So, now that the dust has settled, did you enjoy Fate of Konor Veeky Forums?

So, now that the dust has settled, did you enjoy Fate of Konor Veeky Forums?
Did you like the narrative and missions?
What about GW propping Chaos with everything they got trying to make them at least seem threatening?
And, finally, what do you think about Chaos having to fight half the campaign without a Codex?
Discuss.

>* Please note that talk suggesting the campaign is somehow “a fix” or that the results were decided ahead of time are seditious and will be dealt with as such.

How'd it all end?

Imperium won 4-2.

Was there ever a campaign, in either W40k or WFB, that didn't end up according to the narrative, that is "Chaos was a grave threat, but forces of Order managed to thwart them at the last moment"?

Wasn't Storm of Chaos a giant dumpster fire, because Vampires and Orcs kept kicking Chaos's ass?

It was, and generally the narrative department kept putting in bullshit victories for Archaon because Chaos Main Villain Must Win Always. It was generally a shit campaign so it was quickly retconned back into obvlivion and then when they tried to advance the storyline again they made it a narrative event instead of a campaign because they were terrified of it happening again.

What I shame I couldn't see that; I started playing in 2005/2006, so I missed the whole thing.

What other online campaigns have there be, because I remember attending one or two. 'there a list somewhere?

All true. Sitll, it ended up as I said, narratively speaking. Chaos as always almost won, but was stopped at the last moment.

I don't mind classic clishes, especially in Warhammers, but with global campaigns it pissess me off.

I took it as a chance to get more games, and a chance to make my armies have a cool fluff. I have a Space Wolf army I played in the last mission as in favor of Chaos, and that gave me the idea of maybe making a traitor Space Wolves armies, starting at that point in the fluff.

Chaos payers won the Black Crusade campaign, right?

Nah Chaos got bitchslapped in Medusa V.

First it was that they got a major foothold on the surface that couldn't be removed, while the Holy Fleet ruled the void. Then it all got retconned. So no.

It was good fun, though my lot had our doubts about how balanced some of the missions were.

Specifically, the Konor sector is mostly functional, but their astropathic relay planet is now a daemon world and their main aeronautica training world is a corpse ridden shithole. Latter may be retaken in time, but the former is probably going to require high grade exterminatus to solve.

I only really disliked the campaign whenever it showed up on a forum, reddit or Veeky Forums.

Exterminatus doesn't work on Daemon worlds. So yeah, that's a major setback for the corpse worshippers.

Mabye YOU had fun, people in my area took narrative to = fuck your rules. People were summoning 1000+ points of extra fuck you demons on top of what they had on the field, and pulling other bullshit that reminded me 100% why I will never play narrative again, because people literally cannot control themselves.

Why not? You can literally blow the planet into chunks

>Exterminatus doesn't work on Daemon worlds.

Huh? Daemon worlds have been Exterminatus'd before. I mean, one of them had that happen on the last SOB codex (The SOB needed to Ocean's 11 the holy relics off the planet before the grey knights arrived to exterminatus it)

>Our Superdupershield makes our planets immune to being destroyed!
Glad to see your asshole already recovered, Carnac.

Corrupted worlds can be destroyed with Exterminatus. Daemon worlds cannot, due to laws of nature being completely fucked up there.

Lexicanum: The majority of known Daemon Worlds in the Galaxy are found within the Eye of Terror; those few within the borders of the Imperium are rigorously guarded by the Inquisition, since, unfortunately, because of the reality-shifting effects of the Warp, it is all but impossible to subject them to Exterminatus[3].

And where is that quote from? Is it newer than the 7e codex that has exactly that happen?

>Ciaphas Cain novel
>Reliable lore
Okay, I lol'd

I hope GW will realize that they can't continue releasing only marines and expect balanced results from this kind of campaigns

Imperial cuck detetcted

Dark eldar, actually, but nice try. Nothing like someone spamming flamers and their 40 screamers they bought when screamerstar was op as fuck for free. But you would know, thats your M.O.

Ha! That's where you're wrong! I only have 3 screamers.

That was super strange lore wise
Chaos lost in every front, some how a foothold in Cadia meant total victory.

Even the WD and the website were written like that
>TOTAL CHAOS VICTORY
>FOOTHOLD ON CADIA
>also here is a list of how everyone and their mothers curb stomped chaos
>on top of that chaos forces are cut off
>chaos didn't really won anything

It was strange as balls to read those things, but that got rewritten into Cadia blowing up.

GW still hasn't learned from Storm of Chaos.

Source as any other. Also, think about it - would daemon worlds outside of the Eye or similar regions be a problem if the Imperium could just blow them up? Chaos forces surely cannot defend each one with a fleet of warships, especially since daemon incursion, that turn planets into daemon worlds, appear without need of interstellar fleet movement.

Your response to a canon instance of a daemon world being exterminatus'd was to cite a fanwiki, which was citing a rather comical BL novel series. Daemon worlds can get exploded.

I think they should be more flexible with their lore and army goals. I can accept the scenario where opposing sides have completely different win conditions but they need proper build up. Yes, Chaos can win just by gaining a foothold on Cadia but explain to us or give hints how prior to the whole thing. At the same time let other factions slow down or avert with local victories. I can accept this situation where Chaos wins if it gets its end goal and gets punished harshly by Chaos gods if they fail while Imperium needs to win numerous battles on many planets to call it anything but Pyrrhic victory.

I hope GW will be more creative and reasonable if they ever decide to throw xeno players a bone and start xenos centered campaign.

Also most of Vail explanation of why things can't be done is due to why waste the resources.
Same thing here. You can blow up a demon world, but why bother? Is not like the fuckers can get out of there.

Side note, I'm glad chaosfags asshole heal so fast, they must be used to getting their ass ravaged by now.

It also doesn't help that GW treats chaos and chaos marines like this grand and unstoppable horde that will destroy the galaxy in orgy of blood and death, but their objectives are petty terrorism.

Are they a grand army or some kind of terrorist group? If they are both make it clear for fuck sake otherwise chaos looks like incompetent twats throwing bodies to chase after some cartoon villain super secret objective.

>Side note, I'm glad chaosfags asshole heal so fast, they must be used to getting their ass ravaged by now.
Slaanesh provides anal training, Nurgle provides the healing, Khorne gives them drive to keep going and Tzeentch grants them sweet delusions

Awful. i say this as someone who plays all 3 factions quite evenly.

Making any campaign where one faction gets it's armybook first AND you can score easy points just for painting shit AND space marines just happened to get a tonne of new kits early on is stupid.

There were no stakes, not for one second did i think Chaos had a chance. Tbh i just played games and i had fun with 8th, didn't give a shit about recording wins or loses so really i didn't participate much

Have you considered talking with your fellow players about what your expectations are? You shouldn't be playing anything but matched with people you have an adversarial relationship with and, even then, you're probably better off playing someone else.

Enjoyed kicking some Chaos ass with my Nids. I like to imagine it was pretty awkward when Calgar saw the Swarmlord leading a charge against Abaddon in our 2v2 games.

Konor was way too early, people want to settle into an edition and test shit, or at least i did and most of my LGS, no one here really cared about scoring points

It should have begun like...today, or a week from now. Let SM and Chaos have their codexes and fight it out on even terms, and then the Death guard / mechanicus sneak in later to help out both sides.

Ignoring the autistic screeching, why then do you think daemon worlds are such a big deal? If they're just a useless crazy rocks full of unwashed cultists?

I don't. I was simply refuting the idea that they can't be exterminatus'd, which is patently false and so far the only source you've provided me opposing this falsehood is both older than 7E and also one of the least serious 40k books ever made.

You don't what?

Again: Imperium blows up worlds with actual assets on them (population, resources) when a prospect of loosing the planet to the enemy is too great. If daemon worlds ware "why bother" level of threat, why are they considered such great threat?

It is a question, I am not trying to point out holes in your opinion, I am curious.

Because the enemy can use those assets and if you're to the point where it's becoming a daemon world the population is probably irretrievable anyway.

Okay, what about the fact that Chaos forces may potentially use the daemon world as a staging ground, and come and go as they please, without using space routes?

Because the corrupting influence of the planet will eventually turn the entire system something something chaos stronk

Demons worlds are a threat when chaos marines can use them. If they can't use them they are just infested rocks.
That is why they just quarantine the place instead of diverting a exterminatus fleet or vessel.

This.

The entire campaign was just a complete stomp from beginning to end and was blatantly designed that way. No one had any doubt, both sides knew that it was rigged, and it was rigged so hard that a lot of people think that GW had to fudge the numbers to make chaos technically win at least one of the two planets. Honestly even if that weren't the case, it just means that the global playerbase as a whole decided to let chaos win one (the second was a technical victory, the people were back on the Imperium steamroll by then)

So the campaign itself sucked, BUT! It gave local store owners the excuses they needed to get people in the stores and organize some activities and even gave them some prizes to give out. Best part about the prizes are that they're worthless if you didn't earn them, which means we didn't have to worry about any exploitation. It also showed me that it's not just GW who's obsessed with having the Imperium win every single time, but apparently most 40k players are into that, too. I'm personally not very interested in rigged fights, but hey, that's just me.

Chaos Marines can always use them, and it's not like daemons/the Chaos Gods don't have their own plans and means.

Also, the place is broadcasting the tortured screams of the astropaths that used to serve there into the void, which is going to cause all sorts of Bad Shit.

>People don't want the genocidal lunatics to succeed in damning everyone to an eternity of hell
You're right, I never could work that one out. What a puzzler.

I was really into the first couple of weeks and always tried to paint at least one special unit and play at least one game, but then I just lost interest. I think it was after week 3 when I realized chaos had no chance and what we did at our shop didn't actually matter.

They're just going to blow it up, user.

Don't talk that way about your friends at the gaming store, Billy.

I liked it, but I went in viewing at as just a fun excuse to have some matches, play some new scenarios and paint up some new troops.

I rather suspect that is the same way GW viewed it. If not, they messed up because it was terrible balanced and obviously "nudged" a few times.

In the future (and I do hope they do more, the concept is great) I hope we get some more reason for all factions to be involved and transparency up front if its just a reason to calculate scores and write some related fluff.

The next campaign needs to move away from "who will win?" and onto "what's going to happen?" If you have something being run explicitly as a competition between two opposing sides then people will want it to be transparent. Better to emphasise the narrative, and let people's games and activities influence what fluff is written.

Though that would probably sell less models, so whatever.

Carnac would you FUCK OFF already?

Exactly. There were probably some people working for GW who viewed this as their chance to stir up some real community involvement, meanwhile others were probably thinking it was their big chance to validate their Imperium boners. I'm sure, though, that the majority were thinking both.

My favorite retarded Carnac trait is how happily he'll gloat over one of his "victories" only to be totally silent when proven wrong and slink off until he thinks of some other bullshit retort only to go silent again when that is disproven too

really sad desu

This is a particularly pathetic one, trying to argue Lexicanum vs Actual Codex.

Wasn't able to participate, but it was fun reading about at least. The missions seemed quite imbalanced though. And I didn't really get the late release of morty. He would have been cool in the last week

I'd like to think of it this way: Games Workshop rigged it so that the Imperium would win, because they already planned on Mortarion doing something bigger later on. That maybe Fate of Konor was really to see who wins the next battle as much as it was to see who lost this one. But then, when was the last time Magnus won anything...

It's particularly pathetic in another way too, given how boastful he is about his knowledge of Codices in his arguments only to try and deny Codex lore with a fucking Lexicanum link.

It's almost as though he only gives a shit about codex lore if it benefits his arguments, hmmm....

But gathering storm litteraly picks up right at the end of the post campaign booklet?
What was retconned

If they wanted a more balanced campaign they should have had the Death Guard release midway through. Or delayed the whole campaign and had it kick off after the full DG release, but then that would be close to 4 months after 8th Ed came out.

It's a fucking game. Only a retard would follow ideologies on the tabletop

This may shock and surprise you, but there are legitimately several people who enjoy playing Imperial armies. Doesn't change that this is rigged I'm just pointing that out to you.

Magnus may not win in battle but at least he did nothing wrong ever right :P

Chaos straight up won the Eye of Terror campaign.

I enjoy playing imperial too, but not for moralistic reasons.

Ah, yes, "winning" by not achieving your main objective. The archtetypical Chaos (((victory)))

Yeah, that's what I was saying with He's not fighting against chaos space marines, He's fighting against the chaos space marine players. And he apparently doesn't ever want chaos space marine players to win because apparently that means that the chaos space marines win. It's like if someone disconnects from a Counter Strike match whenever he ends up on the terrorist team because "I'm not a fucking terrorist". It's definitely on the spectrum.

Ever since the start of the campaign, Chaos has been autistically screeching that the campaign was rigged. Please explain how exactly it was rigged, I really want to hear this.

The "rigging" is that there's lots of new stuff for SM including a Codex, I suppose?

I've seen a few good ideas for the next one bandied around here; one nice one was a new Imperial Crusade, with the Imperial factions vs everyone; Imperial wins and losses determine how long the Crusade lasts and how far it reaches, while the other faction gets their own success/failure matrix (further Tau Expansion, more Tyranid biomass, etc).

I'm guessing that's it. Having a campaign where purchases and painted units can contribute then releasing a new SM codex plus the entire Primaris range will skew the outcome quite a bit. The sole release that Chaos got during the campaign was a codex.

That, combined with the overall popularity of the Imperium (partially down to how many different factions exist for it) meant that any global campaign that doesn't account for those factors are going to end in Imperial victory.

Unless, of course, you make changes behind the scenes, which GW probably did.

It was rigged at the end, but to help chaos
The real problem is that half of the players play space marines, since they're basically the only thing GW supports, so there's no way to have balanced results

>new Imperial Crusade
With how often groups like the BTs are out crusading it's kind of insane this hasn't happened yet. Do they think that only Chaos is fit for an 'aggressor' faction or?

Alright, this is actually worth explaining so I'll do it.

#1 The Fate of Konor pits the Imperium as a whole against Chaos, i.e. all Imperium players (which make up the vast majority of all 40k players) against all chaos players (which make up a small minority of all 40k players) and then based the campaign off of the number of wins and losses. Not to mention any faction infighting counted as a victory for that faction just to make it worth playing for stores that are completely overrun with Imperium players (which are most stores). So the stage was set with the Imperium on the top of a very steep hill that chaos players had little hope of climbing. As if that weren't bad enough, the extra points were given to people who decided to buy and paint new kits for the campaign. And guess what the only new releases were for the entire 6-week period of the campaign? Yeah...

#2. Releases aside, Space Marine players got their codex at the start of the campaign, while chaos players got their halfway in. Remember that analogy I made earlier about the hill? Well imagine if the Imperium player was given a bucket of caltrops to pour down the hill as the chaos player was climbing it, with the new rules, the new units, new stratagems, etc. and the chaos player was told "Don't worry, we'll give you some gloves in 3 weeks."

Meanwhile the Chaos Space Marines codex left out the two most played subfactions of chaos these days, the Death Guard and Thousand Sons. Don't get me wrong, I think it's good that they have their own codexes, but that's still just arming like half of the already small playerbase. So... instead of gloves, maybe just... one single glove.

>The real problem is that half of the players play space marines, since they're basically the only thing GW supports, so there's no way to have balanced results
People keep saying this, but in all accounts I've heard of Imperium vs Imperium (or Chaos vs Chaos) games, one side had to be scored as Chaos and one as Imperium

cont.

#3. The missions and stratagems of the campaign were designed around Space Marines and Imperial armies at the expense of chaos. As a daemons player I can confirm that roughly half of all of the stratagems in the campaign were useless to me because they involved things like boosting armor saves (which daemons don't use) or vehicles (which daemons barely have any of)

#4. This is actually more akin to the rigging that you might have been thinking of, where some people believe that maybe GW realized how fucked up it was to stack the odds that hard and decided to "fudge the numbers" for two planets to keep it from looking as bad as it really was.

And there you have it.

It's a pretty good way to account for the overwhelming popularity of the Imperium.

Historically that's what Chaos has been about, and for Konor it was how it had to be (to tie into the Great Rift opening and Mortarion getting a murder boner for Ultramar). Chaos Marines also tend to be an aggressive force, motivated by a desire to tear the Imperium down and/or the need to replenish their supplies. It would be interesting to see them on the defensive and, after the Imperium's overall victory in Ultramar (it's inevitable) a crusade to reclaim a lost sector is a natural follow up narratively.

...I like you.

The Marines book isn't even all that good and being a good goy and buying new shit is open to anybody, ESPECIALLY to Chaos. You could literally just buy the new kits, slap spikes on them and be done with it, the way Chaos has rolled since fucking Rogue Trader.

Main hitch in that is Primaris, which if I'm correct Chaos doesn't have yet. Probably won't have until the inevitable Cawl made traitor geneseed Primaris legions reveal happens.

It's objectively better. Even if the units weren't improved over the Index (which they were) they still have the benefits of all the extra options that a codex grants. A codex is an objectively more powerful rulebook to play an army with than an Index.

Oh, and sure! Go out and buy some more plastic chaos space marines, kids! By the way, have you seen my new Redemptor pattern Dreadnought?

>Most popular faction by a mile gets its goodies first
How surprising.

>Buy new Redemptor (TM) Violator (c) Destructordreadnought (TM)
>Slap tentacles, spikes and chaosyshit on it
>Collect points

Nuchaosfags, I swear to god. Unless GW makes a specific kit for it, it's impossible to do.

>Campaign where both the beloved factions and the lesser-appreciated ones can make gains
Sounds awesome, GW will never do it.

Except for the fact that they're protected under the narrative as being very different and much more powerful units, which means if you convert them you'd have to say that they're actually much weaker than they look, which isn't fun.

Of course, I'm all for playing with custom units, especially for chaos, but at that point you're just playing your own game and can't just expect someone else to accept that.

>Redemptor Dreadnaught
>Dreadnaught explicitly only for Primaris Marines
>Chaos
Your average GW event would sooner let you roll a pre-newcrons Nightbringer than let that fly.

>guilliman vs mortarion event
>release guilliman before the event
>wait until after to release mortarion

call me crazy but I think they might have WANTED the imperium to win this one

You know, while I did technically cover that by mentioning the broader releases, that specifically was probably worth bringing up. Primarchs are pretty powerful in the hands of WAAC players..

What? You Corpse-worshippers do realize that summoning got mega nerfed, right? You have to pay for all of your summons in PL, AND have the summoner waste his turn, WITH the slight chance of him fucking up and killing himself.

If you can't deal with a terribly slow deep striking army, you deserve your losses.

>Release nonstop waves of new marines and rules for them and make the campaign about ALL imperium forces vs Chaos, making it hilariously one sided
>only release new chaos things after campaign is finished
>for some reason, they didn't realize that this would happen and scrambled, fudging the numbers and saying "IF CHAOS WINS ITS GAME OVER" this in turn just makes everyone mad at Chaos because it makes it look like GW is blatantly favoring them despite the opposite being true

All that happened with this campaign was GW handed a baton to Imperium players, told them to beat up Chaos players who were in a wheelchair, and when everyone started booing about how shit it was, GW panicked and said the cripple was winning, so in turn, the Imperium just beat the Cripple even harder

>Corpse-worshippers
>Just posting a generic chaos marine avatar
Are you literally autistic?

What happened to Rufio? He ducked off Twitter a few months back and then left GW a few weeks later.

Yes.

saw a headless boy looming outside his office

All Konor missions were narrative play, go read the summoning rules for that

That analogy actually made me laugh