The best fantasy is written in the language of dreams. It is alive as dreams are alive, more real than real...

>The best fantasy is written in the language of dreams. It is alive as dreams are alive, more real than real ... for a moment at least ... that long magic moment before we wake.

>Fantasy is silver and scarlet, indigo and azure, obsidian veined with gold and lapis lazuli. Reality is plywood and plastic, done up in mud brown and olive drab. Fantasy tastes of habaneros and honey, cinnamon and cloves, rare red meat and wines as sweet as summer. Reality is beans and tofu, and ashes at the end. Reality is the strip malls of Burbank, the smokestacks of Cleveland, a parking garage in Newark. Fantasy is the towers of Minas Tirith, the ancient stones of Gormenghast, the halls of Camelot. Fantasy flies on the wings of Icarus, reality on Southwest Airlines. Why do our dreams become so much smaller when they finally come true?

>We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La.

>They can keep their heaven. When I die, I'd sooner go to Middle Earth.

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY
warosu.org/tg/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=george martin&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=2010-04-14&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
youtube.com/watch?v=Xi4oDl6fAI0&index=25&list=PLCsx_OFEYH6uDx4PBx6uAH_Pbfc5Sg1EQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends on the taxes

About what? It's a non statement.
>fantasy is exciting, so we read fantasy

Wheeow boy, yes that's true.

A reminder that I completely humiliated the disgusting Martin apologists in the last thread, and they had to come in on page 10 to attempt to fight me.

I won. Martin is a hack and will not be remembered because his series will not be finished. You lost decisively and one-sidedly. And if you disagree, then the more you drink, the more you shat, squatting by the riverside.

>they can keep
Nope. Martin will burn in eternal hellfire, like all faggot-enablers, liberals and criminals will do. He supported a child-murderer to lead his country.

He's a criminal. He should be hanged from piano-wire and when he kicks his last disgusting, choking breath he will slide face-first into pitch black hellfire, and it will be better than he, or any other child-murder supporter deserves. Who cares what he thinks? He's a mediocre writer and a loser. By every kike liberal metric he is a loser. He is:

1: A permavirgin, so HUU HUU MUH PUSSY arguments backfire.

2: A liberal, so he is not a real man.

3: A pacifist, so he is not a real man.

4: A supporter of child-murder, so he is a hypocrite in addition to not being a real man.

5: A Hillary supporter, so he supports implicit child-murder in addition to explicit child murder, making him twice a hypocrite

6: he write slower than Pynchon.

He's basically Joss Whedon except he cannot even claim to be a successful leftist pervert who actually had sex with women by pretending to think they are sentient. He is the ineffectual, childless, disgusting weakling sort of pervert who has failed even at fooling women. He wrote a series of stories about what a disgusting coward draft-dodging homo he was, and then voted to send children off to die toppling foreign regimes. There is not a single ounce anywhere in George R.R. Martin's body that contains one iota of sincerity. He is a failure, but worse than a failure, he is a coward. A weakling. A pitiful disgusting liberal child-killer who is too fearful and too weak to even bring the knife down upon a small child's throat. He needs big mommy government to murder children for him, so that he can continue to not finish his only notable work.

Wrong.

THE MORE
SHE DRANK
THE MORE
SHE SHAT

im amazed this isn't copy pasta and people literally can be this pathetic

Keep everyone informed.

All that is necessary for it to become copypasta is for you to repost it once. And if you aren't, you're a childkiller.

This has to be some kind of roundabout attempt to make the right look bad.

This scene makes sense in the context and is thematically appropriate for Daenerys' character development.

>he holds opinions I dislike
>he must suffer eternally, a concept which my human brain can not in fact fathom so it compartmentalizes by thinking of the worst thing I've ever experienced, but even that isn't much because I'm a helpless shut in who has suffered nothing worse than a stubbed toe while climbing the stairs from the basement to go get tendies
>not even mentally developed enough to undestand than a disparity of opinions is critical in developing civilization because if we didn't have it we would still be under a rule supported by divine right.
>thinking it's not ok to have different opinions that should be shared and measured
>thinking it IS ok to try to "win" an "argument" based on subjectivity.
RIP the dream, faglord.

Content-free non-argument, you pseud. He's a childkiller. Fortunately my descendants will not have to share a world with his, because he has none.

Abloobloobloo, he said I made a non argument! My butthole is sure to run red with a torrential flow of blood from the detestation I have sustained! Bloobloobloo. Does your high school councilor know you shitpost on Veeky Forums? Does your shrink? Be careful not to shoot up you school now, user. That would make you a triple hypocrite.

>Telling the truth has to be a troll
Count the Syrian dead. Now triple that number. That is the number whose blood would run down a funnel into Martin's mouth if he had his way.

He is a child murderer. Children with their guts spread far and wide over the Syrian hills. Fortunately his disgusting, criminal faction lost badly. Badly indeed. So the heroes of Syria have won, and all of Martin's good little leftist friends are going to be tortured to death by the SAA.

Now he will die in the next two or three years, probably of a stroke, and his work will go uncompleted. I'm sorry! There will be no more child-murder for your fat fuck friend. Instead he will get to die an unfilfilled writer. Perhaps he could only write while blowing up children from drones. Too bad. I guess D&D will get to finish his series for him.

Assuming you're not being ironic, with the amount of generations of inbreeding you seem to represent it'd be a miracle if your children's children are still bipedal.

>AHUUU HUUU HUUU I STILL DON'T HAVE AN ARGUMENT HUU HUU LET ME POINT IT OUT AND EMPHASIZE HOW RIGHT MY OPPONENT IS

Genius. You've absolutely hit it on the head. Natural 20, retard.

Ooooh I'm sorry sweetie, but your implication that you believe that inbreeding is real and has a measurable effect on human intelligence is racism, since the 80 IQ shitskins of the countries that you desire to bomb and brutalize and then import 500,000,000 people from to the first world have the highest rates of inbreeding in the world.

You're a racist. If you do not immediately apologize for even implying that inbreeding is real, you're an islamophobe and an alt-right Nazi. You can choose, were you simply wrong and lying, or are you a Nazi? You tell me. A liar or a Nazi. You're a racist either way since you're defending a brown-child murderer, but you might be a Nazi.

oh boy what's going on in this threa-

Calm down everyone, it's a troll. Hide, report, and move along.

excuse me you triggered me apologise immediately

You should do that! In fact, you should hide EVERY GURM thread that comes up, because I'm sick of seeing his fat fuck face.

Or you could do what you're actually going to do, and continue spamming him across the front of every board, in which case I will continue reminding everyone that he's a childkiller, in every threat, for as long as you do it.

You tell me who wins, either way. You tell me who's the winner, you good little lumpenprole.

DIDN'T MEAN IT COMRADE So sorry, I'll go scourge myself for my Persian Privilege right now. You know I hear Iran's name comes from Aryan, that basically means we're white so we're evil. I must go make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Marketplace.

>George "My dragons has two legs" Martin

he will never be right sweetie

No, this is how the right actually thinks.

Underneath all the memes, underneath all the irony, this is their mindset.

This guy thought he was among friends, or at least in a place where he can't be punished for speaking his mind. So the filters come off, and his raw thoughts come flooding out.

>one guy's ramblings=actions/opinions of an entire side of political spectrum

hello [REDACTED]!

Oh please, kikeblood, do you think I would pretend that I care about Syrian children if we were on /pol/? If this were the true face of the extreme Right, we'd all be pacifists. Imagine that universe, where we're the ones out doing peace protests against Syrian intervention.
Oh no wait that actually happened, but okay, it was mostly because the Jews are the ones who want Assad to fall.

Anyway, I'm making a point, which is that if these shit threads--and that is what they are--continue, I'm going to start treating them like the kike slides that they are, and I'm going to turn every kosher motherfucker who steps foot in here into a stepladder or a lampshade or whatever it is we do to Jews instead of making them work to build defenses to stop the Soviets which would actually be useful. Sunscreen. We'll make all the Jews into Sunscreen.

I am being 100% sincere, and I will turn you into a stepladder if you disagree. What's your last name, I'll bet it ends in -stein.

I think he may have meant to say alt-right, in which case he has a point. Using memes and 'irony' to disguise the fact that they're racist pieces of shit when amongst people who aren't part of their ingroup is what the alt-right DOES, user.

>No, this is how the right actually thinks.
This is akin to saying every feminist is in full support of the ritual castration of males. Those with the least to say oft speak the loudest, and they are by no means the majority.

What sort of "irony" am I employing here you retarded kike, explain to me how subtle I'm being, do I need to post Gentile in the original Italian before you get the picture? I'm not couching anything in Irony, I'm being as explicit as possible.

You're clearly asshurt that I'm expressing wrongthink opinions in this obvious trollthread. I'm bemused and having fun with the havoc I'm able to express in the self-same thread by stating obvious facts.

The difference is, I'm saging, because I don't WANT this dialogue on Veeky Forums. All you have to do is what said, and walk away. Kike. Also Hitler did nothing wrong, except that he didn't actually turn all the Jews into soap. Not that it would've worked since even in death, no kike could actually clean anything without charging for it.

BRAVO MODS.
You can delete some posts but not a shit thread. Didn't you just hit it out of the fucking park.

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

OP, I honestly wish I could kill you just so I could stop hiding your threads every time you make them.
It wouldn't be a painful murder, just a quick expiration and then you'd be gone.

Can't you filter by key word?

What's the key word to filter here?
He change the text it every time he Martinposts and because our shit-fucking janitors likely can neither speak English nor bother paying attention at all he just gets away with it over and over.
I'm just going to the hide the thread and be on with my evening.

Truly, he is the Lord Dunsany of our generation.

>They can keep their heaven. When I die, I'd sooner go to Middle Earth.

"They can keep their egalitarian heaven. When I die, I'd sooner go to a feudal Apartheid Monarchy run exclusively on Numenorian-Supremacist Primogentiure that excludes women from all decision-making processes" said the low-IQ underachieving liberal feminist, while trying to sound smart and progressive.

Press F for this fat fucking retard's intellectual integrity.

I don't think Martin is a feminist

Unless you can prove me wrong

You sound like that guy who routinely masturbates to his own posts.

Sure he is, just look at his characters. Cersei in particular is a well-written example of internal misoginy - hence the often mocked "myrish swamp" bit. Brienne is a woman, who wants to be a knight, but does not reject her feminine nature and is unapologetic for it. Sansa uses her empathy to survive instead of a sword or poison.
A lot of people seem to have this sexist notion that a feminist character must be some butch lesbian who kills men for no reason and laughs about it. This kind of a character may appear in the show (Brienne), but not really the books.

>all of Middle Earth was Gondor
Okay.

Nevermind that, however silly it is, Numenoreans were better than the Men of the Third Age in every concievable way. Of course their descendants were in positions of power. Kind of like how people with high IQ are always better, in aggregate, than those with less.

Stop Martinposting

I get there's a song of fire and ice ttrpg but pls go

Because Dany is shit and getting shitter all the time?

what's this guys story

What on earth gave you the impression that GRRM wants to live in Gondor, rather than the Shire where he can have five meals a day?

You don't have a poetic bone in your body.
Fucking robotic human beings are the worst.

Dude, glass houses. This is some "World of Darkness opening fiction"-tier "poetry".

This board used to be a place that facilitated fairly civil discussion on any and everything pertaining to fantasy and science fiction escapism.

What the fuck is happening

GoT happened. Veeky Forums is a contrarian board that hates everything that's popular. Give it a few years until the show dies.
Maybe the fat man will write a new book by then.

>x happened. /z/ is a contrarian board that hates everything that's popular. Give it a few years until r dies.

Goodness, does your penis hurt jerking it so hard?

Why beat around the bush and say "fuck you"?
Everything he said is absolutely right and you're just getting angry that he isn't falling for your bait

>Veeky Forums is a contrarian board that hates everything that's popular
Just because you say this in every thread doesn't mean it's true

>secondary antagonist of the series is literally called Sauronman

Tolkeinfags will defend this.

>sauron
>saruman

Yes, such creativity indeed.

You're still right

Explain autistic hatred towards DnD.

Veeky Forums became more popular, so more shitposters and autists came to it
And it's not that bad you drama queen, you can still find fun discussion

Did anyone ever asked Tolkien why he made both the main antagonists have such similar names?

From the wiki (tolkiengateway, the good one):

"Sauron is a Quenya name, said to mean "the Abhorred".

Several accounts of the origin of the name Sauron were suggested in different linguistic manuscripts:

- deriving from Quenya saura ("foul, evil-smelling, putrid", from the root THUS).
-deriving from Quenya saura ("foul, vile"; from root SAWA). The manuscript continues saying that Sauron "could be a genuine Sindarin formation from saur; but is probably from Quenya". However, this origin appears to have been rejected, as it is followed by the comment "No. THAW-, cruel. Saura, cruel" in the manuscript.
- deriving from the Primitive Quendian form Oaurond- (formed from the adjective Oaurā "detestable", from root THAW).
deriving from Thauron, which includes the Sindarin element thaur ("abominable, abhorrent"; also found in Gorthaur).

Saruman is a Mannish translation of Quenya Curumo, his original name in Valinor as a Maia; and Sindarin Curunír which is supposedly the same name (with the ending -ndîr "man"). All names mean "Skilled Man" or "Cunning One" (root curu "skill").

Saruman is derived from Old English: the root word searu means "device, design, contrivance, art" and the whole name means "man of skill".

Looking this up reminded me why Tolkien is so great. I love ASOIAF and all, but the sheer depth of LOTR is something Martin just can't match. He's a good worldbuilder, but Tolkien is truly exceptional in his detail.

Because it is a legitimately bad system?

Which of the ten editions are you talking about?

Well he's right. He waxes poetic about saying "fantasy is fantastical." It has little content to say outside of some disappointing views on reality.

Ah, a confused /v/ermin. You need to understand that Veeky Forums is much different than your disgusting home.

I agree. It's pretty cool. You can see the writer's enthusiasm and some neat syntax shit.

Because /v/ermin and /a/nimals have infested the board along with a good dosage of /pol/ution.

People don't want to create content, they just want to meme. So they took what was a super tiny meme from back in the day and latched onto it so they could also pretend that they played roleplaying games.

After what Saruman's done, I'd just set sail for the undying lands.

It's really not.

Oh /v/ermin, you have such love of being contrarian but such a hatred for hard evidence. I can tell you are only interested in (You) so have one more you poor creature.

Now the only question is if you will desperately bait more responses. Whether in this thread or another.

I'm not even that guy and /v/ is a shithole, but holy fuck dude, you are desperately autistic. Just making sure you knew, because I would want someone to tell me.

>/v/ is a shithole

Glad you agree.

where does these Matin post get those quotes, does he have a book about fantasy theory?

I fucking hate how GRRM ruined fantasy forever. stop posting him/about him please.

DISINFECT THE GERRM

He didn't ruin fantasy. ASOIAF came out about 1997 & it wasn't the next Tolkien.

>I won.
the value of such a statement is literally and unironically zero. except as bait of course. seeing you got your (you)s already, i have to congratulate you, user.

>getting triggered by a description of diarrhea
lel

But he's actually right. This board has become increasingly hostile towards GRRM and his writing, same with Veeky Forums.
Just look at posts from 2010 with search term "george martin".

>warosu.org/tg/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=george martin&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=2010-04-14&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

How else to explain this shift than contrarianism and hatred towards the show's fanbase?

Truth. Everyone here wants to be a special snowflake that hates the popular culture of their day and is only in to "cool" shit.

>I LOVE [GAME], YOU WERE PROBABLY TO BUSY PLAYING [OTHER GAME] TO HEAR ABOUT IT. LOOK AT MY NERD CRED.

It's exactly what happened to /mu/

The shittier the show gets the more people hate GoT and ASoIaF in general so the bookfags start defending it by insulting the show haters making the haters even more hateful. Of course you have the people who did go through ASoIaF and still hate it.

Write your own fantasy, if you're so great.

Eh. I like traveller, star wars e4-6 and the show Dark matter.
Does that make me some sort of freak on Veeky Forums ?
But I think one upside is that sci-fi lacks a uniting setting like middle earth

>dreams
The only dreams I have all involve my ex somehow. I don't think that qualifies as heaven I think it does damn it fucking hell fucking shit god damn it why why whyyyy

Oh man does George has some fucking books for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xi4oDl6fAI0&index=25&list=PLCsx_OFEYH6uDx4PBx6uAH_Pbfc5Sg1EQ

I don't think a unified setting for sci-fi is necessary. I think middle earth's influence on fantasy is felt a bit too strongly, where almost all works are can be compared to it.

Having a unified setting has its merits, but I wouldn't want that to happen to sci-fi.

Bitterness over the fact that he's almost certainly not going to release a new book before he croaks, due to either laziness or apathy?
Frustration that he's letting a subpar show be the final closure?
Annoyance that he let the show devolve as far as it did?
Rereading them and deciding they don't really hold up?
Hatred over cocksucking fans telling you to stop being "entitled" for wanting closure on the series, when they ignore that peole buy into series with the understanding that the author will do his best to finish them, and this hatred boiling over to other areas?

If you want to jerk yourself off over being the lone voice of reason in a world gone mad, go ahead, but don't do it in front of everyone else, and close the fucking door when you do

These threads need to end

>this thread needs to end
He says, bumping the thread.

He's a Newfag. He doesn't know how it works.

bump

Kek

Saging doesn't achieve anything anyway.

Stop greaseposting and obeseposting, please.

Jokes on me, we never go that far Time to bring out the rope again.

Okay, made a mistake, finally watched it all. Still need to break out the rope.
I miss that ass. I think I need to be a forester and unwind.