>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>I shall fear nothing, for I am what you fear.
youtube.com/watch?v=pQYtbAnRy98

>Previous Thread(s):

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCsmD5774MOQhjYBkXqu3Jdw
youtube.com/watch?v=yi-1Gx386ag
youtube.com/watch?v=we0nOvtAMw4
youtu.be/ltH1eWxZutE?t=316
wargameexclusive.com/shop/chaos/chaos-decayed-prince-of-daemons-28mm/
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Finally finished these silly pants mans

And this waaagh banner.
C&C please

Backlog is running out thankfully

>Backlog is running out thankfully

You're doing it wrong.

Painting for a friend. First go at doing flames.

Is there any way to shrink/clone a 54mm miniature into Heroic Scale that does not involve modeling the mini in 3d software?
I'd be fine with shrinking it down to 32mm.

The fuck kind of question is that? You got a shrink ray, nigga? You think you can use the shrink and enlarge tool in real life? Is your mini made of grows-when-wet rubber dinosaur material?

Millennials these days, what the fucking shit.

Anyone have any knowledge on how to make terrain? I'm wanting to get into mini games and I like the appeal of making terrain.

Gimp is amazing to test colors

kek'd

Fucking hell

youtube.com/channel/UCsmD5774MOQhjYBkXqu3Jdw

fill your boots

A rubber mold can easily be expanded by soaking it in toluene for a couple days, I just wanted to know if shrinking was possible. It is.

Thanks for nothing Veeky Forums

You're welcome.

What are YOU working on RIGHT NOW?

CSM conversions finally have shoulder pads, ready for priming and painting

I am planning doing some modelling in blender or autoCAD to make a prototype weapon for one of my imperial guard dudes. some kind of "power rapier", which i will then scult or 3d print. and if anybody could give me some general tips about power weapon design, I would love to hear them

also does anyone else use 3d modelling for their custom pieces.

this might be better off as on /gd/ or /3/ but I'll post here about it first

when I was younger, I dipped every single one of my necrons into metallic paint and then put little pieces of green cellophane over the gauss rifles and the eyes because i dipped the see-through plastic bits in as well. your models looks fantastic on the other hand. so good job!

Leviathan is the best dreadnought, getting closer to finishing it off too.

Prepare to have your mind blown.

(Their not mine, but obviously an alpha legion cell)

holy shoot user howd you do those scratches and stuff
i love that

Has anyone done any kitbashing with the Company Master or Space Marine Captain blister packs?

For a unit with so many wargear options, there's not much in the way of actual customization.

Flames are good. Those scales make my dick hard.

I used a bit of foam and roughed it up a bit, using whatever colour you're highlighting the section with (in this case wild wider red) and liberally apply with the sponge. After this I used Dryad bark and cover most of it up, leaving it showing at the bottom. Finally put some metallics in the middle.
Hope this helps.

PLEASE HELP
I want to make a carrying case for a Temepstus Scions project I'm doing as a gift. If I buy some kind of magnetic sheeting and line a box with it, then put something metallic on the bottom of the bases will this work? How strong are the things on amazon? This seems like a cheap and easy solution if it works. Anyone do this?

That reminds me of something I've been pondering: How would one show Alpha Legionnaires throwing off their disguises, so to speak? The simplest method would be to paint the initial force as Loyalists and the reinforcements as Alpha Legion, but that seems lacking to me.

Showing their paint peeling off to reveal Alpha colours underneath, maybe? But I'm not sure how to do that. Or having some kind of transitional effect where the colours switch, like they have some kind of cloaking device which is failing?

check this
youtube.com/watch?v=yi-1Gx386ag
youtube.com/watch?v=we0nOvtAMw4

you guys should too

my ungor, i just tied up the last bowsstring. they are nearly ready for primer but it's dark and rainy outside so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

>t's dark and rainy outside so that will have to wait until tomorrow.
I know that feel bro

Imo you are probably better of if you use a piece of wire for a rapier.
For other kind of weapons you could definitely do that, but you have to consider that you need a minimum material thickness for most pieces and if you even get it to look right with printing it will be probably rather fragile.

Thinking up how I will kitbash a chaos dreadnought since I don't like the helbrute

if it doesnt fuck up the undercoat you could always use that paint chipping medium with the undercoat being alpha legion blue and whatever you wanted on top

Just have the hydra tattoo under their helmets.

Just hanging alpha legion flags and shit ontop of whatever symbols they have one their armor currently.

You could even go the Sci-fi route and have it be digital paint or whatever and paint them half-way through changing color.
Kind of like 5:16 in this:
youtu.be/ltH1eWxZutE?t=316

Amazon has a huge range of things dude. I'd suggest lining the box with metal and putting magnets in the bases-- tiny rare earth magnets are the usual recommendation-- but I admit I don't know how much thin sheet steel costs. Craft store magnetic sheeting doesn't tend to be very strong though. Try looking it up on YouTube first?

I've been painting my guard so that half of them can be used as traitor guard as well as just normal.

So here I have a prison warden type, a prisoner and a standard stormtrooper.

First time painting wraithguard, not really sure how to pattern them. Most official examples have the body one entire color and the head a secondary one but that feels kinda weird to me.

I did a few practice patterns to see what works or not, I really like fuchsia and black as a color combo and eldar seems like one of the few armies that can make it work.

So yeah, any of these pop out to you guys? Any patty I could change to look better?

When I try to spray my primer, drops of liquid paint plop out instead. Why?

Found some time between bouts of Destiny 2 grinding to get some time in on my Necromancer Warband for Frostgrave.

Got the really easy to paint Skeletons done this evening.

Got the rest of the basic sorta troop guys base coated with good old Deck Tan. Hoping to get most of them done in the next couple of days.

Bonus shot of the Crypt terrain piece I'm also working on undercoated and ready for a nice quick airbrush coat of a medium grey.

You should get that GW cemetery terrain piece.

Garden of Morr? I've been thinking about getting a couple of those.

This crypt I just happened to tag on to my latest Reaper order because it was designed by the same guy who did all the Undead I ordered.

I haven't opened the GW kit yet, do you know if the interiors have detail? I'd like to leave the roofs unglued so games can have people go inside them.

I'd probably get it anyway because it has the same motif as my Witchfate Tor, but it'd be cool if it did.

Far right (black/white/pink) and second from left (blue/white/red) look best; the other two have poor color distribution--not enough white on far left; not enough variation on legs on second from right, and that one looks like it's wearing Mickey Mouse gloves to boot.

I think second from left has the best color scheme, but that's partly because I'm a bit sensitive and can't stand the hot pink against black. Far right is actually the most striking design.

Yeah that's pretty dead on with what I was feeling too. I really like the far right one but I'm worried about how much black there is. It kinda looks like I was to lazy to paint it so I just picked one color. Also I feel like some of the details get lost. Maybe some hilights or even more skeleton designs like what I did on the ribs would work too.

WIP Destroyer Lord conversion.

>Why can't I hold all these skulls

Personally I'd have him actually hold the scythe in one hand instead of a skull but it looks good regardless. Maybe put the scythe in his right hand and that skull in his little shoulder hand?

but muh hilarious image responses

thanks for the videos, I might have to try this

So before I paint the teeth on this Grot I'm here to ask if I should paint a blood effect (with GW's BftBG) on the power klaw here?

I wanted him to look like he's trying to decide which skull to keep.

well it's pretty clean at the moment... not a fan of blood on minis personally.

>no c&c

Dug my old escher models out since necromunda is returning. Kinda happy how this turned out, never did dark skin before

Wow that resolution is shit. How about this?

paint looks a bit lumpy, could be down to the priming, the skintone itself looks a bit yellow too

brb fapping

Sadly /wip/ doesn't care about anything that's not space marines
My advice to you is more highlights. It's kinda obvious you just did a basecoat and wash on the clothes, which is fine for boyz, but for Nobz and characters you should really go the extra mile.
On the other hand, I love the fancy pants you've given them. They look great.

>caring about NPCs

>npcs
>more powerful than space marines
Okay

Thought y'all might want to see this.

user posted it on the main 40kg a couple hours ago.

Nice space marines.
in all seriousness i've been watching since you first started posting these, they've turned out great.

Thanks man. Gotta get highlight colour i suppose. Not too sure if blood was worth it but oh well

Boasting this thread cause some dumb ass user made duplicate thread.......

That's some heresy right there
I love it

> Que 90's Xmen theme

Nice Storm there user.

Ok, no blood then.

The rest of them.

Doing a Death Guard army themed around the ocean and salvage, and I'm trying to think of what a good base for a Daemon Prince model would be.
I wanna make an anchor or something for his weapon, but I'm not a fan of the two official Daemon Prince models, any people more in the know when it comes to conversions have any ideas of what I could start off?

Posting here because of duplicate thread.

Looks a little pic related

So how the fuck do i get my brush to stop splitting while im painting? This is with a brand new high quality brush and it just frustrated me to the point that i stop painting when the brush will just randomly split while trying to paint.

Anyone happen to know where I can find some cheap crucified people? My ancient needs a decoration on his standard

>Dat modern chaos johnny
I like them

What chapter/legion?

Homebrew Exorcist successor chapter

Stop clogging it with dried paint.

Kewl

>This is with a brand new high quality brush

... reading comprehension please. I have never used this brush before and it starts splitting at the tip.

Finally got these guys started, my chosen squad, Megadeath, I painted Dave Mustaine first.

try cleaning it with brush cleaner and see if that makes a differnce, the brush could just be fucked though.

Wargames Exclusive has lots NOT chaos stuff including Nurgle. Go check them out.

wargameexclusive.com/shop/chaos/chaos-decayed-prince-of-daemons-28mm/

Pic related could probably be done up in a deep sea Big Daddy style.

Scratch building a Tyranid BFG fleet, going ok but I'm finding green stuffing tricky as hell

Hey mate, the best way to do what you are trying to do is actually to do it the other way atound. Line the box with some sheet metal and put some small rare earth hobby magnets underneath your models. Apparently this works great and i doubt that the magnetic sheet your talking about will be strong enough to be useful. You can buy the hobby magnets on ebay pretty cheap too.

That is wonderful

Thanks man, I have put so many hours into this project it doesn't bare thinking about. I will end up with a 2k+ pt fleet for next to no expenses all made from old Tyranid bits I had laying around

How did you manage to paint them if you can't touch this?

I like it. It comes of as proppa' orkish.

He looks really good mate. Well done!

Anyone working on a board for Armies on Parade?

Neat!

The big ships seem a bit tacked-together (just my opinion, sorry), but I absolutely love the little nautilus-dudes.

Thanks pal.

>Anyone have any knowledge on how to make terrain?

Dig around in this Mega: mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

Nigel Stillman's guide to making terrain from 1996 is in there. If you wish to make terrain, or just be an all-around swell chap to game with, you could do worse than to emulate him. Cereal packet is ideal!

I like how battleworn the painted fella' is.

That shit's great! Keep us posted.

I tried using the new brush and it started splitting the tip pretty much as soon as i used it, brush is perfectly clean so i have no idea if its me doing something wrong or if its the brush =\

Fairly minor conversion, but I've been working on an Inquisitor for SW:A. Apologies for the quality - it's evening and the light is going.

Never really liked Greyfax's head, so I swapped it out for something a little more sinister and faceless, and replaced the Condemnor boltgun with a nice, workmanlike autopistol.

I have that exact model, just a heads up about it, some areas you can see the layering from the 3D printing

Not a terrible mini but I'm struggling to find the full nurgle love I give to my other DG minis

They are very tacked together, no where near completed at this stage