MtG Ixalan Spoilers

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/articles/ixalan-the-return-of-magic
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/developing-tribal-set-2017-09-12
youtube.com/watch?v=iPAr7kL-mmg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh look another "alluring" card with dudes on it. Tumblr is happy.

A huge beater that's fast and can't simply be chump blocked? That's nice.

Well, this seems good.

>its a uncommon better than the red mythic ""5/5""

I'm happy to see non-angry red get more of a showing.

Like he said, Tumblr is happy.

I'd first pick that.

Should have been a busty pirate girl.

>red displaying non-destructive emotions is Tumblr

Fuck off

I really, really, really like seeing an uncommon with as weird abilities as those. This is going in my cube

Is /tg going to me mature enough to admit it if Ixilan standard is good? Or is everyone to invested in water boarding MaRo with cum to do anything but hate on everything WotC does.

>pirates can't be seductive rogues
fuck off

I just want one busty pirate lady.

Point out something objectively seductive about the man depicted in this art.

that orc or whatever on the left seems pretty into him.

>objectively seductive
fuck off

>Dat Ass

It's just between this and Siren's call at least one could be a girl. Almost all fucking pirates seen so far are girls, come on

I now want a vertical cycle of pox part pirates.

>Wizard
Into inalla it goes

Going into a ton of edh decks.
t. griefer

>almost all pirates are girls
Somebody counted earlier in spoiler season, and it was closer to 50%, with a few more male pirates than female ones. Since we have a couple new male pirates ITT, I doubt those numbers have changed much

>ugly girls
fixed.

The legendary ones are. But fair enough. Still a bit irritated that both tempting cards are guys when the large majority of their target audience is guys.

a) you're stupid
b) you're wrong

See, I brought this one up myself in an earlier thread, but somebody else claimed it was a dude, so now I'm not too sure myself

It isn't "seductive" as in you want to fuck it, it's captivating as in "hey what about a carefree life free of constrains where you can do whatever you want?". It's the convention breaking pretence of freedom of the thief life that appeal to those who romanticise it.
Until they realise that the pirate life isn't fun or free, that is the end of the turn.

Hips say female, but no bust and boyish face are telling me male.

Oh baby someone is going straight into Inalla wizardball

Inalla + panharmonicon + him gives you 4 triggers of his etb which alone is enough to bring the hurt down.

But I can't see her nipples, user! She's hideous!

Who needs sexy pirates?

There is only one best tribe of Ixalan and it is not pirates.

>lean body
>open shirt
>confident look
>clean so probably an officer (i.e. cash money)
>CREW so gangbang potential

Aren't pirates seductive by nature? Do what you want. Hurt and steal and get rich quick. See lands you wouldn't otherwise. Get more STDs than years you'll likely live. Surrounded by men and uggos so the tavern wenches you bang on land will be that much more appreciated. Rape potential.

I don't have a fetish for huge necks.

He's doing a lip bite. That's definitely a seductive move, not being captivating.

Conquer exotic new lands and drink the blood of the wicked that dwell there. Become a conquistador today.

you know what they say, the hips don't lie.

I never noticed how tight that striped shirt thing was until now
that's surprisingly alluring
>can't appreciate a graceful neck
I can't believe I unironically share a board with such unrestrained plebs

>semantics
it can be two things, anyway

>black
>steals shit

it fits I guess.

That's a ruff, silly.

>"Monstrosaur"

About the level of intelligence to expect from featherfags.

All the white males want the BBC, user

Unless they are girls, then it become sexist and male gaze.

>Piracy as a sabateur to buy dresses and be the prettiest girl(male) when you are in !tartuga
>Tomboy pirate girl to the point of reverse trap
I cant tell which I want to be true

>mad cuckservatives

Only if you're an ugly fatty. You're not an ugly fatty, are you?

I like this one

Really? Because those both sound great

Good thing you can have 4 a deck!

Nonlegendary creature, so they can both be true.

>draw a boy
>call it a girl
user, you are gay.

they tried to do the "Enthralling Victor 2: Revenge", is drawn by the same artist too, but it kinda failed tho, not enough beefcake.

>manladyboygirl harem.dec

Usually hate vampires as a concept and tribe, but these are cool

I think half the reason Enthralling Victor was so popular was that Red hadn't gotten a seduction-based card before. It felt really fitting in the color, and the flavortext was less blatant.

Honestly, it feels like they were trying too hard to mimic it. For pirates, it's the sort of card that really needs one person swooning in the arms of another while they swing on a rope or something.

No doubt that would be too dynamic and difficult for Wizards to pull off though

>Called River Sneak
>Doesn't have islandwalk

but who caught the better monsterboy?

right.

Mostly from the shocked/surprised look + doesn't look as ugly as left.

what if there aren't any islands in the river it's sneaking through?

Better than Islandwalk

I can see where you're coming from with this. Maybe they wanted the mimicry to seem intentional, as in, like a callback?
And I agree, we could use some more rope-swinging in general so far.

Muscle Wizard cast us a spell.

mtggoldfish.com/articles/ixalan-the-return-of-magic

I think I'm gonna play Standard again after Ixalan releases. It felt familiar and exciting like the sort of MTG that I played back then, but I wasn't able to tell why until I read that article.

Make MTG great again.

Of course they wanted it as a callback, but all that does is force people to compare the two. And when the second isn't as good when trying to go with the same idea of 'pretty boy standing here, person looking in awe over here', then it raises the question of why they tried to paint by numbers in an attempt to get lightning to strike twice.

They needed to have it at a different angle. Him more clearly shirtless and swinging on a rope would have been great, and it would also help set it apart from Enthralling Victor in terms of artwork while still having its own appeal. Making it a woman would also be a distinct possibility, and I have no doubt it would be a very popular card if it was a woman swinging on a rope with a woman swooning in her arms, although I doubt we'd get a card that fun with new Wizards.

This set if full of interesting but junky stuff, outside of a few cards (as always) it's really not great.

neato

landwalk abilities are badwrongfun in NuMagic

NO 1 MANA COST DINOSAUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From today's development article, "Developing a Tribal Set": magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/developing-tribal-set-2017-09-12

"As I was working on the set, that meant making sure that Dinosaurs showed up at all sizes and all places on the mana curve. You will find Dinosaurs between two and eight mana, and the small ones don't need to be babies—just naturally smaller Dinosaurs." --Sam Stoddard

no, they're just overly situational in all magic so the minor flavor boon isn't worth keeping them evergreen.

thread theme youtube.com/watch?v=iPAr7kL-mmg

Realistic Smasher

Busty pirate lady offering you a goblet full of wine while pointing behind her to the other dancing pirates would have been great.

Like I said, badwrongfun. It's like Shroud. Landwalk abilities are too complicated for NuMagic Player's tiny brains. "wuh... a mountainwalk can be blocked by... another mountainwalk?!? Me no understand! Me angry! UNGA BUNGA!" I'm surprised they still let flying be around.

>"wuh... a mountainwalk can be blocked by... another mountainwalk?!? Me no understand! Me angry! UNGA BUNGA!"
that also explains their new target audience

>Landwalk abilities are too complicated for NuMagic Player's tiny brains. "wuh... a mountainwalk can be blocked by... another mountainwalk?!? Me no understand! Me angry! UNGA BUNGA!"

Apparently you don't understand it either:

>702.14d Landwalk abilities don’t “cancel” one another.

>Example: If a player controls a snow Forest, that player can’t block an attacking creature with snow forestwalk even if he or she also controls a creature with snow forestwalk.

It looks fun though

is this garbage?

>too complicated
but that's not even the reason why they stopped using it. it's the fact that it just straight up doesn't matter that the ability exists a significant percent of the time. it's not even related to complexity, it's just poor design.

Oh fuck he is real.

Lucio, pirate edition?

Looking fun is the second most important thing for a MtG set
The first is being actually fun

>Point out something objectively seductive about the man depicted in this art.
The pose, the smile, the outfit

The most important thing are playable cards, because if they fun but unplayable....well that explains itself.

Well thankfully we'll never have to worry about it confusing us ever again, because it's just too complicated to exist. More +1/+1 counter abilities please, wizards!

Not really. As long as the set is fun, that at least means limited is fun, which is one of the more important things even if in the context of other formats the cards are mostly garbage. Granted, the two sort of go hand in hand, but I would say that the set being enjoyable comes before power level.

Well time to build a B/W deck....

It has caught my attention the most since khans block. Amonkhet and Kaladesh were abortions. This seems flavorful and fun. Power isn't the greatest but whatever.Just hapy to have cool tribes in a tribal setting.

Seems great. Dunno where Vampires are gonna get all this life from, though

Can't get any more gay than this with clothes on.

Where the fuck is the pirate pussy? I don't believe in conspiracies but holy shit, it's like they're doing everything they can to not draw seductive attractive girls.

Lifelink, presumably.

As a featherfag, even I can't defend this shit.

Looks like Harry Potter to me. What's attractive about that?

>it's like they're doing everything they can to not draw seductive attractive girls.
I agree
That's pretty sexist of them

Nothing. Who needs waifu pirates when we've got superior bloodsuckers to think about anyway