskin to Vampire to Daemon abandoned all other goals than watching the games and playing in them. Nuffle's high cultists, Coaches, lead all beings in obedience to him. Nuffle imposes rules, but is not a true God of Law. He allows cheating, trickery, and destruction but is not a Ruinous Power.

The Four Chaos Gods themselves submit to his rule absolutely, and put aside the Great Game to focus on Nuffle's Big Game.

This sounds fucking amazing. Why isn't anything remotely close to this in the 40K universe?

It's because WHFB > 40k

Yeah man, but if they replaced hundreds of warriors dying for a few people in teams getting wrecked with a few rules, then it is more peaceful.

If you put it like that I gotta agree.
Maybe that's the trick to deal with chaos?

Because 40K used to be a parody game, just like Blood Bowl.

While it's gone off the rails and tried to play its tropes straight, Blood Bowl continues to be aware of just how silly its own concepts are.

>17▶
> (You)
>If you put it like that I gotta agree.
>Maybe that's the trick to deal with chaos?
Maybe thats why we have not seen a lot of Chaos in real life.

kek

>Tau create battle/stealth suits designed for FOOTBAWL.
>Eldar use sneaky hit and run tactics for FOOTBAWL
>Guardsmen just drown the other team in allot of players until it's hard to tell who has the FOOTBAWL
>Orks ork it up
>Necrons literally just walk to the touchdown, casually holding the FOOTBAWL

What I was trying to imply was that just most of the players would roll Space Marine teams, like in 40k.

>Tau create battle/stealth suits designed for FOOTBAWL.
So a gimmick/gadget team like the goblins?

>Eldar use sneaky hit and run tactics for FOOTBAWL
So they are like the elves, again?

>Guardsmen just drown the other team in allot of players until it's hard to tell who has the FOOTBAWL
That could be cool, but kinda OP.

>Orks ork it up
As they already do.

>Necrons literally just walk to the touchdown, casually holding the FOOTBAWL
So like Khemri?

Blood Bowl 40k homebrew by Veeky Forums when?

>imply American football isn't the grimdark one
All that protective gear isn't to keep them safe when getting hit, it's to them them hit others harder without hurting themselves. Injuries become more common as protective gear became more prominent.

This. Much like how people didn't start dying in the ring in boxing until gloves made it so now you can punch as hard as you can without shattering the bones in your hand (as the bones in one's head are far tougher)

What is the actual canon casualty rate of BB games?

So in BB40k everyone wears power armor and power fists, and player deaths are more common?

Well when you think about it, SM armor already kinda looks like overly elaborate football armor

Total team kills are apparently extremely rare considering that one team (I think they were halflings) got into the record books in canon for having the whole team die in a match.

Inuries? A few per game.
Deaths? Every few games, depending on matchings.
Wood Elves or Skaven get murdered a lot more than hardier teams, especially when pitted against those hardier, punchy teams like Dwarves or Orks.

True. So the SM would be the beginner, jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none team?

What about 40k dodgeball?

They already play that, with very tiny balls (but many of them) and permanent player removal.

>All this talk of 40k BB
>Ctrl+F "Slam Jam"
>Nothing
I am ashamed Veeky Forums
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only slam-jam.

youtube.com/watch?v=3OZU3fi08-o

>that halfling looking terrified behind the human

Literally why sign up to even play blood bowl?

Team kills arent that uncommon. The incident you mention is:
"The limit of 16 players per team was only introduced in 2482. Previously, a team could swap players as often as it wished. The rule was finally introduced after the deaths of 743 Halflings from the Greenfield Grasshuggers at the hands of the Asgard Ravens Norse berserker team."