What class would a Joker type character be in a fantasy ttrpg

what class would a Joker type character be in a fantasy ttrpg

personally i believe he would be a wild mage sorcerer

>a trickster

chaotic evil bard

I don't think Joker is really Charisma-based. Nobody likes him except Harley (sometimes, and he emotionally manipulated her, which is more Intelligence) and his gang members (who are just in it for the money and violence). I think the Joker is the definition of a dick-ass wizard, and he'd probably Lichify himself in a heartbeat.

I can see it. Rather than being bleached by chemicals, it was exposure to some sort of primordial chaos energy.

Joker is absolutely high CHA. He gains the trust of others through deception, manipulates them with fear, and in general is like a Pied Piper of the damned and insane.

that actually sounds interesting i may use that if i'm ever in a evil campaign

Would Kefka from FF6 be a fantasy joker equivalent?

He has also talked people into suicide and other things, without using joker gas.

Chaotic Evil Bard/Alchemist or Chaos Touched Bard/Alchemist

I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. It's even in OP's pic.

Bard. No contest. Dark revelry and all that.

>he emotionally manipulated her, which is more Intelligence
>emotional manipulation
>intelligence
Not in D&D it isn't.

The Joker himself would probably play some min-maxed, no stat lower than 18, bullshit race/class combo from source books you've never heard of before and have "send help the clown has me trapped" in the credits along with some questionable stains. It's overpowered as hell but it's apparently official so you have to let it slide, that and the fact he's sitting across the table from you waggling a stick of dynamite like Groucho with a cigar.

Then when you actually play the game with him, he's a thoughtful and genuine roleplayer who has an intricate backstory that weaves into your narrative as the DM. Every other player finds their character enriched by his presence as he adeptly moves the spotlight around, giving everyone time to shine. It's the best game of D&D you've ever run in your life, even if you are tied to a chair.

As the finale approaches, and the climatic battle against the villain begins, it falls on the Joker's character to deliver the final blow and win the day. He clears his throat gently, checks his character sheet, and announces that his character shall hit himself in the face with a pie.

A moment's silence. Somewhere in the dark, a slide whistle sounds. You struggle to remember what dice you roll for an improvised pastry attack against yourself. The Joker laughs until he can't breathe properly. Batman crashes down through the skylight. The Joker grabs all the d4s and tries to use them to slow down the dark knight while he makes his getaway.

Whichever class he is, he's got an infinite number of fate points.

Arcane trickster/ rogue/ bard.

To be honest, I think he'd be a non-magical class, such as plain Rogue. An extremely high level rogue with magic items, connections, maybe even a demonic contract or two(non-exclusive obviously, and not one of those warlock pacts), the whole nine yards... But at the end of the day he's still just a madman(or an extremely sane man) with no powers other than the ability to do the unthinkable.

He'd be a rogue/alchemist/artificer combo.

Knife play, Joker venom, all the clown booby traps, ya

>mage
>sorcerer
>wizard

But he doesn't have magic...

>I don't think Joker is really Charisma-based.
Then you neve read a comic in your whole life
The Joker is all about intelligence and charisma
>wild mage sorcerer
There is nothing wild in the Joker. His plans and actions only appear wild, but they're all actually purposeful

3.PF speaking, he's a Chaotic evil Rogue/Alchemist. So chaotic in fact that all his plans are actually extremely well planned

Depends on the system. Bard/Rogue in D&D. In WFRP, elite advance from Protagonist (to stand in for 'murderer') into Rogue and then to Charlatan.

Not him, but would Two Face make a decent wild mage being that he loves chance?

i laughed/10

motherfucker

every single week

and half the time he ditches out on pizza pay

The DM.