What I made, What the DM saw, What I played

Haven't had one of these threads in a while.
Post em

forgot the template

...how did you get to this?

Campaign took place on Tallarn and over time I decided to see what it'd be like playing a marine as a Saracen instead of a Crusader, faith and devotion take many shapes.

Interesting. What would you consider the big differences to be? I suppose a Crusader is defined by the fact that he comes from elsewhere, and is engaged in a form of conflict that is distinctly religious in contrast to a secular war, while a Saracen is usually depicted on his home turf, and follows a philosophy where religion and secular authority are so tightly intertwined that most conflicts have at least some religious dimension. this is based on fantasy archetypes rather than the real deal, of course

This character was the most dynamic thing i ever played and is even tied for for the most fun. Had an arc of growing as a person, lived to a happy ending. He even made the killing blow on the game's bbeg and hitched up with the other survivor of the near tpk.

who needs detect evil when you have trials by ordeal and judicial combat

Is a template really necessary though?

more obligatory

Did he cast invisibility a lot?

Time to play "lets pick out all the awful posts made by autists who need to fucking explain or stop making their pictures like a 90's myspace page!" HWEEE!

Surprisingly just these three, and all the third one really needs is an explanation. #1 needs to stop jacking off under the game table.

Explain your posts.

See It was really mostly roleplaying - my GM basically gave us the gist of the campaign (That we were to help protect a city on Tallarn considered sacred from a warband of Orks.) This seemed like an obvious leadin for a crusade-themed campaign, and at first I played along (albeit with my Marine as the quiet one) until I decided to make my character in a different direction, as though the Crusaders and Saracens teamed up to fight off an army time-travelling football hooligans. The GM was pretty chill with it, though I don't know if her ever noticed the shift in styles.

>awful posts made by autists who need to fucking explain

A short elaberation of is literally what i did in the very post you were railing on dipshit.

Pretty boy fighter who received good training by virtue of having rich parents. He is the only one in the party who even tries to hold his ground in social situations.

honestly some of the most fun I've had

I gave him a chance to surrender. The whole party heard me give him a chance to surrender.

I'm this jerk's DM, ama.

How did you allow cute girls to carry nukes?

ok. so here's a fucking explanation.

>fig1
so I rolled up your standard "By Gods Will" Paladin

>fig2
The DM assumed I was going to; kill all the things, because they detected evil.

>fig3
Instead I put on my very best Talhoffer hat and tried to solve problems through application of trials by ordeal, judicial combat, and faith.

Up until the part where the player blew all of their resources on a single charge attack, annihilating a miniboss with a CR equal to the player's HD, this character had been the epitome of Lawful Nice.
She was so pleasant I had no reason to suspect that she'd go from 0 to 11 after rolling initiative. FFS she knocked on the raider's door and asked if she could come in. Of course they let her- as far as they knew it, was an 18 Charisma 20-something paladin all on her lonesome, and WAY out of her depth, and there were like twenty of them. As far as they were concerned it was a free meal.
The only reason they suspected something was amiss was because she dropped a tactical nuke-smite evil on their boss turn 1.

Babby's first TRPG character. That there on the background for ''what I played'' is their deity's Holy Symbol drawn in MSPaint by me.

it was fun hiding how hard I minmaxed Sona from all of you for as long as I could.

I gave him a chance to surrender.

You sound dumb as shit.

I made a fire wizard with boastful personality and a lot of muscles. He was generally a nice guy. But the game has gone in such a direction that he was constantly put in situations where his magic either didn't work or was to dangerous to use (I think GM was trying to contain him a little).

So most of the fights were done with him using just a little magic and beating people with his bare hands. There was one time he sailed on top of a table from a second floor of an inn, that was on fire and pelted by ice shards at the same time (and landed on the face of the bad guy which was nice plus).

His other adventures seen things like - beating a bunch of zombies with another zombie, going 1v1 vs a centaur without magic and winning, beating a couple of muggers with a door.

that's fair

I made a murder dwarf, but I ended up just being more grumpy than murder dwarf. All the time since my party were being dipshits and forcing me to take all of combat turns to save vital NPCs. I rarely was able to save them.

Here have one I posted in a previous thread while I make one for my wood elf rogue

Gonna need details on this one desu

Here you are Veeky Forums

Me and my group decided to fuck with the gm, so everyone of us rolled a female and picked a color.
I took white.

My "Smug" accent ended up linking into my native Southern and thus created this.

Smug upperclass southerner is always great.

LARP character.
I played android-scientist, who was a part of a small shuttle that accidentally crashed into planet with fantasy-esque civilization. I obeyed my orders, followed my protocols and couldn't speak a lie, but unfortunately I had to betray captain of shuttle because of his plans to make this planet a resource-gathering colony. I organized a conspiracy with natives, and it kind of worked.

I can finally post one

Tell us the story. if you're gonna taunt us with the filename you gotta back it up.

Why am I laughing so hard?

I've got a few of these I made.
First was a 250 year old Dwarf Fighter. He was a grizzled veteran who, before the start of the campaign, accidentally murdered his wife and daughter in a tragic string of events.
By the time of the campaign he was a tired old killer, trying to make peace with himself and find a future that didn't involve violence. As the campaign progressed, he began to realize that redemption would never be possible, and murder was the only thing he would ever be good at.
He was also a culinary genius, and relied heavily on alcohol to drown his tragic past.

Great concept.

played a dm homebrewed abyssal tiefling dragoon. ended up being party's voice of chastity and relative sanity all while failing every stealth check ever and getting knocked out about once every two fights.

Started out as a typical treasure hunter, then the collective idiocy of the party forced me into being Team Dad and the disciplinarian whilst trying to avoid the infighting amongst characters.

not my first dead character, but it was really unceremonious and unfortunate.

I'm just gonna pretend you played a crazy woman possessed/fused by a really grouchy Piccolo who is also a Japanese paladin

You're not too far, but that sounds like a great character concept anyways.

I just want to imagine her sometimes having a seizure and suddenly screaming mid-battle about rice and dodging before she shoots off like seven impaling death beams all uzi-ki wildfire

If she doesn't tear off her own arm and scream as she force-regrows it at some point *you have failed*

made a tiefling warlock.
a scholar who'd discovered a "artefact"

after a fight where I eldritch blasted something for a disgusting amount of damage.
the game shifted into geek the mage edition.

After a few sessons of steering away from "KA ZAP" powers (at the behest of the DM) and towards Illusory, mind controly, wibblby wobbly powers.
I fell off the sanity chart so hard that off he went to become a NPC and latter a BBG.

Homebrew playtest growing pains

You. I like you.

Self-styled Paladin following after the footsteps of all his beloved childhood idols, be they from novels or people that personally inspired him. Emphasis on the ''do Good, be compassionate, spread hope whenever it may be needed'' part of a Paladin's ethos over all other concerns, going to painstaking lengths to keep perfect strangers and even hostile humanoids away form danger.

Sounds pretty standard, right? It was about the third session we collectively realized there was something very wrong going on with my luck (rolling a 1 and getting critted for over my max HP in the same turn, rolling a 1 on the first death save...), and it just kept. fucking. happening on and on.
Quite literally, I was not able to hit a single enemy from level 2 until 5, at which point the character died to a stray crit from a lightning ballista bolt fired by our party's Fighter.
Of course, he rolled a 1 on both DEX saves to dodge out of the way. The bolt immediately obliterated both the Paladin and the spectre summoner boss we were fighting, and nobody at the table could really believe what had just happened.
Tl; dr we were retardedly lucky to have it happen near a very high level Priest we had helped before and on good terms with, he came back to life as a sobbing mess thanking everyone for putting up with his shit for so long.

Over time, he's gotten much better about his rolls, to the point where he's able to take himself seriously now: No longer afraid to fall in service to others, he's since realized that all he had ever needed was the courage to stand up for what is right. As long as the world remains unjust, he believes, people like him and his companions can make a difference.
Campaign's still ongoing, and he's now a veritable diehard piece of shit with busted saving throws, a stupid amount of auras and sky-high AC because Paladin is a really fair and balanced class in 5e. Last session he critted a death slaad and a vampire, it was... something, yeah. Mad fun to play.

What did the DM do, exactly?

>Martial arts Joshua Graham.

I do NOT want to be in that game. The man used a 1911 and I will slap anyone in the dick who tries to take that away from him.

was there anybody not-evil in the building?

why did you hide it?

nothing intentional, it was ORE and he had a weird knack for rolling headshots on my character. Some punk kid in a tavern decked him in the face and was one point shy of an OHKO, then two brothers in the middle of bumfuck nowhere I tried stealing from got back to back headshots to knock him out, then when we're fighting two witches/horrible monsters one of them does enough damage through a heavily armored helmet to knock him out in one hit, and then finally a random lucky soldier lopped his head off with a polearm. it just kept happening.

Pic for this post is one i made for a character i played.

what level were the PCs at the start? you can't really have a history of competence and start at level 1. (without a disconnect between story and stats)

What did the DM tell you he saw that is expressed in these two images?

>He is the only one in the party who even tries to hold his ground in social situations.

Why is this? are the rest of them socially inept or are they the sort of people who do horrible things and don't try to deny it?

I wish to know what kind of game this was that you were able to play death or an agent of death.
please tell me about the game and character

what be this? it looks interesting.

can you explain the Indiana Jones one? both the character and the kind of game the character was in?

>Homebrew playtest growing pains

As in this was a character you made for a test and events in that test ended up being memorable?

Why did you stick with the character for so long?

Also how many times did they die before that turning point death at level 5?

going by
>(rolling a 1 and getting critted for over my max HP in the same turn, rolling a 1 on the first death save...), and it just kept. fucking. happening on and on.

it sounds like you died in the third session at least.

Also is ( ) an explanation of the image in ( ) or the image in ( )?

makankosappo!

how does this turn into fucking with the gm?

Probably one of my most fun characters I played.

What chapter?

do you have the poster that the last part was based off of?

this makes me think it was based on something from like the late 1800's
Also what kind of game was this? were you body builders who set out to save their neighborhood from the re-developer's wrecking ball but role playing the character's lives became more fun and memorable and yours happened to supplement his income as a dancer?

what is ORE?

Played a zen-archery Cleric of Redemption. She dressed like an evil sorceress for practicality's sake but she was actually nice.

Until she met the party, who constantly did things like check for traps with their face, negotiate with demon-worshipping gnolls, and recruit any cute undead girls they found. At the end of the campaign she returned to her monastery for rehabilitative sensitivity training.

Also I don't know how to fucking use MSPaint

W:tA GoF Ragabash.

I also once played a healer in a party that struggled to not self-destruct. He didn't actually have enough sway over the rest of the party, even as he held their lives in his proverbial hands, to talk them into more strategic approaches to violence.

V:tM Malkavian. Ended up going into Wassail. Recycled him in later games to be less likely to do so.

Dwarven Runesmith in a WFRP game. Ended up reclaiming a lost hold and becoming its leader.

And, finally, my Imperial Psyker from the first DH game I played. Ended up becoming an Inquisitor.

kickass.

That's lathander's symbol

You should get your brain looked at.

every WFRP game I've ever seen or been part of had advancements come at a glacial pace. how did your character manage to become a bigshot?

did the game go for like 183 sessions?

Mind explaining? Also who's the guy on the left, I feel like I remember him being a pants dropper but I can't remember the name.

what time period?

Part 1: GM actually was giving a decent amount of xp.
Part 2: GM actually worked to give us what we needed to upgrade.
Part 3: We ended up fighting a shitton of greenskins and finding a lot of old loot.

Modern era, actually. After a good amount of falling on his face as a Cliath and Fostern, he started working to fix things that were being let slide by others, got huge amounts of respect from most tribes. Even the Wendigo don't hate him. They still dislike him.

And then he survived a suicide mission and pulled a Tom Sawyer.

>when you aren't khornate but you act like it

I thought a Gnome Warrior would be cool, bashing knees and chopping shins left and right.

Turned out the DM had other plans for the campaign.

Raven guard.

the character's name is Rance, google knows the rest

If I can't figure out your character from the THREE images (just three!) you're allowed, you're not doing this correctly.

Here.

It's an odd game.

Sounds like a story.

>GREENED

RiP Umaga... Why did Will Regal keep calling him youmanga?

My first character.

Here. That's not my explanation, my character was an aasimar oracle who struggled with being the "messiah" even though they had self-esteem issues that made them think they weren't good enough, as a result of being a half-human cripple who grew up surrounded by perfect heavenly beings.

One Roll Engine. google.

lol I had forgotten why I call him Youmanga. It's been so long.

The one before that was an odd game too.
I had wanted to show that a certain set up was overpowered.
How right I was