Couples in D&D

Have you ever DMed or played with a romantic couple? If so, what was it like and did it ever get ugly?

Pic related

My husband and I are half our group, I make his characters and he roleplays minimally but I give him shit for it and don't favor him when I DM.

One of my GM's old girlfriends used to play with us. She was pretty cool, but never really payed attention. He kept insisting that he wouldn't give her any special treatment, but then she would pout and he would fudge some dice. Although, to be fair, he went way to easy on all of us. One time, I hit like, -50 hp, and he said, "no, you're not dead. I've written to much of the adventure around you. You're just at 0."

The issue wasn't really that they were a couple, it was the two people in question just weren't very good at their jobs.

I was in a large game where there were two romantic couples in the group. Me and my girl were players, and another couple were co-dms. The guy did most of the active DMing, she helped with preparation and on occasion managing large encounters but for the most part tried to get work done or didn't show at all.

That was all fine and good, but at some point she wanted to play a more active role so she became a player. She made no attempt to pretend she didn't know anything about the encounters, and in the first big fight she immediately snuck away from combat to go upstairs (she had actually split from the party before combat to go in a different entrance closer to the stairs) and steal the magic staff that was controlling all the wizard's minions, ending the encounter a few rounds after.

The good news is that no one but me cared so it didn't ruin anyone's fun, and a few months later the couple issued an open invitation to the group to take over DMing and it fell apart.

That guy looks suuuuper gay?

Never got ugly cause they were genuinely nice and not autistic.
They alway's made their characters back stories intertwine somehow and it was great, cause it would always help their motivation and connection to the plot.

I GMed hoard of the Dragon queen and they played a human Paladen and teifling cleric and were both agents of the order of the gauntlent sent to investigate the cult. at first the human (guy ) dispised the cleric cause she was half demon and worked with her out of loyalty to the order, but after saving echothers asses on the regular, developed a bond.
Was fucking fantastic role playing and character development. One of the few times I've ever felt as a gm the game was about them as characters getting stronger and developing bonds rather than a railroad series of events.

Would recommend to play with couples/10

Well-groomed, has CLEARLY bathed himself within the past week, no cheeto stains anywhere, fits into his clothes, what the fuck is this glorious Adonis that we cannot hope to match up to?

Had a married couple play with my group for a few months before one of them had to quit for work (new job that had shifts on our game day).

Never had an issue, and the one that had to leave still hangs out in the group chat anyway.

They ran a shared backstory where one of them was extremely bad with money and was in ridiculous amounts of debt to the other (who was of dubious morals), and was adventuring in an attempt to pay it off.

They played it for laughs, it ended a bit prematurely but it was one of the more fun sets of characters at the table.

Another, female, player who I didn't kniw very well played my PC's arranged wife. God, I regretted that.

I ran a game where a friend begged me to let his girlfriend play with us, we were all wary of it, but tentatively allowed it. The girlfriend showed up and had a comprehensive grasp of the rules (having apparently read the rulebook cover to cover) and was generally a pleasure to have in the party, furthermore, they kept their relationship out of the game itself.

Another group I ran also had two dating members, who showed obvious favoritism towards each others characters (acting mildly out of character when it would be for the other's benefit) but was ultimately benign.

Different game I ran had two dating players going in, and it was a disaster mostly because she was a terrible person, more than their relationship causing problems.

Joined a game once that had a dating couple that I didn't even notice were dating for several weeks worth of sessions, but had a gm who was dating a player with very obvious and obnoxious favoritism.

Pretty small sample size, but my conclusion is that it is fine as long as they are both players.

I run a three person game with my bestie and her BF. I don't favor them at all, I'm actually a pretty cruel DM. Currently the bf has lost one arm, one leg, and had to replace his stomach with a mechanical one which was a hack job done by some raider doc and my bestie was sold into a gladiatorial slave ring and ended up losing her eyes and barely survived a fight against a yogai. They've watched most of their friends die but the settlement they've ended up building after escaping slavery has been a big hope spot. They've ended up keeping it alive for well past what they thought was gonna happen.

Yes, and no issues because I game with adults.

Where do you find a good girl?

My group is actually comprised of three married couples. I'm forever gm but I knocked that favoritism shit out of my wife at the dating stage.

>First campaign I ran that she was in she brought me this anime cat girl wizard shit.
>lolsorandumXD
>She had fluffed her spellbook to be the "neko nomicon"
>neko fucking nomicon
Her face when I trashed it and told her to roll up something serious was priceless. Now she takes the game way more seriously.

Both, all the time. Invariably, if they're both players, one will flirt with the other in character (myself included), but nothing outside of the ordinary beyond that... if that even counts as outside of the ordinary.

Only time it got ugly was when a couple were arguing about a rule for too long after I already made a call on it; I lost my patience and told them both off. They broke up some time later, unsurprisingly. The guy's one of my best friends, so I still play with him regularly.

>She had fluffed her spellbook to be the "neko nomicon"

I can get wanting a more tonally appropriate character for your game, but come on, that's fucking great.

Oh no, we one on one free formed the shit out of it. Just knew it wouldn't work for the group setting we were going for.

there is a difference between fitting into clothes and buying a button up shirt that is so tight I can see the negative curve between your deltoid and the plane of your bicep/tricep

not to mention that gayboy hairstyle, his perfecly flawless porcelain skin, the fact that hes trying his best not to kiss her, plus he just looks like a poof

I play with my long term girlfriend.

Our characters are often best buddies, never been romantic but often old friends.

We play off each other quite well and I don't think we are cringey in game.

I play with a group of six, two married copules(including me and my wife) and one gay copule. Every time when our spouses(or the bottom guy in the gay copule) fuck something up we beat them up after the session. Adds a real tension into the game.

I did played with them several times and only time i think it was problematic was when player brought his new gf - which didn't worked out, because she was there for him and not for the game.

Other occurrences were stable, long-term relationships and there weren't problem because of it.

>I don't think we are cringey in game.
No one ever does.

Which system?

faggot or cocksleeve? 50/50 chance

Met my girlfriend through our D&D group, thanks to DM matchmaking shenanigans our PCs started dating which led to us dating.
Been with her close to a year now, demure asian girlfriend, the kind that religiously watches Frozen and insists on cooking for you. Life is good.

2e

Do girls play it?

I have played with and DM'd for two different girlfriends and had completely opposite experiences.

1st girlfriend: bitched that as a DM I wasn't focusing on her character enough. When I played with her, she assumed that our characters would be romantically involved. When I told her that my character (a warforged) was incapable of that, she flipped and stopped playing with me altogether.

2nd girlfriend: actually met her at a game. Fun to play with, one of the only dependable players. When I DM for her, I treat her the same as any other player, which is what she'd prefer.

Also he has woman's hands (No really, look at his fingers, these are hands of a woman or gay person as only then finger length matches up)

What do you mean?

My D&D group is one single girl and two married couples. Scheduling games is easier when the group is mostly couples. It's as easy to get four married folks together as two single people, because the married couples mostly share a schedule.

Game with adults, have no problems.

Das Gay

I'd like to hear more if you're willing to share

I almost exclusively game with a couple I know, honestly great people and gamers the both of them. The only issue is when the BF runs a game he lets the GF get away with a lot of things (Like wanting to play a child werewolf in our vampire game). It works out and I love both of them to death, so meh

>or cocksleeve
This word confuses me in its current usage.

I have played with what I didn't know was a couple at the time. Was a rather boring D&D one-shot so nothing really happened. They're not together anymore.

I have DMed for a Star Wars one-shot myself and my girlfriend was among the players. Went fine and everyone had fun. Otherwise she helps me a little to write our long-term Dark Heresy campaign.

There are two couples in my group. There have never been any issues.

>beig well dressed an well groomed makes you gay

this post was right

yeah, if both ends of the couple are willing players, it's great. I had a couple as players for many cthulhu one-shots sessions and they were always involved a lot, even when they were almost antagonists.

DMed with many couples without any problem. There is just this time when I started to dm for online guild mates and there was a couple. It was their first time, and all in all it started well. The guy was not that much involved in roleplay but was having fun and the girl was definitely a gifted roleplayer. The problem arised out of the gaming table as the guy was more and more despicable, and we more or less stopped this group because of that, and we can't really invite the girl without him...

>DM matchmaking shenanigans
what?

My girlfriend plays in one and a half of my games but my characters usually hate her characters.

I've also DMed a game with her as a player and to be sure there was no favoritism she lost half her health to a well placed trap in the first 60 seconds.

>A or B
>it's a 50/50
Really breaking new ground there, user.

misses you

My usual dm is married and his wife joins all our games. At worst he'll give her a +1 "sleeping with the dm bonus" and even then once a game Max.

I play with my girlfriend, although not in every game. She's not.a fan of d&d and some of the more complicated systems, but she doesn't avoid them out of hand, she just has better taste/sense than me. She can be very timid which can be hindering for her gaming experience, but if she's comfortable she's a good roleplayer. Only problem is she gets very salty when her characters die so I try to fudge it when she is close to death. It's not really a problem though since she typically plays a support role and never gets greedy about gear/decision making.

I think you mixed up who you meant to quote

>what i'll never have.jpg

>When I told her that my character (a warforged) was incapable of that
Warforged are entirely capable of the full range of human emotions
She was in the wrong here though

>asking advices about how finding a relarionship make you /r9k/
Wew.

In an old game, one of the players brought his girlfriend, who never really worked out the mechanics and basically needed to be told what to roll at any given time. They broke up, but he left the game and she kept coming, using the players as her dating pool. Three of them fell all over themselves over her, 'cause she was hot, and she eventually picked one for her new boyfriend and the dark cycle continued.
Unfortunately for him, she was a racist bitch who would randomly start telling cringey stories about black people or Jews in her city, so those of us who weren't trying to get in her pants thought she was annoying as fuck, and those of us who were trying to get in her pants also thought so after she'd not picked them to be the new consort. Eventually they broke up, she fucked off, and guy got married to a much cooler woman. Then they popped out a kid and his life is ruined, happy ending all around.

I found mine on my home board. Communities built on common interests are always a good place for friendships and relationships to start, but if they're a hellhole like Veeky Forums, you need a little luck.

I'm going to impart to you the most important piece of advice I think I can offer from my experience: to court her successfully, you need to execute a very tricky balancing act between persistence and holding back. You have to keep putting yourself out there to talk to her and keep the ball rolling. You can't be shy or let her forget about you in the crowd. But you also can't be so persistent that you become annoying, or start coming off as a creep. if you cross this line once, you aren't coming back from that. Every girl draws the line between engaging and off-putting somewhere different, and it's hard to tell where it is at first. Just remember, you have to back off if she's clearly not interested.

Nah, I was playing not-Data from TNG

Yeah, my group includes a couple that is really chill.

My girlfriend tried to play a little, but she's not really into table top.

>Yes, and no issues because I game with adults
This.
Any issues that present as a problem when gaming from a couple are there because of immaturity, not couplehood.

>Where do you find a good girl?
Where there are people.
Develop hobbies (yes, multiple hobbies) where you interact with people.
One of them will either be a girl, or will know a girl.
Once you meet said girl, appraise her for "goodness."
Lather, rinse, repeat.
This approach is best when augmented with a dedicated resolve to improve yourself and present the best current version of yourself possible to the world.
Manage your expectations, do not settle for a miserable match that holds some promise, and remember that even the best relationships, with great good-girls, require effort and comprimise.
I know what I'm talking about.

>you need to execute a very tricky balancing act between persistence and holding back.
Solid advice for the socially retarded.

Heh
Dah-ta

Our GM treats his wife like other players. Another girl in a group has romantic relationship with NPCs, GM's wife suffering for her bad rolls, nothing special. Group is not ideal, we have lots of drama, but it never involved couple problems.

I play with my Fiance. Im a superstitious dwarf barbarian who loves ale and shes a cute halfling witch who loves whiskey. She is the first persin the dwarf has met thats shorter than him. The banter is great.

Not him but since gays are only 2% of the population and women are 50%, generally you would assume a much greater chance of someone with a husband being a woman than being a gay dude. If the chance is 50/50 that says something about the demographics here.

I don't join any campaigns my boyfriend is in nor do i let him join any of mine. He basically went off on our DM for Rise of the Runelords for my pc getting targeted all of second book/killing her (won't say just in case people havent done this campaign yet). I kept apologizing to DM and tried to get him to calm down but he was kicked after that.

Our DM is one of those girls that loves shipping, fictional characters or real flesh'n'blood people it doesn't matter. She thought we would make a cute couple so she set the wheels in motion in order to get us together and is now taking credit for it, demanding she be a bridesmaid at the hypothetical and we name one of our hypothetical kids after her.
She's that kind of girl.

>of the population
100% of a population of gay men are homosexual.
Is the Veeky Forums more likely female or faggot?
I can't say for certain.
I can say for certain that you should not be allowed near statistics until you've grown up enough to use them responsibly.

Also, there are no women on the internet. It's a rule.

You would be surprised by how few women are in the hobby, trans are actually more numerous if you exclude the ultra-casuals.

Doubly so when you factor in the fact that is the active participant and the husband is just a dragalong.

You will eventually, just be yourself bro

So the fact that I didn't specify "human population of earth" is somehow more egregious than some retard thinking that every time you have two options they have an equal chance of occurring?

Yeah, my group is a single gm, 2 couples, and 2 single people.

The couples are both dating in-game as well and it's really cute.

Everything works out fine, nothing bad has ever come out of some people dating, and in fact it has added a bit to the game since they made cute backstories for how they met and stuff (or even better, one of the couples are playing the same characters as last campaign, where they met, and now they're married and an adventuring duo).

That's nonsense. Seriously, you're talking out your ass.

Most of the groups I've gamed with in the past 20 years have been at least 40% women. If you don't game with a lot of women, they might be avoiding you.

Never happened to me yet I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

probably a good thing since most of my games happen in Roll20.

It depends. Some have been garbage, some actually exclude the game out of the relationship.

>let's use an ad hominem because his anecdotal evidences are different from mine!
Not saying he's not full of shit but still.

That sounds absolutely fucking insufferable

>some retard thinking that every time you have two options they have an equal chance of occurring?
Not touching this.
Beyond saying that if that's what you had successfully pointed out, I wouldn't have responded.

>the fact that I didn't specify "human population of earth"
>this was assumed, dumbass

>is somehow more egregious
What prompted my reply was you citing "gays being only 2% of the population and women are 50%" as if that mattered among a select subsection of the general population.

You are applying a general statistic to a select sub-group and assuming your perceived truths hold.
You are wrong.
I pointed this out in true Veeky Forums fashion by calling you a faggot, faggot.
Stop being such a faggot and such interactions will cease.

tldr: a.k.a.: git gud & lurk moar

You now know exactly what it's like to be in a real arranged marriage.

Hope you like kimchi

>You are applying a general statistic to a select sub-group

no I'm not, learn reading comprehension idiot. The whole point of my post was that Veeky Forums demographics don't match the general population.

You're both autists, because the guy most likely meant the colloquial "either one of these options" instead of "literally an equal chance of both"

>tight pants
>open floral shirt
>meticulously groomed hair
Nah, he's a fag.

>Gathered a group of four players and a DM.
>Total four guys, a chick, and a trans
>Trans is F2M but is mostly cool, everyone agrees he'd never make it through life as a woman
>Chick is pretty hot though is married to DM
>Playing DnD 5e for some low-level adventures. Party balances accordingly with two Fighters, a Rogue, a lesser Cleric of Pelor and a Warlock, all human.
>Last session, had to get into a tomb outside the city
>"This is my jam," says chick who plays Rogue and goes inside alone.
>We don't hear from her again. She gets mad at DM but he tells us nothing.
>A few minutes pass. Warlock dissapears too.
>Only trans fighter, cleric and dude fighter remain.
>They go looking for Warlock. Girl gets angry we look for Warlock instead of her.
>We tell her, they assume she died instantly but the Warlock may still be alive.
>DM is concerned. Something isn't right.
>Girlfriend leaves to the bathroom to snort some coke.
>DM leans forward and says: "Warlock is back, but his skin is gone."
>Wtf?
>"Yeah it's just jelly now."
>Wtf why dude?
>Warlock player doesn't know, DM didn't tell him.
>Cleric casts heal.
>DM declares the gods aren't real.
>Warlock shrugs. "Could be worse."
>DM declares the old gods aren't real.
>Now they mad. Trans and I look at each other.
>I try to get a boner, but fail.
>DM leans even further forward. Says: "When she comes back, pretend she's not here."
>Shake my head.
>DM gives puppy eyes.
>Shake my head again.
>DM sighs, GF comes back.
>Shrieks loudly why he killed her Rogue.
>DM declares Rogue is back. We explain Warlock lost skin, and gods are dead.
>She cocks her head. "What's going on, my love? Tell me."
>Her voice is weird.
>Like gaseous and base.
>He looks at her.
>Then cries.
>Game session ends on this cliffhanger.

I don't play with females.

>The whole point of my post was that Veeky Forums demographics don't match the general population.
I admit that I saw that on my second read before I posted. And yet:

>since gays are only 2% of the population and women are 50%, generally you would assume a much greater chance of someone with a husband being a woman than being a gay dude.
This is you applying a general statistic

>If the chance is 50/50 that says something about the demographics here.
This is you comparing that applied general statistic to a select sub-group.

The options from reading your post are:
>We are to conclude that if we applied the general stat to Veeky Forums, we would yield different results than is found to be truefully of the general population. This applies the general statistic to a select group to illustrate a difference in demographics.
Or
>You're stating that demographics differ. Which is a useless statement.

Either way, we can agree that Veeky Forums has always been /Traditionally Gay/.
Party on.

>the guy most likely meant the colloquial "either one of these options" instead of "literally an equal chance of both"
Which is why I limited my autistic sperg to the response, as opposed to incorporating the original post.

I can overlook imprecise posts.
It's imprecise corrections that activate my almonds.

But the meds are helping...
...I'm feeling much better now.

>I can overlook imprecise posts
>But not imprecise replies to those posts
Dumbass, the original imprecise claim was , so you'd have to fucking react to and everyone after as well. Unless you're actually just full of shit and only noticed the one statement that activated exactly one almond.

>have girl and guy players
>suspect they have a thing for each other but never talk about it
>they fall for each other and become a couple

>mfw I've been in love with her for years
>mfw I didn't tell her until it was too late
>mfw they are unbearably adorable together
>mfw I want to kill myself after every time I hang out with them now

I got my gf into gaming, and the rest of the group didn't know we were dating for 2 years.
Hell, we broke up for 2 years and got back together, all while still gaming with each other, because neither of us are shitbag human beings like a buddy of mine who brought his gf into the game group, then demanded, when they broke up, for all of us to cut ties with her.
I told the dude to eat a dick, no one will tell me who I can and can not associate with, and half the other guys did the same, and thus the group fractured.
In my current group, there is myself and my gf, and my bro and his gf. That is a thornier issue, as, forgive me, padre, I love you as my own blood, but your woman pisses me off with her control issues, lack of composure, her inability to do basic math, her ego issues, and her habit of snapping at people in a grossly inappropriate fashion, especially at hotheads like me who respond to aggression with OVERWHELMING AMOUNTS OF AGGRESSION. I seriously damn near smacked the taste out her mouth once, and the only thing that stopped a full scale blow up was that my bro, who was running the game, pulled me outside, gave me a cigar and talked me down.
I am not the only one who feels this way, and if I had my druthers, I'd give her the pink slip, and him too, because I had already warned him that issues with his gf means they both go, and I don't give a fuck about all else, this is my group, and I am both shepherd and dictator.

>I run a three person game with my bestie and her BF. I don't favor them at all, I'm actually a pretty cruel DM. Currently the bf has lost one arm, one leg, and had to replace his stomach with a mechanical one which was a hack job done by some raider doc and my bestie was sold into a gladiatorial slave ring and ended up losing her eyes and barely survived a fight against a yogai. They've watched most of their friends die but the settlement they've ended up building after escaping slavery has been a big hope spot. They've ended up keeping it alive for well past what they thought was gonna happen.

Jason! Long time no see; how have you been?

>she was a racist bitch
This is my current problem.
Despite the fact my group has 2 black dudes, a /pol/lack, a dyed in the wool christian conservative, and a basic bitch liberal who all get along, even having deep political conversations over mead and fine cigars.
I just roll my eyes.

Why?
I'll leave out the standard Veeky Forums insults, and just ask for your opinion on why this is a bad thing if it doesn't bring the game down.

nigger the point is that Veeky Forums has a lot of gays and few women compared to the general population.

The other point is that when you have two choices, A or B, there's not always a 50% chance of both like that one guy implied.

>I can overlook imprecise posts.
>It's imprecise corrections that activate my almonds.
>>I can overlook imprecise posts
>>But not imprecise replies to those posts
Replies =/= corrections

Learn to read brainlet.

Also, please stop imprecisely correcting my posts.
I have things to do later.

Your typing makes you sound like a Vaaaaaaaaaaaaalley girl?

Half of my usual group is married couples. There's no favoritism or drama resulting, because we're adults. In-game romance is only sometimes within the couple as well, going with whatever makes most sense for the characters. Playing with people that are mature, responsible adults makes for a much better experience.

I'm concerned. Why doesn't your barbarian consider dwarf children to be "people"?

>Responding =/= correcting
The implication of the first responder was that the original reply was trivial due to the inaccurate assumption that A or B is 50/50. You only sperged out about , which is an accurate statement if imprecise. Essentially you are a sperg who would rather very exactly miss the point completely than hit near but with some spread.
Go do some stat-anal, faggot.

What the fuck happened in this thread? We were talking about romance, and now we're talking about ratios of homosexuals to women on Veeky Forums.

This is why sipping the toxic poison of rejection, slowly building up a tolerance, is infinitely preferable to living with regret.
My only regret in asking out the girl who first stole my heart, yet I was 98% sure would never be interested in me, was doing it by humorous e-mail, because I could not convincingly laugh off her rejection so as to save the remaining friendship.

I DMed an Adventurer's League game with a couple that were dating. They were discreet and polite, I'd be happy to run a game for them again.

Sorry I don't have a horror story.

Are you new? This is what Veeky Forums does.

>Vlasic
>not Mt. Olive Kosher Dills

Your GF's taste has room for improvement.

What the fuck?

>her habit of snapping at people in a grossly inappropriate fashion, especially at hotheads like me who respond to aggression with OVERWHELMING AMOUNTS OF AGGRESSION
The hypocrisy here is ridiculous.
Which is your business, but they don't sound that much worse than you.