>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed) (embed)

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/iglMj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for wizards should pick 2 schools and shun all others at character creation.

That feels too specialized, more of what a sorc should be doing. I was always okay with the old losing out on opposing schools schtick.

What are the best mutliclass options for a jack of all trades character?

>2
I think losing access to two would be better, also it's how they did it way back when.

I pick Arcane and Divine.

Bard 1/bard 19

Pure half elf bard.

Imagine if you could cross class colleges. Or not cause that's just retarded

Best Paladin MC options?

Bard, throw at least one level of rogue in there somewhere.

Nomad Mystic if your DM is retarded

Hexblade 1

Sorcerer, Bard, Warlock

Anyone else think bards could be 2/3 casters and not be underpowered? Slow down progression and cap at one 7th level slot, but leave everything else the same.

Absolutely

All you care about from your multiclass is the ability to smite more. Everything else the paladin's kit already provides. Pal, imo, is one of the few classes where it doesn't feel like shit to go 20 levels pure in.

I agree. They get as many features as martials even though they are fullcasters.

Just compare what they get with Sorcerers or Wizards.

anyone started ToA yet? how is it?

Wizards get some neat school features and better spell selection, but Bard is (I believe, AFB) the only full caster who gets class features and a new level of spells at the same time (they look like dead levels in the Wizard table).

added to the album of ToA leaks
imgur.com/a/iglMj

Going to be playing in a game that's similar to an epic (large cast of characters) in terms of the fact that there will be ~15 players rotating in and out. Some quests will involve certain groupings and others will be determined by who can make it to a session.

What class would you suggest I try for this? I want something that could fit into any party composition.

I'm leaning towards Paladin, but I'm wondering if there are any other good options.

i want to fuck the girls on critical role

EK, abjuration only.

I completely agree I dislike MCing unless it actually fits what has happened to the character over the course of an adventure. However that doesn't mean I'm not aware of the really good cheese, because I also DM so I have to keep an eye out for that shit.

I wouldn't mind Ashley, hate Marisha as a person and character. Have too much of a man crush on Travis to do that to him.

Reiterating a question: If I go for a Bard X/Life Cleric 1 muticlass, what should I take as my first level, Cleric or Bard? I feel like the Con proficiency is useful for Concentration, but I'll grab War Caster eventually.

But user, there retarded

Like you said Paladin would be good, a Bard, Wizard or Cleric would also fit really well with most parties.

Oh don't misunderstand. Wizards are as good as bards probably, but the Bard still gets way more shit than any other class

>Have too much of a man crush on Travis to do that to him.

This. I've had a crush on Laura Bailey's voice since the good ol days of Fruits Basket and Kodocha, and its endlessly entertaining to watch her sperg out on the show, but Travis just seems like that chill jock older brother you never had.

War caster gives you advantage, not proficiency. Definitely start cleric if you want armor, bard if you want skills

EK (possibly take a couple Wiz levels), AT (possibly take a couple Wiz levels), Tempest/War cleric, Bard.

Everybody wants that inspiration from you. Delicious .

The only "retarded" move the DM made was having Strahd be close enough to the party for someone to melee attack him once. After that, it was over, because our meme Bard tripped him, grappled him, and the rest of the party went hog wild before his turn came around again.

>but user, there retarded
>there retarded
>there

user, pls.

Strahd can phase through the floor and shit, he shouldn't have stayed grappled.

Either Cleric or Bard. Cleric for healing and tanking, Bard for general versatility and support.

Wizards have 250+ class features before they choose a subclass.

>Running first session of Out of the Abyss for 3 players at my college gaming club
>Hey user, does (wizard) have his spellbook
>No, the drow took it.
>Hey user, does (cleric) have his holy symbol
>No, the drow took it.
>Hey user, does (fighter) have a sword
>Wh- no, of course not. The drow did not leave you with your sword
>Well then I guess our only option is to pick up sticks and rocks and bum-rush the guards, still in manacles without any planning, or without saying a single word to any of the prisoner NPCS, while still bound in manacles
>Unarmored PCs shot to death in aa suicide rush fifteen minutes into the game, ending the campaign immediately
>WTF user WE HAD *NO OTHER CHOICE* BUT TO FIGHT THEM
>Player asserts that I'm no longer GM and that I should come back next week to see "how it's really done"

I'm not getting a good feeling about this club anymore.

?

Well, he should have thought about making one of his legendary actions "phase through the floor and shit" or "turn into a cloud". Instead, what he did was "you can move and not provoke opportunity attacks", which isn't helpful when your speed is 0.

This is what happens when you spend all your time terrorizing peasants and crying about your girlfriend instead of plotting how to fuck up adventurers.

wtf does strahd not have legendary actions?

How versatile is Paladin in this edition, and which oath is the best at that?

>versatile
Paladins are alpha striking healbots. They're really good at it though, so it's ok.

Yes, I'm not saying they're underpowered relative to Bards, but bards get way more features than them (plus magical secrets letting them cherrypick from the best of those Wizard "class features"). 2/3 spellcasting would bring Bards down to a point where they're an actual jack-of-all-trades, not a jack-of-all-trades and master of spellcasting.

>"you can move and not provoke opportunity attacks"
so your DM is literally retarded, got it

Don't go back

No it's what happens when your DM is retarded.

You get the armor anyway, so I guess bard. Suppose DEX saves are useful too.

Define versatile. They're still bad at range and AoE (one oath kinda has an AoE option in Moonbeam) since smites are single target and melee restricted. Outside of that, they're very solid. Built properly, they're beefy, the burst extremely well and put out respectable damage when they don't, they have pretty decent healing options between aura of vitality and lay on hands, and the Oaths do actually offer very different playstyles. Oath of the Ancients seems to be the most flexible at doing anything and everything

I'm playing the first session of oota tonight, wish me luck
Unluck them, we aren't retarded

How many levels of bard should one take?

>already get the armor
Life domain gets heavy armor, Valor bards only get medium and Lore only get light. Con saves are more important for casters than Dex, for concentration.

>hate Marisha as a person
I see this a lot from people. She's the only cast mate I don't care for, but why the vitriol hate?

Best class for DMPC's? My players are a bit new and few so I decided someone to say "hey maybe thats not a good idea" to situations like might be useful

Depends what you want to do.

All he could do is try and slap people nearby. He did manage to hit both the Sorc and Bard once, even with his disadvantage.

He can move up to his speed.
A grappled creature's speed is 0.

>Hey user, does (wizard) have his spellbook
>No, the drow took it.
>Hey user, does (cleric) have his holy symbol
>No, the drow took it.
Wait a second, clerics and wizards start Out of the Abyss not being able to cast spells? When do they get their shit back? Does the module make them spend their first level being useless or something?
I'm just about to start an OOTA game and now I'm scared

Depends how much of a Paladin you want to be, and what kind of Bard.
Pal2/Valor18 is good for Extra Attack and War Magic, Pal6/Lore14 is good, Pal7/Lore13 is good for Ancients.

That's my point you mong, why the fuck would he use that legendary action if he can't fucking move

Really depends on what you want out of it, most people just say the 2Pal/18Bard like a sorcadin. However it's not going to kill you if you go up to 6 for more from Paladin, 7 if OoA and want the magic resistance.

So /5eg/ my DM asked the party to min max some specific classes as much as possible and run them on the next session as a sidestory to the campaign. We were assigned the classes and were told to make them as powerful as they can be.
I am going to play a Hexblade Warlock, level 10, no MC, every book and all official content available, UA included. What's the most OP I can make him?
The party is also going to have a Champion Fighter, and an Evocation Wizard, from what I learned.

Champion Fighter. Simplest class in the game, few resources and no spells to keep track of.

Something very support focused, or maybe horribly optimized since you don't want to outshine your players whatsoever. Bitch-boy cleric or a warlock who doesn't budget his abilities perhaps?

>hey user, does (fighter) have the tool he needs to murder people
>No, the drow took it.
>hey user, does (caster) have the tool he needs to alter reality, teleport, melt walls, and murder people?
>Yes, it would be unfair if you lost your class' defining feature

None. If you think the answer to that post was having a DMPC then you missed the entire problem.

not that post in particular, just saw it and it reminded me that I meant to ask the general

>Pal 6/Lore14
That sounds like the makings of an interesting skill monkey Gish type. Especially if you go Dex pally.

To me she's just outright annoying, time and again gets far too drunk during break and just drags the game to a grinding halt when it has to be explained yet again "no you can't do x". She is only edged out as my least favorite from that show by Orian.

Clerics/druids can carve focuses/holy symbols out of the mushrooms iirc

Acolyte or priest from Monster Manual? (Unless your party has cleric who likes to heal)

Except neither wizard nor cleric need those to actually cast spells.

Don't use DMPCs at all. If they have, and want to bring along NPCs then that's what the players decide, but don't force your voice onto the group.

He didn't, he spent all of them on trying to claw at players. was referring to a theoretical Strahd designing his own toolkit, not the actions of the Strahd in my game.

Anyone here ever done a fighter/thief mc? Should I go dual wilding or dueling?

Yeah but a fighter/barbarian can pick up any old martial weapon after the first riot and be proficient in it, a wizard isn't going to fucking trip over a new spellbook and an ingredient pouch in the underdark or whatever

>Mfw already doing that with an OoA/Lore styled after the three musketeers

The drunk thing I hear a lot too, but never noticed it really. Always thought she was just retarded.

Is the drinking even confirmed?

Ah shit, I'm retarded, I thought clerics had CON saving throws.

I asked them if they wanted a helping npc of course. I'm not an asshole to my friends.

She plays a cringey fedora-tier character with a total snowflake backstory, doesn't understand the majority of her spells after playing for years, derails frequently to deliver dramatic monologues written at an 8th-grade level, and sometimes comes off like she's trying to play the DM's girlfriend card.
In fairness, Liam does a lot of cringey monologuing shit too but avoids most of Marisha's other issues.

TL;DR She spends too much time distracting from the Travis & Sam show which is by far the most entertaining part of CR.

>unluck them
>not retarded

Hmmm

You can still cast cantrips and prepared spells (as long as they don't require Material components).

>Liam does a lot of cringey monologuing shit too
Don't talk shit on Liam. The man's an unabashed edgelord and I love him for it

you can use cantrips until you get your spellbook back

>Except neither wizard nor cleric need those to actually cast spells.
>Casting some spells requires particular Objects, specified in parentheses in the component entry. A character can use a Component pouch or a spellcasting focus (found in “Equipment”) in place of the components specified for a spell.
The cleric most certainly, 100 percent does need their Holy Symbol to cast any spells that require components.

Also, the wizard needs his spellbook to prepare spells, so at most a wizard in OOtA is limited to the spells they had remembered when the Drow captured them.

They've gotten gifts from fans before of alcohol and even talked about savoring it while playing early on. Also Sam uses a flask to fill his cup more often than not

It kind of varies. All paladins can get some serious burst with critical Smites, and their Lay on Hands is a very effective healing tool-they tend to lack dedicated range options, though. As for Oaths, Devotion is mostly defense/support-oriented with its spell list and anti-Charm aura, with some extra bonuses against undead and fiends. Ancients has more control options, some AoE spells, and a magic damage-resistant aura. Combined with bonuses against fey and fiends, this makes them a pretty effective magic/anti-magic presence on the team. Vengeance is an incredibly vicious melee striker, with spells and abilities that boost their single-target damage to extreme levels, albeit at the cost of losing most of their team support features.

Anyone here ever done a fighter/thief mc? Should I go dual wilding or dueling?

Oh don't get me wrong, I like him, the only issue I really have with Vax is when he derails to get smoochy with Keyleth. I haven't watched in a long time though so maybe that has improved.

God forbid the Wizard apply his godlike intellect to his profession and scavenge like the rest of the party. He can find plenty of bat guano in the Underdark to cast fireballs with, and a good DM would let you murder various cave denizens for their ichor or track down strange, otherworldly flora for extracts to make your magical inks with. Rope the rest of the party in on it, get that fucking Ranger to use his Survival skill to track down the stuff you need.

After that, all you need is a writing implement (a fucking rock) and something to write on (the inside of the sandals you stole off that guard after your party shanked him).

Remember, you can still cast without your spellbook. Losing your spellbook only locks your ability to change your prepared spells. You can rest and regain expended spell levels as normal, but you can't swap out spells known. As for WHAT spells you can cast, that's limited by your ability to scrounge for supplies, IF the spells you have prepared even have material components associated with them. Given that you're likely to have only a few prepped spells with components, you can target all your gathering towards that and creating a new spellbook.

>actually caring about a fucking typo
Retard please go

That require material components. A cleric who doesn't have a holy symbol can still shit Sacred Flames all day

>spellbook
You only need spellbook to prepare new spells, you still remember the ones you've prepared before being captured.
>holy symbol
You only need a spellcasting focus if the spell requires a material component.

>but avoids most of Marisha's other issues.
Then immediately goes above and beyond by being worse than a woman on her period with his mood swings of "oh I love Kiki soooo much!" and "nothing in life matters because Raven Queen"

Dueling or defense, especially if you get extra attack. TWF gives you another Sneak Attack chance but also eats your Cunning Action which is really good to have.
What level split and archetypes are you thinking though?

RAW dual wielding is pretty bad for anyone that gets extra attacks. It wants house-ruling.

Why?

Cantrips, and spells without material components. Burning Hands, Charm Person, Detect Magic, Disguise Self, Expedious Retreat, an already summoned familiar, Fog Cloud, Magic Missile, Ray of Sickness, Shield, or Thunderwave. They must have some meaningful combination of usable spells.

It really needs to not eat into your bonus action economy somehow.

I agree. Do I need to show you where the door is or do ya' got it, champ?