FUCK MAGIC

FUCK MAGIC

Yeah, Barbarians of Lemuria is unquestionably a better alternative to D&D (any edition).

I'm not a fan of collectable card games either.

Please don't fuck magic.

Conan never said "fuck magic", he said "fuck no, not magic!"

And then he miraculously survives and kills the magic

Magic is for the weak, for the civilised man. Might is what makes men, men should be defined through their strength, their power, their cunning. Magic is for the weak, the man who cannot face reality for what it is; an eternal battle.

Civilisation will fall, and magic will fail, and once again our way will be made through blood and steel. Barbarism will triumph.

I just noticed how much bulge Arnie is rocking there Jesus Christ

And then Conan went on to be king of one of the most civilized nations of it's period lmao

Yeah, sometimes he ran away, Conan was still frightened by magic, feared it.

Care to explain when it was ever stated to be something of the civilized men? Magic stuff in Conans world were rare ingredients and ancient secrets of dark places, not something civilized people come up with because they are civilized.

desu he probably led a few wars and then just abanoned it, went on living and went back to being a barbarian when he was 50 years old, incredibly rich.

The magic ends here.

Cabals=sundered

because barbarian tribes value strength, honour, cunning, all physical attributes.

of course the tribes have shamans and medicine men, etc, but they don't have magicians/occultists who use magic for their own gain.

How are honor and cunning physical attributes?

How would fucking magic feel like?

Had conan any problems with magic?

It'd be a bit tingly on your skin and your ears would ring for a few hours afterwards.

physical includes brain

yeah he hates magicians

>Magic is for the weak, for the civilized man.

nah

nature magic/ druidism isnt the same as the wizardry occult stuff that conan hates

Dude did you just Beowulf on us?

yes

No, he died of old age and his son inherited the throne as per most Kings.
This is all well-established in the setting too.

Conan doesn't hate magic.
He's suspicious and mostly afraid of it. Even the helpful sorcerers he meets make him really nervous.

Did his son ever have a name?

Conan II, though he was just called "Prince Conn" as a younger man.

>Conan II
The Destroyer?

Magic is for faggots. Muscles is for alphas

>honor
Reminder that honor is for duels and oaths. There are war crimes, but there's no such thing as 'cheating' in war.

Reminder that Robert E Howard is the true originator of modern fantasy and not Tolkien.

*Literally teleports behind you*

Cod

Pieces

>>not getting the reference.

My favorite branch of magic. Over-reliance, however, can make it difficult to go back to vanilla.

I'll remember that when I'm living as a God in my own private plane of reality

Conan wasn't a barbarian because he wanted to be he was one because of circumstance. He later founded a civilized kingdom. The qualities of barbarism is one pronounced in societal trend shift. From the untamed and superstitious to eventually overcome that which was once dangerous and mysterious.

Barbarism itself isn't a cause to rally behind and doesn't suggest any differences in the physical or mental qualities of a barbaric human with a civilized human. The only difference in quality is from perception, one views the other through the lens of stigma and they're in turn viewed from the lens of superstition. That would suggest the driving origin theme of barbaric characters wouldn't be barbarism but superstition to things they can't define or control.

Why not have both though?

fuck magic

Forgive him, Sir Terry.