What are your thoughts on Red Markets, game of economic horror?

What are your thoughts on Red Markets, game of economic horror?

Zombies were a mistake bro.

tl;dr?

>economic horror

this is daily reality for most of us so meh

Never heard of it tell me a bit about it

From a glance at the Kickstarter page it looks like another load of generic "Zombies are dangerous but humans are the real monsters" schlock, but this time with a thin coat of anticapitalist paint.
The fact it raised 70k dollars while Human Resources failed makes me sad and angry.

>generic "Zombies are dangerous but humans are the real monsters" schlock
there is literally nothing wrong with kitchen sink/boilerplate settings, it's solely the execution that matters.

anybody who can tell us about the execution of zombie apocalypse in red markets?

I liked it. Basic premise from what I remember is that the apocalypse happened and society ALMOST crumbled but it stood up again shaky and pretty damn ready for dystopian oppression. A group of computer nerds who were part of some great new internet-esque invention were able to finish it by themselves without their corporation (now long gone) and changed the dynamic by introducing easy and simple communication to anyone with a free signal or whatevs.

Thus the Red Market, scavengers who choose not to live in a safe dystopia but instead to venture into the wastelands and fend of monsters as they sell whatever loot they get for enough cash to be free.

I ended up helping with a beta-test of it.
Personally? Not really a fan of it because it forces certain RP elements rather than letting them occur naturally as part of the game.

I could see taking a dependant, for example, as a choice in order to have extra points to play with for character building, but it's not something I liked to have forced on my character, especially if it doesn't fit said character.

What does the Walking Dead formula have to do with kitchen sink settings?

>Human Resources
The idea was good.
The producer was not

>It's solely the execution that matters.

Being well executed is not the same thing as interesting. When was the last time you listen to new jazz?

Looking at the kickstarter I thought this might be good if well executed. Then I read this. If you label this as a key feature of your game you can fuck right off.

i didnt talk about the walking dead formula

false equivalency. for why this is the case I refer you over to this thread:

what a Loss

I complained about the overused "humans are the real monsters" formula popularized by The Walking Dead. Your answer was "there is literally nothing wrong with kitchen sink/boilerplate settings".

And that thread is just people bitching about GURPS and CP2020, what are you even on about?

>Your answer was "there is literally nothing wrong with kitchen sink/boilerplate settings".
>And that thread is just people bitching about GURPS and CP2020, what are you even on about?
and the answer to both points is:
if the game can be used to elegantly run generic post-zombie apocalypse, who cares about TWD or lack of interesting/unique features?

>the walking dead popularized "humans are the real monsters" in zombie stories

Please do not post here if you're under 18.

>I complained about the overused "humans are the real monsters" formula popularized by The Walking Dead.
I think everyone ignored you because you're an underage retard.

As somebody who really loved Caleb's previous work: it really bums me out he decided to ride this wet fart of an idea till the conclusion. Zombies and finance. Woo. Seems very "no it's creative BECAUSE it's drudgery. Cant you see?"

>a game of economic horror

I suppose 'A bog-standard zombie apocalypse game with even more reasons for everyone to be dicks' or 'Dawn of the Dead with all the subtlety ripped out' didn't have a nice enough ring.

Fucking this.