/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/the-labor-party-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Where is the least interesting place in the World of Darkness??
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kfivm4Ct88E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How would you change the Prometheans to be Supernal in origin?
Would you replace Demiurges with Mages?
If they are connected to a path, what associations would you make?
My first guess :
Frankensteins - Obrimos
Osirians - Moros
Ulgan - Thrysus
Galateids - Acanthus?
Tammuz - Mastigos?
Zeka - Abyss/Abyss-tainted Obrimos?
Maybe making Unfleshed mere variants of the five types? I never liked that they HAD to be corpses.

>nuMage

>Where is the least interesting site in the World of Darkness??
Chicago.

I always thought it was scandinavia

Can I fuck humanoid spirits?

Can your dick enter the shadow?

If this shitshow is over: Do any of you play Android: Netrunner? What splat would be best suited to try to run a chronicle set in that setting?

Yes.

Actually fuck all this, I never should've opened a wod general. Not this nor the previous. I'm a vtes player and that only as a crutch to keep me away from opis. And I know the attitude you moms little darkies have against the 3 "cardboard shitters" on Veeky Forums. I think this is some subconscious habit to only grow a rage inside of me so I can gain destructive momentum when I go search for people to start shit with. Thank you little darkies, you have a purpose, but also goddamn if you can be petty and worthless.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kfivm4Ct88E

Ok.

>How would you change the Prometheans to be Supernal in origin?

I wouldn't.

I play Netrunner, but I can't think of a comfortable fit in CofD. Have you taken a look at Shadowrun yet?

>Where is the least interesting place in the World of Darkness??

The city of Gary. Literally everything ever set there is just a prelude to shuffling the characters off to nearby Chicago.

In Forsaken, can werewolves still partially and selectively shapeshift, or has that been thrown out?

To be fair, that's true of actual Gary, IN.

Just for you I'll break some one's knee next thursday when my tolerance break is over. I hope it's someone from these threads. Although I assume an overwhelming majority of you are yanky weaklings and there's no way in neverland I'd go that quuerdom. You know some people live what you speck faced twigboys larp or whatever.

Ok.

you and your kind are relief orifices for stronger men

Ok.

>How would you change the Prometheans to be Supernal in origin?

Prometheans are infused with the fires of the Aether. Prime and Forces seem more than adequate to substitute for the Divine Fire.

Except for making Obrimos linked to Prometheans in manner similar to how Thrysus and Acanthus are associated with spirits and fae, respectively, not much else need change.

It's a gift of the wolf for cunning I believe

Please report to your local Hospital Emergency Room - the total incoherence of that last sentence indicates you may be suffering from a stroke.

Wisdom, actually.

I've had 2 strokes and engcuck isn't my first language.

I'm sorry, Orifice Hours are 9 - 5, Mondays only. Please leave some heavy breathing after the tone, thank you.

>why do people talk about a wod game on the wod general?

Don't like character building economy there, and it's way too high fantasy.

I never would have known, you speak Cuck fluently.

But it is monday and between 9 and 5 where I'm at.

im multilinguist you complete priturek

WHAT IS THE WORST BOOK YOU'VE EVER READ FOR THE WORLD OF DARKNESS???

TELL ME NOW TELL ME

>When you find an interesting homebrew Devotion, but it's from a shitty source and you know your players are going to roll your eyes if you use it
RIP

Mage 20. Thanks, Phil!

If the Dragons ascended, why the Archmasters can't find them?

Friend friend friend. Wherever you are, since it's presumably not America it must be very late for you. Go to sleep.

The Supernal is a big place. Lots of things live way deep in it that nobody has seen.

"can be incoherent in a dozen languages" =/= "multilinguist"

WoD: Gypsies was potentially the worst WoD book I ever fucking saw. There was this knifedancing skill that was supposed to make characters into whirlwinds of death, but the first point gave you a single attack per round. Just like everyone else. There were lacklustre powers, vague connections to every other splat, insipid justifications for being a dick to outsiders alternating with a "poor me" attitude over the persecutions the group had suffered... and worst of all, this is a real life group, a very real demographic that suffer very real discrimination and ostracism, and not, as the book claims, because they are just so special and magical that people hate them on account of them being too beautiful for this toilet earth.

I knew that V5 was going to be a dumpster fire the day Count Swedula declared they were bringing Gypsies back (yeah), those other game companies don't know how to act (yeah), Martin thinks it's special what's behind your back (yeah) so turn around and hand over cash (take it to the bridge).

ok senpai my caretaker said the same too

Funny, since that's where most of America's organized crime is based out of.

I'd like to reserve my answer for later because I believe a forthcoming book will handily outworst them all.

Berlin by Night was pretty fucking shit.

M20 was the biggest disappointment bordering on pure betrayal. Phil hate aside he's done worst with less hype coughchangingbreedscough

Dave, if you're lurking for whatever reason, have you actually ran or played an Awakening 2e game? If you have, how did it go for you?

>have you actually ran or played an Awakening 2e game?
Yes.
>how did it go for you?
Very good, very good.
I'm not exactly happy about everything but most of my complaints will be resolved with the first supplement and I hope the others will be latter.

>no tripcode

Who do you think you're fooling?

>>undefined
RIP

>>undefined
what in tarnation

what the fuck just happened? does anyone else see the OP and the entire thread repeat TWICE in the same thread?
FIX IT NOW KOMODO DADDY

Besides Beast and Mummy, what do people think is the worst gameline?

Changeling.

GODAMN, STOP CASTING SPELLS IN THE GENERAL, IT'S FULL OF PARADOX NOW

Mage.

I've not played it, but I think it actually sounds pretty cool. Each to their own, of course

Those are dangerous words round these parts. I agree, but dangerous words

Sin Eaters? I like the concept (even if less than Geist) but I find quite shovelwarery

Who the fuck are you?

Seriously??? I LOVE both Mage games!
What do you don't like about it?

Could you use Fate and Matter to be the perfect chemist?

More to the point, would Fate Ruling on a Moros make sense?

>why do people talk about a superhero game on the wod general?

>would Fate Ruling on a Moros make sense?

Yes. What is death if not destiny? Also remember Entropy from Ascension.

Huh, another concept I quite like - although I think it sounds a bit pretentious and unnecessarily complicated. Shovelwarey how?

The concept as a whole doesn't appeal to me, nor does the power level, and it all sounds a bit Machiavellian and power-grabby (although less than Vampire, which also doesn't appeal to me besides stuff involving the Strix)

Same thing for almost all other gamelines dude, and horror is a genre, not a powerlevel and even if it wasn't true then only mortal games wouldn't be "superheroes games"

>Also remember Entropy from Ascension.
So Death and Destiny can be used to create Destruction?

The trick would be converting some of the stuff that MtAsc Entropy could do into Attainments for a Fate-Ruling Moros Legacy.

Or you could make a Tremere House that started as a Acanthus Death-Ruling Reaper Legacy and work from there.

Does anyone else feel the limited Nwod (I refuse to use chronicles) are more interesting mostly?

>limited
>More interesting
I don't think you understand what those words mean

I mean the limited run sets, like changeling and promethean.

Hunter: the Reckoning. Hunters are cool because they're limited by their human capabilities — so let's give them direct magical attack powers. Hunters are cool because they're self-directed — so let's give them visions that tell them who to kill. Vigil was a huge improvement just by being more what you'd expect.

Not really, and Changeling didn't wind up being that limited.

>best lore
>best themes
>best mechanics
>best overall

Which splat(s) best aligns with these categories?

I was actually thinking more CofD/nWoD, but this I agree with. Vigil > Reckoning

>best lore
Mage, Changeling, Mummy
>best themes
Changeling
>best mechanics
Mage, Vampire
>best overall
Mage, Vampire

Demons
Demons
Demons
Demons

Your taste is ass, biased fanboy

Looks good to me. I'd give it a 7/10.

>best lore
Werewolf, Mummy
>best themes
Changeling
>best mechanics
Vampire
>best overall
Werewolf, Vampire

okay, okay, new idea..

I magical midget fae dressed as a leprechaun starts skipping into traffic on a freeway, and others are compelled to join him while safety dance plays from seemingly nowhere.

Whats his uh.. what are fae tribes called again?

unseelie bogan?

I was slightly exaggerating, i'm just a fan of demons.

Honestly I think Demons or Werewolves have the best mechanics

Best lore is Changeling

Best themes, Changeling, Hunter or Demon

Best Overall: Hunter or Demon

Sounds like Demon the Descent to me

A beautiful sidhe who looks remarkably similar to an old mans dead wife dresses up like her in her youth and claims she has come back into his life.

The man has alzheimers.

Bam. Done. Next Amelie in the bag. Hire a pretty french girl and a pretencious arthouse director and we will have croissants for life.

>best themes
>changeling
Pick one fairy boy. Ptsd rape victim otherkin stories fucking suck and reeks of magical

You know they are awakened from birth right? They don't fucking know. They don't fucking know. Its weird, like they just don't know or don't care that children are not supposed to do that.

I'm new to the series, what is the problem with Mage 20?

>best lore
Vampire, Demon, Hunter
>best themes
Vampire, Demon, Changeling
>best mechanics
Demon, Hunter
>best overall
Demon

It's also retarded to rate splats by best or worst, since it's entirely subjective
apart from Mage which is pure shit no matter the angle

what's the best splat to serve food for all other splats?

Mage. Life Arcanum. Culinary wizard extraordinaire.

Changelings, because Goblin Fruit.

Not new, but seconded, as I haven't had a chance to so much as skim it yet.

Eh...

Demon (oWoD)
Vampire (oWoD)
No Clue (I'm mostly in WoD for the lore)
Vampire/Demon (oWoD)

So how would someone looking to get into WoD get started?

Thirded.

So... have we got a release date for Beck's Diary? It feels like forever since I said fuck that to the Kickstarter goal that actually gave you a physical copy.

By reading Vampire: the Requiem 2nd edition.

Can you give me a quick overview of why people say that it's rules are much better than vampire: the mascarade?

By reading Mage: The Awakening 2nd Edition.

But Mage is craaaAAAaaap~

No more moving TNs. Most attacks resolve with a single roll. Generation relaxed. Celerity no longer the fuck shit king of combat. Blood magic no longer hogged by a couple clans. They kept the five best clans but bloodlines leave infinite room to add to them. Improved Humanity covers alienation as a theme. Flexibility in the system and setting allow for wide variety between campaigns.

But Vampire is craaaAAAaaap~

Don't allow the game to be besmirched by haters and shitposters. It's good.

>Gives sage advice on not listening to shitposters
>to a shitposter

Am I allowed to ask why so many of you hate Awakening?