media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-Eladrin-Gith.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed) (embed)

>Previous thread:
Those with Tomb of Annihilation, how far along are you? Do you plan on running it soon? What do you like and dislike?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/iglMj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I really like the Eladrin-Gith UA, is it just me?

Planning on making an Oath of Ancients Paladin.

What are good multiclass options? Both mechanically interesting and lore interesting would be appreciated.

What would IT look like in 5e?

Yes, user, exclusively you. Nobody else in the entire world likes it.

im just being a dick, i like it

Martial Prodigy.
You are proficient with light and medium armor.
Your people are ever ready for war.
>martial prodigy
>no weapon proficiencies
Why?

Gith tend to punch.

Do you really feel that multiclassing is necessary? Paladin is a powerful and versatile class.

Do you have a character concept that you can't do with straight paladin?

>Those with Tomb of Annihilation, how far along are you?
I'm currently reading through the Omu stuff. So, Chapter 3?

>Do you plan on running it soon?
I want to, but I have to finish a homebrew campaign first.

>What do you like and dislike?
The navigation and traveling system seems fun. Getting lost in the jungle seems like a great time as a DM and an even greater time as a PC. The enemy variety and types are great, the encounters are great, and the dungeons are pretty well fleshed out and diverse. The NPCs and subplots are also really well made. Its probably the 2nd best adventure on that side of the spectrum next to CoS.

As for negatives? The land is massive and there are somethings on the outskirts that may never get seen as they are so tertiary and out of the way, but still interesting in their own right. I feel a lot of people wont get to experience that. Also the Death Curse may sour some players but that is more of a taste thing than anything else. I enjoy that.

I just failed to stop a war from starting, lads. Any ideas that could help a 9th level wizard do as much damage to an army of a few thousand as possible before they meet his army?

Contract AIDS (easy to do, you're a wizard so you're already a faggot) and then fuck the other army.

(thyself)

Just want to see what's out there that fits in case it makes sense to consider that from the beginning of the character concept.

Anyone have the Tomb of Annihilation leaks?

tfw physical copy but no scanner

imgur.com/a/iglMj

Sorc or bard are both good for MC, bard is more interesting for an Ancients flavor IMO. You can always just take the entertainer background instead though.

Well, the obvious pairing with Oath of the Ancients is Fey-pact Warlock. It works thematically, and they both use Charisma.

But it's not really necessary. You'd wind up with better ranged options, but at the cost of delaying paladin class stuff (all of which is really good.) If you want a ranged paladin, it's probably better just to make a Dex pally with a rapier and a longbow.

Thanks.

What the nibnog is a Gith?

Running Curse of Strahd for a mixed party. Some veterans, some newer players. Starting at level 3 because we don't feel like doing Death House.

>Warforged Vengeance Paladin
>Human Swashbuckler Rogue
>Half-Orc Champion Fighter
>High Elf Moon Druid (new player)
>High Elf Wizard (new player)

I imagine a party composition like this will fare well? Gonna be strange having the new players be the casters and the martials the more experienced ones.

>Those with Tomb of Annihilation, how far along are you? Do you plan on running it soon? What do you like and dislike?
Read through it all. Group is still in the middle of another campaign, but I'll be running it for them in the next month or two.

I like pretty much everything in it. Port is neat, there's a lot of Chult and its jungles that are fleshed out, good amount of interesting NPCs and hooks, a lot of very interesting puzzles/traps. Main/final dungeon can be pretty vicious, especially due to the death curse; it'll definitely cause some frustration with players, but it's interesting and challenging.

I like it too

A plot device.

But it can be defeated.

Bard, Sorcerer, and Warlock. Archfey Warlock fits like a glove fluff wise. A Bard is really interesting too.

The hype for ToA is real?

A plot device that can be defeated

Without shilling too hard, yeah, its really good. Just off of reading without playtesting (which inevitably will change this), I feel its below CoS but above SKT in terms of quality.

there's a fucking church of Sune that requires charisma checks and if you fail them,
they pity you and start consoling you because you are ugly and super lame

Its a Githzari or a Githyanki
Its a race that is now playable since added in this UA

Topkek.

Like this?

Pennywise/spider: not actually that tough to a decent level party, if you can get the eggs
Dreadlights: fuck you, you die.

>t. Sorceror

>Dreadlights; you die
What about Turtle patron warlocks?

There are gonna be some WIS saves, that's for sure.

That said, once anyone spend any amount of time in the Underdark, Pennyspider is gonna lose some spookiness.

>Wis saves
You're literally being stared down by a UNIVERSE.

>infected bloodline sorcerer

Destroy the infrastructure, especially bridges. Next burn down all their wagons, then their granaries.

I've been thinking about it, but I'm more worried about figuring out class/race shit for the different characters first.

Everyone is a warforged, duh

I've got a person in my campaign from one of the players' backstories. She's supposed to be dead but has reappeared for various reasons.

I've now hinted that she's not what she seems to be, and that she's actually powerful and working against him.

What are my options apart from doppelganger (and maybe Rakshasa) for what she could be? It's only a sidequest but I want to make it interesting.

>If a two-handed weapon has a d12 damage die, you may choose to use 2d6 instead, and vice versa.

Does this break anything? (besides the poor d12)

I meant more with the elemental stuff. Everyone has resistance to their own damage type (except for toa of sonics, because their lives suck in-lore).
The fact that most PC races (toa, turaga, skakdi) would have some kind of elemental powers just makes it even more difficult to figure out class.
I was thinking about doing a system from scratch where "class" is basically your fighting style and weapon types that you use, and you get more powerful spell-type abilities based on your element as you level. Plus mask/racial powers triggered by bonus actions.
But hell, I'm not a system writer.

For people who run published adventures, do you hand select the encounters from the random encounters tables that you want to use?

I feel like things might flow better if so.

Sometimes. Even if I do I roll dice first.

there is no reason you'd want to use a d12 over 2d6s, right? I can't think of a single reason. 2d6 is simply better.

What's the bes way to tie combat to cha? Swasbuckler 3 for intiative, hexbladed if UA i guess, or tomelock shillelagh, paladin for smites and two attacks?

Nothing breaks. there's some differences with certain abilities between the d12 and 2d6 to do with extra damage dice and re-rolls; if you can roll an "extra damage die" you get only get one extra d6 with a greatsword, but if you get to reroll 1s and 2s, the 2d6 is way better. It won't break anything balance wise, just make the weapons a little less unique (not that they really were to begin with).

Sounds like they're outnumbered, then.

Wis saves with disadvantage.

I have come up with a system for rolling dick size. I swear on my life that I'm being serious and not shitposting.

gnomes, goblin, halflings, elves: 1d4 (average 2)

humans, dwarves, half-elf, tiefling, aasimar, genasi: 2d4+1 (average 6)

half-orcs, dragonborn: 3d4+2 (average 9.5)

orcs, goliaths, firbolg: 4d4+3 (average 13)

Tried to tie it to the generally accepted size of the creatures. Gnomes/gobbos/halflings are small, elves are feminine and tiny. Most medium-sized PC races (I know they're all technically medium) average on the larger size of human b/c this is fantasy. Dragonborn and half-orcs I would expect to be a bit bigger, and goliath/firbolg/orc all have powerful build, and so are the largest PC races.
There are plenty that I didn't include, so the formula is: rate creature size 1-4. That number=X. Xd6+(X-1). Nice normal distribution (unless you're an elf), and not affected by stats that change over time, like CON.

The difference seems negligible. What do you hope to accomplish by such ruling?

Frankly, i much more prefer 1d12 because then i don't need to do the addition. Adding strength mod is bothersome enough.

Githzerai and githiyanki. Both appear a lot in Planescape Torment and Neverwinter Nights 2

Cool, now roll for analyzing circumference

Anal* phoneposting is hard

Average damage is marginally higher with 2d6 (although it's all rounded up, it's 7 vs 6.5 - and with a critical, it's 14 vs 13) and there are some advantages, but nothing ruinous.

Fly overhead and snipe the leaders. You can sink nearly any ship with a Passwall spell if you're sneaky. Animate Objects can send a giant flying boulder at them, or an instant group of ten tiny assassins. Summon an elemental to torch supply lines/caravans. Use Sending to relay messages for your own army far more effectively than mundane communication. Use illusions to confuse the enemy. If you're feeling particularly noble, Polymorph into a T-Rex and eat some faces (preferably with improved AC).

Just get creative with it.

>Those with Tomb of Annihilation, how far along are you? Do you plan on running it soon? What do you like and dislike?

Oh boy it's everything i wanted and more...
A fucking atropal last boss dude, i wanted to put my PC against an atropal for years

My only complaint is that a lot of stuff will probably never be seen by the players, im also worried about the PC arriving too early to Omu

Wight, or some GOO using her as a puppet

My first toa session is in two hours, name the dinosaurs that my party will be racing Veeky Forums

Chicken legs

Sorry to ask, but is there an Tomb of Annhilation pdf already? Been out of the loop for a while.

If anyone has a scan, I'd like one pretty bad. Haven't been able to pick up the book becasue of the hurricane passing through.

Tri-tip, the triceratops.

The book is out yet ? I thought it was only available on Roll20, Beyond, and Fantasy grounds ? I picked up my version on Roll20.

I think the physical copy isn't out until the 19th.
But im pretty sure people could have snatched it somehow.

No.

imgur.com/a/iglMj

Half-Orc crits would be 3d12 (avg 19.5) vs 5d6 (avg 17.5)
Similarly for a barbarian with brutal critical

It came out Friday for LGS'. My store closed for the storm so I couldn't get it.

Already out. Came out same day as the digital versions to local game shops. It releases fully to bigger shops (Amazon and such) on the 19th.

I remember there was an user scanning ToA, does he have an ETA?

Oh okay didn't know, i don't live in the US so i thought it was the 19 for every LGS.
Well i bought the Roll20 version anyway, i'm too much of a lazy piece of shit to work with paper hexes map again.

Gee are my shitty snaps really all you got?

You know at least the backgrounds are already on 5etools right?

Regarding ToA:

Am i the only one who's reaaally bothered by the start of the campaign ? The whole "meet that dying women, she teleports you to Nyanzaru" shit ?
Im working a way to change that, i think i'll completely remove Syndra from the campaign and find way to hook players differently and make them arrive by boats, counting the boating days in the 20 days lapse after the start of the Death curse.

What's wrong with it? All you need is a way to Chult. How you get there doesn't matter as much.

Body size doesn't necessarily indicate dick size, gorillas average 1.5" so Half Orcs might be small. Dragonborn probably have a cloaca.

It feels too fast, kinda unnatural, "hey do you want to help me ?" "O..okay" "Here we go, teleportation !" and bam, players are in Chult.

But maybe im too much of an autist and players do not care that much.

You can always use DDAL07-01 to help flesh out the intro.

Yeah I don't roll, I just choose the encounter that sounds most interesting.

I like to imagine IT being a fat, balding wizard sitting in the cellar behind some wine barrels, starring into a crystal ball, and he gets massively upset anytime someone interrupts him with a problem "THAT simple?!" that they could have "done it on your own if you weren't such a mouthbreather GUFFAW"

His name is Carl MacFearson, and his fighter father is deeply, deeply disappointed in him.

How far, is too far when multiclassing?
I realize theorycrafting relies on either an end goal level, or just picking up features for a scaling build.
So what level features don't you want to miss out on for which level breaks? If that makes sens

In humans and presumably other humanoids, dick size is mostly a thing relevant to what kind of folks ruled the area.
Noble women liked treating their big dicked lads well, and all.

So orcs would probably depend if they're the more shamanistic and matriarchal type, or the more brute force and patriarchal type on size. Though by that logic elves, traditionally ruled by a Queen, would probably be on the upper end of the spectrum, and drow boys would be massive.

Emailed WOTC to say that D&D Beyond is shit and that their aggressive takedowns towards content creators is anti-community and I won't be buying any more products

Think I'll get a response?

No.

Show your DM a bunch of unsolved mystery videos of people disappearing or randomly combusting, then subtly drop the idea of how mysterious it would be if the entire chain of command were to just vanish with no hint of mystical play at hand. Then hope your DM says you wake up and the enemy leaders have completely vanished with no trace. Like my DM did, except without us feeding him the idea.

Orcs as an extreme patriarchy have tiny dicks. Drow girly boys are slinging 16 inch monsters.

Any class - level 1,2, or 3 for archetype features (depending on when the class gets them).
Fighter - level 2 for Action Surge, or EK7 for War Magic

Rogue - level 2 for Cunning Action

Paladin - level 2 for smiting, 6 for auras, or 7 for Ancients spell resistance

>55352232
Stunning Strike and Cutting Words are not magical dipshit

Fuck me I meant

Instead of having the players just be invited over, you could say that in addition to the death curse kicking in, that adventurers have been going missing (not killed from the death curse, actually missing). It leads to a small search that shows that all the adventurers had been hired for a job, and that the person hiring ends up being Syndra who needs help. It's really just a minor twist, but it could help build some small suspense and gives them a better idea on just how previous efforts to stop the curse have failed.

Dipshit

>be me
>be writing a playable fey race with Seelie and Unseelie races because the Eladrin didn't satisfy me
>wake up to see the new Unearthed Arcana
>it's better than the cobbled together shit I was writing

FUCK

I'm not wrong though cunt

>UA Eladrin was better than what you were making
God damn user, don't be so hard on yourself

Like I said in the other thread, Monk abilities and Bard abilities are magical as canon per the book. Don't just repeat the shit you said without reading what I said first.

Well that's actually a pretty good idea, kinda forces them to accept the reality that "yeah that campaign may kill you like these missing adventurers".
I like it.

Where do i find people to play with online!?

Game finder threads on Veeky Forums

Roll20

Fucker looks, straight up, like Chester Cheetah.

>Monk abilities and Bard abilities are magical as canon per the book
Prove it. They're not.