>gatherer.wizards.com

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-08-17-mogis-control/
mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-95-36-tix-modern-white-black-tokens
mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-mono-u-tron-modern
mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-95-30-tix-modern-mono-blue-colossus
mtggoldfish.com/decks/budget/modern#paper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any fellow Gx Tronfags running Emrakul, the Promised End? I initially ran her for kicks but after awhile I realized I really liked her - I've found that she performs admirably against combo and control (both of which were prevalent in my local meta up until a month ago), and is at the very least serviceable as another hard-to-deal-with fatty in other matchups.

>her

Emrakul is a legendary creature that always appears female in the story and wizards always refers to her with female pronouns. Wouldn't you refer to Thalia or other legendary female creature as a her?
Also she is my waifu pls no bully.

Does anybody know a good Hatebirds list? I'm interested in playing Favorable Winds.
>SaffronOlive's list
I don't want to scoop to Chalice and I know that White has useful birds, also Birds of Paradise is a card. Although I admit Psionic Blast looks surprisingly useful and I do like the idea of playing a non-Red burn spell as a gotcha card.

>not posting the updated version

Thalia is a girl tribe card

Eldritch horrors don't have genders. Fuck wizards

this is the "Real" version now

i just saw ad nauseam combo on the original under "wincons should be surprises" and got confused

This sorely needs updating

This desu

Still playin Tezzeret. Tested Shackles but I realized most of the time when I cast it or Whirred for 3 I would have rathered it be a bridge and dropped it.

>Fuck wizards
Can I fuck the eldritch horrors instead?

Reminder that Shaun McLaren is LITERALLY /ourguy/

Need some opinions. Thinking of doing some altered art cards. Mostly as a source of money for this hobby. I'm mostly looking to see what the general opinion on altered art cards is, how easy it would be to actually sell them, and what would be good staple cards to do.

I'm planning on mostly doing them in the style of pic related, with more or less detail. Mostly just pen and ink style since it seems like the most fun for me. I might also do some border extensions with paint as well. The first test set I was thinking of doing was a set of basic lands. Just taking a full art, erasing the middle and doing some black and white illustration.

I'd also be following wizards rules for league alters. So cant cover up the name, cost, rules text, and p/t. The art also has to be relatively close to the original as well so that its recognizable. So if its goblin guide it should have a goblin on it.

Looks nice, I would buy that in an unglued mountain frame or something.

im in the anything else
i play coalition victory

I was thinking of leaving the frame in pic related and doing it in the middle, but removing the whole frame and just leaving the bit at the bottom wouldn't be too hard.

That would also be sweet, your linework looks great so the only question and the make or break part is coloring.

How do you do this? Do you glue your drawing onto the card? Do you cover the card in correcting fluid and draw on that?

Gearhulk should drop price when it rotates out of standard right?
Kinda want one for my mono blue tron

That one above is a random one off of google. I'm decent enough to do relatively similar though. Pic related are some of my early unfinished alters from before I quit. They're not done and there's a few mistakes I could have fixed, but they're from a couple years ago.

The set of pens I was looking at comes with a number of acrylic based pens. I would like to pic them up but its like $80 for a decent set. I'd like to start with B&W to see if I can actually move them before diving into it. I'm also putting together burn so I don't have a ton of money to invest into other things. Let alone things that might not actually pay off.

Some people do the glue method but I don't like to do that. You can actually erase the image of the card with an eraser. In particular 'Ink' erasers like Dixon's Pink'n'Ink or Stadtler's Duo Plast. After that lightly sketch out what you want to do with a pencil, trace over it with pen, and erase away the pencil marks after the ink is dry. You can also free ball it but thats risky.

So what are some cheap modern staples that a lot of people use? Things like lightning bolt that see play in a bunch of decks.

I haven't played in a year and I'm thinking about hitting up some Modern tournaments and maybe even a GP.

Is Affinity still worth playing? If not, what is?

>Is Affinity still worth playing?
good news robotard, your deck is still top tier

thx m8, I'll be sure to keep playing it to piss people off

You know, you could probably mask duskmantle mindcrank as grixis control pretty easily and still win around turn 6.

Does iconic look like it has enough value to warrant buying a box?

No, unless you want to hold on a bunch of baubles for 10 years.

stuff like AV and Cryptic are at rare if you want to try your hand at a box

Lightning Bolt, Lingering Souls, Path to Exile, Serum Visions, Opt (a new print coming soon), Mana Leak, Fatal Push, Monastery Swiftspear, all come to mind.

it's gotten possible upgrades depending on what ur "colors" are but it's still stock oppression

>pic only kinda related

I was actually thinking of some jank mono black with thoughtseize and/or fatal push, but that seems spicy

Which of the following can be built on a budget:
>Pyromancer Storm
>Eggs
>Vigor Bloom
>Mono-U Tron
>BW Tokens
>D&T
>Cruel Control
>Duskmantle Mindcrank
>Scepter Control

Bw tokens is nice on a budget if you have the right tech

That image in particular is outdated so I wouldn't give it to much thought. Most of the the images in those types aren't very good desu. Out of those decks you listed the only ones I can recommend would be
>Baral storm since pyro storm is outdated ~500
>D&T ~ 580
>U Tron ~450

All of them are already relatively cheap compared to the rest of the format so you should be fine unless by "budget" you mean like $100 bucks.

Would there be ways I could build them for less and slowly upgrade? Also, is there any deck that uses Grave Titan?

Depends on your budget which you should probably have stated in the original post. If you don't have a lot you might be better off just saving for a little while and then buying in, especially since those decks are relatively cheap. There aren't any good competitive decks that use grave titan in modern.

What's the cheapest way to buy cards other than ebay? TCGPlayer looks like it has the best prices.

Build owling mine

What's that?

A terrible meme deck

Not with this spicy new tech!

Sure thing champ.

Just ordered a playset of Invasion Opt. Looking forward to all those pretend-OCD memester tears

What's wrong with the card?

Nothing, but some people get pissy when you use non-Modern borders on cards in Modern.

I hadn't heard of that deck, but it looks like stupid fun.

UB zombie hunt jank: 1 or 2 infestations in mainboard? runing 2 kathari remnants cause im short one treasure hunt atm. also, what are some spicy lands that are not manlands? thinking about a desert package, maybe be able to sideboard splash some of the other colored ones by playing survivors encampment and painted bluffs.

Keldon Megaliths is good additional land damage/removal, so maybe call this "grixis zombie hunt in the desert"?

Cole? Run 2.

I'm new to modern. Is there a way I could build around Metalwork Colossus/Salvage Titan and mana rocks/artifact stax/tax pieces?

>salvage titan
Here's my pet deck that uses salvage Titan, it usually goes 2-2 but it's a ton of fun.

How important is Mox Opal? Because the rest of that deck looks pretty cheap and fun to throw together. Also, Crack the Earth is great.

Updated my shtibrew after some playtesting, gunna take it to FNM this week.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-08-17-mogis-control/

Any ideas for me?

Mox opal creates a lot more keepable hands, but I have tried configuring it without mox opal before. I'm not exactly sure about the numbers, but adding some number of darksteel citadels, springleaf drums, and replacing frogmites with memnites is probably the way to go. If you want to go maximum jank you can also build 100% manaless affinity, but then you don't get to play slag fiend. My attempt was -4 mox opal -3 memnite, +2 signal pest, +2 mountain, +2 faithless looting, +1 springleaf drum.

Consider Mind Stone, Talismans, or Signets?

I'd be very cautious of adding any rock that costs more than 0 mana, because the goal is to vomit your whole hand out on turn 1. However, I'm pretty certain that there's a budget deck waiting to be discovered involving atog, atog2 (ravenous intruder), and stuff like ichor wellspring.

I've tried brewing a budget deck using Auratog, the Ordeals, and Hatching Plans.

lol nope, not that guy. dang i though i was the first guy to think of this since everyone does the UR landshock version.

i was thinking i only need one zombie infestation main unless i know someone is running counters, but better safe i guess. also quicksand and cabal pit for even more removal. its funny, this deck is so structurally bare bones jank you can make it any way you want it. need counterspells for some reason? just use muddle the mixture! you can search for hunt if you dont need it! splashing a few cards cant hurt it if you use the right ones.

>cabal pit
This is the modern thread kiddo

oh whoops. forgot to check

You could make a shit-version of BW Tokens and Mono-U Tron for around $40-$60 or a decent base version for around or less than $100. They can be upgraded piece-by-piece.

Holy FUCK does this game hate you if you don't fork over the cash. Even this "budget" $40 RDW deck is getting my ass handed to me because some chucklefuck got his hands on that God-Pharaoh artifact that lets him bring out 4/4 haste tokens every fucking turn. Goddamn. How can I outspeed that shit?

That all sounds good to me. Where should I start for each?

Sideboarding artifact hate :^)

mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-95-36-tix-modern-white-black-tokens
Inquisition of Kozilek and Stony Silence should be in budget range.

mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-mono-u-tron-modern
Replace Crucible of Worlds, Wurmcoil Engine, and Snapcaster Mage with other cards. You could try going away from Tron and just make a Mana Rock ramp deck ft. Metalworks Colossus.
mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-95-30-tix-modern-mono-blue-colossus

You could check out others.
mtggoldfish.com/decks/budget/modern#paper

Tell me what kind of deck you want, what you want to do well in, and what you don't mind having difficulty against.

>what kind of deck you want
Something slow-paced and resource-based, especially if it has interesting card interactions/room for tech
>what you want to do well in
Controlling the pace of the game and having consistent mana supply
>what you don't mind having difficulty against
Fast combo/storm, maybe slow control?

I think you'd do better making counters and tokens. I'd buy an energy token in your style.

Try U tron

I already have a Solemn Simulacrum, at least one Condescend, a Dismember, a Fabricate, a playset of Thirst for Knowledge, a playset of Expedition Map, and a Mindslaver. I used to have playsets of the Urza lands, but I traded them off because I didn't think I'd ever play outside of commander again, and not competitively at all.

What deck should I play if I want everyone I play against to tilt and hate me? Especially if they get more frustrated the longer the game goes.

lantern

Lantern is only boring against shit decks like tron, burn, jund, and merfolk. Control and tempo matchups with lantern are insanely fun.
I would recommend turbofog, because 1. it's a shit deck 2. your opponent has to wait it out to see if you whiff 3. its only good against a narrow type of deck

>merfolk
>shit
Say that to my face fucker

>tron
>shit
Say that to my face fucker

>Control and tempo matchups with lantern are insanely fun.
Eh, those tend to skew in lantern's favor. The slower a deck is, the better lantern does.

The only control decks that lantern I'd say has a disadvantage toward are stuff like Sun and Moon, though that's largely because Chalice really fucks lantern. But Sun and Moon is arguably as unfun to play against AS lantern, so...

>T1 Pithing
Your move rustbucket

I'd also like a deck that could use Sun Titan, Grave Titan, or Chancellor of the Annex. I just really like those cards. If there's not a decent deck that uses them, that's alright.

Not him, but drop a different planeswalkers T3/4, drop a wurmcoil T3. Karn isnt the only finisher.

>trying to interact with tron
just kill them

For Budget
>Nevermore
>Mono Blue Colossus
>Enchantress
>Trading Post Tron

Otherwise go with U Tron.

Sun Titan has
>Emeria Control
>Pan-Meria

Grave Titan has
>Mono Black Panharmonicon

I like the sound of Mono Blue Colossus, Enchantress, Trading Post Tron, the Emeria builds, and MB Panharmonicon.

Look at their lists and keep in mind the meta you are in. If you are facing a lot of Stony Silences (perhaps Affinity is popular there), then make sure your sideboard is filled with answers to them. If you are dealing with a Storm-heavy or Dredge-heavy meta, then make sure that you have more graveyard hate than usual.

The only budget deck I've actually played was Stake Sisters, and that was because I like the idea of winning with joke cards like Norin and Genesis Chamber. Also my meta was full of Burn and Zoo at the time.

Most popular decks around here last I checked are Burn, "we wish we still had Twin", and various mono-color Tribal decks.

Most of the time alters are done on a commission basis, people don't usually buy random alters online. Start doing alters on cards you already have with art that interests you, build up a portfolio and post it online to facebook or something. Then you can start getting people to commission you for alters. Lookup Klug alters for an example.

Don't start buying staples and altering them, you will almost certainly lower the value of the card and lose money.

Will ticking up my Ally of Zendikar trigger my Auriok champuon/Soul Warden?

>tfw blue staff will never make it onto the flowchart
whyyyyyy

no

Blue Staff?

B L U E S T A F F

Okay so can I actually win shit in Magic Online or is it just one big meme because their scheduling stuff makes it seem like you can actually participate in Draft Open and win shit and I'm starting to wonder whether if I should really get involved in this game since Konami has decided the players don't matter for YGO.

What is Blue Staff?

Take your pick, my child.

>Something slow-paced and resource-based, especially if it has interesting card interactions/room for tech
>Don't mind losing to Fast combo/storm, maybe slow control?
It sounds like you need to play Martyr-Proc my dude.

After Ascendant gets reprinted in Iconic Masters it should be pretty cheap to run the deck without Crucible and with a budget manabase.

How important are Flagstones and Cavern?

Sucks that Modern seasons almost over

Cavern is just a hedge against counterspell decks and Chalice. It's worth running because it's tutorable with Wayfarer, but it's not mandatory.

Flagstones are good because they increase the effective plains count for Emeria, and fetch the Mistveils, but the deck works fine without them.

As a cheap Martyr-Proc manabase I might run:
16 plains
2 Mistveil Plains
2 Emeria
3-4 Ghost Quarter

Is forest Belcher even a fun meme or am I going to be wasting my time

I thought is was fun to play on Xmage for a day or two, then it got boring

check this shitty deck
have a giggle
it's all good

I'm thinking of building a jank Kiln Fiend deck. Am I stuck in UR? is it even any good?

Field of Ruin
Land
T: Add ◊ to your mana pool.
2, T, sacrifice Field of Ruin: Destroy target nonbasic land your opponent controls, each player may search his or her library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle his or her library.
I like it

Can see me replace a couple of tectonic edges for this on D&T