Tfw that one exceptionally smart guy in your group who makes everyone else redundant in co-op games

>tfw that one exceptionally smart guy in your group who makes everyone else redundant in co-op games

>tfw I am that guy

>tfw retarded frogposters make you actually start to miss quests

It never happens because a player can only and always move only one character and the character is most of times not as smart as the player

In short, if you genius try and make your 8 int character talk about physiscs i'm gonna have a GOOD time with you

>In short, if you genius try and make your 8 int character talk about physiscs i'm gonna have a GOOD time with you
Stats only mean whatever mechanical effect they have

>tfw am that guy
I'm not even smart at all. I'm just not as passive and indecisive as the rest of the party.

Consider boardgames

It's more about planing.
>tfw that guy is also persuasive enough to make the party follow him 90% of the time

>tfw so good at riddles DM has to contrive reasons for my character to be out of the picture while the rest of the party does them

Still need to abide to the rules, who are easy to understand and counterplan along. Exploiting loopholes in such rules counts as cheating and it's not a sign of intelligence, only autism

If you have a friend who points out the best option then there's not much to do unless you tell him to shut up every time.

>being a rollplayer

Bruh, planning the best course of action isn't cheating.

>mfw I get bullied on Veeky Forums for being a roleplayer

>Implying you've not always missed quests and are in fact a filthy questfag.

This is partially why games like Hanabi are the only co-op games I tolerate, because they have a lot less public information and the exchange of information is a lot more limited.

>your group has 3 different flavors of that guy
>but then also one HVAC repairman from Alabama

>Being that guy
>But also taking great satisfaction in a Support position in the party
Sometimes I really worry that I'm getting too far into the territory OP mentioned, but then I realize that I wouldn't really be able to function solo and my character depends on his/her associates and would be nothing without them. Also, I have a group who don't have catty inferiority complexes (save for That Guy) and feel the need to measure ourselves against others. It's not that Smart Guy is strictly better or worse than you, it's just that you're a Frogposter.

>tfw that guy

I can't even play Pandemic with my group of friends. I'm fully aware of Alpha Dog Syndrome in co-op games and I do everything I can to not be the guy calling the shots but shit. Any time something happens in Pandemic everyone goes quiet and looks at me to tell them what to do. I basically play Pandemic solitaire.

It even happens with that Pathfinder card game. Any time something slightly more complicated than 'Just kill this monster' happens they always ask me what to do. Where to spend their stats. When to use what burnable cards. Blah blah.

I guess it's what I get for being good at board games that require you to think ahead and utilizing the tools available. Ain't no one that can out Catan me.

Fuck off, frogposter.

I am that guy.

That's why I forever DM

>tfw that guy
>tfw DM because of it
>tfw players are worse at figuring out puzzles than the Portal 2 playtesters
>tfw basically have to paint yellow arrows all over the walls to get them to pay attention to important things

Pay attention, you fucks. There's only so many ways I can be organic and throw important YOU NEED THIS THING stuff at you that I can change on the fly to give you a second chance at noticing it. I have spots for keys in every fucking room because you never check even the most blatantly obvious places. Stop kicking open doors in the one place you should be quiet. Why the fuck can none of you pick locks? Fuck.

>tfw your that guy and no-one every wants to play anything with you, tabletop or vidya