Stat me

Stat our Supreme Being, lower lifeforms.

Yen's translated Part 5 is dropping in a few days. Have you preordered your copy?

>supreme being
>is literally a byproduct of humans
Terrible taste. A thread died for your shit Isegai piece of shit work.

Kumoko's better.

I wish we had better/more novel translators. There's two for Kumoko but one has criminally bad translations and the other hasn't got a lot of time.

Turbo actually stopped translating ages ago and it was taken over by Raisingthedead, and they're pretty good in my opinion (at least, compared to Turbo).
And even though Turbo was awful, I feel like they deserve credit for having translated something like 200 chapters in only a few months.

Aren't most of those basically machine translation?

Back to /a/ with you.

A lot of high quality translations are actually machine translation from what I've seen. The key is the editing process and how thorough they are with the machine translation portion. Good machine translators will use about 4-5 different machine translating services and then go over it with an editor and proofreader.
Sometimes the editor actually has cursory knowledge of Japanese and simply isn't able to make the time commitment that the translators are able to, or their english isn't good enough to make the translation by themself, so they're only able to look over someone else's work and point out anything that's missing or incorrect.

Basically, a lot of machine translations can be really good, but that takes time and more people, and that can be very hard when the translator is working on an individual passion project and doesn't have english as their first language (which was the case with Turbo). This is why for machine translators, they'll often have short bursts of a lot of progress and then some massive delays, because all the people involved end up having trouble aligning their schedules.

As for the quality of machine translating services themselves, I'd say even google translate is pretty good. I've been reading ascendance of a bookworm using google translate for the past 500 chapters and although it takes some getting used to, I have a pretty solid understanding of what's going on about 80-90% of the time, the only really hard part is names.

The main things lost in machine translation usually end up being cultural references and puns, and even then, I often see editors savvy enough to notice those and look them up.

I meant that I thought Turbo's translations were mostly unedited machine translations, but a double language barrier explains a lot. I am aware that the editing process is important.

Oh, well Turbo's are very clearly cleaned up at the very least, which is clear simply from the fact that the names are fairly consistent. Also, if I recall, whenever Turbo made a change in the translation, they'd go back and edit all previous chapters to reflect the change, so I'm pretty sure english simply wasn't their fist language.

> Stat me
> implying having printed stats in source material is not enough

I am waiting for the raw.

>ISekai

He's already got stats though, and the system is literally D&D 3.5 with a few houserules.

what is apotheosis for 200, Alex?

Never heard of it until now, and as you mentioned there are two translations so which one should I go for and where to find it?

>Yen Press

In any event,
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
Although that better stats Mare.

>it's another thinly veiled off topic thread
Stat me threads should be banned alongside all of you faggots.

>Banfag
KYS.

Natural spawn undeads exist in the setting. They were never alive or created from a dead body.

T H E B U L L S H I T R I N G

Don't respond, just report.