I need some advice with a thing

I need some advice with a thing.

Basically I want my party to finish my current story arc, by fighting an Arch Devil, who will be the size of a real human when compared to our miniatures.

My problem is, if I do this it might take a while before I can outscale this thing.

Also my party is only level 5 now(they should be level 7, by the time the arc reaches this point).

My question is basically what do I do?

Hire someone to dress up,as an arch devil and stand on your table.

>they should be level 7
>what do I do?
Don't have them fight an archdevil, you fucking mongoloid.

They'll be getting backup from 2 great spider queens, a Solar, an ancient dragon and a small army from the boneyard.

They'll have a relatively small chance of getting tpk'd.

if you use models to depict the player characters then simply cut out black footprints with sharp toenails to denote where the devil stands.

if you are worried about the battle being too climactic then have the devil bound to some kind of crystal/whatever and have the main goal of the fight be surviving long enough to destroy it.

the characters will be able to win the battle without actually defeating the devil and you can save the actual confrontation until the end of the storyline.

alternatively you can have the players seek to awaken a giant protector golem which will fight off the devil godzilla style. this allows for the players to defeat the enemy indirectly.

>They'll be the mostly irrelevant sidekicks of2 great spider queens, a Solar, an ancient dragon and a small army from the boneyard.

FTFY. And you should stop GMing.

>They'll be getting backup from muh GMPCs
And here I sit, watching my last tiny spark of hope that this was a serious post, as opposed to a blatant troll, wither to ash before mine eyes.

Hope is a lie.

Nah man.
Im having fun as fuck.

Why would I have to stop? I have dozens of ideas how to make them relevant.

The battle essentially takes place on top of a giant tower the arch Devil created, so either way itll only be like the upper torso or so of my bbeg.

Also he'll run away when he reaches half hp.
It all happens near the border between his plane of hell and a pocket plane, of the spider gods.

Whats wrong with making backround battles that are essentially flavour? Its supposed to be this grand moment of war between dozens of grand beings.

Jeez what is up with you all being so fucking butthurt about this?

Im seriously trying to make this work and asking for legit help.

>>muh GMPC's

Im not going to play them out like real pve combat. theyll be flavour to the scene basically.

>posts a weeb pic

Please just stop this is painful.
If you want real advice, and if you're playing 5e, the DMG has some info on climbing onto larger creatures. So take advice from there and maybe look at some boss fights from videogames (prince of persia, wow deathwing fight etc.) to get inspiration.

Get some cardboard boxes and tape them up together till they fit the dimensions, and then draw a crude humanoid devil shape on the sides. It'll be fine if it looks scratchy or poor quality; you can pass that off as the devil being so big that they can't really make out the details do to its massive scale.

Oh and to add to this: if you're going to add those very powerful creatures, make them give buffs/debuffs mostly, or something like that, so give them a more passive role in combat to give your players a feeling of agency.

Fling a sphere of annihilation at it.

>if I do this it might take a while before I can outscale this thing
How so? Danger and excitement aren't merely a matter of size. If you just mean "what can I do next that is bigger in size?", then yeah, you're kinda blowin' your wad here. If you instead mean, "What can I do next that will be more thrilling?", then just make their next obstacle something that makes an archdevil look like a bitch.

While I agree with everyone else. The part where everyone comes together to take out the endboss should be saved for the end of the campain. not just an arc

If you want a mini go for a papercraft devil head. Just google it.

Already planning on that.
The spider queens basically act as platform manipulators and a sort of shield for the party, the dragon a distraction, the boneyard army is there to fight any of the Arch Devils flying minions and the Solar wont pop up till round 13, because he has to manifest himself there.

After this battle the party gets some nifty titles and rewards too.

In general this is an attempt to make it seem like the world around them is alive and dependent on their actions.

The endboss is the 5th rider of the apocalypse, who commands the incarnation of the concept of Destruction, in the form of a planet eating, three-headed dragon.

This guy would have been a lvl 18 or so boss at most.

I cant think of many things exactly that could do that.
Ofcourse since they have help here, the fact that they wont in the next epic scale encounter will make it slightly easier, but im still wondering what would make this look insignificant in turn.

Wow, stop DMing any time now.

No.
I like doing it. Why should i?

Players are supposed to be the centerpiece of your game, not your dumbshit NPCs.

refer to genius.

i swear this is my DM
are your initials TS by any chance?

I was the first guy to call OP a retard, but I get it now.

The defeat of an archdevil leaves a void of power that longs to be filled, and not all the PCs ersatz allies agree on how the filling should be done.

The focus is on the PCs, you ninny.

Have them fight an archdevils lieutenant, or have them investigate a cult in the area, something more geared for lvl 5-7.

Do NOT make a situation where the PCs are passive observers with little effect on the story, it is the antithesis of TTRPGs.

I realize where I fucked up now in my description.
Wanted to be quick and concise, but apparently this is required.

The tower is a prison made of steel, that gets ripped apart by the Arch Devil.

The spider queens hold up several platforms, with their threads, so that the players can traverse to all of them.

Several of the platforms have cannons on them. These cannons will bring the Arch Devil down to the main platform( the top of the tower), after which the party can hit the AD in the face. with ALL their shit.

Every NPC is simply a background character that ASSISTS the party.

Oh you bet this is gonna piss of the AD AND make Inferno a tad chaotic in the following times.

to be fair the antithesis of RPGs are normie shitlords who have to use 'tabletop' to differentiate them from CRPGs, the term used by any true goon (but your thing is a close second)

My god. Read the thread you bloody mong.

Refer to bloodyand Why the fuck would I ever DM if I did that?
As for the fighting lieutenants part, this will come too. I have several already designed.

this guy talks exactly like my DM as well, i'm like 97% certain it's him

Whats your gm's initials?

No really.
If your name is Madis then get the fuck out of this thread you cunt.