Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Crimson slaughter a best, fuck legions.

>Mars
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/forge-world-focus-mars-sep-11gw-homepage-post-4/

>Imperium win Konor, RIGGED
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/11/the-fate-of-konor-imperial-victory/
>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=xuC5U7JU3qw

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user ablooga blooga bloo)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40000.com/vox-chatter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>crimson slaughter
Literally who?

>£25 for a digital copy for a codex

what in the fuck

>selling digital products have operating costs and overheads too
What the fuck

>£85
>He's not even fuckhuge

I can't wait for the 2018 crash

Why GW deleted year dates from codieces timelines?
This fucking sucks for lore fans.
And I will not buy Primaris.

What are you talking about? It's available for free right there in the OP, dummy.

DG leak when?

(Not a poorfag, already ordered the book, just impatient)

Just what a poorfag WOULD say...

Oh fuck off you fucking shill. Ebook prices margins are famously obscene, even before you factor in gw gouging.

Gimme 4 days or so and I'll have the epub up.

P O O R F A G
O
O
R
F
A
G

Uh oh he's back. Didn't you get your fill in that Death Guard thread a few days ago

Man, why didn't they have that piece of art on the Dark Vengeance box.

these GW prices are making me want to become a commie

>Implying 25£ is expensive

I'm sure it doesn't cost money to do the artwork, write the rules (which includes the writers themselves, internal balancers, playtesters etc.) write the lore, take stock photography of miniatures (which includes the painters o the miniatures too), organize the book in a coherent format and then create the digital epub version of it that also uses interactive technology. This is just for the digital version. The costs for the physical are even higher.

Holy shit, THAT's true.

>hardcover novel release: 25 bucks
>ebook release: 20 bucks

>paperback novel release: 9 bucks
>ebook release: 7 bucks
shills will defend this.

exactly that. Gonna get the book and the goofy dice and, as soon as they come out, some of the roomba engines, but fuck me I don't want to wait till Saturday to see the rules.

Especially after the miniwargaming morons gave a plague weapon to a Chaos Lord and now I want to know if I can actually get a Chaos Lord with Flail of Corruption or if that was the usual mwg retardation again

Sisters will get a great codex in 2018. I believe.

It's also £20 not £25, you blind fuck.

Then don't buy it.

They can sell what they make for whatever price they want.

Just wanted to let you know that the paper used for the book is hardly the most expensive part of the operation.

>gets 5 burgerbuck coffee every morning
>goes to art classes for 2 hours
>stops by his feminist club to talk about setting up another cry group
>gets another 5 burger coffee

>"I cant afford my hobby wtf?? GW must be fucking capitalist pigs"

For a 40mb file? Yeah, it is. They bloat the cost by putting all the stupid artwork in it even though they know full well that people only want ebook releases for the rules.
And, as we know from AoS, you can make the rules available for free and people will still buy the big books.

>stop making things look nice, i want them to look like shit
>i have no interest in this therefore everyone else has no interest in it too
Plebeians who don't understand basic marketing are hilarious.

But user the new sm codex still has a whole list of dates in it?

fuck the codex, we have good rules already
give me plastic instead

What I mean is that, sure, a hardcover novel is far more expensive than a paperback novel, that's nothing new, that's why in Germany fantasy novels are traditionally hardcover only because "them wacky nerds buy everything", but why the fuck is the ebook of a hardcover novel three times as expensive as the ebook of a paperback novel?

And I won't. But it disgusts me that there are actually people who defend it.

God those little roombas are so cute.

>the usual mwg retardation again
Sounds about right, though I hope they are right.

I'm surprised people still watch them though. Not trying to start a shitstorm or anything but I thought people would have stopped once they realised they got rules wrong in every single video.

Muh over 9000 percent prophet margins. Go masturbate into the abstract of your lawsuit, faggot.

Bahahah.

Is this bait?

Thank you for admitting that you don't even read posts you reply to.

Range of reasons include
>hardcover novels are often by more renowned writers who demand higher pay
>hardcover novels are reserved for bigger releases and more "important" events in the lore, therefore the price is higher to maximize profit margin
>hardcover novels tend to be longer in length, therefore taking more time to write, meaning higher pay
Correlation does not equal causation

Welcome to capitalism. Prices are usually more about what the market will bear than the costs of production. GW is hardly alone in this.

I mostly watch them because they are part of a tiny selection of people who get review copies of codizes and they are some of the few who show you more than just the artwork, like those scumbags from BolS.

How many burgers is he?

>people only want ebook releases for the rules
Which is more or less what I was targeting. Your point?

Why are poorfags so loud? Is it really that hard for them to quit their jobs at Burger Boys and get a respectable job? Why not put your hobby on pause while at University?

Because they can charge that much money for it and people will buy it. There are people who buy both the hardback and the ebook because they want the convenience of both.

This hobby attracts people with lots of disposable income and GW certainly doesn't do anything to discourage people spending it.

On the other hand, all hobbies are expensive. The largely convinced that the reason so many people complain about GW's prices is because they've transitioned into wargaming from video games which, in the grand scheme of things, aren't that expensive a hobby.

Now you have a list of undated events.

That's bullshit and you know it. Hardcovers are an expensive first release to extract maximum value from less price conscious early adopters before putting out the cheaper mass market paperback to capture additional price sensitive consumers.

The first I accept, that's true enough, that's also the reason Jim Butcher can get away with not publishing a book in three years, the second certainly, but the third is pure bullshit. Compare for example, Kate Griffin's A Madness of Angels and Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London. Griffin's novel is twice the length and a third of the price.

I think the worst is that they come on here and bitch about prices, as if any of us have any control over how much gw charges for plastic crack, instead of just shutting the fuck up and buying chinaman or fucking off from the hobby altogether.

Kinda unavoidable when people are trying to scrape every possible source for new release information.

You know that's the general strategy that is adopted in all situations of selling books right? That you didn't really change my point at all?

So did any real fluff come of Konor? Because I sure as hell haven't seen shit beyond a few short pre-game scenario descriptions.

You spelt Red Corsairs wrong.

I hope the codex is called "Ecclesiarchy" rather than "Adeptus Ministorum".

Only the results for each planet, and what can be inferred for the overall sector. Here's an archive of all the posts.

warhammer40000.com/vox-chatter/

Is the Ynarri spell Ancestors Grace the only way to get reroll 1s for Harlequins?

Nope. And nothing ever will. Look at AoS' summer campaign, where Nurgle was thoroughly trounced, like Order getting 70% of the wins and most of the rest going to Death and Destruction and yet the next big thing in AoS is STILL a big Nurgle vs Everyone Else event.
And Konor will not be any different. That's why they picked an irrelevant backwater star system after all

I believe that's the case, yes.

So it was all a huge waste of time then? I can't get invested in a narrative campaign with no damn narrative.

>Crimson slaughter a best, fuck legions.

Literal whos with a non-existant fanbase

I used to play Mtg. I bitched about prices as they were rising. I no longer play MTG because the prices are insane.
I still keep up with the releases, watch tournaments streamed, etc.
Sometimes I go into mtg threads to talk about how expensive it is.
They get butt blasted.
You can be interested in something and bitch about the price but not play.

Hi I play Orks, what do you play

Kromlech IS pretty based. Ordered bits from 4 separate sites including GW and Kromlechs arrived way before the others

Over 2 weeks and still waiting for Puppetswar to ship my fucking shoulderpads REEEEEE

Holy fuck, is that more expensive than Magnus?

Konor as an event will live on in the fluff, just as the Third War for Armageddon did. But since the Imperium won again all you'll really see is "Nurgle invaded, but them status quo." For things to get really shaken up Chaos would have had to win.

I expect we'll see a proper conclusion written up in the next week or so, but who can say?

Dark Eldar. I have Marines, Chaos Marines, Daemons and Orks all in varying levels of assembly and paint but I haven't played a game with them yet. Soon hopefull.

$10 more, yeah.

Kind of continuing on from last thread, do Iron Warriors respect each other at all?

Thinking of buying the Burning of Prospero box and converting Ahriman up to be a Dark Apostle but he's standing on the body of a MKIII Marine. If I painted that marine as a Iron Warrior would it be in character or out of character?

Tzeentch Daemonkin and Necrons

What this could be?

Looks like the feather of a quill. Is that a purity seal as well?

Alpha Legion+renegades

I think at some level. Their whole schtick though is doing whatever it takes to win and seeing their comrades as disposable weapons to be used, so it'd work I think

Nothing because my army isn't finished and i'm too autistic to show up to a game with unpainted models

Looks like a feather, and I think I can see something that looks like parchment.
Must be for a scribe model or something of the sort.

CIA niggers are running GW, they cant code like the white men they are

How many dudes with shields should I have in my deathwing squads? I was thinking of just one but I'd like some input from a fellow DAfag

quill and parchment

What a waste of quads

Started with Tau, got into DG via dark imperium.

Trying to main DG now because god the Tau playstyle has been getting worse ever sense I got in.

Mad Robot, Blood and Skulls Industry, and Anvil Industry have all been great to me too, highly recommend them. Actually got the bits to tac out my Primaris Raven Guard before I got my actual Primaris models.

I have a feeling that this next forge world is going to have all infantry units get free assault on all weapons.

>Believing publisher bullshit like a penis: The post

Die CIA nigger

HURR HURR TO COMMEMORATE OUR NEW ARMYMAKER APP® HERE IS A LIMTED EDITION REMEMBRANCER SCRIBE OF BATTLE MODEL

They glow in the dark so you can just hit them with a car

This is a reference to the Necromunda laspistol thing aint it?

Nice strawman faggot

Ayyy lmao

But sir, I'm on horse back wrangling up all my mighty herd of nigger cattle

>When his entire existence gets called out in a 5 line strawman

Looks pretty obviously like a peacock feather

Nah just straight up Rogue Trader IG.

The fuck is that thing?

Seconding Anvil Industries as being good people. Their Regiments range is particularly nice and it's still growing.

think it's just this

It's the Little Daemon Engine That Could.

Maulerfiend and Forgefiend's stinky little brother.

Fellow Orkbros, how do you feel about the Squiggoth? I'm looking to keep my army mobilized and transport bricks of Boyz and Nobz, and without the glory of Looted Wagons being around, and trukks feeling pretty lame this edition. I'm looking to alternatives for killy transports.

You can think that all you like, doesn't make you any less wrong, or retarded. I've been playing since 89 and I think the prices are fucking ridiculous because they are fucking ridiculous. I understand 100% the concept of disposable income and the fallacy of price tag equalling quality, and I can't fault gw as a business in business, but cunt try and tell this is about hidden cost or perceived value. It's exploitation of a fanbase and their attachment to an ip that bears less and less resemblance to its origins with every passing release.

Also good for Eldar lasblaster.

a very hairy vagina

He's a big guy.