>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>Previous thread:

Eladrin or Gith?

Neither

>Eladrin or Gith?
Gith. I really want to play a Githzerai monk now

ToA pdf?

Has anyone found a shareable copy of Tomb of Annihilation yet? I can't find one anywhere. My LGS won't have it until tomorrow and I'm supposed to start DMing it on wednesday

>Eladrin or Gith
Human

No, but the adventure starts in Baldur's Gate, and an NPC wizard teleports you to Chult to end the curse. You end up in some coastal town I think. You can brush on on your Baldur's Gate, and just stretch the first part way out if you want.

I have a feat fetishl

Well, Stout Halflings are implied to be the result of halfling/dwarf crossbreeding, and back in the days of AD&D, Tallfellows were likewise implied to be elf/halfling hybrids.

I'd argue that halfling is a "dominant" race, so crossbreeding would just produce halfling subraces, sort of like how planetouched are all defined by their planar lineage or half-orcs are defined more by being Orcs than anything else.

So do we not have a scan of ToA yet?

Oh gods that multiple personality feature of the Eladrin is just going to be snowflake bait......

Gith looks decent though.

Good idea, though with the giant incursion everywhere, wouldn't the audience be triggered as fuck by seeing Harshnag there? Though he is part of Force Greys and the lore state that he's a known name in the Sword Coast due to affiliation. It could project the players that not all giants are bad and all. Might bring in some interesting roleplay (esp since one of my PC backgrounds has it that he hates giants due to what they did to his village.)

Do you see it in the OP? Do you see it being drowned in (you)s? The answer is no you fucktard, Jesus Christ every thread learn to be patient.

Is Tomb of Annihilation even out in print yet? How are we supposed to have scans in the module hasn't even been released yet?

Where the fuck have you been? ToA has been released in print since friday.

>Best gunslinger I've seen for 5e.

See this user gets it!

>Eladrin is just going to be snowflake bait
>It's our way of acknowledging people with multiple personalities or who are "fluid"
>We have to ensure they feel welcome by making an entire class based around it

>mercer/criticalrole shit

get the fuck out

Stop shilling Mercer's homebrew. He doesn't understand the design philosophy behind 5e and constantly tries to balance out very powerful abilities with harsh drawbacks. It might be fun but it's not well balanced.

>making an entire class based around it
It's a fucking elf subrace you autist, stop projecting your insecurities so hard

I *know* the Gith pretty well. Eladrin, not so much.

You're silly, and I hate you for it.

This opens a whole new line of investigation, thanks user!

>Naruto RPG
>Special Thanks
>Kubo Tite

>Getting this upset over shitposting
I think the only one that needs to stop projecting is (you) :^)

With amazing content like this, why would anyone even need ToA?

GOTEEM

DO NOT HANDLE HALFLINGS

>he doesn't know what projection is

I think seasonal themes are cool, but I don't get how it makes Eladrins different from normal people.
>When I'm angry, I get bold and aggressive. What am I? I super elf or like a normal fucking person?

>tries to balance out very powerful abilities with harsh drawbacks
>not well balanced
Well, which one exactly is the problem? You make it sound as if it's possible to balance extreme perks, but the sentence preceding it condemned him for trying.

Hahaha very funny.
I am saving that still though.

Guys, when are we going to get a druid that transforms into monstrous plants instead of gay furry shit?

>campain has dog-kobolds
Should I be worried?

DON'T YOU DARE JUDGE ME user, DON'T YOU DARE

>Not playing an Eladrin that changes gender with the season

Either furry, grognard, or furry grognard. Not really any worse than cutebolds though.

Unrelated
post cutebolds please

I mean... kobolds are pretty much dragon dogs anyway. Unless you mean they're actually like that pic, in which case get out while you still can

>Dog kobolds
You gon' get yiffed son, possibly IRL

Warforged Plant Druid?

>Eladrin
>Their character trait is becoming aggressive when something makes them really angry or grieving when something really sad happens to them
So basically it's for players that doesn't understand how to roleplay emotional states?

>Should I be worried?
If it's a Ragnarok campaign, no

Like.... Kobolds as small doggo furries, or kobolds of classic editions where they were scaly humanoids with dog-like faces?

>Kobold

?

What the sack is a cutebold when it's at home?

LEAVE

>sort of like how planetouched are all defined by their planar lineage or half-orcs are defined more by being Orcs than anything else
And mulattoes are still niggers.

Terrified.

About to get level 4 on my monk, Should I increase Dex, Wis or is there a good feat for Monks?

>Accuses someone else of insecurities
>Based off a single shitpost
>Not projecting their own insecurities over the issue
Really nigga

DM sent that pic to exemplify, so I guess they're all more or less like that.

>only having four genders
Get the fuck out you bigot.

Post empty character sheet pls. Also, more wisdom.

If you are a shadow monk go Mage Slayer and teleport right next to enemy spellcasters and proceed to punch them right in their magic effeminate penis whenever they try to cast shit

I'd definitely max dex to 20 as soon as possible to have the best chance to hit with your fists no matter what kind of monk you are.

Is the ruleset easy to use for an Urban Fantasy setting?

Well, spells like Sending become pretty irrelevant

Don't walk, run.

You laugh but I had a player ask if they could play a Shifter that also changes gender when they go beastial.

Well, eladrin being what they are, it's possible they don't fully grasp the concept of other beings having complex emotions, and therefore believe themselves to be the only "true" sapient race in creation.

Run far away and never look back.

To be honest, in this instance, it sounds more of a blessing than a curse

Projecting so hard you should work at a cinema. Calm the fuck down, or come to terms with your gender dysmorphia. Fucksake.

I think for the Gunslinger port specifically, it's the Misfire rules which are a carryover from Pathfinder that the user is talking about.

For me, I remove the Misfire chance but lower the damage die by 1 size on the revolvers to balance it out.

>elves/eldarin are too autistic to realize they're the only autists in the universe
It all makes sense now.

So they're a perfect subrace for /5eg/

I just imagine elves with the whole foppish, over-dramatic Fae nonsense dialed up. Massive highs and lows. Goofy, probably eventually tiresome.

Am I missing something here? That's a kobold from Suikoden, I'm assuming the DM is running a game styled after a 90s JRPG.

It's the official WotC character sheet, you can find it anywhere

Only thing worse than a furry is a furry weeb. Run.

>My character was an Eladrin Soul-Knife but it turned out that Eladrin were banned and nobody told me
>So then it got turned in to a High Elf
>But then Eladrin got unbanned so I got to change it back
>It's a Haunted One with the combination of the "I talk to spirits that no one else can see" flaw and the Mystic quirk of relying on imaginary companions' approval
>And not my character has multiple personalities

Goddamn. My poor bastard is screwed the HELL up in the head.

Not gonna lie, I was looking for this because my friends thought I was lying about how long it was.

so...thanks I guess?

>Well, which one exactly is the problem?
5e's design philosophy is, in part, about eliminating or simplifying 'negatives' as much as possible. It's why stuff like races/classes/items don't have negative stat adjustments and advantage/disadvantage is a simple tertiary state that doesn't stack. There's plenty of cost opportunity and limitations, but very few things use an actual drawback to balance their effects-- and when they do it's usually a very simple one. Balancing a really strong effect with a really strong detriment doesn't really fit 5e.

Do you guys appreciate what your DMs do?

I'm playing with newbies, and it seems they have no idea or appreciation at all. At all. I'm having a good time DM'ing, but if they just used 1% of the time I use to learn the rules and characters, things would be so much easier...

perfect for a mystic to be insane desu

You don't appreciate a good dm until you play with a bad one. Try asking one of them to dm a one-shot.

Stop telling them how to play their characters and pump the difficulty up to force them to look at their character sheet to try and find something to solve the problem.

This works best after you give them something their character wants. They now have a character they want to keep alive and will now try their best to stay alive.

For the rules, either start putting enemies with unique rules in front of them or traps or situations that could have easily been avoided if they knew the rules.

Explain this "5e Design Philosophy" thing. I hear this thrown around here very often and I really don't think everyone (or at least me) gets it.

Where in the DMG does it state you have to simplify everything to make it so your class does not have an extra mechanic? Where does it state you can't have a class have a heavy drawback in favor of more power? Is this an unspoken rule or something that /5eg/ has embedded into each other minds? Is this somewhere in a Sage Advice?

To me a class like this () has its place in this game. There are no classes in the game that have a high-risk high reward system, so it fills a missing spot in the list. Also, im not saying this class is perfect I'm just saying I think you guys might be jumping to conclusions a little quickly without really testing it.

What's the coolest magic item you've ever seen?

Is Banishment the best way to deal with a Golem when you just need it out of the fight?

>There are no classes in the game that have a high-risk high reward system
somewhere under a bridge, wild magic sorcerer weeps, forgotten by one and all.

The Wild Magic Sorcerer actually helps with my earlier claim, whats wrong with the Gunslinger class having a similar mechanic of risk (Bad rolls jamming guns) and reward (High damage and range).

I mean you say that but the risk is a level 3 fireball on your ass, and the reward is a reincarnate spell to make up for the fireball on your ass, if you're lucky.

Can tieflings have heterochromia?

At a cursory glance what bothers me most about this approach is that unless it rolls badly most of the time it's going to be outperforming other attackers, and a wealthy PC could simply carry 3 or 4 guns and then not care much about misfires. The guns rules in the DMG seem a safer option game-design-wise.

Just play an Eldarin, they're probably perfect for you

Yes, Farideh from Brimstone Angels has it.

What kind of question is this?
Is there any reason they couldn't? Is there any mechanical benefit to heterochromia? What the fuck is stopping you from just saying your character has it?

Seriously, what the fuck kind of question is this?

I'm asking this entirely to fuck with someone else.
Oh hey neat. I was gonna say one blue and one red, this is even more special snowflake.
I meant as in setting-wise if it was even a physical possibility. Again, I wanted to fuck with someone because I was filling them with one of the edgiest ideas I could possibly come up with for a Tiefling.

What about the PC who does not have the time or money to craft more of these. In my experience, one of my players only had 2 guns and barely had the time to craft the other one.

I will say they can outperform other attackers if they rolled really well even though 5-15+% of the time they will be doing much less than them.

Wand of Magic Missle 2
Fires one very powerful projectile, 6 total charges, no known way to replenish them

It was a gun

>DM with 8 years experience asks me to take over running our games
>Never DM'd before
>"It'll be easy just follow ToA"
>Agree, get the book on Friday
>First chapter throws you right into the biggest city and expects you to manage dozens of plot threads, NPCS and somehow deliver almost the entire stories lore
>First session tommorow
>It's going to be a disaster

kill me

I believe in you user. Trial by fire is the best way to learn what it means to DM.
Just google tiefling mutation chart.

I am upset at the lack of catgirls

I made this large set of magic items for my campaign/campaigns. I love Virtuous Calamity.

Tome or Chain for Raven Queen Warlock?

Thanks bruh, I just hope I dont scare off our new players

well if you have time...
learn one of the dungeons in there and start the session in media res of a combat.
your players'll know what to do, and you can end the session with them victorious and on their way back to town

which you'll have a few days to prepare since it's going to be awesome and they'll want more

Hi /5eg/, I'm playing my first DnD campaign in a few weeks time and I've got to start making a character, I figured I'd do something shamelessly ripping off pic related with an Elven battlemaster/fighter.

My problem is with stats and understanding exactly what they mean. I kinda need something like from Fallout New Vegas where it had something like STR 10 being 'Hercules' and STR 3 being 'Wet Noodle', which sort of explained that an utterly average individual would have a 5 on every stat. How do DnD stats match up with real-world attributes?

Basically, is someone with a strength stat of say, eight, some feeble DYEL or just an average strength man? Is someone with intelligence of 10 quite smart or more towards 'dumb as bricks'? I'm worried I'll stat my character and discover later one that I can't be a tank for the group because I gave my character the CON of a twelve year old asthmatic. Where does the average sit, I figured maybe twenty is the max, so average would be 10?